Start by marking “Pros & Cons of Deception (Pros & Cons, #2)” as Want to Read:
Pros & Cons of Deception (Pros & Cons, #2)

Pros & Cons of Deception

(Pros & Cons #2)

FIVE JOBS. FIVE CHANCES FOR REDEMPTION. One thing’s for sure: these men are no angels.

There’s nothing like being blackmailed by a dead man to really bring a group of cons together. The deal is simple, we do the jobs and Charlie’s lawyer wipes the slate clean for each of us, one at a time.

Job number two lands right in my lap. I’m Bond. Wesley Bond. (I can’t resist sayin

Published March 1st 2019 (first published February 20th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Pros & Cons of Deception, please sign up.
Cassandra In case you're still looking for it

March 1st for pre-orders (you'll get it a day early)
March 2nd for sale…more
In case you're still looking for it

March 1st for pre-orders (you'll get it a day early)
March 2nd for sale(less)

Start your review of Pros & Cons of Deception (Pros & Cons, #2)
Skirmish
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.wordpress.com/2...
Rating: 4 Stars – minor quibbles but I loved it to bits
haletostilinski
3.75 stars!

The second book in the Pros & Cons story was pretty good overall, but could have been better in my opinion. I think Danny and Wesley had chemistry...more in the second half. There was much of them in the first half, I feel, and not a lot connection. Once they got onto the island I felt more chemistry and I felt more of a connection between them, but at first it was like...oh, Wesley's jealous but how did we get to this point? It didn't feel quite earned to me.

But then they had more a
Santy
Another fun instalment in this exciting series as predicted.

I loved how adorable Danny was and how he managed to worm his way into Wesley's misanthropic heart. Lol

The story was great although I could've done without the nail biting near-death experience getting to the end. Yes, I know these men are criminals and are bound to face some danger bit It still worried my poor heart.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed how this group of men is gradually turning into a family and cannot wait for Leo's story(although
DeeNeez
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series.... A cross between Charlie’s Angels and mission impossible with a team of hot dues with dubious history. The interaction, the snark, the interplay between these guys is great. This mission is all about Wesley the genius hacker making rights at a ritzy island spa. And he needs a fake boyfriend for his cover. Danny, the newest team member from the last mission is it. I love the fake boyfriend trope! I was hooting with laugher with Steele’s antics with the kids under his su ...more
Karen
An entertaining story and good enough to keep me interested in finding out what comes next...full review to follow, soonish!

Five jobs, five chances at redemption and this is job #2…

Deception’s the theme for this job and the man that Charlie thinks can pull it off is none other than…’Bond’…Wesley Bond. What can I say he couldn’t resist, and neither could I.

Wesley’s a computer specialist. Some might call him a ‘hacker’ who specializes in the redistribution of wealth…a modern-day Robin Hood if
Claudia
I think I loved this one even more than the first one. really, this story gets better and better ... and yes, you have to read it in order!

I have to confess, Steele and Breck were a bit annoying inbetween but overall this was a great read.

so please, if you have not read the first book till now: get your hands on that one
Becca
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Time for the second job of this mess Charlie left and it's so good. This time is computer hacker/genius Wesley Bond. This series has been exciting. I'm so looking forward to the next ones. And considering what I think Ridge was up to, yeah, I'm ready to see what's next.
Wesley really isn't a dick. He may be a criminal, but what he steals he gives to people in need. Kind of like a modern day Robin Hood. The only problem is, he's not good with people. Sure behind a screen it's not too bad, but face
ReadingAllNite
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Suspense and humor

AE Wasp is now a solo author for this series and I did enjoy book one a lot. I’m no author but I can’t imagine it’s easy to take over characters and/or traits another writer helped create. I think this sequel furthered the series premise nicely. The growth of Wesley and Danny’s romance was well-paced and I really liked that we got to see them as they connected and Wesley’s defenses began to break down. They generated some decent chemistry. The action plot was much like book one
Kristina
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was (in my opinion) so much better than book one, mainly because I had been waiting to see what happened between Wes and Danny. I fell in love with them as they were introduced, and learning more about their pasts and them getting to know one another was everything I needed to read.

Wesley is everything I had hoped he would be - kind, adorable, and no filter when talking to a certain swimmer.

Danny is so much stronger than I thought in book one and I am glad. He has had such a crap time the l
iam
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: unlimited
This was just as much fun as book1 - what a great sequel!
One misanthropic hacker redistributing wealth could only do so much, but I was more than that now. I was part of a team.
Sometimes even the good guys had to fight a little dirty. Sometimes, to bring the truth to light, you needed to employ a little deception.
Game. On.
This wonderfully played on the strenghts of it's sequel, keeping the humor and overall lightness while still keeping the satisfaction of knowing some truly horrible people
Leslie
Much like the first book in the series, I liked this but didn’t love it.

The good:
-I really do love all these criminals, stuck living together, solving crimes, getting on each other’s last nerve, slowly forming bonds and friendships. This part is top notch and lots of fun. I’ve come to like all these men.
-Danny and Wes were very cute together.

The not as good:
-While Danny and Wes were cute together and it wasn’t as insta love as Steele and Breck from the previous book, things did progress to lo
Susan
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pros and Cons of Deception by A.E. Wasp is the second in their Pros and Cons series. I’m happy to say I was able to read and enjoy Deception without having read the first book. Their characters are so vivid it was easy to keep them straight even without detailed backstories in the second book. The main character, Wesley Bond, is perhaps my favorite character of the five cons and the two twinks rescued in the first book. I also really like Josie and can’t wait to find out her history. The wrong W ...more
Emily Seelye
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Pros & Cons series and just as exciting as the first.

This time our 5 con artists, plus the 2 boys they rescued in the first book are sent to investigate the guest worker program at an all inclusive resort.

Wesley, the genius hacker and Danny, are asked to pose as resort guests that are in a relationship. As they’ve already been eying each other, it wasn’t too much of a hardship.

This book has a bit of everything: age gap fake relationship that becomes real, myster
Lori
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have really enjoy A E Wasp's writing. She has good character development, an interesting plot and is funny to boot. This book was centered around Danny and Wesley. Although Danny is a former rent boy (out of necessity) he is also a sweet summer child, very sweet and trusting. Wes is more jaded but is a really good guy.

The series is exciting and just plain interesting and I am can't wait for the next book!
JoAnn
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ku
I did not like this one as much as the first, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. I loved the banter between all the guys as usually, of course on it was brought up a notch on this one.

I was a little disappointed that this wasn’t Shook’s story... but after reading this one, I would take a guess that it’s getting saved for last.
Cindi
This was an excellent book. I enjoyed it almost as much as I did the first one. Each character is entertaining and unique and they all work well together. There’s mutual respect and what looks to be the start of good friendships. They made me laugh, Wes and Danny got me misty eyed more than once, and I was eager to see the bad guy get his due.

I can’t wait to see whose story is up next. I’m going to throw out a guess that it’s Ridge. He got a bit secretive toward the end, along with another chara
Caz
I've given a C- for Tor Thom's narration (he's on my "nope" list now) and a B- for Alexandre Steele's - and a C for content at AudioGals.

The Pros & Cons of Deception is the second book in the  Pros & Cons  series, and the synopsis for the series – a group of misfits is blackmailed into carrying out a series of missions left to them by a dead man – sounded like a mash-up of LeverageCharlie’s Angels and Ocean’s Eleven and as though it might be fun. Having finished this instalment, I not sure t
Addicted2M/M
Love these guys. So cute together. I unexpectedly found my eyes leaking near the end.

I can't lie, I was so rooting for a one time three-some with Big Daddy. I crave his book. Also love Steele even more after this one. Bring on book 3.
Gabbi Grey
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cons and redemptions (an audio review)

What happens when you gather up a disparate group of men who have all committed crimes, and offer them redemption? Well, some fun times, I have to say. The second book in the Pros and Cons series, Deception, picks up where Vengeance left off. The five men with shady pasts are righting wrongs in the hopes of getting their pasts erased. One job down, four to go.

Picked up from the last job is Danny. He was a prostitute friend of Breck’s, and now that Breck has
Dixiecowgirl
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightfully intriguing, fun banter and steamy connections create a compelling story. I really love this group of guys and Wes and Danny will steal your hearts. Gruff on the outside and gooey on the inside is a great definition of Wes and Danny is just pure wonderful. Their connection sizzles and their hearts will make your warm and your lips smile.

I love these 'missions' that these guys are undertaking to right some wrongs and take down some bad guys. The story-line is tight and the characters
Lene Norway
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Impressive! This is a feel good romance filled with humorous dialogs, steamy moments and five men you will fall in love with instantly. Even though we get tidbits of each of the men's backgroud, this one focus mostly on Danny and Wesley.

The plot is well executed and the storyline makes you root for a beautiful ending all the way through. It is suspensful and steamy as well as sweet and heartfelt.

I can hardly wait for the next book.
Kaila
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was amazing.. so much action. so many things going on.. fast paced.. interesting.. keeps you interested until its over and you are left waiting for the next one. very good characters and plot.. amazingly written as always by this author. very good

Christi Snow
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I LOVE this series...but now I'm dying to know...who's in the background talking to "Big Daddy"
Gustaf Mtz Amador
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series.
Karolina Cebula
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, in-english
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

After completing their first task, a group of blackmailed criminals has another challenge to take up. This time, the one responsible for doing the job is a hacker Wesley Bond. With help of his merry men, Wes has to handle the problem of modern slavery which concerns the foreigners. However, this mission is not the only thing Wesley has to deal with. For it happens that his heart begins to beat faster every time he's near this young an
Cassandra
Charlie's Angels are back! Yay!!

I LOVE this group of men who came together at beginning not trusting each other and itching to leave, to slowly becoming part of a team. More than a team really. They become a family. I adore Danny and Wes - but especially Wes. Gawd - what a geek :D He doesn't socialize well unless it's thru his headphones while gaming and is awkward as hell with Danny. Such a doll.

More JOSIE! And her outfits! And Missions! Lots more missions taking down the Big Bads of the world.
Mrs.V
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I totally and utterly love this series!
The concept is great: five criminals are blackmailed by a dead con to get together to finish his "unfinished jobs", which always seem to mean righting wrongs. Each job will be headed by one of the MCs.

This second book features Wesley, the resident hacker, and Danny, a ex-hooker rescued from an abusive Senator in the previous book.
The sparkles started flying between these two from their very first interaction, and although in the beginning it seems that the
Dieter Moitzi
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
If you’ve read AE Wasp’s first book in the “Pros & Cons” series, you’re already familiar with the main characters: the deceased Charlie Binhgam, late broker of illegally retrieved info, his lawyer, spry Miranda Bosley, and the five mastermind criminals Charlie blackmails from his grave into carrying out his last missions: FBI Special Agent Leo Shook, hacker Wesley Bond, conman Carson Grieves, thief Ridge Pfeiffer, and hit man Castille “Steele” Alvarez. The team can also count on mysterious house ...more
The Quille and Lampe
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
What I Think: At first glance this doesn’t seem to start from where the first left off, but by page 3, I was sure it Leo’s mystery caller in the scene, adding even more mystery to these string of tales in which the Authoress keeps feeding us delicious morsels that leave us wanting more.
This time its Wesley in the hot seat while Danny treats him like hostile territory he can’t decide whether to claim or destroy. I also can’t decide if I want to marry Josie or Miranda. Doesn’t help that embracing
Megan
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
As the next assignment rolls in, it gives the animosity between Danny and Wes a chance to settle, then their mutual attraction gets to simmer, and then their passion reaches a boiling point all while trying to bring down an abusive employment scheme. While the romantic aspect was a little less powerful in this story than in P&C of Vengeance, it was still an enjoyably subtle combustion. Their romantic focus was more on seeing their true worth and value individually and not making decisions for th ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • Final Lover (Exit Strategy #3)
  • Vengeful Lover (Exit Strategy #2)
  • LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar, #2)
  • Killer Bond (Ward Security #5)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • King Slayer (Fog City, #2)
  • Deadly Lover (Exit Strategy #1)
  • Noble Hops (Trouble Brewing, #3)
  • Fracture (Unbreakable Bonds #6)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • Diamond in the Rough (Four Kings Security, #4)
  • The Note (Love in O'Leary #2.5)
After time spent raising children, earning several college degrees, and traveling the world with the U.S. State Department, she is returning to her first love - writing.

A dreamer and an idealist, Amy writes about people finding connection in a world that can seem lonely and magic in a world than can seem all too mundane. She invites readers into her characters’ lives and worlds when they are their

Pros & Cons (4 books)
  • Pros & Cons of Vengeance (Pros & Cons #1)
  • Pros & Cons of Desire (Pros & Cons, #3)
  • Pros & Cons of Betrayal (Pros & Cons, #4)

News & Interviews