Start by marking “My Kind Of Perfect” as Want to Read:
My Kind Of Perfect

My Kind Of Perfect

I, Adele Roberts, am a romance author, and it’s the most remarkable career in the world, until I lose myself in the depths of my characters’ love lives and realise theirs are way better than my own.

Determined to find out if ‘Mr Perfect‘ exists, I do the one thing I never thought I would: I sign up for online dating.

Yes, that’s right.

I can only imagine it’s a disaster waiti
Published March 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about My Kind Of Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Kind Of Perfect

Paula
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

To all the single ladies out there, this is a must read for you! And to all of us old married folks, be thankful you don’t have to go through all the “singles” crap again because this reader had some flashbacks moments of nightmare dates in past before I met my own Hero!

This is a story about Adele. She is a romance writer (the author had to stretch there! Lol) and wants to find her own “Book Hero”. She also has 2 besties who have signed her up on a dating site so that she ca
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
What grown ass woman who had sex before is asking if hero’s dick will fit inside her.?
Any woman with brain cells will never ask that.
I really hate women who are desperate for any man.
This woman was so pathetic that she doesn’t remember when is that last time she had an orgasm that wasn’t with her hand. no wonder she’s asking the hero if his dick is going to fit. 18 months of celibacy and she already forgot what a dick is. I mean it’s not like she wasn’t with her first love for 4 years.
She wen
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description This one was OK. I liked Adele a lot, and it had laugh out loud moments. However, I couldn't stand her two friends. They were annoying, pushy, and their characters felt forced. Especially Bex who plays the female version of the BFF manwhore. Drew also didn't wow me. He was sweet, and not a manwhore (bonus points for that), but I prefer my heroes to be more alpha. It left me wondering if the heroine hadn't made the first move if he would have ever grown a pair and went after her himself? Last we ...more
D.M.
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, flirty and a little Dirty. High five for the witty banter!

Adele Roberts is a romance author, but unfortunately unlucky with her own love life. She is ready to rejoin the dating world but her eyes are firmly on one man. Drew Adams is a successful business owner and Adele is one of his regular customers. She writes and drinks his coffee. He knows her routine and finds her mesmerising. When he finds out she is dating he feels a spike of jealousy. When he sees the men that turn up to meet her h
D.M.
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun, flirty and a little Dirty. High five for the witty banter!

✴ Cindy ✴
This author gave us a heroine in her mid twenties that behaved like a sixteen year old girl at a slumber party. I was embarrassed for her. I suppose she was striving for endearing, but it came off as cringey.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This was a funny and swoon worthy story. Adele is a romance author but she has no romance in her life. So she does the one thing she thought she would never do and that is join an online dating sight. Yes she went there and is now regretting it because she thinks she will not find the right guy like her romances but instead find a loser like she has been attracting.

Then she gets a match online. Drew lord have mercy is he a gorgeous guy who is sweet, caring, and a total gentleman but is that real
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Kind Of Perfect is a lighthearted and heartwarming romance read and I was highly entertained from the first page.

The wit and the banter between the characters and the interactions between them made for an satisfying and fabulous read. The chemistry between Adele and Drew was off the charts hot and I just loved their story. The ending was simply gorgeous!

Overall, I very enjoyed both the storyline and the style of writing and can’t wait to see what this author comes up with next.
Xerxia
May 22, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
This got such good reviews that I feel terrible about DNFing it, but at 25% of the way in, I'm so bored I just can't bear another word. There's nothing particularly wrong about the story or the writing. I just hate the heroine's voice. This is probably a case of 'me, not you'.
Angelina
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Drew and Adele's story is the first book I've read by this talented author. This 5 star read is addictive and has you laughing out loud. I loved Adele's friendship with her two best friends, and they give some great one liners that you want the chance to maybe use yourself one day lol. The passion between Drew and Adele is hot and I found myself re-reading some of the scenes as I wanted to savour them all over again. Having had my heart broken and spending quite a while single, I found myself ab ...more
Lynn  Lexie-shea
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adele's looking for that perfect man and her friends are all too ready to assist. Rule #1: never let your friends assist you on an online dating service!!
Drew, owner of the bar/coffee shop where all her dates take place is privy to watching the train wreck happen right before his very eyes. Problem is, he wants to be her choice.
I'll start by saying this is the first I've read by this author, but it won't be the last! Cute, light-hearted, funny story. The characters were fun and lovable. Overall
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Kind of Perfect is one of those stories that I never saw coming to be honest. I mean, I read the description and thought, yeah, this sounds like an interesting read, but OMG! I laughed so hard throughout, that now my stomach & sides hurt, so I am going to warn everyone to maybe not be reading with any liquid in you mouth, or you could end up with said liquid everywhere. Every interaction was witty, and entertaining, not to mention that not only was it romantic, but more than that, the fri ...more
Amanda Lee
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fantastic romcom. I was hooked from the first page and couldn't put it down. It's well written and flawlessly switches between having me cracking up laughing and burning up from the steam. I adore the friendship between Adele and her friends, they all have unique personalities and work together so well. They're exactly the kinds of friends you want.

Adele is so relatable and real. I loved watching her adventures in online dating, it had me laughing out loud. Then we have Drew Adams. He is
Spunky N Sassy
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Adele Roberts is a sexy, smart and brilliant romance author or at least that is who I saw her as. I am Drew Adams, the owner of the Two Bar. A coffee/cocktail bar and Adele has been coming into my bar for months. Adele's friends want her to step away from her book boyfriends and find a real one. So my well meaning friends sign me up for online dating and the fun ensues. I loved how down to earth Adele's character was, she wrote abo
Sandra Loves Reading
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this story. It's the first by KL Jessop that I've read and I now want to work my way through all the books this author has written.
It's a rom-com.
Adele's besties set up an on-line dating profile for her...OMG...that's where the chaos starts.
Drew has the coffeeshop/bar where Adele sits to write. And where she arranges to meet her dates...
Adele thinks Drew is hot. He thinks she's gorgeous. But neither have a clue of how the other feels.
This story is hilarious, it's hot and it's
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing

My kind of perfect is definitely my kind of perfect book. I absolutely adored all the characters not just Adele and Drew but Adele friends absolutely made this story also. I laughed so hard but enjoyed the story and journey they went through also. A definite must read in my book!
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
This story was definitely a comical romantic read and I was entertained from the first page! The witty banter between characters and how it was different based on the interactions between them really provided for an enjoyable read. I also really enjoyed the underlying theme of friendship as well, as Adele’s best friends had her back whether it was something they supported and initiated or not. I also was a huge fan of Drew because who doesn’t like a super hot guy with his life together?! Overall ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
My Kind Of Perfect will have you dying of laughter then reaching for a fan over and over again. This book gave be the best kind of whiplash as K.L. Jessop seamlessly bounced back and forth between pure comedy and enough heat to catch everything around you on fire with Drew and Adele’s story. Thanks to all the humor and the fact Drew is #bookboyfriendgoals this book will keep you smiling the entire time you’re reading.
Adele is the kind of girl I think everyone would call best friend material. Th
Lissanne Jones
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this charming, amusing story. Adele Roberts is a successful romance author who's getting over being dumped by her cheating ex. Keen to get her back in the saddle, her two best friends sign her up to an online dating service, with predictable disastrous results.

Adele spends most of her days writing in a coffee/cocktail bar owned by Drew Adams. Adele thinks Drew is ridiculously attractive, but he doesn't look twice at her... or so she thinks. Little does she know that Drew thinks she's th
Cee Cee Houston
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Kind Of Perfect by K.L. Jessop is a funny, light-hearted swoony story about a romance author and a sexy, successful businessman.
Adele would love to live the life her characters have, she may write about romance but it’s the one thing she is lacking in her own world. After much deliberation, she does what she once swore she’d never do: join a dating agency. Regret sinks in the moment she presses enter to submit her details as she fears it will all be a waste of time.
But, fate has plans for he
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

My Kind of Perfect is a funny little romp of a book. It tells the adventures of a romance writer Adele who hasn’t had the best of luck in the love department. Her friends decide to set her up with an online dating profile and hilarity ensues from an accountant to a guy who brings her balloons on a first date like some children’s party clown. She only has eyes for Drew the guy who runs her favorite bar. Drew has always had his eye on Adele and thinks it’s funny all these lame dates
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Drew and Adele’s story is a wonderful comedy romance, which is entertaining, humorous, and a steamy read. I loved the witty banter and friendship between all of the characters. I was totally intrigued and captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I look forward to reading more from this talented author, whose work I recommend for all.
Jade Pitman
I loved this book so much! I was hooked from the first page and I couldn’t put it down.

It was heartwarming and funny.

I loved drew & Adele soo much.
Andrea Morgan
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fab little read it's the first book I've read by this author and I loved it .

This book is perfect if your looking for a nice easy read that makes you smile and oh god the one liners and things that come out of adeles mouth will have you crying with laughter I loved that girl .
All in all its a well written story of finding love with the one person you thought was way out of your league, hilarious main and secondary characters deffinatly worth reading.
Nina
Apr 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF/WTF
Steph
This was a nice quick read. It was very funny and very steamy.
Louise Roach
I love this story!!! I absolutely LOVED the characters in Drew and Adele and the journey they take to finally get what they both want.

Adele is a Romance Author who spends most of her time creating the perfect book boyfriends in her own world of creativity and writing, yet when it comes to 'real-life' romance, she's not had so much luck.

Spending her days writing at The Two Bar, Drew Adams has caught her eye. He's super hot, owning and running the bar. He's charming and sexy....But he's unlikely
Donna Matthewman
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, it had an easy flow to it and was a lighthearted, feel good book with lots of humour included.
Danielle
Cute book!! I loved the conversations and texts between Adele and her girlfriends. Every girl needs friends like them!!
KLJ lives in South West England just on the edge of Dartmoor where the moorland goes on for days. It's beautiful, breath-taking and occasionally rather wet. She probably swears way more than she should, her mum makes the best cupcakes in history, and she goes weak at the knees for a man with a five o'clock shadow.