Start by marking “Securing Brenae (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Securing Brenae (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #1.5)

Securing Brenae

(SEAL of Protection: Legacy #1.5)

This ebook version contains a brand new extended epilogue not available in the audio podcast edition!

Rear Admiral Dag Creasy has enjoyed a long, successful naval career. It’s not all been smooth sailing, but his beautiful and generous wife, Brenae, has been at his side for nearly three decades, helping him weather every storm. He loves her more than words can express, th
Published April 23rd 2019 (first published January 28th 2019)

Start your review of Securing Brenae (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #1.5)
♡Tonya♡
3.5 -It’s been a long time

It’s been quite a while since I’ve read a Susan Stoker book. She was once an auto buy author for me. This book reminds me of my adoration of some of her books. Alpha Seal with a strong yet not overly alpha heroine. Being a former military wife, I know you have to a strength that is sometimes hard to pull.
*This story is noted as a standalone but there is a lot of reference to an incident that happened prior to this story.

-no cheating
-couple has been married for 30 yea
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I loved getting the story of an established relationship. They were in their late 40’s, early 50’s. This was still a very sexy couple and you really felt the love they had for each other. Great book!
Susan Stoker
Mar 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

LIVE!

If you listened to the audio on the Read Me Romance podcast, get ready for two BONUS chapters in the ebook!

You'll get a glimpse into how Brenae and Dag meet when they're in college in an additional prologue, AND you'll see the couple finally move into their new house in a bonus epilogue!

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2RGYZRb
Amazon AU: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07N1X2WFL

Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07N1X2WFL
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N1X2WFL
Kobo: https://www.kobo.
Michelle
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eek!! Loved it!!

Give me a devoted married older couple who still love each other whole heartedly and show it and still wanna rip each other's clothes off! Yes, please!

With Brenae's strength and tender heart and Dag's protective streak and adoration, these two provided a great little escape.

This is one of my favorite RMR audio books. Hopefully we'll see more romantic suspense type stories in the future!
Gi's Spot Reviews
I absolutely loved the older couple trope and their dynamic!

******

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I listened to the professionally narrated audiobook on the Read Me Romance Podcast for FREE!
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
The writing was really good. Unfortunately being drop well beyond the middle of this couple’s story, i found it hard to connect. And I do believe that’s just me and not the story. Because I couldn’t connect, the very plausible story was eye rolling for me. Still, I don’t hold it against the author and would encourage others to listen. The narrator was good. I would read future books from this author.
Tracy  C
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved that this was an older couple. It was so real while still being an escape. Great HEA!
Carvanz
This is a mature couple novella about a man and wife and the life that has led them to where they are now. It’s a sweet story but in Susan Stoker style, there is some action and drama. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this short story had a full feel to it.

Listened via Read Me Romance Podcast
Dual POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers violence by stranger who was obviously on drugs
Anne Donaldson
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this after listening to its podcast, and I have to say it's worth getting the book itself. Brenae and Dag are older characters, and, for a slightly older reader, it's such a pleasure to read their story, their connection, and the heat they're still generating. It's also good to get a look at the commanders of the teams we always read about; it's almost a behind-the-scenes insight into how they deal with the issues. We actually met Dag in Caite's story, and we meet up with Caite again here ...more
Rochelle
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rmr
Elisa
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, short page-turner
Dag and Brenae are certainly proof that love can last a lifetime.

30 years of marriage and they still can't keep their hands off each other, it's so sweet and just fills the body with hope... For a couple to endure so much and still feel this much for each other, Securing Brenae was extremely well written and awesomely captivating.
Jara Beaubien
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Am not the best at words, but this is one story that touched my heart. Not only are they close to my age (hihi) but what Dag and Brenae have is what every girl wants, not a perfect man but the best man for her, one who will love her and protect her. That was my dream, and even though I did not find my Alpha, I can still dream thanks to Susan Stoker.
It was so nice to see some ends tied up with characters from another story and see how both men rescue the women they love.
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Read Me Romance authors doing it again and in a very different, mature way this week!! Susan Stoker is a go to author for military romantic suspense and she really hit this short story out of the park. Dag and Brenae are a mature couple that have been together for twenty plus years. Dag is a high ranking officer and Brenae has been his rock through all the ups and downs. An incident occurs in the apartment complex that they are living in while their forever home is finished
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Audio read via Read Me Romance

For fans of Susan Stoker, who have read her other books, I think you all will love this. Super protective H and sweet but strong h. Older couple who are still extremely in love with each other but are coming into a phase of settling.

I found it a little on the boring side BUT a large part of that was because of the narrator. To me she had a very soft spoken voice and spoke in somewhat of a whisper which resulted in me not really feeling any emotion. There wasn’t any
L. McCoy
SUPER FAST REVIEW:
So my thoughts on this book as I listened to it were weird. At first I didn’t like it but then when shit started getting intense in the story I liked it and by the end I felt a little more meh.
Is this a shitty review? Probably but these are my thoughts on the book so... yeah.

3/5
description
Angela Rush
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great novella!

Susan has written a great love story. As someone that is older I found it refreshing to read a romance about people my own age. My husband and I will soon be married 30 years as well. If you are looking for a great romance series that has interesting story lines pick up any of Susan’s series today. You won’t be disappointed.
Kate
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-me-romance
🎧 Read Me Romance 🎧

This is my second Susan Stoker romantic suspense & I freaking loved every single thing about it.
A strong, smart heroine who was equally soft and feminine and a masculine alpha hero (figuratively & literally) who was not afraid to show his woman his vulnerable side. Together they were not just a couple, they were partners, the yin to the others yang, both contributing to their relationship & appreciative AF of the other.
Also, a big ole palms up hallelujah for the fact this roma
mindful.librarian ☀️
Listened on Read Me Romance! Loved that the couple was older :-) I'm not normally a romantic suspense reader, but I was entertained by this one.
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
I love that Securing Brenae features a mature-aged couple with an already established relationship, something I haven't read, or thought to read, before. And while the writing is fantastic, I couldn't connect with this couple's relationship—it isn't the long history—as they repeated similar sweet sentiments often and the drama that unfolded happened over halfway through.

I listened to this for free via Read Me Romance *

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram
Sondrea
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Securing Brenae starts off thirty-one years prior and shows how Rear Admiral Dag Creasy and his wife Brenae first met and what they were like much younger. I'm not big on flashbacks, but in this case it allows the reader to get to know them by seeing what they were like then and who they've become. Then it switches to the present and picks up right where Securing Caite left off, showing the aftermath of events there from Dag and Brenae's perspective.

Securing Brenae is a short, fast read with a n
Lisa Gibbs
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rear Admiral Dag Creasy meets the love of his life when he was at the naval academy and Brenae was a waitress in a diner near the academy. He stands up for her as she is being bullied and the rest is a history filled with two children and almost 30 years of marriage. Their love is strong and has weathered many storms as their marriage hasn't been all smooth sailing, whose ever is?

It's not often that we get to see the men who command these SEAL teams and the women who stand behind them. This was
Carrie
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a GREAT short peek into the world of the SEAL of Protection: Legacy series! We get to know Dag & Brenae, and see a bit of Rocco & Caite. It's quick, STEAMY, and romantic. I loved seeing an already established couple, a little vignette into their life, and it's Susan Stoker, so of course there's some sort of something happening, as well. I thought it all fit wonderfully into this novella-sized package!! Oh, AND! On top of all THAT, we also get a glimpse at chapter 1 of Securing Sidney, wh ...more
Antonella
* Read me romance podcast

Too short to care, but I'm glad it was more mature characters
Patty
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Susan Stoker's Securing Brenae is the perfect listen for my walk today! What a treat! This novella is refreshingly original, featuring Dag and Brenae. These two have been married for over 30 years and the embers still burn bright between them. I loved that their age bracket, so close to mine making the listen so easily relatable. Full of passion and suspense, we get to see just how far they would each go to secure their safety and love. Savannah Peachwood gives a magnificent performance, using m ...more
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Listened to audiobook through Read Me Romance!

I've read quite a few Susan Stoker books and enjoyed them, so I was excited to listen to this audiobook! After listening to it, I can say that I loved it! I wish that I had read the first book in the series before listening to it, but you can listen to it without reading the first book! I loved the suspense aspect to the plot and the romance was very beautiful! It was easy to see how much Dag and Brenae loved each other and they made quite a couple!
Carissa
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one was hot and sweet!

Read Me Romance FREE Audiobooks ➝ https://bit.ly/2PzD65g

Website ➝ www.readmeromance.com
Denise H
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military-romance
Securing Brenae is one of the sweetest novellas I have read in a long time. It shows a glimpse into the lives of Rear Admiral Dag Creasy and his wife, Brenae, after thirty years of marriage. Stoker does a wonderful job of creating a realistic atmosphere for the storyline and relatable characters to enjoy.

The good stuff:
- You get a snippet of how Dag and Brenae first met
- You can feel the faith, love and devotion these two have for each other
- You get to enjoy more of Rocco and Caite (from Secu
Samm Lynn
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fair warning this is a short ebook version (with a couple of extra chapters) of the podcast version (Read Me Romance). I have never done an audio book but tried the podcast, as it was giving a reading of an unpublished book by one of my favorite authors aaaaaaannnnnnnd I hated it. So I waited patiently for this ebook version.

I knew it was going to be short and that it would be lacking the details of the authors full length books. But it didn't matter. This book gives the first meeting of Dag and
Gretchen
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whew! Holy hot, Batman. Thank you, Susan Stoker for writing this older couple, who are still in love, care deeply for one another and still find one another so desirable.

Oh, back to our regularly scheduled review... It was a well written book - as always. It was great to see the commander’s side of life and the newest group of SEALs Ms. Stoker has brought us. The story of the Commander and Brenae meeting was great. You could relate to the characters easily and were glad their HEA continues afte
Bianca Santoyo
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Securing Brenae: SEAL of Protrction Legacy

I have purchased or pre ordered all of Ms. Stoker's work since I read "Protecting Caroline ". Her sense of humor mixed in with the Honor and love of what is right that her characters have along with the story line have continously kept me an avid fan

As with Securing Brenae, they are an older couple, having come up through the SEALs ranks, through ups and downs but coming out strong with the love, support and courage of what they believe in after 30 yea
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Bounced into Love (Bachelorette Party, #4.5)
  • Between Us and Forever
  • Snowfall  (Baum Squad # 0.5)
  • Breath of Fire
  • Because of You
  • Halfway Girl (Girl, #2.5)
  • Swipe
  • Bombshell
  • Rolling the Dice (All In Duet, #0.5)
  • Roping the Cowboy (Circle B Ranch, #0.5)
  • Their Second Chance (The Thalanian Dynasty, #3.5)
  • An Instant Connection (Insta-Spark Collection, #3)
  • Rated Ex
  • One Last Chance (King Family, #4.5)
  • Look But Don't Touch (Touch, #1)
  • The Objection
  • Mated to the Reaper
  • Adrian (Love Under the Lights, #3)

New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Tennessee where she lives, but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, Indiana, and Tennessee. She's married to a retired Army man who now gets t

SEAL of Protection: Legacy (6 books)
  • Securing Caite (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #1)
  • Securing Sidney (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #2)
  • Securing Piper (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #3)
  • Securing Zoey (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #4)
  • Securing Avery (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #5)
  • Securing Kalee (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #6)