Start by marking “Kennard's Story (Cronin’s Key, #4)” as Want to Read:
Kennard's Story (Cronin’s Key, #4)

Kennard's Story

(Cronin's Key #4)

Kennard and Stas have been enjoying being newly bonded mates, hidden away for the last six months in Stas’ cabin, deep in the forests of Northern Russia. When they get a visit from Alec, Cronin, Eiji, and Jodis, Kennard and Stas decide to return to London where they get news of a supernatural disturbance in India.

Excited for a new adventure, the band of friends embark on a
1st edition
Published January 28th 2019 (first published January 26th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Kennard's Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kennard's Story

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I think the title is slightly misleading. While, yes, the story is told from Kennard's third-person perspective, this isn't as much Kennard's story as it is another adventure with Alec, Cronin, Eiji, and Jodis.

Kennard and Stas spend a few months getting to know each other in the most carnal way possible. The first couple chapters show them together and how close they've grown. I loved this and wanted more. Alas, that was not to be!

Alec and Co. show up and recruit Kennard and Stas to help them
~Volha~
This was a nice short novella, and I liked it. Consistent with the theme of all Cronin's Key books this has all the adventure you can stand with a side heaping of humor and adorable vampires. I loved how Ms Walker spun Kennard and Stas' stories. It was a very curious take on history. Overall, light and funny story full of myths and folklore. I recommend it!
Deborah
3.5*

Another enjoyable read.
I love Kennard and I’m so happy he’s finally found his mate Stas. The beginning of this book was fabulous. Kennard and Stas enjoying some alone time.
Now personally I would have liked more of this. More time with just these two. But another adventure calls and so along with Alec and Cronin, Elji and Jadis they set off.

I’m loving this series and these characters. Now these books are not without their faults hence the rating but they are a good read.
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
4 stars.

I recently found out that Kennard was getting his own book and I was super excited to get in my hands. I mean hell, I loved the first 3 books.

While this was fast paced with lots of action - which I enjoyed - I wish we got more of Kennard and Stas. It honestly didn't feel like their story half the time. But I'm glad we got to see more of the rest of the crew from the previous books.

It was short and sweet with lots of LOL moments. I've always been a fan of NR Walker and I always will be.
Lelyana
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was curious about Kennard since the first time I met him in Cronin's story. And Walker didn't disappoint me by giving him his own story. And what a story this is! Then enter Stas, a gentle giant vampire from Russia, and no vampire more adorable and sweet as he is! I'm falling in love with Stas. And the way he wanted and and clinged to Kennard...oh my, made me wanted my very own Stas :)
Then we are of course meet Alec, Cronin, Jodis and Eiji.
Speaking of Eiji, poor baby had to deal with all his f
Daesy
I actually forgot who Kennard and Stas are....

I know shame on me.... -_-'
Bo
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

Tbh, I was beyond excited when I saw this today. It was unexpected, but I was somewhat disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high. I loved the other books in this series, and I loved Kennard in all the other books. The relationship progression was non existent in this book. I wish we could've seen Stas and Kennard before they disappeared into the woods. It was more adventure than relationship, and left me wanting more. However, N.R. is still one of my faves!
Achim
It's as Dani(ela) wrote in her review: a nice continuation of the series. A nice revisiting of the Scooby-Doo gang (Kennard's words and quite accurate this time) on their kind of paper chase through myth and history. I easily could picture it as a nice online game and that way I don't even have to complain about the antagonist in the boss fight at the last level. This time that fits completely.

Only complain because I might be a bit too sensitive in that regard: guys, if you're a vampire with the
Zuzu
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
Funzee Shu
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** 4.5/5 Stars ***

If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that history is never what it seems....

I’ve been waiting for Kennard story since forever and when it finally release, can you imagine how excited I am?

This book is so intense, the story is not only about Kennard and Stas and their newly-mate-energizer-bunny-activities (well, I must admit the first few chapter kinda ‘intimidating’ me in fun way of course!), BUT it also came with whole full package of the interesting adventures and jo
Chris
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, lgbtq, paranormal
I enjoyed the next part in this story and it was great to have the gang back together. I probably wouldn’t have labeled it as Kennards story, even though there was time with him & Stas, this really involved all 6 characters with as much focus on Cronin & Alex. Regardless, it was an interesting look and perspective on many of the myths & legends from the past - a great effort in research happened here !
I~❤️~Books
✮4 Stars✮
~Shaz~
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another incredible book by NR Walker. The fourth book in the Cronin’s Key series. This is Kennard’s story, the story of him and his mate Stas. Don’t worry all the usual Scooby Gang are all there fighting to save the world.

I think NR Walker has a bit of a fascination with snakes in this one!

Well written. The depth of characters is incredible, as usual.

I received this ARC for a truthful and unbiased review.

Eleeze
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll miss this gang!

Is been such a ride to reread to whole series, and then finally read Kennard's HEA. *happy sigh*
I wished we had more of the getting to know each other and first times, but the adventure in every book surpasses the previous, how is that even possible?
NR Walker always makes me believe in the most fantastic of all mythologies and tales of old, mixed with some pop culture, is quite a gift.-
Teeny
3.5 stars rounding up because Stas and Kennard.

I loved the first chapters because it was all about Stas and Kennard but once the "adventure" began it lost some steam.

I wanted more from S&K, I wanted them to go play Sherlock & Holmes and get the others when shit hit the fan. I wanted their story to have more page time that it did.

As far as action goes, for all the running around it was pretty anticlimactic and tame.

Still a very enjoyable novella and I loved reading Kennard's past ;).
Gini
OMGosh!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love this author! This story is no different. It had me entranced from the time I picked up my kindle until I finished the story. Kennard is so fun and I am tickled pink that he found his mate!! I just hope down the road that we get a glimpse of their future.
Bookreader87(Amanda)
The gangs back together

This book is through Kennard's POV and takes place after his mating with Stas. They are spending their time in a secluded cabin when Alec and the gang come to them.
Some activity is going on in an ancient tomb and Alec wants to solve the mystery. This leads them on another epic/crazy/dangerous adventure.
~Shaz~
Wow. Just wow.

I think NR Walker has a bit of a fascination with snakes in this one!

Well written. The depth of characters is incredible, as usual.
John Altman
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed Cronin's Key, the first book, and have enjoyed reading the evolution through now four books. I know it has been said that book 4 didn't spend enough time with Kennard and Stas but in reality this book did considering both Kennard and Stas played important roles in book 3. This book just completed their story. For me, Cronin's Key is about Alec and Cronin, so it was fitting they both play pivotal roles. I argue the author N.R. Walker could continue the adventures of Alec and ...more
Marchia
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One thing I would say from the start is that you do need to read the other books in the series or you will not know why Alec is the Key, why he has these powers and how Kennard met Stas.
It was really great to be back in the land of vampires with Cronin, Alec, Stas, Kennard, Eliji and Jodis.
The book is full of comedy moments, lots of Harry Potter references and one of my favourite exclamation points in history "God's Hook!"
The story starts of like the other stories in this series with Cronin, A
Amanda
Kennard’s Story is a fast-paced paranormal adventure, and I highly recommend it to fans of the rest of the Cronin’s Key series.

I really enjoyed the playfulness in this book among the whole close-knit group of friends. It brought a feeling of camaraderie and chosen family. I personally love the stories they share among the group – shared histories and inside jokes. I could read a book full of just those!

It was a refreshing change to see these characters and their story through Kennard’s eyes. I f
Alisha Clayton
Absolutely Wonderful

Thank you so very much for sharing this. As always you have hit it out of the park. I love love love Cronin and Alex but have been waiting since book 3 for Kennard to get is happiness. I loved every single minute of this book. Thank you!! I can't wait for your next master piece. And as always I pray there is more Cronin and Alec or Charlie and Travis. You have this amazing way of bringing your guys to life. I swear one day I'll get to meet these wonderful men 😍😉. Until then I
Shannon

I was so happy when Ms. Walker announced she was writing Kennard's story- I love this group of characters and would happily continue reading about their adventures for as long as she'd be willing to write them. Hopefully she'll throw us a bone of a bonus scene or 2 every so often!

Stas is sooo precious, I'm so glad he and Kennard found each other. There were some really great scenes in this book that just hit me in the feels, when it came to Kennard.
And there were plenty of fun, laugh out loud m
Diane
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank God for another Cronin's Key!

The fascinating twist of history makes the Cronin's Key books absolutely fascinating read. I cried when the 3rd one ended never expecting a 4th. Walker takes paranormal to a whole other level with these stories of how vampires came to be and how they intertwine with ancient civilizations. I wish Alex, Cronin and company could become a series of battling evil paranormal monsters. Surely there are other monsters to fight; shape shifters, demons, big foot, yetis,
Jacey Jeffrey
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to read this book. I have been patiently waiting for Kennard and Stas's story and it was so worth the wait!!!! It was such a great story full of action, love, suspense, mystery, love, hot steamy times that I promise will melt your Kindle!! I was hooked from the very first page and hated to see it end. I didn't realize how much I had missed all of the characters until I read this book....it was nice to catch up with everyone and to see where they are in their own lives! This a bo ...more
Pat Nelson
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been waiting for Kennard's story for quite a while, and HOLY FLIPPING DEITY!! was it totally worth it! N.R. Walker has written a fantastic, powerful, fast paced, action packed, sexy, engrossing, and addictive tale filled with mystery, humor, more twists and turns than a roller coaster, and a totally unexpected, unconventional, and unique perspective of ancient history and legends. I was hooked from beginning to end, and would recommend one clicking the entire intriguing series.
Stephanie
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG yes we finally get Kennard and Stas's story!! This is one of my first series by N.R. Walker and it is still one of my favorite series. And this book doesn't disappoint. The amount of research that goes into this book is just amazing and add in the action that goes on just perfection. Then we have Kennaed and Stas and how so cute they are together. I couldn't put this book down and I am just so damn happy right now!
Nick Sweet
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to see this book come out I squealed in the middle of work. I am a HUGE fan of the Cronin's Key series and was dying for a story that explored Kennard and Stas a bit further. Needless to say this was well worth the wait. While shorter than the other three books, it is no less action packed and full of the fantasy and action I really enjoy in these books. Even if this is the last one in the series, I am glad that we got a little more insight into the world of Kennard.
kathleen
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great addition to the Cronin's Keys world! I was intrigued by Kennard from the start and love seeing him getting his own HEA with Stas.

That being said, nothing comes easy in this world! The Scooby Gang is reunited to once again save the world. We are taken on quite the adventure with this amazing group of friends.

While action packed the romance is not lost. Every time Stas says My Kennard I melted. Great story that I will revisit often.
Angie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vampire Adventure MM Romance

3 stars!

This is the 4th book in the Cronin's Key series. This one is told from Kennard's point of view which is different from books 1-3.

I liked that the adventure was just as historical interesting as all the other Cronin books. I also liked the new perspective. What I didn't love was that it felt pretty slow in the build up to the action.

Overall, it is a solid adventure story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Drinker of Blood (SPECTR Series 2, #3)
  • Be Fairy Game (Starfig Investigations, #2)
  • Charmed and Dangerous
  • The Viper's Heart (Balance #1)
  • The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)
  • Why We Fight (At First Sight #4)
  • Canines, Crosshairs And Corpses (Brandywine Investigations, #1)
  • The Heart of Frost (North Pole City Tales, #2)
  • Winter Winds
  • Storm Season (Olympic Cove, #1)
  • The Dead (The Thaumaturge #1)
  • End Street Vol. 2 (End Street Detective Agency #3-4)
  • Omega Reclaimed (Omega Re, #1)
  • And the Two Shall Become One (Legends of the Romanorum, #2)
  • Shadow Bound
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa

Cronin's Key (4 books)
  • Cronin's Key (Cronin's Key, #1)
  • Cronin's Key II (Cronin's Key, #2)
  • Cronin's Key III (Cronin's Key, #3)
“So, the Scooby-Doo Gang is back together,” Kennard said.” 1 likes