Start by marking “The Dark Ones (The Dark Ones Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Ones (The Dark Ones Saga #1)

The Dark Ones

(The Dark Ones Saga #1)

To touch a Dark One is death.
To talk to an immortal is suicide.
Yet, I've been marked by both.
A Vampire.
And the King of the immortals.
My life is no longer my own.
And now I know the truth, my life was never mine to begin with.
It was theirs.
It's always been theirs.
Published September 19th 2015 by Van Dyken Inc.

Start your review of The Dark Ones (The Dark Ones Saga #1)
Jacqueline's Reads
Four words to describe this book ....

I FUCKING LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!

6 Truly the Best Paranormal Book Ever Stars

I love Rachel Van Dyken, one of my goals is to read ALL of her books. So when I heard her latest book was going to be a Paranormal one, I was ALL over that. I love me my paranormal books. If you are on the fence about this genre, then let me explain my love for it.

I love paranormal reads because it’s like taken to another world, where everything is magnified by ten.
Liz
"Survive. And when the flames threaten to take you higher and higher, give in. When the heat scorches you from the inside out, when tears no longer come, when the need is all you can contemplate...you survive."
description

The Dark Ones is the first book in The Dark One's Saga. With a blend of vampires, werewolves, dark angels, sirens, and more, Rachel Van Dyken offers a magical paranormal world that you will want to experience.

description
"Now do your job, Ethan. Go to her."
Genesis, the heroine, is a human who has spent her life serving the immortals. She understands her place in the world and when her number is called to work for the immortals she is surprised to find out the job she has been called for isn't exactly what she thought it would be. She has been called to mate with a Vampire King. Ethan is a vampire who has suffered great loss in his life. Although he knows it is his duty to mate, he fears he will never be able to love again. As Ethan and Genesis are put together, their relationship blossoms into a lasting bond that no darkness can pull apart.
"Loving again will take everything I have left."
Told in dual POV, The Dark Ones is an NA Paranormal Romance full of action and suspense. The writing style is free-flowing with magical characters living in a fantastical world. The passion between the main characters was tender and the emotional development that takes place between them is explored thoroughly as the plot unfolds. The supporting characters play a pivotal role in the series as they enhance the plot significantly with their magical powers and contribution to this world.

description

Overall, I highly recommend The Dark Ones to my Paranormal Romance reading friends. Rachel Van Dyken has an addictive writing style that flows naturally from one moment to the next. I am 100% invested in discovering each and every facet of this world! Cassius' story Untouchable Darkness is next and he is already loaded on my Kindle!!!!

***The Dark One's Saga***
The Dark Ones (The Dark Ones Saga, #1) by Rachel Van DykenUntouchable Darkness (The Dark Ones Saga, #2) by Rachel Van DykenDark Surrender (The Dark Ones Saga, #3) by Rachel Van Dyken

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:
Sabrina
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Why has no one forced me to read this before?!? I honestly don't know why it took me so long to pick this up since I'm such a huge fan of RVD's but clearly I'm just crazy. This book had me gripping my Kindle and holding my breath until I could get all my answers, and I loved every second of it.

The story thrusts us right into the world of Paranormal beings and leaves readers grasping for clues a
Stacey is Sassy
description

The big, bad toughies are scared of…LOVE.

Well, now I get it. Rachel Van Dyken has been on my radar for a little while. I knew she wrote romance but I heard that she only wrote clean romance. There is nothing wrong with clean romance, but I like a bit of sizzle in my reads. When I mentioned to a few friends that I heard she was clean, the responses ranged from – LOL, Hmm…maybe there might be one or two that were clean, and lastly…her books have enough connection between the characters that you don’t need to see th
Jilly
This was surprisingly enjoyable. I really didn't expect much, so it was like that gift that is wrapped in a trash bag at Christmas and you're thinking you're getting a 6-pack and a lottery ticket, only to open it and find a great pair of earrings and matching necklace.

I see a diamond in Evan's near-future!

The world here is pretty fun. There are immortals who live in the world alongside humans. The ones we
Amanda
This is shaping up to be a great PNR series for me. Even though The world building is not that strong because I'm the kind of reader who prefer the author to paint the whole world clearly to me without feeling too much like info dumping. But once this story hit 30%, things really took off. I enjoyed the secret revelation and twist to the story.

Genesis is a human who was summoned by The Dark One, Cassius. All her life, she had been taught to be humble and ready to serve the immortals. But when she finally immerse intstory.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

www.GlitterTextOnline.com

"She gave me her body. In return, I gave her my soul."

After reading that well known saga that dealt with vampires, werewolves, and a certain human, I never thought I would be reading another vampire paranormal romance. But when I heard that Rachel Van Dyken was going to be writing a paranormal romance, I knew I had to get my hands onclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
"She
Cristina
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

description

A first for me once again because this was my first paranormal romance novel and I didn't really know what to expect...but bottom line is that...

description

It was a little hard to keep up with all the characters: vampires...

...werewolves...

description

It was a little hard to keep up with all the characters: vampires...

...werewolves...

...archangels...

description

...sirens, demons, dark ones and much more...

I love Rachel Van Dyken and her writing style and that I think had a lot of influence in me liking this book. I finished it pretty fast because I couldn't put it down and had to see what was going to happen next.

You may wonder why only 4 stars?

Well that's because there where some parts I didn't know what to make of and that weren't quite believable but because where talking about fantasy here I chose to look past them and enjoy the book...which I did :D

Will I be reading more paranormal romance?

description

But for know I'm taking a break and going back to contemporary romance :P

Nenia ⚜️ Author of Filthy Trash and Unhinged Psychos ⚜️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I read this book for the Unapologetic Romance Readers' New Years 2017 Reading Challenge. For more info about what this is, click here.

When I was a teenager, I used to spend all my time on this great site called Quizilla. It's now defunct, but it was basically the early 00s version of Wattpad + personality quizzes. With a few discerning clicks, you could find out which dysfunctional Care Bear you were (Nihilism bear), what weapon you were (sais), what element you were (water), or just forg
Heather ~*Undercover Goth Queen*~
Buddy read with Nenia, Sarah, and Celestine!

*looks at book*

*looks at average rating*

*looks back at book*

I mean, this book reads like something the author just dashed off over the course of a couple nights without plotting anything beforehand. Like she literally just sat down at her computer with the intent to write a paranormal story, and then did it.

Without forethought.

Without any sort of consistency.

But with the definite intent to make every sentence its own paragraph.

The entire book was so random and read like she just made it up a
I was long overdue for a paranormal romance!!!

The Dark Ones is the first installment in Rachel Van Dyken's paranormal romance (PNR) series titled: The Dark Ones Saga. The author has created a fascinating world featuring humans, vampires, werewolves, sirens, angels, and other immortals. In a sea of PNR novels that start to blee
Princess under cover
This was a good read. Went by really fast. Not a whole lot of content but enuf mystery to keep me interested. Was expecting some hot sex (see very yummy torso on over), wasn’t too much of that. Kinda tame. But interesting plot kept me going. Might read the next one.

Update: bought the next one. It's a tough sell tho, I hope it lives up to expectations. It's starting off from a hole tho cuz I disliked the h of book 2 in book 1. SELFISH!!! She endangered the heroine of this book to "get
Aira  Cabrera
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

I thought I’d never read a book with vampires in it ever again. I was wrong. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS ONE! The romance was so freaking good, ahhh all the feeeels!!!! I know I know, it was too soon bla bla bla, but I never complain about that happening. I LOVE love. I can’t explain the feeling this book gave me. It brought me back to those feelings I got when I discovered paranormal books in high school.

Genesis has been training all her li
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
I Loved this! Why did I not know it even existed? Seriously, I devoured it in one sitting and could get lost in this Dark world for days! RVD had renewed my Paranormal fire!
Kira Simion
3.5 stars.

Some notes:

1. If the Dark Ones are good and bad, why do some seem bad?

2. At the end, why would Cassius have to die if he failed to get Stephanie to love him? Why wouldn't he just lose his immortal glow? (That would be more logical),

3. The book was action packed, but the speed was both its strength and weakness for there was more lust than love.

Good fast light read.
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

Loved it. This was a slightly different take on the whole vampire genre. Throw in some angels, werewolfs and sirens, it had me hooked from the start. Yes it was a bit predictable but who cares.

Now I hope we get all their books!
Corinne Michaels
GAH!
I started this book at 9 Pm last night, thinking, once again, that I would just drift asleep.

Nope.

Not even close.

I really loved this one. I love all of Rachel's books, but this had my heart bursting with Ethan and Genesis. I'm so excited for more books in this series!
Fran
I really wanted to love this one, but I just couldn't connect with the MCs. I wasn't convinced of the "love" that they felt for each other.

I did like the premise a lot though, but the storyline felt a bit too complicated than it should have been. Maybe it's just me, but overall, it didn't flow smoothly.
Coco.V
Oct 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/28/2017)!
Buddy read with buddies from Unapologetic Romance Readers Group, Celestine , Heather , and Nenia .

Read for the URR 2017 New Year's Reading Challenge prompt 'Vampire Romance'

How on Earth does this book have a four star average?!? Does no one else (view spoiler) care that this/>Read
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Omg so good! I love paranormal and Rachel knocked it out of the park. I am OBSESSED with these characters and want more!!!!
Stacie
3 "So much potential." Stars.

So... I wanted to love this one. I really did. It has so much potential! The plot is interesting, the characters are interesting, the paranormal beings have interesting abilities. The problem is it all fell just short of its potential. There wasn't enough information or character development. And when the heck did Genesis and Ethan fall in love enough to pass any kind of ultimate test? Seriously when? I missed it.

I'm glad I gave it a go, but I
Lučka
3.5*

This author's been sitting on my Kindle for years. I went in blind, without even reading a blurb, and I was pleasantly surprised by how effortless I fell into it.

The story itself was quite interesting; the mix of paranormal beings, fated love, friendship, a few twists. Lots of possessive and protective asshole alphas. It lacked depth, but what I missed the most was the world building. 90% of the story happens in the house. It wasn't even detailed. Basically I imagined nothing when it came to scener
Vasiliki
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 stars!

This is PRN story with a wonderful twist! I love PRN because the possibilities of the storyline are unlimited. Ms. Van Dyken created a wonderful world, full of action and powers! Ms. Van Dyken dared to create a world with faults, heroes with weaknesses and unpredicted situations! The plot is fantastic full with surprises, mystery, action, tension! Everything I love in a great book.

The heroes were great as well! I won't give you details about their personality. Let
Hollie
I was quite impressed with this read. The plot was fast paced and I really enjoyed the characters. My only complaint is that I felt the connection between the hero and heroine was a bit too instantaneous. They just seemed to fall in love too easily, and yet, I never got a full grasp of their relationship, bond or connection. They barely had any time to get to know one another before they were professing their undying love and devotion to one another. It was still an enjoyable read and I will def ...more
Celestine
DNF at 26%. This was a Clean Out the Kindle Buddy Read with Sarah, Nenia and Heather from the Unapologetic Romance Readers group. So far it ranked one star, two stars and my stellar DNF. But I am sticking with my policy and not ranking or reviewing a DNF.

Book source: Amazon freebie.
Candace
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Genesis and Ethan

When Genesis number is called, she enters the presence of a Dark One, a vampire, a werewolf, and a male and a female siren, Is Genesis the one human who will fulfill prophecy? This is the question that she and the immortals want to know the answer to.

Ethan is the vampire. He marks Genesis to keep her from the Dark One. What Ethan and Genesis discover is they are mates. Because they are mates, Ethan can protect her except when she sleeps. Then the Dark One can inv
Amy
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Love, in all my experience, was just that–selfishness wrapped up in a pretty little bow.”

I have been a huge fan of Rachel Van Dyken’s books for a long time now. And with each new book or new series, I fall more in love with the characters and the author’s writing. The Dark Ones was no exception and has quickly found a place for its self as one of my top RVD reads.

When I first started this book, I honestly didn’t know what to expect. From the moment I read the first page,
Bella
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I was given this one in exchange for an honest review and to be very honest I LOVED THIS freeing book! Rachel Van Dyke delivers another intense, powerful paranormal read that’s filled with something new and something that will keep you n the edge of your seat.

Genesis lives in a world where humans are raised to serve immortals but once she is marked by two of them things for her will NEVER be the same and she will find out that life is not anything her mother raised her to think it was.

I l

• Bite Me (Bitten, #1)
  • Playing with Monsters (Playing with Monsters, #1)
  • Eternally Bound (The Alliance, #1)
  • The Awakening (The Daemon Chronicles, #1)
  • The Secret (Arranged Book 2)
  • Dragon Pact (Blood Dragon, #1)
  • Stolen from My Mate (Jager Alpha #1)
  • Wanted by the Alpha (Knotted Omega, #0.5)
  • Stolen Innocence (Blood Thief, #1)
  • The Mate (Fire's Edge, #0.5)
  • Kade's Dark Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #1)
  • The Bear's Hired Mate
  • Born Of Sin (Book 1)
  • Tempted by the Vampire Guardian
  • Awakened (Vampire Awakenings, #1)
  • Bound by Passion (The Alliance, Book 4)
  • Bound by Vengeance (The Alliance, #2)
  • Wild Game (Wilding Pack Wolves, #1)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

The Dark Ones Saga (5 books)
  • Untouchable Darkness (The Dark Ones Saga, #2)
  • Dark Surrender (The Dark Ones Saga, #3)
  • Darkest Temptation (The Dark Ones Saga, #4)
  • Darkest Sinner
“I'd keep you if you weren't already being fought over and owned." "I'm not a pet." "Believe me when I say I treat my pets very well," he said in a low voice. "No complaints. Ever.” 1 likes
“You're beautiful, Genesis." I swallowed, placing my hands on the table in front of her. "Immortals would fight wars over you, and not just your face or your hair or the way your smile penetrates to someone's very soul — but because you're good.” 1 likes