Start by marking “Sous les caresses du prince (Si royal et indécent #2)” as Want to Read:
Sous les caresses du prince (Si royal et indécent #2)

Sous les caresses du prince

(His Royal Secret #2)

James, le prince de Galles, a décidé de révéler son secret au monde entier. Mais énoncer la vérité implique d’exposer au grand jour sa liaison sulfureuse avec le reporter Benjamin Dahan. Ce dernier n’a jamais envisagé de s’engager sérieusement. Pourtant, la profondeur de ses sentiments pour James le pousse à rejoindre son amant sous les feux des projecteurs. Aussi, quand l ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 437 pages
Published February 6th 2019 by J'ai Lu (first published August 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Sous les caresses du prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sous les caresses du prince

Start your review of Sous les caresses du prince (Si royal et indécent #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

His Royal Favorite is much angstier than the first book, which ends with Ben deciding he wants to stay with James and try, really try, to make the relationship work.

But James is still the Prince Regent, and Ben his "boy toy" (as one particularly vicious paparazzo calls him).

Ben has lived his life as a nomad. He's independent and self-reliant. James warns Ben of the media shitstorm about to come down upon them, but Ben doesn't fully grasp how much his life will change until it does.

The fi
Jan
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites
What a fantastic surprise from this duet!

And to think I almost missed it because of the mixed reviews. I should of known better.

His Royal Secret just worked for me. I felt their impossible love in the story, in each sentence, between the lines and even at work, when all I wanted was to be reading it.

Their relationship progress felt real:

.)from secret hook ups,

.)passing for a status of already being head over heels with one another and keeping themselves in denial

to the final moments where they
Dia
4,5 stars

As I promised myself I would give 5 stars only to the books that evoke strong emotions in me, I cannot give less to this one. Not after reading it all night. It kept me glued to the pages and dying to know what happens next!
I loved the first book. It was also super catchy and sweet and hot. But here we get more angst and it worked for me better. I understood Ben's fears and the way he struggled with the press. His whole life changed. I ached for their love being twisted and how so many
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.5 stars!

"I was born heir to the throne. I was also born gay. These are both inseparable parts of my humanity. I can no more continue to hide one than I would hide the other, or feel shame regarding one while taking pride in the other. I was born to be, no more and no less, as are we all."

His Royal Favorite is the continuation of His Royal Secret, which must be read before reading this book. At the end of the first book, James has decided to come out to the people as a gay man, and his bo
Ingie
Review written August 29, 2016

4 1/2 Stars - Simple grandly (royal) romantic. Like an unforgettable saga.

Book #2 (of 2)

I was both impressed and sincerely hooked reading the first part, His Royal Secret (4.5 stars). Truly good stuff and with a nice romantic but cliffy ending making me eager for more at once.

photo bbf0ac0b-e566-49be-84c3-891c63f3440a_zpswq1jd0jt.png

I'm knocked and so damn happy Yes hands up, I have been as glued to my e-reader since yesterday. Every short free minute...

**********************************************

His Royal Favorite,
Line
Re-read again-again, and just as much fun as the first time around. This has become a comfort-read for weeks when DNFs and ragey books have been predominant:-)

Thank Jeebus for this book, since this has not been a good 'book-day'.
In this one James and Ben have a lot of stuff to figure out.
James successfully came out, and so far the backlash is not too bad. Ben is introduced in the press as his partner, and have sent out a press release, but other than that Ben is hoping that he will be able to
Shile
5++++++++ stars

This book! This book! Oh! It did something to me and I loved it so much.

description

This book had more angst than the first book, the kind that hurts you so good. James and Ben had to face the world after coming out publicly. Ben had to deal with his own demons decide if he was willing to lose his freedom, for love. It was depressing , Ben's doubt felt so real and through it all James was by his side.

As soon as Ben found himself becoming jealous about other men in a boyfriend’s orbit, h
Moony Eliver
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqia, 2019, m-m
I’m experiencing a bit of review-writer’s block right now, which isn’t fair to this book but I have to at least note that I really liked it. Over the course of the story, I lost track of the number of things that surprised and delighted me. I won’t attempt to list them because spoilers, but the best element was that I’ve never read anything quite like this before.

I’d especially recommend it to readers who like to go beyond the HEA and get into some more real shit that can threaten it (at least,
Ula'ndi Hart
b>Overall book rating: 5 – Second Time Around
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

I’m still on that High from the first time around.

One of my favorite couples, these boys. LOVE the story, Love the MC’s love the feel of it. Happy to have done a re-read.

Overall book rating: 5!!!!!!! (First read - 18.07-22.07.2018)
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

I’ve come to the conclusion that no matter how hard I try, I won’t ever be able to give this review what it deserves. I simply don’t have the talent for that.

So I’ll
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
“You belong to me. Maybe the public and the press own the part of you that’s the prince, but not the man. You’re mine, and I won’t let anything take you away.”

I get goosebumps whenever an author takes on a fairly risqué storyline that might make you raise an eyebrow at first, but then before you know it, you find yourself consumed by a story that is as touching as it is thought-provoking, and Lilah Pace is truly a master at this. This story immediately piqued my interest with its int
CrabbyPatty
4.5 stars. "His Royal Favorite" (HRF) is the intriguing sequel to "His Royal Secret" (HRS) which ended in a cliffhanger as Prince James decides to come out. In this book James and Ben question if their relationship is strong enough to withstand the 24/7/365 media scrutiny as well as royal in-family fighting and plotting.

HRS was a fast-paced sexy read as James and Ben meet and begin a very intense, very steamy relationship. In comparison, HRF deals with what happens after the whirlwind romance,
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Thank you, thank you my friend Jan for reading this series. I remember contemplating this series some time back but ultimately passed based on some reviews.

This one was quite a bit angstier than book 1, but I loved how James and Ben took things head on. They talked. They were mature. They were considerate of each other.

I never wanted their story to end, yet I wanted more than anything for them to get their happily ever after.
~Kristin~
4.25 Stars
I really enjoyed this two book take on royal life, with a twist. It was engaging, thought provoking, and emotional. I loved James and Ben, Cass rocked and Indigo broke my heart then showed such strength of human spirit. Such a great story!
Nicola
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"...I now wish to tell the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth—I am a gay man."

Picking up where His Royal Secret left us, His Royal Favorite sees James, The Prince of Wales, having come out to his family and now preparing to do the same to the world. With no idea how people will respond, uncertain times are ahead, but one thing is certain; the feelings he and Ben share for one another are getting stronger every day.

description

The first book left me underwhelmed focussing on sex over stor
Caz
4.5 stars rounded up.

His Royal Favorite is the second book in the duology that began with His Royal Secret. As it’s a direct sequel, it’s advisable to have read the first book before embarking upon this one, and also means that there are going to be spoilers for His Royal Secret in this review.

The story in His Royal Favorite picks up pretty much where it ended in the previous book. In a Britain in which Queen Victoria and the House of Winsdor never existed, the reigning monarch is the elderly Ki
Ariana
5 stars +
Still humming on the inside after finishing 'His Royal Favourite' a couple of minutes ago, and it's a humming of content and pure joy. I LOVED book one of this two-part series, but I ADORED this. It went straight on to my 'best of the best' shelf.

I think Lilah Pace nailed the plot which could have easily turned into a bit of pink fluffy cotton wool. That certainly does NOT happen here. Instead we get a highly realistic look at what James and Ben go through once their relationship become
Chris, the Dalek King
I am in a romantic relationship with Prince James, currently Prince Regent and head of state for the United Kingdom.

He loves me, and I love him. I’m in love the way I thought only fools and children could ever be. I spent my whole life being the most cynical bastard in the world, and I never believed in fairy tales, so of course an actual, literal Prince Charming came along.

Oh, and by the way, the next king of England is gay. Might want to assign someone to write a piece on that. His com
Renée
~4.5 stars~

The follow-up to His Royal Secret was even better than the first! Beware of spoilers from Book 1.

James and Ben pick up where they left off in Book 1, with James about to come out to the entire nation about his sexual orientation. And Ben has agreed to come out as his partner right along with him.

Ben has been out for so long that he doesn't expect what happens next. He expects the invasiveness of the paparazzi. He expects the public scrutiny. He expects the crowds camping outside his
1-Click Addict Support Group
Relationships are hard. Especially when all the eyes of the world are watching you. And most definitely difficult when your partner is first in line to the English throne.

James, the Prince of Wales is relieved to finally be “out” but his future isn’t exactly certain. Right now, he’s the Prince Regent and is able to protect himself, Ben and his sister, but if his scheming uncle has anything to say about the line of succession, James could be out.

And his lover, Ben Dahan isn’t quite so certain ab
Ele
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My GR friends will hate me.

You know how some times we say "maybe it's me, not the book" but what we mean is "the book is shit, and I'm right"? Yeah, this is NOT one of these times. I know that this is a good series, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

Unless it's a favorite author, I rarely read series with established couples because I get so bored. That's exactly what happened here. I didn't love the first book to begin with, and this one just made me so.freaking.bored.

But really, it's me, NOT t
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

Book two was not for the lighthearted at all!!! It was super emotional and way more angsty!!! GAH. I dislike angst and reading this is why. In my head Ben would have got over himself 20% into the story. I get it, and understand ALL his reservations but I totally was being #TeamJames over here and wanted him to sacrifice his freedom for James. It didn't work like that, and man this book did wonders to my emotions. I feel like I need a palate cleanser and need to read a comfort read or some fluff
Alicia
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-read, series
-4.5 stars-
So that was really good. Much better than I expected after book one, and when you put both books together it makes a fantastic read. There was much more angst than the first, but our heroes get through it, amidst a bunch of tears, questions and heartbreak. There love always wins out, and that ending was perfect. Recommend this for sure.
Laxmama
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dual-pov, m-m, hot
Royally good

This was the second half of the Royal series and really the official part of the relationship for James & Ben. It was a great addition watching them adjust to their struggles, difficulties and create a lasting relationship. Great series
Ami

After feeling rather underwhelmed with the first book, His Royal Secret, I thought this follow-up was an improvement. I definitely liked it better.

First, I thought that it was more focused on situation on hand, namely the repercussion of James coming out as gay man as well as Ben stepping up and revealing himself as the Prince's partner. I could felt the struggle from Ben, having to deal with the lost of his privacy, including when the paps digging the pictures of his parents' crime sc
Michelle
When I finished book one I really didn’t think I needed to read book two. Since there was no cliffhanger ending, the ending was enough, in a way. Although the story was not fully wrapped up, it was a HFN sort of ending. But I felt guilty and wanted to see this series through.

In HRF, James and Ben are gearing up to face the public as an out & proud couple. James has the worry of whether the church will accept and back him along with the fear of what being so public will do to Ben.

Soooo.... Alth
Cadiva
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful follow rounds off the royal romance

There's still no King of England and England and Britain aren't the same thing but that's just my own niggle about when people set a book in in this world but then Americanise it or mix stuff up.

The romance itself, however, is simply divine, full of rich characters in a world which is beautifully drawn out and filled with detail which does give the sense of just how bizarre it has to be to step into a life of eternal scrutiny.

Ben's uncertainty was who
Kade Boehme
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't often like books that involve celebrity trope, certainly not royalty. But I can't gush about this one enough. Honestly, it was a random find--idk how I'd missed this duology all summer. I loved the characters and that there was little capital A "Angst". It also wasn't like super fluffy Cinderfella, either. It was a great read.
Grace
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can someone raised in royalty with set expectations from day one, step out of the mold and survive? In book two of this duet, the author explores how expectations can overwhelm someone to the point of suffering. And it explores how two men set out to rewrite history.

What I love most about this series is the exploration of doing what is right vs. what is expected. In book one, it was easy to see the connection between James and Ben. They seem to be in-sync physically and emotionally. Both were wi
Josy
Some very kind Santa / elf gifted me this book. Thank you so much <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ 4.5 stars ~
haletostilinski
Wow! I could not put this down just like the first one, although for different reasons. While the first was the start of James and Ben's relationship and we just got to see the heat, the passion, the falling in love, this one was the established relationship fic - seeing how they navigate being a couple while dealing with real shit.

And yeah, the first 50% was hard to read because these two go through shit, especially Ben, and like dumb-dumbs they didn't COMMUNICATE. Eventually they do, but beca
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: His Royal Favorite, by Lilah Pace 2 11 Sep 16, 2016 11:04PM

• The Spare
  • King Consort
  • Common Goal (Game Changers, #4)
  • Restored (Enlightenment, #5)
  • Breaking News (Prime Time, #2)
  • A Right Royal Affair
  • After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
  • Powder & Pavlova (Southern Lights, #1)
  • The Stopping Place
  • Short Stack (Mixed Messages; Finding Home)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • Off Balance (Painted Bay, #1)
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)
  • The Last Kiss
  • The Dark Tide (The Adrien English Mysteries, #5)
  • Death of a Pirate King (The Adrien English Mysteries, #4)
  • Boyfriend Material
  • So This is Christmas
Lilah Pace is a pseudonym for a New York Times bestselling author, so she can’t give away too much about herself here, but she has lived everywhere from Italy to the United Kingdom before putting down roots in the American South.

She’s addicted to Diet Coke, loves her dog, and daydreams about several British movie stars (though usually no more than two at a time).

And while it took her a long while

His Royal Secret (2 books)
  • His Royal Secret (His Royal Secret, #1)

News & Interviews

“All of us engage in some degree of artiface, even if its just putting on makeup or answering the question of how we are with 'Fine, thanks.” 1 likes