Start by marking “Shortcake Cake, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Shortcake Cake, Vol. 3

Shortcake Cake, Vol. 3

(Shortcake Cake #3)

Chiaki and Ten pretend they’re dating to dissuade Rei, Riku’s younger brother, from continuing to bother her. But Chiaki believes that Riku still has feelings for Ten and tries to bring them together.

Published February 5th 2019 by VIZ Media: Shojo Beat (first published August 25th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Shortcake Cake, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shortcake Cake, Vol. 3

Start your review of Shortcake Cake, Vol. 3
Lauren
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm...sadly I wasn’t ‘feeling’ this as much as its predecessors - mainly because I thought the scenes didn’t flow as well and nothing much happened plot-wise which is a shame. I did enjoy the last third though involving Riku <3 I think I might wait to read the reviews for volume 4 before purchasing the next one.
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Ten Serizawa has a two-hour commute through the mountains to high school every day, so she can’t spend much time hanging out with her friends in the afternoon. She decides to move into the local boardinghouse, where one of her friends and three other boys are living. Ten’s friends consider her to be as oblivious as a rock when it comes to noticing boys and falling in love, but will she be able to keep her calm and steady heart in her new living situation?

In Shortcake
Rod Brown
This series is like jellybeans. If someone puts jellybeans in front of me, I will pop them down one after the other until they are gone. But I do not seek out jellybeans, because who really wants or needs them. I shall not seek out future volumes of this bland and generic romance series, but if someone were to put a pile down in front of me...
Jolien
Jenny
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Before starting, just want to state that I read this in paperback, not on Kindle, but the Kindle edition is the only option Goodreads has available. Okay, onto the review.

I have mixed feeling about this volume. I am happy that Ten is exploring her emotions and trying to understand her feelings towards Chiaki and Riku, but at the same time it's not that interesting. Riku is trying to give her space since she rejected him, which I applaud, but Chiaki is trying to put Riku with Ten beca
Ruthsic
This volume was hella cute, with some great heart-pounding moments, and seemed more directed on the romance story developing. So, after Chiaki and Ten pretended to date, Rei seems to be off planning new things (I hope he continues to stay out of the picture), but Riku is still a little sad from his rejection. His attempts to make Ten feel at ease, though, are noticed by her, and there is a little awkwardness between them, but also some growing feelings. Chiaki, meanwhile, feels dejected over Rik ...more
Mariah
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lightning is a beautiful, thunderous hazard.
Hisgirl85
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Building, but short
Chloe
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loveeeee thisssss
Moriah Venable
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its been a while since I read this series so I kinda forgot what happened but with the first few pages, it refreshed my memory.

I am starting to confused Riku and Chiaki because I like Chiaki and I wasn't a fan of Riku, but I am starting to feel differently towards him.

Chiaki knows that Riku still has feelings for Ten and tries to push together, much to Riku annoyance who is trying to gain Ten's trust.

When a thunderstorm causes the lights to go out, Ten and Riku walk to h
Christine
A clean, sweet read about a freshman girl in high school moving to a boarding house to make friends and be closer to school. Of course, two of the boys who live in the house are handsome!

Sex? Nope!

Swearing/Profanity? Very little. One instance of "what a b*tch" exactly written that way but, of course, we all know what it means...

Violence? Not really.

Magic? No

LGBTQ + characters? Not specified.

Could a conservative Christian school library
Chelsea Best
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!! Now this series is starting to really shape into itself. I am now 100% behind this story and it's characters! The tension between our main character and her 2 love interests is so great I want more! I am already dying for the next volume! Cannot wait to check it out asap!
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
These are such trope-y fun, and I'm definitely interested in the outcome of the series, but I also don't know which part of the love triangle I actually ship? Which is a bit weird for me, but for now I kind of like that I don't know and that I genuinely like both options.
Sarina
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, manga
Ich kann zu diesem Band eigentlich nicht viel sagen, außer, dass ich was Ten und Riku betrifft gar nicht mehr so abgeneigt bin. Im Gegenteil!
Maymuna
Amber
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
On a personal note, I still prefer Chiaki, but this is fine.
Mary
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm enjoying this shoujo title. I'm going to say that even though I really like Chiaki, I hope that she ends up with Riku - not that I think she could go wrong either way. :)
Celinda Reyes
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this volume so much. The plot continues to be amazing, the characters are fun, & the romance is believable even though it’s a slow burn. I can’t wait for the next volume!
Kara
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads, manga
Definitely not as good as the first two volumes, hopefully it it’ll get better in vol 4.
Skye (Skye's Scribblings)
This series is actually starting to grow on me. Will give it another volume.
Natalia Soldevila
Rikuuuuuu no te rindas!! D;
Angela
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
The premise for this series is fun and I like how the author made each character unique.
Derryn
While still enjoying this series I’m not a big fan of love triangles soooooooooooooooo yeh 🖤

Read twice in 2019

Jun 19, 2019
xXQueenofHeartsXx
Mar 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Love in Focus Vol. 1 (Love in Focus, #1)
  • アオハライド 3 (Ao Haru Ride, #3)
  • アオハライド 4 (Ao Haru Ride, #4)
  • かくりよの宿飯 あやかしお宿に嫁入りします。 2 [Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi: Ayakashi Oyado ni Yomeiri shimasu. 2] (Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits, #2)
  • Love in Focus Vol. 2 (Love in Focus, #2)
  • 高嶺と花 7 (Takane to Hana #7)
  • かくりよの宿飯 あやかしお宿に嫁入りします。 3 [Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi: Ayakashi Oyado ni Yomeiri shimasu. 3] (Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits, #3)
  • アオハライド 5 (Ao Haru Ride, #5)
  • Waiting for Spring 11 (Waiting for Spring, #11)
  • アオハライド 2 (Ao Haru Ride, #2)
  • Takane & Hana T8 (Takane to Hana, #8)
  • かくりよの宿飯 あやかしお宿に嫁入りします。 1 [Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi: Ayakashi Oyado ni Yomeiri shimasu. 1] (Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits #1)
  • Waiting for Spring 10 (Waiting for Spring, #10)
  • 高嶺と花 6 (Takane to Hana #6)
  • アオハライド 6 (Ao Haru Ride, #6)
  • 高嶺と花 5 (Takane to Hana #5)
  • Waiting for Spring 9 (Waiting for Spring, #9)
  • 高嶺と花 2 (Takane to Hana #2)
MORISHITA Suu
Name (in native language): 森下suu

Blood type: A
Zodiac: Taurus

Mangaka duo: Story: Makiro (マキロ), Illustration: Nachiyan (なちやん)

Favourite food: chicken nanban

Assistant: Aizawa Yuki-mei

Shortcake Cake (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 1 (Shortcake Cake, #1)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 2 (Shortcake Cake, #2)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 4 (Shortcake Cake, #4)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 5 (Shortcake Cake, #5)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 6 (Shortcake Cake, #6)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 7 (Shortcake Cake, #7)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 8 (Shortcake Cake, #8)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 9 (Shortcake Cake, #9)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 10 (Shortcake Cake, #10)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 11 (Shortcake Cake, #11)