Start by marking “The Forgotten Timepiece: A timeless tale of love, hope and betrayal.” as Want to Read:
The Forgotten Timepiece: A timeless tale of love, hope and betrayal.

The Forgotten Timepiece: A timeless tale of love, hope and betrayal.

SeRina, an adopted, beautiful, rebellious and assumingly white teenager goes on the quest to find her biological family after tragedy strikes. On her journey, she is shocked to find out her true heritage. After an encounter with her eccentric newly-discovered grandmother, she is mysteriously transported from the year 2009 to the antebellum South in 1859 where she finds her ...more
Published January 21st 2019 by LuLu

To ask other readers questions about The Forgotten Timepiece, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forgotten Timepiece

Start your review of The Forgotten Timepiece: A timeless tale of love, hope and betrayal.
DesLovesBooks
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this story! This definitely didn’t read like a debut novel....Ms. Licorish penned this like a seasoned author. I’ll be on the lookout for more books from her for sure!
Vicky Peplow
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A great read

I was hooked to this book as soon as I started reading it. If a book has history, time-travel, and a great storyline, then you have my attention. I wish I had written this book as it is greatly put together with some amazing characters and it means more to me when the characters are based around or named after actual real life people. This twist at the end really pulls the book together and gives it an ending well worth waiting for. Highly recommend.
Arthur Lee
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a few Facebook friends who have written books and I have supported them. Some of them were bad, some were good, but this time, I have a friend who has written something GREAT! The story sucked me in and I had no choice but to continue to turn the pages. Great characters, great writing, great book. You did your thing with this one, Joyce. Can’t wait for the movie and to read more work from you.
Nancy
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best book

This is the best book I've read so far this year. I hope the author will continue writing because I will continue reading. Highly recommend this book to everyone of all races.
Mark D Bernarde
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

This book gives an enlightening perspective of racism, ignorance, forgiveness, white privilege story that takes you back in time. Mostly this book reminds all people of any color, gender or status the importance of love.
njeri
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!

This book was absolutely amazing!!!! I could not put this book down. You told every character story well. I felt as I was there.
Margie Clark
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved reading this book! Wish it hadn't ended... Would love to see where things went in the end with "Ivory".. A sequel maybe? ...more
Kathy
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This was the first book I have read by this author, but it won't be the last. Couldn't wait to finish it. Very surprising ending.
Angi Naerebout
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Important themes and ideas

It was a good story and the idea was brilliant, but the execution was just a bit lacking. I had a hard time with the style of the story. The way it was told made it difficult for me to really get into. It would be a great play.
Tandi Landes
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Page turner

The Forgotten Timepiece is.full of turns and excitement. It's an easy read that keeps you wondering what is coming next.
Samantha Evans
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Time travel has always gotten me interested! It was such a good read, and I loved it! Knowing that there are more books after this one I am very excited to read more! The main character goes on such an empowering journey that it had me interested and I loved the journey all until the end! Reminded me of outlander on how the main character came from one century, and in this case, traveled back like three centuries! It had me at the edge of my seat! How when she went back in time how she saw how h ...more
Joyce Licorish
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love to read and this book checks all the boxes for me. Struggles, triumph, love... The tragic undercurrent of racism plaguing our country is artfully woven into the fabric of this novel. With a unique sci-fi twist, and a startling finale, this book will keep you up past your usual bedtime. The echoes of the characters will stay with you long after you read the last page.

By T. Hignite
See Amazon for more reviews.
Terena
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Great Debut

I was taken in by the synopsis of this book. It was intriguing as I had not seen too many time travel historical fiction dealing with this subject matter. It’s hard to say if this was fiction, or a bit of realism with fiction thrown in. How did most slaves live? Were they
all treated horribly or were some better off than others. The author penned an interesting narrative, bringing you into the situation of the day.
Joyce Licorish
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Touching and inspiring story that unmasks some of Americas darkest secrets.
Shelly Echols
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good book to read

All I can say is, Wow! It was a good read from start to finish. The end was especially good.
maudie peterson

• Atlantis: The Council of Twelve
  • ROAD HARVEST
  • JOE'S JOURNEY: IN THE MIDST OF AN INNER CIRCLE
  • Different is Beautiful
  • New Haven (The New Beginning's Book 2)
  • What is a Dream? (Let's Go Dreaming Book 2)
  • Valentina's Love
  • Meet Kamala Harris: Biography Book for Kids
  • Simple Air Fryer Cookbook with Pictures: Easy Recipes for Beginners with Tips & Tricks to Fry, Grill, Roast, and Bake | Your Everyday Air Fryer Book
  • Turn Back Time: The Escape
  • I Wish I Knew
  • Orange and Ivy Save the Rainforest
  • Shattered Perceptions
  • Scrappy was in love with an owl: Will you be my valentine?
  • Johari The Great
  • ROXI the Rescue Dog - Helps the Tigers: An Animal Compassion Story for Children (ages 2 - 6) (ROXI Helps the Animals Book 4)
  • Silent Killer Volume 1 "Say Something Movement"

News & Interviews