Start by marking “Lament” as Want to Read:
Lament

Lament

Dear Grief Fairy,

I’ve met a man who encompasses grief. Alexander Blayren, a brooding cellist with a body I crave and a soul I ache to know better. He’s rude and bold, brash and sharp, but I see the lost soul underneath. Crying out. Surviving grief for the sake of his daughter. Just.

Before we met, Alexander didn’t believe you could survive grief. Loss had painted his life
Published March 22nd 2019
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Lament, please sign up.
Lynsey M. Stewart Hi, sorry for the late response! You can sign up to my mailing list and a link will be sent out to you. https://www.lynseymstewart.com/mailin...

Thanks…more

Thanks!(less)

Start your review of Lament
Vanessa (nessreads)
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

5 “To Love Again” Stars

grief
/grēf/

noun - deep sorrow, especially that caused by someone’s death.
————————————————————

Wow, wow, wow. Speechless. My emotions are on overdrive. My heart is reeling and I can’t quite catch my breath just yet. THIS. BOOK. My gosh this book spoke to me on such a deep personal level. The tears I’ve shed are just about dry, but I won’t soon be able to stop thinking about this book and it’s extraordinary characters and t
Darlene Avery
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lament by Lynsey M. Stewart is absolutely packed with feels.

Stewart encompasses grief and mourning like no one I’ve read before.

I loved Alex & Nat, and the supporting characters that bring this storyline to life.

This book is a journey, and one I think many will find healing in so many ways.

4.5 Stars
Ann (Literary Lust)
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this story. I personally have lost loved ones and I live with my own grief every single day. I feel that the author identified and showed that everyone deals with grief differently and I thought she wrote about something so personal….. beautifully. I certainly could relate to many scenes in the book and I know from reading Lynsey M Stewart’s other novels that she has a knack of writing the most amazing stories about real life situations…. this one being no different.

This incr
Paulette
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know what spurred this author to write this beautiful and soul touching story but I am so glad she did. This book has touched me in a way I wasn’t expecting. She tapped into my soul. I’m only at 32% and she has expressed more feeling into this story that I am sure everyone has experienced at sometime in their life. I literally had to stop reading and put these thoughts down so I could express them as succinctly as possible. The thoughts and feelings that are being expressed are so on poi ...more
Kathy Aronoff
Caz
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything it was emotional without being a tearjerker it was beautifully written and story that will stay with me for a long time.

This story started with heartbreak and the sadness of losing loved ones but what this book does is show us the way for these two characters to try and bond with grief but also a little girl that is suffering as well.

Alex is a character that is the pure defintion of broody and someone who has his walls built up so high that the whole time I thought while
Gemma
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lament is an emotionally charged love story about navigating through life while grief is right by your side. Everyone who experiences loss is affected by grief in some way. Everyone's journey with grief is different. Nat and Alexander, the book's main characters, are no different than the average person dealing with life after a significant loss. Grief forces people down paths they might not have taken without it.

I felt so many emotions while reading it, with the biggest take away is hope and l
Lisa Hahn
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How does one overcome grief? Nat dances away her pain or transference it away. Alex pours his into his music and the Cello. They first meet at a train station getting a cab. Nat comes home after many years away to take over the dance studio. This story follows their journey of overcoming grief to finding love. This story goes through so many emotions and stages.of grief for Alex. It has taken him longer to heal.
Toss in a housekeeper, Maggie, a sweet child named Eli, a wicked sister in law, , gr
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
BLOGGERS, sign-up to join the release events HERE

description
Sheila
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lament hooked me with the first page and kept me there until the end.

Stewart writes stunningly complex characters experiencing normal life. While her characters are nothing like me, I found them all relatable. She weaves grief with joy, loss with new love, and truth with the lies in a way that is interesting and nuanced but not precious.

Alexander and Nat both experienced loss and grief, but they approach their life after in opposing ways. Watching the two meet and their relationship grow paralle
Riley Rae
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I’d always found the melodic sound of a cello sad. Like the music of lost souls and wandering shadows trying to blend in with the night. Stories of loss, of longing, grief and depression colliding with notes.”

To My Dearest Friends,

Prepare yourself – for a book so hauntingly dark and poetic that if you have ever had the misfortune to experience loss, this book will pull up all the memories of your pain in the most beautiful way. It will strike a chord so deeply within you that you will not be ab

Babel
Art and beauty collide in such elegant, moving ways in this tale of grief and love.

I took a chance on a new author to me because it was impossible to resist a romance between a ballerina and a cellist. Music and dancing are muses I cannot deny when it comes to reading, so I plunged into this story of two people who have lost loved ones. Nat and Alex are in different stages of loss, which bonds them in unexpected, healing, emotional ways.

The soft, compassionate and insightful writing portrays b
NovelMomma
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Lament is, in my opinion, Lynsey Stewart’s best book yet. I finished it several days ago, but I just keep thinking about these characters. Not only do I think about everything they went through in the book, I keep thinking about what they would be up to now. How their story continued. They are the kind of characters that live on in my head. The kind that feel so real I want to call them up and chat for a bit like an old friend.

This book is highly emotional. Both of these characters are dealing w
Kel Wood *Kel & Mel Tell*
Wow.
Just...wow.
I started reading this author shortly after her debut novel. With every new piece she writes, her growth as an author amazes me. With this one though, her refined talent is clearly visible with each word, each character, each event, from the very beginning to the very end.
The story of Nat and Alex is a difficult journey, at no point ever easy going and care free. Their losses traumatic, their souls grieving, and finding the strength to carry on brings together a beautifully scrip
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, angsty, beta
Grief can be profound and crippling. But it can also be the start of a brand new path. Maybe not a path you would have chosen but a path that you take because there’s not really an alternative.

The ways Nat and Alex deal with their grief are drastically different but the hope that is felt in this book as they help each other overcome their losses has my heart feeling full.

This book will stay with me. Days, months, and years from now, I will look back on the words in this book and remember not the
Leanne
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grief is a horrible thing. It changes you. For better or worse, depends on you.
Nat is a dancer that lost her mom and her little sister when she was 16 years old. Alex is a single dad that lost his wife and the mother of his child. Both are dealing with their grief... in very different ways. They both have to walk through that grief to be ready to love each other.
This is more than a story of grief. It is a story of hope.
Jamie
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an emotional journey this book has been. I love Alex & Nat's story it was heartbreaking, sweet, loving. This book is so worth the read. ...more
Ebonie
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I don’t know what took me so long to dive into this book. It’s breathtaking. Alex and Nat are two souls, broken by loss, finding their ways through the grief towards each other. While Nat’s character has embraced the woman she has become since tragedy struck, Alex is still wallowing in his loss and is stuck. Watching the two of them navigate the complicated, beautiful road that is love after loss had me emotionally invested in this book from beginning to end.

This book is tragic, and de
Dawn Strickland
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loss, Life, and Love!
This is a moving story about loss, life, and love. The hero, Alex and heroine, Nat have both experienced immense loss. However, they have taken different paths in dealing with that grief. Each loss, just like each love is unique. Therefore, grieving is different for everyone. This is a tough subject to take on, but Ms. Stewart doesn't try to convince the reader that there is a right or wrong way to deal with loss. She approaches the subject with empathy, kindness, and lack o
BookishStacy
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, musicians, single-dad
This is my first Lynsey M. Stewart and I am completely blown away. I have to go read everything she has written immediately, while kicking myself for not doing so earlier.

Nat is a dancer who has struggled with grief for years. She first sees Alex at a concert where he is playing the cello, and the piece goes straight to her heart. She can't stop thinking about what Alex must be going through to be able to play such sad music from so deep within. When she moves back home, she comes face-to-face w
Ankita Kaul
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grief, Love, Longing.. and Hope

Lament is easily one of the best books I’ve come across lately. It is very well written, with a sensitivity and care that the subject needed, with a tenderness that speaks to the loss that each one of us carries somewhere within. And it has a touch of elusive magic, in the words, in the conversations.... and in a mysterious little postbox in the forest, where the grief fairy answers all your questions...

Over all, there is hope, though it doesn’t seem to start out
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lament is one of those stories that you never see coming, and that will try to bring you to your knees. I've read the amazing Lynsey M. Stewart in the past, and love her writing style, but she's seriously hit new levels with this story. Now, I'm not going to give much of a description as I really don't want to take away the absolute beauty of going in blind. So how does a person overcome grief?! It varies from person to person, with not any way wrong, and Nat's way is to dance her way through, w ...more
M
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grief is the keen mental suffering or distress over affliction or loss. It is sharp sorrow. Anguish. Heartache. Woe. Misery. Natasha Bevan is a women who has experienced the sharp ache of loss. Her grief journey has been a difficult one, but dance has been the one thing in her life that helps soothe the ache, the deep feeling of loss and allows her for a brief time to feel free, happy. Alexander Blayren has also experienced incredible loss. His deep pain and grief are expressed through his music ...more
Christine C
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nat was the only survivor of a car crash that killed her mother and eight year old little sister. Having grown up dancing with a professional ballerina grandmother, Nat throws herself into her dancing to deal with her grief. After 10 years away, living in London as a professional dancer, she returns home to take over her grandmother's dance studio when her grandmother's health starts failing. She discovers the Grieving Tree, a town mystery, which becomes her obsession and changes her life in man ...more
Kim May
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most beautiful books I’ve ever read. It’s one of those rare books that you don’t just read, but you feel. The book is emotional without being a tearjerker or angsty. You feel the passion, the sadness, the music, the hope, the love emerge from the pages and wrap around you with every word. Both characters are dealing with grief in different ways. I found myself wanting to wrap both of them up in a hug and help them with their pain. While there is grief, there is also a lot of p ...more
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Warning! Warning! Do NOT read this book unless you've got a BUNCH of Kleenex ready!

Alex, Nat and Grace will remind you of every loss you've ever suffered. The grief that each suffers comes across the pages with beauty and grace. It reminds us that even after great loss a time of joy is just waiting. Waiting for us to lay down the pain, and pick up the life we had before.

But, I will warn you again, once you read this book, you might find yourself wondering how to build your very own Grieving Tree
Pauline
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am destroyed. I don't think I have ever felt the pain, love or anguish of the characters in any story like I did in this. When Nat was 16 she was the sole survivor of a car crash that took her mother and younger sister. When she was 17 she left her hometown and never looked back - until now. After many years away, she is heading back to take over the dance studio that her grandmother runs. To Nat, dance is everything. It helps her work through the pain of loss as she loses herself in the music ...more
Moriah
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

Lynsey takes you on a journey of grief and loss and love with this one. Nat and Alex have both had loss in thier lives and trouble coping with it, but each have thier own way of trying to. Nat maybe a little better than Alex, but can he learn to cope with his loss a little better with her in his life? Will he ever be able to let go? Such an emotional read, but truly enjoyed reading it.
Shelley Jennings-Sharp
Amazingly beautiful

I loved this book! An amazing, beautiful story. Sometimes it was heartbreaking, sometimes hot as hell! A very different story and really well written. Loved it!
Cynthia Carpenter
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nat and Alex two broken souls that have lost love ones and are both trying to move past the grief and pain.
This story broke my heart is so many pieces and slowly put it back together again. The pain and anguish these three have suffered is so profound that you will cry with them. This author was able to write these heartbreaking words so you would get pulled in and not want to stop. Can't wait to read more from this author. An Epic read that will leave you feeling breathless.

• Hidden Miles (Miles Family, #4)
  • The Magnolia Chronicles: Adventures in Modern Dating
  • Southern Gentleman (Charleston Heat, #3)
  • Far Cry
  • Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5)
  • Tell Me Goodnight
  • Behind the Veil (Codex, #1)
  • Rock Bottom Girl
  • Breath of Fire
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Stirred (Severton Search & Rescue, #2)
  • Southern Player (Charleston Heat, #2)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)
  • Beautiful Rush (Beautiful, #3)
  • Guarded Dreams
  • Forget the Stars
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
Lynsey M. Stewart enjoys writing stories about characters that experience a few bumps in the road before finding their happily ever after (also known as contemporary romance with plenty of heat) She lives with her husband, her soulmate and muse, along with their gorgeous, precious, ridiculously independent little girl. Lynsey began writing after being inspired by great books, amazing writers and w ...more