Start by marking “Of Thrones and Crowns: An Anthology of Fantasy Standalones” as Want to Read:
Of Thrones and Crowns: An Anthology of Fantasy Standalones

Of Thrones and Crowns: An Anthology of Fantasy Standalones

For a limited time, grab this anthology including eight new and exclusive fantasy standalones from bestselling authors.

Thorns and Crowns

Not every princess is destined for a happily ever after. Some must suffer, rise and rule.
Before she was the cold, calculating unseelie queen, Shea was a young woman, once awoken in the middle of the night by guards, daggers in hands. B
Published January 23rd 2019 by Madam's Books

To ask other readers questions about Of Thrones and Crowns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Thrones and Crowns

Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Won’t lie, I one clicked when I saw McMasters name! I’ll update as I read the other stories.

Thief of Dreams by Bec McMasters
This prequel has me intrigued! Fae, Wraiths, Dragons, bride hunts, court back stabbing, and secrets! Zemira has a journey ahead of her and Keir has his work cut out for him! I’m thrilled about this new series!!
A
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review for "The dreamer" by Meg Anne

I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book ;) I feel like I need to start this short review with a little bit of an explanation… ;) this novella is the prequel to a spin-off series… so first, we had The chosen series, all about a group of characters, each book connected to one another, but the big story arch ended in those four installments… next we have The keepre’s series, which is a spin-off from that previous story, centering around some secondary c
Ola Adamska
Thorns and Crowns by Mat Sage - 5 stars
SHEA GOT HER PREQUEL! Yes! Its A shortie... But I really liked The way Her path was presented and that I could care what had happened before CoS! Prequels are always fun when Series is Great and you want to know everything about characters!

Fallen by Raye Wagner - 4 stars
This is completely New Series. This starter set up The whole World and what is going to happen (or what I think will happen ) in book 2.
There are secrets, magik, Love, hate, some kind of dar
Deissy
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A mixture of short fantasy entertaining novellas!
Raye wagner
Fallen
A prequel to a new series! Two sisters Disa and Zuyana on different paths! Disa falls in love with the good brother Zivrune Zuyana for the evil one: Zerone. The one that wants to rule and kill Disa. Apparently Disa has alot of magic power that she doesn’t even know and he is craving it at all costs! Zivrune steps up and try’s the only thing he can do to save her...pleads for her to run. Run and hide until is safe. It was heartfelt
Atlanta Whitlock
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you have read The Chosen Series by Meg Anne, then you are seriously going to want to get your hands on this book. The Dreamer is part of a series which is a spin off from The Chosen, so if you really enjoyed reading those books, then this is the book for you. I have always loved Meg’s writing because it is so unique and special, it’s not something that you see every day and plus, Meg can put her own spin on pretty much everything that she creates. Yet again, this book is an example of how tru ...more
Pam Foster
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really fun blend of great novellas!

This is a wonderful anthology full of great stories by some authors I love and some who are new to me. I’ve chosen three to review.
Disowned by MJ Haag is a fascinating story of fairytale lore woven with magic, adventure and love. I loved Margaret she’s a wonderfully written character with great charisma and although this is a novella it reads like a novel with loads of depth to the story and characters. I’m so happy the author chose to write this a prequel to
Shawn
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These prequels are awesome.

I have yet to read the entire anthology yet. So far she few I have read are all awesome.

Disowned by M.I Haag 5 stars. Margaret stands up for self and becomes the person she wants to be not the person her family expects her to be against her will. Filled with magic, deceit and treachery. Some surprising twists. I can't wait to read more in this awesome world.. This book has me captivated from the first page. And can't wait to read the future tails of this world!!

Fallen
Jeannie
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The anthology, “Of Thrones and Crowns” has a some great creative books in it. “Disowned” by author, M.J. Haag is a fabulous twist on the standard fairytales. A prequel story about Margaret and her adventures. Margaret is a strong, independent character and will fight for what she believes in. Much happens to her and her story which leads into a new series, Tales of Cinder and Snow. I really liked this new world M.J. Haag has created. The characters are so creative and spark to life. You really f ...more
Candyce Kirk
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read and reviewed The Dreamer by Meg Anne.

The Dreamer has me very excited! I loved The Chosen series and Effie was a favorite character of mine. I was excited when the author announced there would be a series about her. The Dreamer is our first glimpse into this new series.
Kieran is a prince, but doesn't always fit to his father standards. He's been having dreams since he can remember and in this story he finds out things that will turn his life upside down. All Kieran can think about is the g
P
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a Box Set of Series preludes - and Wow, they’re all really good! Following are my reviews on some of the stories:
*****Thorns and Crowns by May Sage: A really good storyline that ends too soon...
Shea is a powerful high fae who’s been in hiding for the last 10 years, after her power hungry father ordered an assassination on her when she was only 17. But she’s pulled out of hiding when her father initiates a war to take the kingdom from his twin brother. Shea must make big decisions for the
Nikki
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If this cover didn’t grab you right away, then the amazing author line-up definitely should. These stories are full of magic, fantasy, romance, and intrigue. I also loved that I got to be introduced to some new authors I have never read from before.

The series starts you off right away with Thorns and Crowns. I was drawn in immediately by the shocking and devastating background. I loved figuring out how it all tied into the story the more you read on. Plus, Fae! I’m a sucker for any Fae story. I
Raquel
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thorns and Crowns- May Sage
Is Shea’s story and prequel for the Court of Sin series and it was everything I was hoping for and more. Shea is a very strong and mostly cold in the series and this prequel takes you are her path that lead her to become the rulers that she is It’s a great addition to the series. 5 starts!!!

Many of the authors in this anthology are new to me but they sure won’t be for long because I’m definitely looking forward to more. Some of my favorite are Bec McMaster- Theif of Dr
Shelly Wygant
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review is for The Dreamer (A Keepers Prequel) by Meg Anne. Kieran, crown prince of Eatos, has everything. And nothing. As he struggles with a secret he starts too question who he is and his future. This was a short fast paced read. But don't let that fool you it was packed with action, secrets, lies, deceit and longing. Kieran discovers who he is and must make a hard decision. Strong characters that will have you coming back for more.
Nicole Garcia
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
1, 2, 3, 4... I need more!

Anthologies are like crack for a book addict.

Try it. Promise it’ll have better end results than actual drugs. Can’t promise you won’t still need to cope though.

***Disowned***
Another brilliant world from a supernova of an author. I have no idea how she has the creative capacity in her brain but we definitely benefit.

You’ll want this collection of stories for your book hoard...I mean library. So, sorry not sorry 😉
Gretchen Chasse
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great collection of stories by some great authors. My first stop in the collection was Dreamer by Meg Anne, a prequel, this story gives a glimpse at Kieran prince of Eatos and his world. Kieran dreams of Effie, a character we first meet in the Chosen series, but he doesn't understand why. A great start to a new series. I'm a little bias but I love everything that Meg Anne writes and I cannot wait to get more.
R. Murray
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an early arc of Meg Anne's "The Dreamers" for this anthology. I love this author, and I am so in love with this world. The Chosen series is one of my all time favourite so I am was excited to start the next chapter in this world with the spin of series.

I am most certainly going to be reading the rest of this anthology throughout the next months as no doubt all the stories will be right up my street.
Izzybear
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the The Dreamer (A Keepers Prequel) by Meg Anne. It’s a great set up for Kieran and Effie’s story. I’ve been wanting to read more about Effie since she was introduced in The Chosen series. She’s such a strong and wonderful character.
I look forward to reading more about her Kerian in the coming books.
Melissa
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dragons and fae oh my

Thief of Dreams
This is the start to a new Bec McMaster series. Zemira is a wraith, at one time they were unseelie. The Wraith King claims they can have it all back if she steals the Dragon Heart from Prince Keir. Nothing is ever that easy.
This was a great story and I am now anxious for the next. It does end on a pretty big cliff hanger.
Maggie
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For this series, I have read Disowned by Melissa Haag. I give it a 5 of 5, and highly recommend. I intend to read the rest of the series as well. Disowned is creative and hard to put down. It pulls you in, and you will want more!
Joanne Watkins USA
Feb 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Not stand alone stories

I feel so annoyed these are prequels or introductions to stories. They are NOT stand alone as the title suggests. I hate being mislead even for authors I normally like. Write a novella or short story if that is what you’re advertising.
Clarissa Gosling
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have honestly enjoyed all of these stories - I'd struggle to give you a favourite. My main issue with many of them is that these are the first in series and the next isn't published yet!

Jeanna
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved all of the different takes on paranormal stories in this anthology. Discovered some great new authors and enjoyed stories from my old faves.
Alexandra
I liked the first story, Thornes and Crowns, it flowed nicely and made me root for Shea.

The second, Fallen, confused the heck out of me with the many many strange words I couldn't read without stumbling over each and every one... and that abrupt ending. I don't think I'll buy the following book. This irked me too much.

I really enjoyed Bec McMaster's story "Thief of Dreams" and directly got on her newsletter list so I will know when the sequel is out. I hope I won't have to wait long!

The fourth
Jan 28, 2019
Suzi
Mar 04, 2019
Melanie Schuler
Got this anthology simply for one author who was a part of this with one story. Only really interested in that and not the others. Enjoyed that story and now ready for the continuation. Will not really be reading any of the others.
Jenna
Jan 31, 2019
Once Upon A Time, there was a little girl who just loved telling her own stories. Fast-forward about seventeen years? Not a lot of change, there.

My mother's collection of novels extends to three rooms, the stepfather who raised me writes awesome short stories: really, I didn't have a choice, I caught a bug.

I absolutely love writing, and I thought it was past time I shared some of my work.

Right