Start by marking “Strong Suit” as Want to Read:
Strong Suit

Strong Suit

From the day he meets her in the conference room, Noah has his sights set on Ginny. But he'll need to pull out all the stops to win her over in this delightful office romance short story from #1 NYT bestselling author Lauren Blakely!
Published January 23rd 2019 by Little Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about Strong Suit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strong Suit

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
Cute little shorty.
I expected more. Longer. It ends before their first date - we'll see that in Birthday Suit - but I wouldn't have minded a complete book - Noah is sooo adorable!!!

Andrea Fleury
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute and short

I actually liked this book better then the first one called the birthday suit. I loved Ginny and Noah and there connection.
Christy Bailey
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute!

This was a very quick cute read. Noah and Ginny are so adorable together. I love how Noah doesn't give up on what he wants!
Kim
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I loved Noah and Ginny in Birthday Suit. This short gives us a sneak peek into the wanna be courtship of the younger, vibrant, charming, sexy, flirty Noah Rivera, and the older, more cautious, single mom, Ginny.

Noah is nothing if not persistent and he is determined to win her over somehow. Ginny is going to try hard to resist his charms and find his faults, but Noah is one charismatic and determined man. This short tease leads into Birthday Suit, but can be read as a short stand-alone as well.
Heroesinbooks
4 Ginny and Noah Stars

I've already read Birthday Suit where we catch up with Ginny and Noah so this was a little glimpse of how they began flirting. It's sweet, romantic and fun. I would love a book about just them.
HEA? No because this is a prequel
Cheating? No
Coco.V
Jan 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (1/25/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
From the day he meets her in the conference room, Noah has his sights set on Ginny. But he'll need to pull out all the stops to win her over.
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I grabbed the book free on Kindle and enjoyed it but wanted more, then I listened to the audiobook at the end of The Feel Good Factor and loved it again! Lauren, PLEASE write their story!
Shannon
3.5*

This was a cute little bonus, but I was hoping it would be an "after" story. I didn't realize it was going to be the start of things between Noah and Ginny- I guess I was expecting we would be seeing what happened with them during, or even after, Birthday Suit. I'd love to see a full length novel for them, or at least a novella, I do love a good older woman/younger man story.
Rochelle
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
i loved this story. This is a prequel to Birthday Suit. So this was a nice way to see how Ginny and Noah got to where they were in Birthday Suit. If you are looking for a quick read, this is it. Maybe a full length novel for these two, hint, hint, lol
Mel
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read, novella, lol
4 “Satisfaction is coming” stars!

Strong Suit brings us an developing romance between a single mom and a charming, sexy guy ten-years her junior. They appear to have nothing in common but as they from a friendship we see a spark flicker to life.

Ginny is working hard to provide for her daughter. She doesn’t want a guy who is immature and will leave her high and dry. She’s been there before and she won’t go there again. Thankfully, Noah isn’t the kind of man to toy with her. He is charming, sweet,
Maria Naydenova
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was ok

I really loved this couple in Birthday Suit and the way it was portrayed by Joe Arde ad Erin Mallon. So I was eager to get into their story thinking we would get to see more of how their relationship evolved after the other book. Unfortunately, I can’t say this story lived up to my expectations. It was in a period of time preceding Birthday Suit and I can’t say the story interested me at all. I know it was short free story and it wasn’t supposed to be anything special, but I didn’t fe
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
Resisting hot young things...NOT!
Ginny is a strong, independent single mom who is in no need of a man to support her in any way possible... then Noah Rivera waltzes into her company and he piques her interest in so many ways. His youth (she does have a "thing" for hot younger men!), his persistence, his oddball humor, his zest for life, his huge heart... all these qualities have her begging for more of him. A cute, flirty and extremely playful romance begins to unfold in this prequel novella by
Diane Holtry
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: purchased
This prequel to Birthday Suit was .. ok
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something that caught me and really made me want to read the next book
It certainly didn't knock my socks off; there's lots flirting but with some hesitation.
This is an age gap romance.
The stage is definitely set for wooing to ensue in the next book.

Birthday suit ➜ https://amzn.to/2Jvw2Cj
Tre Talbot
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.7 we gets a glimpse into Noah and Ginny’s relationship as co-workers and friends that have that “will they/won’t they” become more vibes. Going in knowing this is just a short add on story I still wish there was a little more to it. I will be checking out Birthday Suit in the future to see where things are heading and what these two have been up to.
Monique V
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
So cute
Danielle Frisinger
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good quick read

This is a quick read. I enjoyed reading it. The story 9f Ginny and Noah. Good quick read must read.
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun little novella that goes along with Birthday Suit.
Aneesah
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hopefully these people will just be secondary or tertiary characters in another story because I was NOT moved by either of them enough to feel that they were worthy of their own book. Nope, hard pass.
litljen
Strong Suit is a super short follow up to Birthday Suit starring Ginny and Noah, two characters we first met in that book. I loved reading more about these two dynamic characters! Noah is hilarious and I was so hoping he'd win over the sweet but protective Ginny. The flirty banter, the adorable interactions---I loved it all! Thank you Lauren Blakely for giving us a peek into their obvious attraction and connection---it was perfect!

*Note: Birthday Suit should be ready prior to Strong Suit. This
Jane
Noah, the main male character is young, teasing and came across as immature in many ways. Ginny is ten years older than Noah, a single mother and a weak character that knows having a relationship with a much younger guy is asking for trouble. She debates back and forth about wanting to be with him or not...

The story starts with a problem. Noah wants to date Ginny and Ginny is attracted to him but resisting. Then it ends with no date, just a maybe from Ginny in a cliffhanger with the encouragemen
All Booked Out
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The fun flirty couple !

I adored Noah in Birthday Suit, his personality is infectious. If you haven’t read that yet, read this then go get that and you’re in for a treat as you get Ginny and Noah’s romance continuing as background characters with Lulu and Leo.

But this, such a fun pick me up, made me smile on a cold January evening and in true Lauren style had some good old fashioned heat in there too.
Denise
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You have peeked my interest

Oh my what a way to start. My first in reading about younger man older woman usually it's the other way around when I read a book but this one.....

Noah is sweet, funny all the yummy things a man should have but bring a single mom has its challenges so I can understand why Ginny is cautious. One bitten twice shy and all that.

Cant wait to see how Noah is going to chase Ginny and break down those walls.
J.E. Benoit
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you read Birthday Suit (or if you plan on reading it) you should check out this cute little "prequel"! It features a little back story on Noah and Ginny who are secondary characters in that book, who also have their own love story unfold alongside Leo and Lulu. It's a quick read and, much like all Lauren Blakely books, a lot of fun!
Pamela Lilley
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet story following Noah and Ginny from Birthday Suit as Noah pursues Ginny, and Ginny puts a stop to his advances because of the 10 year age difference. A cute well written, way too short story that I hope the author eventually develops into a full length novel, because these two are too cute. Super quick enjoyable read.
Lynn
Apr 08, 2019 added it
Color me disappointed. Fair warning, this is not a short story or novella like I thought. It is a snippet of a story to try and get you interested in characters so you buy a book where they have a smaller side plot. I feel cheated! I know it was free but I thought it had a resolution. Nope! It just cuts off before anything really much develops and tells you to read another book to get the resolution. I wish that had been clear in the description.
Jackie
Ginny is a 35 year old single mother who finds herself flirting helplessly with new hire and younger guy Noah Rivera.

This is an effortless, oh so short span of time introducing two people who are in the beginning stages of what could be a seriously perfect relationship.
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
Sweet novella

This was a cute novella of Jenny and Noah. I enjoyed reading them in Birthday Suit. They need their own full length novel.
MountainKat
Short and sweet! Definitely need to read Birthday Suit though.
Jenny
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
That's it?!

3.5.
Very cute and sweet but I thought it would be more :( Sadly disappointed for the lack of more plot than "read on" in a book I already read. Boo.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Renaissance Man
  • Montana Christmas (Montana, #3)
  • Echoes of Summer (Seasons of Love, #1)
  • The Cabin (Books One, Two, Three & Four)
  • Wild Ride (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • Crushed (Slammed, #2)
  • Riptide (Renegades, #6)
  • Tell Me You Crave Me (Search and Seduce #3)
  • Wicked Games (McCade Brothers, #1.5)
  • Kevin & Chelsea (Gansett Island Episodes #2; Gansett Island, #18)
  • Tempting Brooke (Big Sky, #2.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #90)
  • His to Take (Out of Uniform, #3.5)
  • A Very Alpha Christmas
  • Shoulda Been a Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #0.5)
  • Apples Should Be Red
  • Walking on Sunshine (Seasons of Love #1)
  • The Goodreads Killer
  • Full Disclosure (Real Estate Relations, #1)
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely. ...more
“Maybe someday, then, for the two of you.” “Maybe someday,” I echo. After Lulu leaves, Noah walks over, clears his throat, and hands me a paper airplane. This one seems” 0 likes