Start by marking “End of Lies” as Want to Read:
End of Lies

End of Lies

To safeguard his family, a retired spy becomes a deadly hunter
Russia interferes in the run-up to the 2016 presidential election. A North Korea nuke is on the loose in the US compliments of China. The right-wing deep state plots a coup d’état under the direction of an anonymous emperor-in-waiting.

Burned out CIA cryptanalyst Bob Nolan is on the trail of Higher Love and its s
Published March 18th 2019 by Bradley West

To ask other readers questions about End of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about End of Lies

Start your review of End of Lies
Ivan
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the final installment (probably but see below) in the Countless Lies series (1200+ pages in all). I have read and enjoyed the previous two books to the extent I offered a publisher SOL to be translated in my native language and I even did the translation. The books are very different in style, content and size. But let me focus on EOL without revealing too much. In contrast to what happened before, this one is set in the US. Nolan is engaged on two fronts – he has to unravel a plot again ...more
Andrew Jordan
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I devoured the first two books in the "Countless Lies" series and "End of Lies" was no exception. Once again, I found myself unable to put the book down, reading it in three sittings. (Tip: don’t read this book at bedtime, you’ll never get any sleep.) Like the earlier books, "End of Lies" is meticulously researched, and the complicated, weaving and turning plots stand up to fact-checking scrutiny. Bradley West has more than delivered again, and the icing on the cake is that a fourth book is plan ...more
Muwaffaq
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely my favourite of the three books. Mr West has done an excellent job of crafting a fast paced and gripping piece of writing. The action is as crisp as the dialogue and after a brief introduction of the characters the story zips along, jumping from location to location and sub plot to sub plot but never losing its' narrative focus or me as a reader. There is never a dull moment and although the pace is frenetic the characters are still very well written and believable. All in all ...more
Jeevan William
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A rompin' stompin' knuckle clenching ride, anti-hero Bob Nolan returns for his best performance yet!
A tightly woven and very plausible, contemporary plot that leaves the reader wondering "hmmm, just what if...."- the hallmark of a first class political thriller. Meticulously researched and detailed, the "Lies" series gets better with every book. Keep 'em coming - we need more of Bob Nolan !
Helmut Krenn
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With the "End Of Lies", author Bradley West delivered the best work of the "Countless Lies" series.
So far, this includes three very exciting and entertaining books (much required).
It is hoped that another sequel will not be long in coming.

Helmut Krenn
Mike
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read all three books. All had quite involved plots and characters that keep the reader focused. For me, the third book was the best of all. After about the first three chapters, the books draws you on and I found myself always reading, “just one more chapter”. Finished in three days. Really enjoyed the book.
Robert
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All great things must come to end I guess. I've been a fan since the initial instalment of this trilogy (Sea of Lies), so somewhat sad to reach the conclusion :( Nevertheless, this final instalment is a jam packed with the usual adrenaline inducing action, intrigue and wit. At risk of being a spoiler, I was pleased to see the Nolan family being together at the end (ah, but to what end I'll leave you guessing!). The cast of supporting characters never ceases to entertain the reader, in particular ...more
Pasan
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A classic 'must have' in the fiction corner of my collection at eye-level.
You know it's a good one if it leaves you with the question 'shoot ... could it be what really happened?' ... for sure this beats it cause you end up convinced!

The typical Bradley West detail, every step of the way, made living in the shoes of a modern day spy a virtual reality. For the same reason, movie scripting is almost a secretarial job.

So wish this wasn't the last in the series.
Can't wait for the paperback!
Jim
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy in return for a fair review. The author demonstrated his deep knowledge of exotic Asia in Sea of Lies and Pack of Lies, but End of Lies takes place in more familiar California, Washington DC, Texas. Compelling, clever and creative storylines make the third book the most entertaining, fastest-paced and thought-provoking of the series.
Neil Payne
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant book in the series. Fast paced but still with a great sense of detail. Some of the narrative in the action scenes is outstanding, I felt right in the middle of it. I felt this book was easier to read than the previous two but still with plenty of intrigue.
Jonathan
Nov 11, 2020
Chris Furness
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Conspiracy Fiction Author, Brad West, delivers again on his 3rd Bob Nolan action thriller; unrelentless in the pace and set in America, Bob and his assorted coterie of loyal friends and gunslingers have to stay ahead of the bullets and machinations of the hidden state and drug barons while avoiding the Police who want him for questioning given the mayhem that is left in their wake. Will they be able to save the country from a nuclear bomb and the overthrow of democracy.

Got an advance copy but c
Andrew Miller
Jun 13, 2019
Bob
Nov 22, 2020
Bradley West
Jan 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Teo Xiao Ming
Oct 07, 2019
Silvy
Jan 27, 2020
The last book (?) in the series 2 4 Dec 02, 2019 09:06AM

• Optimize Your Immune System: Create Health and Resilience with a Kitchen Pharmacy
  • Every Last Secret
  • Here After
  • Sorry Can't Save You
  • Jagged Edge (An Edge Malone Thriller #1)
  • Black Frost (Emma Frost #13)
  • Her Darkest Fear
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • NEST: Retribution: An Alivia Morgan Story
  • The Conspiracy: Episode 1 (CID Case #1)
  • Not Dead Yet (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #7)
  • Backwater
  • Tooting Moon (Dusty Kent #5)
  • The House Mate
  • Book Of Secrets (Vital Secrets #1)
  • Vengeful Games (Bad Games #2)
  • Hellbent (Bad Games #3)
  • Beneath the Surface (Sam Lawson #2)
I've been blogging and writing full-time since 2014. After the Countless Lies trilogy concluded in 2019 with End of Lies, I took a year off as the sinister activities and mysteries on offer didn’t fuel my conspirator’s imagination. Starting in the second quarter of 2020, Singapore shut down along with most of the rest of the world. The combination of Covid-19’s unclear origins and a hermit’s lifes ...more

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...
“You are an embarrassment, Bob. A dead hero resurrected and tried for murder is a political nightmare in an election year. Come to China with me. If you do not like it, leave and reunite with your family. Just stay out of the US.”
“Is this you talking, or Payne?”
“It is common sense. America and you are finished.”
“I just want the lies to end,” Nolan said.
“Nonsense, it is the lies that keep us going.”
0 likes