Start by marking “Too Much Love to Hide (Summer Lake Seasons, #2)” as Want to Read:
Too Much Love to Hide (Summer Lake Seasons, #2)

Too Much Love to Hide

(Summer Lake Seasons #2)

You can hide from your past, you can hide from your future—but can you ever hide from love?

He’s spent the last ten years hiding from his past. That’s meant staying on the move, never settling in any place for too long, and never letting anyone get too close.

Summer Lake is different, it’s a place he doesn’t want to move on from. His job as a pilot means he’s away half the t
Published February 22nd 2019 by Xenion, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Too Much Love to Hide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Much Love to Hide

Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second in SJ McCoy’s Summer Lake Season’s Series, this book could be read as a stand-alone, but I have to admit I’d recommend you read ALL of SJ’s other stuff to date as you’d get a much richer experience as you’d recognise loads of characters.
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a fair review (I’d already pre-ordered the book anyway!)
As the title suggests we are returning to Summer Lake and while focusing mainly on ‘newer’ characters i.e. not the original characters from SJ’s fi
Laurie Louis
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally we get to read the story of Zack and Maria. I’ve wondered for several books what he was hiding and now I know. I spent the entire book on pins and needles waiting to see the outcome. I didn’t want the book to end but I did want to know what was gonna happen.

The chemistry between Zack and Maria was evident from the beginning of the book. One of my favorite parts of the book was when Zack finally admitted his feels to Maria and was ready to get his life back. My second favorite part was th
Karen Lambert-sykes
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This is the second book in SJ McCoy’s Summer Lake Season’s Series, this book could be read as a stand-alone, or as part of the summer lake series where you get to meet all the residents throughout the books which I highly recommend.

This is the story of Zack and Maria who have made appearances in various previous books in the series it’s always been hinted that zack has a past that he’s hiding from and we finally get his story.

Due to the secrets Zack has he was never keen to get involved but his
Becky Claxon
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book by Ms. McCoy! I have wondered about Zack’s story in previous books, I was glad to find out his story in this book. Maria is such a positive, beautiful woman. I’m so jealous of the wonderful friendship all the women have in Summer Lake. I felt bad that Maria has had a crush on Luke for awhile, but he wouldn’t let their relationship go past friendship. I was so glad to see that Zack couldn’t hold back his feelings for Maria any longer. I couldn’t believe that Maria wasn’t mo ...more
Michelle Pierce
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was another great book from SJ McCoy. Zack and Maria have been friends but both wanted more, however Zack has a past that could be dangerous to Maria and he didn’t want to get too close to put her in danger. I really enjoyed watching these two progress from friends to more. There were a few times while I was reading this that I was on the edge of my seat, wondering what was going to happen next. But Manny and his team were on the job to help bring everything to an end and Zack finally got t ...more
Orla
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second instalment of the Summer Lake Season’s series has not disappointed. We have been waiting to read Zack’s story and it was worth the wait. SJ McCoy has built this mysterious character over the Summer Lake Silver story of Clay and Marianne as well as the first SL Seasons book with Luke and Angel.
We were not sure what to expect with his background and air of danger persona but he came through as a fierce honest loveable man who is perfect for Maria. Maria has been waiting in the wings fo
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zack is a pilot who is away a lot, but is happy when he is home in Summer Lake. Due to having issues from his past he has always been very secretive about himself. Maria is a lovable and bubbly character who has always had feeling for Zack but thought that he just saw them as friends. When they both reach a point where they cannot deny their feelings any more, secrets start to come out. No spoilers; this is an absolute must read, you will not be disappointed. This is a beautifully written story ...more
Jamie Rhodes
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For SJ book lovers, welcome back to the lake. Zack's backstory is one that we have wondered about for a while. This book has a bit of mystery in it. SJ makes you work for answers. The reader will want to keep reading to find out what exactly is going on with Zack. This is part of a series, and I think it best if you read the others as well. SJ introduces us to a whole new set of characters. Readers of the original Summer Lake series, will be happy to see a few of their favorite characters make a ...more
Carolyne Wood
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an Arc copy of this book for an honest review.
Zack and Maria.
All their friends thought they were meant for each other, but it never seemed to happen, until one day it did!
Zack is a pilot who’s appeared in previous books, as has Maria who lives and works in Summer lake, they’ve been friends but have both longed for so much more, but With Zacks secretive past and Laura being unsure of his feelings it never seemed likely to happen, until finally things start developing between them, but
Anne Peverett
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book keeps you waiting and wanting to find things out and to know the reasons why. It's one where it really all is well that ends well. I have one problem with Sj's books and that is you are always wanting to read another. This was set with some of the lake books but it is just a season as it is not like the initial summer lake and I cannot wait until we meet the whole lakeside people again. Perhaps we will not but then again worth a wait. Zach is not like Luke it is hard to imagine two dif ...more
alfawolf1
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zach and Maria's story was short and sweet, but full of love, mystery and drama. Zach's past has finally caught up to him. He's hidden his love for Maria too long. He can't hide it anymore, but it could put Maria in danger. In the end, love and justice prevail. It was great to see all the other Summer Lake friends too.

Note: language warning, in case you aren't familiar with SJ McCoy's books.

Too Much Love to Hide
Hsu Lee
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
It was a great book!
Maria thought that Zack only saw her as a "friend."
She had resigned herself to that role, or so she thought.
Zack tried to keep things simple to avoid the pain.
With Maria, he is not so sure anymore.
He started to think that he wants a future w/ her.
Will Zack give love a chance ?
Loved the characters + the storytelling!
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
I can't wait for
Nicole R Skapik
Romance and Action Packed

Nothing in this book could disappoint. The love story is a true testament of trust and faith. Dealing with someone's past can be hard, but Maria helps Zack put the past where it belongs...in the past! This book will transport you to the lake and all it's beauty. You also catch up with some many lives couples from past books. There is nothing bad to say about Too Much Love to Hide.
C
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can always count on enjoying a McCoy book, she just keeps on delivering.

Luke and Marie, a great story with a few added twists. I've been reading McCoy's books for a few years and they just keep getting better. I love the characters, the settings and knowing that any time I pick up one of her books that I'll be able to settle in and enjoy! Become friends with Luke, Maria and the rest of the gang; you'll be happy you did.
Nikki Stark
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg SJ has done it again :) I am in love with this series just like all the rest.... I truly can get enough of Summer Lake... I love it there and can’t wait for the next book ;) I love the twists in this book that aren’t normally in her books but I think that made it even better... I love how Zach’s past finally came out and was dealt with in the end :)
Judy Rowen
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book to keep the Summer Lake stories on your mind! S J McCoy is a fabulous storyteller.

S J McCoy is just a wonderful storyteller. Love her books. It is so easy to get lost in the comfort of this small town with these wonderful people!
I can’t wait to see what’s next,

RICHARD LEWIS
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Summer Lake Love

I loved this book! It was absolutely outstanding! The characters were so real lifelike and so well developed in the story that you felt you knew them personally. The plot was great and kept me reading well into the night more than once. Please keep up the good work. Love your books!
Linda
Regan Pierce
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SJ McCoy knocks it out of the park again

Another great book. Zach has a past he’s keeping secret. Maria wants to be his future. When Zack realizes that he can no longer keep his heart hidden from the woman he loves, he has to make a stand. You’re going to love the courage and strength of this relationship and how they find that love is the greatest motivation.
Ashley
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Friends to Lovers while danger lurks. Zack has a dangerous past and he wants to keep everyone safe, Maria has like Zack for so long but Zack won’t take that next step. Can they build something marvellous while danger lurks, can they stop the danger before it destroys them both. Another amazing book.
Robin Geary
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by SJ McCoy. This time we bring together Zack and Maria finally. Maria is a strong independent woman with a crazy crush on Zack. Zack likes Maria but he's got secrets he needs to hide but can't fight his feelings any longer. This was hinted in others stories. You will get to hear his story at last. Can they survive? I have read an advanced copy in exchange for honest review.
J M ANSLOW
Another great story!

Another wonderful episode in the Summer Lake series, once read these stories make you want to read all the others. Would recommend all these books for anyone who likes romance with a twist, action, excitement and continuity in one package!
Beverly
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

Well these books just get better and better. This was more intriguing and exciting than some but with a more deadly undercurrent which kept me on my toes. As always thank you SJ hugs xx
Veronica Mostel
Omg

Wow this book was amazing. This whole series is amazing. From the beginning. Every one of them. I loved how they are all connected. This one was no different. They new each other and had feelings for each other. He wanted to protect her. Love got in the way. Great book
Sheri
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book from SJ. I wasn’t sure I Like Zack because of how secretive he was but after reading his story I love him. It’s always nice to go back to the lake and read about a new couple. Maria is sweet and strong and makes a perfect match. They are a perfect couple.
Mom
Luke & Maria

Wow.. I COULDN'T put this book down. It had me laughing, and on the edge of my seat.. I absolutely am never disappointed when I read any of SJ's books.. Please read-you won't be disappointed... Wow.. another great story...💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
Kris
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot and steamy love story! A little bit of mystery and all of the supporting cast we’ve come to know and love make SJ McCoy’s latest offering a must read! Thoroughly enjoying this new Summer Lake Seasons series!
Cecly Ann
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I waited forever to read Zack's story and I was NOT disappointed. The plot was as per usual well woven. The pace of the novel was off a bit, but then again, authors are human and can have an off day. Another ten star read from SJ
Jodi Vickers-Buntin
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zack has a mysterious past that doesn't stop Maria from getting involved with him . I love that there is always a little catching up with the gang in all the books. Could read alone , but definitely reccomend reading all the summer lake books . SJ has done it again ! You wont be disappointed
Mary Jane McLeod
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just wow, I loved Zack and Maria's story. It has romance, suspense, and some action. It left me saying wow and with a smile.
I received this book for free but truly loved it and voluntarily leave my review.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please update cover 3 14 Feb 12, 2019 01:50PM
Hi, I'm SJ. A coffee addict, lover of chocolate and drinker of good red wines. I'm a lost soul and a hopeless romantic. Reading and writing are necessary parts of who I am. Though perhaps not as necessary as coffee! I can drink coffee without writing, but I can't write without coffee.

I grew up loving romance novels, my first boyfriends were book boyfriends, but life intervened, as it tends to do,

Summer Lake Seasons (2 books)
  • Take These Broken Wings (Summer Lake Seasons, #1)