Start by marking “Shattered Shield (Cole Cameron #1)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Shield (Cole Cameron #1)

Shattered Shield

(Cole Cameron #1)

Terrorism looms in this international thriller as a jaded CIA Officer must stop a terrorist unit with destructive designs on the United States. Cole Cameron is drawn into the corporate espionage scheme of a former CIA colleague when a research center in Tucson Arizona is attacked, setting in motion a string of terrifying events. But when Cameron finds himself drawn to FBI ...more
Published January 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Shield, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Shield

Start your review of Shattered Shield (Cole Cameron #1)
Ian Miller
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The good. Mays has come up with a genuinely suspenseful plot and with one reservation below, he has executed it well. Cameron Cole is a CIA officer who believes he is underappreciated, then he is put in charge of an unexpected break-in of a research place near the Mexican border that happens to have VX. I was under the impression that the CIA was not supposed to operate within the US, but what do I know? Anyway, who cares? Cole is recently divorced, his wife wants to sell the house he loves, as ...more
John Keiley
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intoxicating

I t was my number one priority. I read it when I went to bed and when I woke up. I read it during wait times whoever, and off and on during the day. The story was so exciting and the characters so strong that there was just no lull. I started recommending it to my friends and family even during the early chapters!
Grady
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One terrific espionage thriller!

Georgia author Camden Mays makes a striking writing debut with SHATTERED SHIELD, the first in a series of novels of the Cole Cameron Thrillers.

One of the many aspects of this novel that makes it an enthralling read is the author’s ability to create credible characters whose personalities and challenges blossom fully while enacting a very well crafted plot. There is an ongoing fascination with tales about the CIA and FBI in both television dramas and films, and
Amanda
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review-2019
Though action/espionage and terrorism type thrillers are not my go to fiction genre, I gave Shattered Shield the good old college try, I really did. This is book one of the Cole Cameron Thriller Series by Camden Mays. Mays created a fairly realistic plot, characters readers could invest in and managed to write dialogue in an organic manner that is difficult for some writers. What I'm saying is, the negative I am about to expound on is not due to an untalented author.

First, as I stated before,
KarynH
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shattered Shield: Cole Cameron Thriller Series Book 1

“The heat of the day gave way to the cool of the night” – this line tells a lot more than just a mere statement of the facts. Some of us in the desert region can certainly relate to this. The book opens up with an idea that we are very much aware of which is migration, border control and a whole lot of events around it.
This is what I call a good story. A story that brings us closer to our own environment, easy to read and understand. A truly
Katherine Hebert
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Action packed

Shattered Shield is the action packed story of how Cole Cameron’s life is falling apart at the same time he gets caught up in a secret CIA espionage event. Throughout the whole novel, you get the impression that Cole is a good guy at heart; he just has really bad things that are jading him (like his divorce). The action scenes were detailed enough to get me invested, and I appreciate the romance angle that played out as well (especially considering how his home life played into his
Kimmie
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing story. This was well written and well researched this story could be made into a TV movie. It's a Wonderful story about an agent who his literally been put through hell and his daughter who's been through more in how he is Found Love along the way it was a good book I would recommend it to others who are in love with crime dramas. The things that happen to cameron and whay hos jess was put through show how atrong they are. Hope there ate more books about them.
judi newman
Tim
Mar 10, 2019
Rebecca
Nail biter

This book was insanely hard to put down because I started reading and got really interested in it. I realized that little by little I was becoming more and more engrossed by the story. There is a really good plot and really good characters that really make the story what it is. It was an absolute joy to read this book.
Philip J. Mumm
Feb 24, 2019
John Andersen
Feb 25, 2019
Camden Mays
Feb 28, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Igrowastreesgrow
Aug 01, 2019
Jett McGuire
Oct 05, 2019

• The Chemist
  • Headshot (Jack Hunter #1)
  • Ciphers (King & Slater #3)
  • Cut Reality
  • The Silver Lining of Cancer: 13 Courageous Women Share their Inspirational Stories After a Life Changing Diagnosis
  • Trail of Evil: A Cale Van Waring Adventure (The Chemist Series Book 2)
  • Do Good To Lead Well: The Science And Practice Of Positive Leadership
  • Journey to the West Valley Wall
  • PARAHAN: The Earth we live on has been an Imprisonment System
  • The Dar Lumbre Chronicles
  • The Amaryllis
  • Flagstaff Station (Thaddeus Murfee Legal Thrillers #11)
  • Termination Order (Team Reaper Thriller #3)
  • Deep Threat (Billy Beckett Book 1)
  • EMPIRE PALADIN: Realm of the Dead
  • Blood Rush (Team Reaper Thriller #4)
  • Apex (Crucible #3)
  • Short Stories III: Strange, Weird & Sci-Fi
Camden Mays is the pen name for the author of the Cameron Cole thriller series. An avid fan of nail-biting suspense and globe-trotting spies, he loves creating characters who walk the thin line between humility and fearlessness. He finds the most fascinating stories to be those where an everyday person is placed in extraordinary circumstances and rises to the challenge.

He lives in Atlanta, Georgia

Cole Cameron (2 books)
  • The Lion's Prey (Cole Cameron #2)