Start by marking “Winter’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #17.5)” as Want to Read:
Winter’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #17.5)

Winter’s Web

(Elemental Assassin #17.5)

An assassin at a renaissance faire. What could possibly go wrong? Everything, if you’re the Spider . . .

I might be Gin Blanco, aka the assassin the Spider, but even I need a break from the bad guys every now and then. So when Owen Grayson, my significant other, suggests a trip to the Winter’s Web Renaissance Faire, it sounds like a perfect distraction from all my problem
Published March 12th 2019 by Jennifer Estep

To ask other readers questions about Winter’s Web, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter’s Web

Steven
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was a fun Ren Faire romp, and was the perfect length. No filler, just fun.
Douglas Meeks
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our beloved assassin at a renaissance faire. What could possibly go wrong? Well this story is basically like most of the stories in this series except the crooks seem to be a bit more stupid and a little nutso but that won’t save them when they try to hurt Owen, Gin becomes angry when that happens and the bad guys really won’t like her when she gets angry. If you love the series (I do) you will love this story (I did) and since I did and since she packed this story into only about 80 pages this ...more
Kathy Davie
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
A short story, 17.5, in the Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series and revolving around Gin Blanco, a barbecue chef, an assassin, and queen of the Ashland, North Carolina, underworld. If you're interested, there is a chronological listing of the Elemental Assassin books on my website.

"Winter's Web" also appears in Amanda Bouchet's Seasons of Sorcery anthology.

My Take
It's all from Gin's perspective as Estep uses first person protagonist point-of-view, as Gin scrambles to figure out what that i
Nancy Brady
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-read, e-book
Renaissance faire with a twist

A novella starring the incomparable Gin Blanco and her merry band of FInn, Bria, and Owen in costumes at a Renaissance festival. But nothing is carefree or innocent in Ashland as Gin soon finds out.

Princesses and pirates, swashbuckling and swords are all a lure for something more sinister.

A quick read with all the humor, kickass fighting, and dark fun, this reader expects from the one of Jennifer Estep. She never disappoints.
Marsha
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After all of these years, I still love the Elemental Assassin series. One of the things I enjoy is that Ms. Estep is astute enough to know that her fans need a little 'Gin' while waiting for the next installment in the series and that is why the novellas are so great. "Winter's Web" is a short but sweet read about the gang's experience at a biannual Renaissance Faire known as Winter's Web.

Owen Grayson won some tickets from his accountant, Darrell to the faire. He and the gang must dress up and G
Judi S.
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I love Jennifer Estep. Have since the first time I picked up the first book in this series (which by the way was back before Kindle!). I have also never given her a 1-2 star review, and I won't do so now. I admire her abilities too much to ever do that.

However, and this is a big however, this book shouldn't have been written. It was unnecessary and felt as if she ran it off quickly just to get it out of the way. Which she should never need to do. I don't know what the hurry for a novella was, bu
Gilbert Stack
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Winter’s Web is a quick short story about Jenifer Estep’s Elemental Assassin, Gin. I have only read the first few books of the series but it was easy to pick up what was going on. Gin is still full of self-confidence and attitude and the boyfriend she picked up after cop, Donovan Caine, left town is still with her. They are going to a Renaissance Festival called Winter’s Web to try and forget their problems for a while. But, something about the way people keep staring at Gin has her somewhat par ...more
Jayda
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Amy Braun
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was definitely one of the darker and sexier novellas in Gin Blanco's world, but it was also an Owen-centric story, which you'll never find me complaining about! The story starts of fun, but quickly turns bleak and dangerous, and brings out the true ruthlessness of its characters. And that includes the main characters (looking at you, Owen. I still love you, but... yikes).

Still, it's always great to see Gin Blanco and her friends beating up bad guys, and you better believe that nobody messe
Theresa
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gin and gang dress up to attend a local renaissance faire where for once Gin isn’t the target.

The Elemental Assassin stories are always good and even though this is short it doesn't disappoint.

Footnote: 1) I went to a renaissance faire with my family once. It was a lot of fun until I got lost in the crowds. Lol.

2) Those twice-baked potatoes made me hungry. Yum!

Fave scenes: Bria: the Princess Penelope and the rickety old hayloft.
melissa
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I adore this series (well, except for some of the repetitious wording for sounds and whatnot, hence knocked down to 4).

Fun little Ren Faire romp, but heaven forbid they actually just get a day of fun. For once though, it's not about someone targeting Gin.
Connie Garcia
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Winters web

Yet another wonderful book!! Any book Jennifer Estep writes is a book I want to read. Her books are always a fabulous story you want to curl up to on relaxing winters night. Every time I finish a book I am sad because I have to wait for another book to come out.
Noelle
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good but not as good as the novels

I wish you'd continue the black Blade series. And I love the Elemental Assassin series but it seems to take longer and longer for new books to come out. Your stories are very creative and different from others out there. I enjoy them very much.
Annora F
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfection

Another great Spider romp and the artistry of this beloved writer continues. It’s never enough and I always want more, I never want the story to end!!
Dutu
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I so missed Owen and Gin...
A very nice story
Evelyn E Hart
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never disappoints

Love Love this series of Gin Blanco. Another awesome novella to go along in this series. Definitely a must read for the fans - ENJOY
Tony Hisgett
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Not a bad short story, especially as Gin has an opportunity to demonstrate her ‘kickass’ abilities when she finds her free renaissance faire tickets turn out not to be such a great gift.
Diana Brown
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fun-filled adventure with Gin and her gang!!!
Chelsea
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. This was a fun quick read. Can't wait for the next book.
Louisa
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading this short story, loved the twist, and spending more time with these characters!
Tammy
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just a short read (85 pages) but well worth the time. Enjoyed every minute of it!
Sharon
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!

She still draws a 5 star review, especially with her elemental assassin series!
A ren faire is a great setting. Good choice.
Cathie
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy the spider. A badass heroine surrounded by badass friends & family.

Beverly Dummett
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gin and Owen💖

Another thrill ride with Gin Blanco and her loyal family and friends. Ren-faire made for an interesting backdrop. This is another great reading adventure.
Carol
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it
Lois Alston
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute assassin short

Gin does what she does best kill and cook but this time she is not the target. Just when you thought you could have one night of fun.
Angel
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Timothy Skilton
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like Jennifer Estep and I've been a big fan for a long time. This story wasn't my favorite. It was a good, solid story, but it seemed to fall a little short of her normal excellence. I don't know why; perhaps I was in the wrong frame of mind when I read it. I liked it rather than loved it.
Nana
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Classic Gin :)
Anna Wick
don't actually need to read it.
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 1 Mar 19, 2019 11:42PM
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. She is the author of the following series:

THE ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy battling bad guys and righting wron

Elemental Assassin (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
  • Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)
  • Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)
  • By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6)
  • Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9)
  • The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10)