Start by marking “The Worth of a Penny (Fox River Romance, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Worth of a Penny (Fox River Romance, #3)

The Worth of a Penny (Fox River Romance, #3)

Sweetheart Penelope Davies is what her daddy calls gullible, right after he told her she was stupid and worthless. With her cheek red from being slapped by him, and her heart trampled by a worthless boyfriend, she packs up and follows her half-brother to Fox River, North Carolina, in need of a fresh start.

Dominic MacKenna is the youngest of five brothers, the friendly one
Kindle Edition
Published March 29th 2019 by Crooked Cat Books

To ask other readers questions about The Worth of a Penny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Worth of a Penny

DJ Sakata
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

Are they monitoring your texts now? Should I send a shot of my nipples? My gentleman sausage? Would it get you fired?

“I can show you all the places girls have professed their love for Dominic.” “Oh, yes, please show Penny all the graffiti. Way to keep it classy, Magnolia.” I deadpanned, shifting my weight, and wishing for an end to this conversation. “Don't’ Magnolia me, Dominic Oswald MacKenna.” I sucked in a breath. Maggie middle named me. In front of Penny.

It’s all my sisters
Dash fan
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5☆ A Heart warming and Captivating Contemporary Romance I didn't want to end.

The Worth of a Penny is a wonderfully compelling and heart warming romance that swept me away.
It's the third book in the series but can be read as a standalone perfectly fine.

Penny really hasn't had it easy.
Her father makes her feel useless and worthless, he puts her down whenever he can, bullying her.
She has no self confidence and little self worth.

So when Elliot her stepbrother decides to leave and move to Fox River,
Berit☀️✨
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautifully told intimate story about love.This is the type of story you don’t just read you live! You take every breath and feel every emotion with these characters. A definite character driven story that will worm its way into your heart. Jess B Moore has a special talent of creating characters that pop off the pages!

Penny has not had the greatest of upbringings and her confidence is shattered. In need of a fresh start she moves to Fox River with her stepbrother. There she gets a new job, a
Carla Johnson-Hicks
The Worth of a Penny by Jess B. Moore is the third book in the Fox River Romance series, but it was a wonderful story that I read as a standalone and enjoyed very much. Starting with the cover that gave me a feel of the sweet, shy Penny, I felt I knew her by the time this story ended. Penny has not had the greatest of upbringings and her confidence is shattered. Her father has belittled her most of her life, then her boyfriend dumps her and starts rumors in town about her, that most of the towns ...more
Jessica Belmont
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m in love with Jess B. Moore’s writing. It’s beautiful, serene and sweet, and makes me feel like I am part of the world. I feel as though I know the characters personally, and I’m right at home.

This book touches on sensitive topics and is filled with emotions. It is also sweet and wonderful. Everything I expected from Jess B. Moore. She has become one of my favorite authors to read, because she takes a genre I don’t read a ton of and makes me obsessed. So, thank you, Jess!

I highly recommend re
Jéssica
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
This isn't my first rodeo in the world of Jess B. Moore's books, so I was already ready for a lot of emotions, from tears to laughter, from excitement to falling in love with the characters... but are we really ready for a book from an author we really like? Yeah, I was ready... not really. Although I thought I had prepared my heart for all the adventure, I was still surprised with my feeling and thoughts through out the reading journey, because that's the power of Jess B. Moore's writing style. ...more
Stephanie Dagg
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn’t want this book to end! It’s a beautiful story, with a lovely heroine. And just like Penny, the book is sweet but there’s a lot of strength beneath the surface. The title is clever: a penny isn’t apparently worth much, and our Penny felt like that with her unforgiving family and first boyfriend. However, without pennies we’d never have pounds, and in the same way Penny learns that she is valuable, deserves to be cherished and has a lot to contribute.
The setting of Fox River is beautifull
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
First of all, I must say that the cover of The Worth of a Penny is beautiful. It makes you want to follow her into the story and as I read this sweet, heartwarming romance that is exactly what I experienced. A complete treat for the eyes and heart, Jess B Moore's story-telling really did transport me to  Fox River. With a host of wonderful characters and a pleasantly paced romance, this was right up there with chocolate for a sweet, pleasing treat. I have not read the preceding books in the Fox ...more
Christie72
Jess B. Moss takes us back to the small town of Fox River, North Carolina. This is Penelope and Dominic’s journey to finding their HEAs.

Penelope has always been a good daughter to her wretched father. In fact, she has done everything she can to make him love her, but no matter what she does he makes sure she knows that he thinks she is absolutely worthless. Adding insult to injury, her longtime boyfriend has shattered her heart. When her half-brother comes for a visit, he convinces her to leave
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
This is the first book I have read by this author and awwwh this is such a beautiful, heart-warming and uplifting story. Just what I needed. Perfection. At the beginning I felt so sorry for Penny she deserved so much better for herself…
Bring in hot, superhero and adorable Dominic and that soon changes her life in more ways than one. He’s the perfect gentleman, the perfect character. Like a dream come true, that can’t be real right?
An easy to read story, one I easily devoured. Enjoyed every minut
Jo Fenton
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this beautiful romance, the third set in Fox River. The author's skill with scene setting and characterisation kept me right there in the story with the characters, and I can't wait for the next one!
Kate Avery
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Rating 3.5/5

I seem to have a knack for picking up books that are in a series and reading them out of order, this book is the third in the series, for the most part it can be read as a standalone I feel like everything was explained in a way that made me feel like I wasn’t missing out on the other two books. However, I did feel like I was missing out on a lot of the family dynamics it’s probably a personal thing but I just prefer to read a series from the start so I can get a proper feel for ever
Jess Moore
Jan 30, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: romantic
As the author, I will not leave a review. I admit I'm biased.

This can be read as a stand alone, and is my sweetest book.

To get maximum enjoyment, read it third, after The Guilt of a Sparrow and Fierce Grace. And don't let the "sweet" thing fool you, it deals with sensitive topics even if it's not super steamy.
Stepj Gear
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the hardest things about writing a book review, is trying to hold back when it comes to telling my readers about the story I have read. I really want to tell you everything about this book, because it was wonderful from start to finish. I loved the character interaction and I enjoyed reading as Penny grew as a person.

The love story had me captivated from the start and I willed on the young couple as they experienced new feelings. My heart raced as they grew closer and closer. One of the t
Maria Sinclair
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
When I saw that the front cover of this book referred to it as “A Sweet Romance,” I will confess that I wasn’t to sure what to expect. Although I often wander into the romcom Chicklit genre, out and out romance isn’t something that I would normally pick up. However, something about the blurb for this one caught my attention, and I am so glad that it did.

Although this is most definitely a sweet romance, this is not in a saccharine, sickly way, it is more that the strong family bonds, and the welc
Cindy Lance
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book by Jess B Moore!! I won't lie, I was super excited when I heard Jess had written a book about Dominic!! He's my favorite character!! Jess did not disappoint me! It is by far my favorite book!! As with all of Jess's books, she hits all the emotions and tackles some deep topics!! Bravo, Jess!
Sarah DeYoung
Beth
May 25, 2019
Ashlee Minyard
May 29, 2019
* For exclusive access to her book Beauty & Melancholy, sign up for her Newsletter, and read it in monthly installments!!

Jess B. Moore is a writer of love stories. When she’s not writing, she’s busy mothering her talented and stubborn children, reading obscene numbers of books, and knitting scarves she’ll likely never finish.

Jess lives in small town North Carolina with her bluegrass obsessed