Start by marking “That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)” as Want to Read:
That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)

That Kind of Guy

(Ravenswood #3)

She wants a fake relationship. He needs something real.

If there’s one thing Rae can’t stand, it’s pity. She’s forty, frazzled, and fed up—so attending an awards ceremony alone while her ex swans about with his new wife? Not an option. To avoid total humiliation, Rae needs a date of her own. And her young, hot-as-hell new best friend is the perfect candidate…

Zach Davis, kin
Published May 2nd 2019 by Nixon House

To ask other readers questions about That Kind of Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Kind of Guy

Start your review of That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
EmBibliophile [hiatus]
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

One of those rare times I feel like a rebel is when I read books in the series out of order.

I was more interested in Zac’s book so I skipped the second book to read this one. And who would’ve thought that Zac is such a huge softie! Talia Hibbert really writes the sweetest heroes ever, the most unique real heroines, and she can craft a freakin great banter!

This was a really cute enjoyable story full of banter. I loved their friendship at the beginning and their way in communication and
destiny ♡ howling libraries
#1 A Girl Like Her ★★★★★
#1.5 Damaged Goods ★★★★★
#2 Untouchable ★★★★★
#3 That Kind of Guy ★★★★★

Her heart was painfully, wonderfully vulnerable, officially free to fly off and hurt itself again. But maybe, if she didn’t react, the poor thing wouldn’t notice that it belonged to him. Maybe it would stay safe and sound and oblivious.

I always knew this day would come eventually, but I didn’t think it would be so damn sad to say goodbye to the Ravenswood series. I have adored every second of my time sp
K.J. Charles
Talia Hibbert is one of my favourite romance authors and this book is one of her best. Loved it.

Rae is 12 years older than Zach, trying to remake herself after the collapse of a terrible marriage. Zach is the 'town bike' who has recently realised his demisexuality. This is really well explored--the social pressure to have sex, the ways it affects men differently to women, Zach's discomfort at having to come out and fear people won't understand why it matters.

Zach is a people pleaser, Rae hates
Warda
4.5 🌟

Is Talia Hibbert capable of writing a bad book?
No. No, that’s not possible. Definitely not a possibility.

Off to binge-buy and eventually read all her books.

Read for The Reading Rush readathon.
Challenge: Read a book completely (not really) outside your house.
Sam (AMNReader)
Well, let me kick off this review by saying Talia Hibbert can craft great banter and writes amazingly. She's got this fresh, open style that manages to be both lovely and unpretentious. I enjoy reading her words. She deals with consent like a freaking hero, and her voice is amazing. She is often writing atypical heroines. Her tension is hot, her sex is hotter....

But...not her story here. The romance is incredibly disappointing and unconvincing. Zach's a demisexual and Rae has sworn off relations
Korrie’s Korner
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How does Talia do this every single time! This is neck in neck with Untouchable! Zach is just so sinfully delicious. I love a reverse age gap, and I don’t feel I’ve read enough of that trope. I love how I always learn something I didn’t quite know the technical term for in Talia’s books.

“Demi-sexual is a sexual orientation where people only experience sexual attraction to folks that they have close emotional connections with. In other words, demisexual people only experience sexual attraction a
Antonella
the heroine is 12 years older than the hero ( 40/28) but I couldn't tell
it is an amazingly well-written book and I loved that we have a demisexual hero and all conversation about it..a warm hug of a book!!
WhittyReads
Another amazing book by Talia Hibbert! Her romances are just so good for the soul. She always includes representation that is often not represented in romance.

I always feel very single after I finished a book by this author because where can I find a Talia Hibbert hero?! If anyone knows then let your girl know.

Read Zach and Rae’s story if you haven’t yet!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Esme N
Dec 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Y'all Talia has struck again. This month I have been feeling big insecure about some scars I have on my face and this book single handedly made me feel hot again. 10/10, I will happily believe it was written for me. ...more
sid
Oct 20, 2021 added it
eh. mediocre. lost interest by 70%. i liked it, but ruth-evan r still my fav from the series. 2.8 stars
ambsreads
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
thank you to the author who kindly provided my grubby hands with an eARC. all thoughts are my own.

i think zach may be my favourite hero in this series yet. he definitely rivals evan. however full review closer to the release date.
only thing missing was i wanted more dog but that’s just the dog mum in me.
Bri
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feminist, romance
Ugh.
This is probably my favorite Ravenswood novel, which isn’t saying much cus I love them all dearly and would die for any of the heroines.
Just read the book, please. Talia Hibbert is immensely talented and severely underrated.
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
My first Talia Hibbert novel and it won't be my last. I love her writing, and fell so hard for Zack and Rae! ...more
Grapie Deltaco
Aug 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How does Talia Hibbert manage banger after banger after banger ???

Long-time friends pretend to date on a weekend away for an award ceremony to avoid looking pathetic in front of our heroine’s ex-husband and the woman he cheated on her with.

And then they realize they’ve been falling in love for quite some time.

The passion. The history. The banter. The vulnerability.

My heart simply can’t take it.

CW: explicit sexual content, recurring mentions of infidelity, recurring mentions of toxic past rel
Obsidian
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Honestly this was not developed well at all. It's the shortest in the series (a bit over 200 pages) and though I liked the concepts, think that Hibbert did not do a good enough job with the execution. You can't tell us a character (Zach) is a demisexual and he doesn't like Rae that way, but in five minutes he does. It drove me crazy. I liked the idea of a nice slow build-up between Zach and Rae and him actually falling in love with her before sex. The whole fake boyfriend thing started to get on ...more
Heather❀Kiss The Pages❀
I love fake romances and so I was eager to start this one. I loved even more that Rae was 12 years older than Zach. The author played out the older woman, younger man trope really well. The plot was solid and the writing was excellent. However, for some reason it was hard for me to connect with these characters. Especiallly Zach. He was a bit too sensitive for me if I'm going to be honest and I didn't find that attractive. An overall enjoyable book that was sexy and emotional.

description

Nerdread
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Honestly, Zach is bae and I think I like him more than Even 💀! I feel like this series got better and better with each couple and I’m happy about that!

What I am not happy about was the unnecessary miscommunication that occurred for no reason other than just to create conflict that does not fit with the personality traits of the two main characters. Their whole relationship was refreshing because they communicate with each other openly, so adding that miscommunication at the end to creat
Timitra
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
That Kind Of Guy was an interesting, intriguing and enjoyable read. I loved that both hero and heroine dealt with things that I'd never encountered before in books or real life. While I didn't identify with them for the most part it didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying their journey. I recommend this to those who love Contemporary romance set in a small town with diverse characters and issues.

Copy provided by author
Crystal Cook
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2021
I love Zach and Rae so much! This is an older woman/younger man, fake dating romance and it was AMAZING. Zach is once again one of my favorite Talia Hibbert heroes, I don't know how she does it but they're nearly perfect every time! He's a complete cinnamon roll and Rae was such a strong yet vulnerable heroine. I loved it! ...more
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
I stayed up unti 4am finishing this one and I can't bring myself to regret it because Zach and Rae are the best thing to ever happen to me.

RTC!!
Imogen Kathleen
Feb 02, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2022, lgbtqia
As always, I adore Talia Hibbert's writing. I have yet to read a bad book by her. I don't even think it's possible at this point, as I'm 7 books into her backlog and having a fantastic time.
This was fairly standard Hibbert formula, which is always always always a win for me. Sexy, sweet, and diverse.
I've never read a romance book with a demisexual MC until this book, and I'm glad that I finally have.
Bunny McFoo
Sep 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Look I VERY rarely DNF books - I'm in it to the end unless it's so terrible that I just can't stand it anymore.

This book is one of those books. It is unbelievable to me how the author managed to take a premise that includes two of my favorite tropes in the whole world (older woman & fake dating) and turn it into something that made me want to throw my kindle across the room.

I have nothing against alternate sexual orientations - I'm queer, my mom is a sex repulsed asexual, and I once dated an ase
Saly
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Talia Hibbert and especially this series of hers is one my favourites. I like how she doesn't feature the cliched, beautiful, put together characters instead tackles real life themes like cancer, lost of a loved one, people who aren't a size 0, bisexuality, etc. This time she gives us a female character who is 40 and divorced and a woman who isn't afraid to live of her ex's money, or scared of admitting she likes sex, or that she isn't a people person. The hero who is known in town for his sexua ...more
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
Jul 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: age-gaps, read-2021
Great story. Loved the representation on so many levels here.

Didn't super love the plot of this one, that's where it stuck for me.

Romance was sweet though.

4/5 stars
Kiki
May 04, 2019 marked it as i-may-or-may-not-read-this
How is this going to work? The H is known as the town bicycle and now you’re telling me “oh wait there’s a twist on his sexuality”.

How can a person of such sexuality whore around and have more than too much physical relationship. And if they can then I’m guessing h is not something special to him? Every fling is equally important and h somehow just ticks the right boxes he required for relationship? Not saying it isn’t love, but is it really romance though? Or am I missing something?
Tilly
Jun 18, 2022 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

I loved this series! I was so happy to finally read Zach's story and I love Rae so much as well. It was a perfect friends to lovers book and I absolutely devoured it! Can't wait to read more by Talia!
Cassandra
May 31, 2022 rated it it was amazing
ZACH. ILY ILY ILY.

This book was short but took me a whole four days because S T R A N G E R THINGS!! There was no SHOT I'd let tiktok ruin that one for me.

Anyways, I think we saved the best for last. That Kind of Guy was *chef's kiss*. Zach was by far my favourite of our love interests and I really liked Rae and the way these two communicated. I JUST WISH it was a little longer, but I understand that the way that this story panned out didn't really call for MORE. It would've just been fluff but
Lili
May 23, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Zach's and Rae's story. Ever since book one, I wanted to see Zach's love story and I was not disappointed. I really appreciated the demi rep! He was such a precious bean and I am glad that he found his happy end and his safe haven friend group.

Although, I gotta admit that I wasn't such a huge fan of the final conflict. It felt very forced and I didn't get what the big fuss was about, to be quite honest. But it is what it is, I guess.

I am sad that I have to say goodbye to the Ravenswood
M
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: q, contemporary, romance
I received an ARC of this book from the author.

Another Talia hibbert book, and another winner for me. I have to admit I’ve been looking forward to Rae and Zach’s story very much. And everything I thought would happen did happen. I absolutely adored Rae and her story broke my heart, but also left me so very hopeful and happy. Her journey, the way she found a way to herself and her confidence and how she started to realize that she isn’t different versions of herself depending on her surroundings

• Rafe (Loose Ends, #1)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Team Phison Forever (Team Phison, #2)
  • A Worthy Opponent (Wicked Villains, #3)
  • Sanctuary  (Beards and Bondage, #2)
  • The Bravest Hero (Curvy Girls Club #2)
  • Desire Lines (Welsh Blades, #3)
  • Gumbo
  • Teach Me (Romey University #1)
  • Stranded in Arizona (Modern Mail Order Bride #9)
  • Super G
  • Unsolicited Duke Pic
  • Emanuel's Heat (Rescue Four #3)
  • Walking the Dawg (Love Thy Neighbor #2)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Unleashed (Synful Syndicate #1)
  • Where Love is Found
  • Declan (Me Three Movement Book 2)
See top shelves…
Talia Hibbert is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary

Ravenswood (3 books)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)