Start by marking “That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)” as Want to Read:
That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)

That Kind of Guy

(Ravenswood #3)

She wants a fake relationship. He needs something real.

If there’s one thing Rae can’t stand, it’s pity. She’s forty, frazzled, and fed up—so attending an awards ceremony alone while her ex swans about with his new wife? Not an option. To avoid total humiliation, Rae needs a date of her own. And her young, hot-as-hell new best friend is the perfect candidate…

Zach Davis, kin
ebook
Published May 2nd 2019 by Nixon House

To ask other readers questions about That Kind of Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Kind of Guy

Start your review of That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 A Girl Like Her ★★★★★
#1.5 Damaged Goods ★★★★★
#2 Untouchable ★★★★★
#3 That Kind of Guy ★★★★★

Her heart was painfully, wonderfully vulnerable, officially free to fly off and hurt itself again. But maybe, if she didn’t react, the poor thing wouldn’t notice that it belonged to him. Maybe it would stay safe and sound and oblivious.

I always knew this day would come eventually, but I didn’t think it would be so damn sad to say goodbye to the Ravenswood series. I have adored every second of my time sp
K.J. Charles
Talia Hibbert is one of my favourite romance authors and this book is one of her best. Loved it.

Rae is 12 years older than Zach, trying to remake herself after the collapse of a terrible marriage. Zach is the 'town bike' who has recently realised his demisexuality. This is really well explored--the social pressure to have sex, the ways it affects men differently to women, Zach's discomfort at having to come out and fear people won't understand why it matters.

Zach is a people pleaser, Rae hates
Warda
4.5 🌟

Is Talia Hibbert capable of writing a bad book?
No. No, that’s not possible. Definitely not a possibility.

Off to binge-buy and eventually read all her books.

Read for The Reading Rush readathon.
Challenge: Read a book completely (not really) outside your house.
Sam (AMNReader)
Well, let me kick off this review by saying Talia Hibbert can craft great banter and writes amazingly. She's got this fresh, open style that manages to be both lovely and unpretentious. I enjoy reading her words. She deals with consent like a freaking hero, and her voice is amazing. She is often writing atypical heroines. Her tension is hot, her sex is hotter....

But...not her story here. The romance is incredibly disappointing and unconvincing. Zach's a demisexual and Rae has sworn off relations
ambsreads
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
thank you to the author who kindly provided my grubby hands with an eARC. all thoughts are my own.

i think zach may be my favourite hero in this series yet. he definitely rivals evan. however full review closer to the release date.
only thing missing was i wanted more dog but that’s just the dog mum in me.
Nerdread
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Honestly, Zach is bae and I think I like him more than Even 💀! I feel like this series got better and better with each couple and I’m happy about that!

What I am not happy about was the unnecessary miscommunication that occurred for no reason other than just to create conflict that does not fit with the personality traits of the two main characters. Their whole relationship was refreshing because they communicate with each other openly, so adding that miscommunication at the end to creat
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
My first Talia Hibbert novel and it won't be my last. I love her writing, and fell so hard for Zack and Rae!
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
I love fake romances and so I was eager to start this one. I loved even more that Rae was 12 years older than Zach. The author played out the older woman, younger man trope really well. The plot was solid and the writing was excellent. However, for some reason it was hard for me to connect with these characters. Especiallly Zach. He was a bit too sensitive for me if I'm going to be honest and I didn't find that attractive. An overall enjoyable book that was sexy and emotional.

description

Fadwa (Word Wonders)
I stayed up unti 4am finishing this one and I can't bring myself to regret it because Zach and Rae are the best thing to ever happen to me.

RTC!!
Timitra
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
That Kind Of Guy was an interesting, intriguing and enjoyable read. I loved that both hero and heroine dealt with things that I'd never encountered before in books or real life. While I didn't identify with them for the most part it didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying their journey. I recommend this to those who love Contemporary romance set in a small town with diverse characters and issues.

Copy provided by author
Bri
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, feminist
Ugh.
This is probably my favorite Ravenswood novel, which isn’t saying much cus I love them all dearly and would die for any of the heroines.
Just read the book, please. Talia Hibbert is immensely talented and severely underrated.
Kiki
May 04, 2019 marked it as i-may-or-may-not-read-this
How is this going to work? The H is known as the town bicycle and now you’re telling me “oh wait there’s a twist on his sexuality”.

How can a person of such sexuality whore around and have more than too much physical relationship. And if they can then I’m guessing h is not something special to him? Every fling is equally important and h somehow just ticks the right boxes he required for relationship? Not saying it isn’t love, but is it really romance though? Or am I missing something?
Saly
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Talia Hibbert and especially this series of hers is one my favourites. I like how she doesn't feature the cliched, beautiful, put together characters instead tackles real life themes like cancer, lost of a loved one, people who aren't a size 0, bisexuality, etc. This time she gives us a female character who is 40 and divorced and a woman who isn't afraid to live of her ex's money, or scared of admitting she likes sex, or that she isn't a people person. The hero who is known in town for his sexua ...more
M
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: q, contemporary
I received an ARC of this book from the author.

Another Talia hibbert book, and another winner for me. I have to admit I’ve been looking forward to Rae and Zach’s story very much. And everything I thought would happen did happen. I absolutely adored Rae and her story broke my heart, but also left me so very hopeful and happy. Her journey, the way she found a way to herself and her confidence and how she started to realize that she isn’t different versions of herself depending on her surroundings
Christa Schönmann Abbühl
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series keeps going strong. There is a system to it: always the main characters do have some real life issues they have to deal with. They do get help from friends, but they have to tackle it by themselves. The romance does not solve the problem, but it can prosper because of the better place they are in now. The characters and their issues are widely different, so that each book is fresh and interesting. There is family - good and bad - and glorious friendship. One of the many things that I ...more
Taryn
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last installment in the Ravenswood series—and if you haven’t read A Girl Like Her or Untouchable, do yourself a favor and binge those ASAP so you can jump into this one with all the back story. Rae is a 40-year-old divorced writer who needs a date to an awards ceremony to act as a buffer between her and her dumbass ex-husband. Her friend Zach, who is struggling with how to tell his family and friends about his demisexuality, agrees to pose as her boyfriend. Rae and Zach’s path to love is qui ...more
Bunny McFoo
Sep 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Look I VERY rarely DNF books - I'm in it to the end unless it's so terrible that I just can't stand it anymore.

This book is one of those books. It is unbelievable to me how the author managed to take a premise that includes two of my favorite tropes in the whole world (older woman & fake dating) and turn it into something that made me want to throw my kindle across the room.

I have nothing against alternate sexual orientations - I'm queer, my mom is a sex repulsed asexual, and I once dated an ase
Kika
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is closer to 4.5 stars, but at this point I’m going to stick to putting down 5 stars for books that really really blow my mind. As you can probably tell from my other reviews of Talia Hibbert, I think she represents some of the best aspects of the genre that keeps me reading.

Too bad I have to deal with so many duds before I find this gem.

“That Kind of Guy” is that kind of book (see what I did there?) that you never want to put down. It’s a beautiful romance about Rae and Zach living in th
nick
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5/5

Talia Hibbert has quickly become one of my go-to contemporary romance authors. After meeting and falling in love with Zach and Rae in Untouchable, I was very eager to read their story. Talia delivered in every way with That Kind of Guy. It was emotional, romantic, and so compulsively readable. I was hooked!

Both Rae and Zach were fantastic characters. Talia spends a lot of time fleshing them out so that they are rich and layered. You really get to know them on a familiar level and I complete
Dee
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books
I saw another blogger rave about this book, so despite not reading the other books in this series, I decided to give it a go. I don't read a lot of books that have the older woman, younger man trope, but I kinda of loved it in this one. Also! Fake relationship! You know I love that! I definitely want to go back and read the other books in the series, and check out more from this author.

I like to read more books that have diver
Hannah Hearts Romance
Perfect

Here is my thorough, thoughtful, highly professional review:

I FUCKING LOVE THIS BOOK.

'Nuf said.
Okay, maybe a full review will come later, but I still think this says enough.
Averie Allwein
First book I’ve read that has my chronic illness represented in it!!!!
Ekene
Jul 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall good series
LolliMolly ⫷fiction addiction⫸
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2020
This one reminds me of Rebekah Weatherspoon's books in a great way. She often includes less discussed sexualities, in this case demisexuality. Really appreciate that kind of diversity in my reading, and I'm glad to see it from Talia Hibbert.
K.
Trigger warnings: cheating (in the past), toxic parenting, racism and sexism in publishing, plagiarism???

3.75 stars.

There was a lot to love about this:
- a 40-something WOC lead with facial scars
- Late 20s demisexual white dude lead coming to terms with his sexuality
- Fake dating
- There was only one bed

Aaaaaand I read it a month ago, so I genuinely could not tell you why I gave it 3.75 stars instead of 4, but apparently April!Me felt very strongly about it. So. *shrug*
Claire
Hm... I think it's not entirely fair to give this 3 stars, because if it were any other author it'd probably be 4. It's a solid 3.5.

This one just didn't quite click for me... I just wasn't the right reader at the right time, maybe. I kept being drawn out of the story by Zach's angst around his demisexuality, maybe because it's so far from my own experience of being demisexual. And Rae's give-no-fucks goals didn't quite resonate with me either.

That said, this is still Talia Hibbert, so it's sti
Jeanne
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I really love a book it’s difficult to even talk about it. I feel too close, too personal. I may try to write an essay on this entire series to try to pin down all my feelings.

I recommend this to fans of May/December Romance, black girl leads, and demisexual representation.
Monique
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rae is experiencing a momentary writer's block because she has to be at a convention in Manchester which her ex-husband Kevin will also attend. She feels somewhat secure in the small town of Ravenswood; she has a few good friends, and she secretly lusts after one of them: Zach Davis, the local manwhore. He's the perfect arm candy, and when she asks him to be her pretend boyfriend for the three-day convention, he accepts. He has made it clear that nothing physical is to be expected of him, except ...more
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a NEW to me author & books! I am very appreciative for my ARC! Also have been looking forward to reading this just from the blurb!

This was a twist for me because the heroine is the one that only wants something fake, well wants/needs you know! But the hero wants the real deal! It was fun and interesting to read!

Zach is a hard working (hands-on) sexy man! I mean I fell in love with him right away, what can I say..a cowboy always gets me! I won't lie to you there for the first few pages i
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
  • Desire and the Deep Blue Sea (Love Unscripted, #1)
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Trashed (Eastside Brewery, #2)
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • Sweetest in the Gale (There's Something About Marysburg, #3)
  • Ice Cream Lover (Baldwin Village, #2)
  • The Ultimate Pi Day Party (Baldwin Village, #1)
  • Hearts on Hold
  • Office Hours
  • American Fairytale (Dreamers, #2)
  • American Love Story (Dreamers, #3)
  • White Whiskey Bargain
Talia Hibbert is a USA Today bestselliing author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm. She also

Ravenswood (3 books)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)