Start by marking “Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)” as Want to Read:
Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)

Magic Triumphs

(Kate Daniels #10)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  18,543 ratings  ·  2,218 reviews
Mercenary Kate Daniels must risk all to protect everything she holds dear in this epic, can't-miss entry in the thrilling #1 New York Times bestselling urban-fantasy series.

Kate has come a long way from her origins as a loner taking care of paranormal problems in post-Shift Atlanta. She's made friends and enemies. She's found love and started a family with Curran Lennart,
Mass Market Paperback, 439 pages
Published May 7th 2019 by Ace Books (first published August 28th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Magic Triumphs, please sign up.
Ina Because everyone knows that anything that Ilona and Gordon write is pure gold and there's no way they would write less than perfect ending to this…moreBecause everyone knows that anything that Ilona and Gordon write is pure gold and there's no way they would write less than perfect ending to this series (at least I hope so!)(less)
Elaysee The Goodreads author page has this answer: https://www.goodreads.com/questions/7.... Looks like right now they're saying likely 10 and done, with the…moreThe Goodreads author page has this answer: https://www.goodreads.com/questions/7.... Looks like right now they're saying likely 10 and done, with the possibility of more books set in the world centered on other characters.(less)

·  18,543 ratings  ·  2,218 reviews

Start your review of Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
The Adventures Of A Brave Little Kitty Buddy Rerererereread (TAOABLKBR) with the IA Addicts

And the moral of this reread is: it is decidedly sad but disgustingly true, I still do not quite exactly like the ending of this book very much indeed. But it is KD. And it is IA. So QED and stuff.

And the other moral of this reread is: I want to Eahrratim Of The Lethal Sneers And Deathly Put-Downs (EOFTLSADPD) when I grow up.

Until next time and stuff.

[August 2018]

A well-known 18th century author
Robin (Bridge Four)
Joint review with Anne at Books of My Heart

WOW!!! WHAT AN ENDING TO A SERIES

Anne and I both read Magic Triumphs and also listened to the audio version. I was on the beta team. Anne was fortunate to get an eARC and we both received the audio for review. It is hard to do such an amazing book justice. I've said many times how it is my favorite series. So we decided to try to answer some questions for you (without spoilers).

1. If you could give people your reasons for reading the Kate Daniels
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
It’s been a fun ride, Kate. I know we’ll see other again, but it won’t be the same. You’ve fought your battles, and now you’re letting someone else pick up the torch. Enjoy the peace and quiet. You’ve earned it.

Full RTC.

BUT. Know this—it’s everything you could possibly wish for it to be.

2/13/18:

B/c why? B/c CURRENTLY READING. *flails* *moonwalks* *booty shakes*

10/26/17 - Derek SNIPPET: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/do-you-m...

10/8/17 - Scooby SNIPPET: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/dear-bar...

Anne
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, read-in-2018
It's over.

description

But the good news is that it's a pretty nice last installment in a much-beloved series.
I think most fans will be happy with the way everything turned out for the characters, and I'm looking forward to any and all spin-offs that team Andrews comes up with from this world.
*mentally sends out plea for Derek & Julie stories & at least ONE book with Roman*

description

Ok, like every series ending, this is almost less about the Big Battle with Roland and some mysterious new foe, and more about
Sh3lly
$1.99 on US Kindle, December 17, 2019

This was not a bad way to end a ten book series at all. But... I can't say I loved it. For the first 200 pages or so, it felt like another cool Kate magic investigation. Then, the meat of the plot finally kicked in towards the last 100 pages or so. Everything happened SO fast at the end.

Roland must be a crazy hard character to write, and in the end, I felt the authors didn't fully know what to do with the "epic" showdown that was supposed to happen with him.
Melanie

ARC provided by Penguin Random House in exchange for an honest review.

1.) Magic Bites
7.) Magic Breaks
8.) Magic Shifts
8.5) Magic Stars
9.) Magic Binds

“I hold gods prisoner, tormenting them for my pleasure. I bring war and terror. I am Neig, the Undying. I am legend. All who know me bow to me.”

Friends, I promise you, no one wanted to love this book more than me. I have been reading this series for what feels
Jilly
The book series that has been my favorite thing ever written on paper has come to an end. I feel so empty inside now. I'll just fill that emptiness with ice cream and booze. Pretty much my prescription for anything that ails ya.

Try this at home kids!

This book hasn't been out for very long, so I will just give general quotes to prove its awesomeness. It's basically overflowing with awesomeness. Like spewing it all over the place. Much like you will be doing if you take my ice cream and booze
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
4.5 stars! Final review, first posted on Fantasy Literature:

Kate Daniels, after nine novels’ worth of fighting magical villains, romancing Curran the Beast Lord, developing her own über-magical powers and preternatural sword-fighting abilities, and magically claiming all of Atlanta as her territory (and that’s only a start), gets an ending to her story in Magic Triumphs, the tenth and final book in Ilona Andrews’ popular KATE DANIELS series. Well, kind of.

Kate is married to Curran now, who’s
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness

OH MY GOOOOOD OH NOOOO THE LAST KATE DANIELS!!!! *SCREAMS*

WHAT I WANT HOPE TO HAPPEN

- ROLAND BEHEADED
- LOTS OF ACTION & EPIC BATTLE
- LOTS OF DEREK AND JULIE ERMERGERD MY SHHIIPPP (SPIN-OFF SPIN-OFF PLEASEEE I BEG) I SHIP THEM SO HARD IT HURTS!!!!@%^$
PLEEEEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE
- SMEXY TIMES AND COUPLES AND ROMANCE LOL #sorrynotsorry
- ALL MY FAVS (WHICH
Aisling Zena
Update!20/2/209

So I just found out that we are not getting a Julie/Erra/Derek spinoff (at this point in time) because of the amount of hate mail Ilona Andrews receives over Julie.

Some of us love all the characters because the writing/world building/authors are so good and we would have loved a Julie spinoff. I can't wrap my head around this and I had actually written a rather long rant over it..

I just want to say that it's a damn shame that some of you have made the authors feel this bad over
Em Lost In Books
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, 2010-19, 4-star
It's over!

It's been two weeks since I turned the last page of this book and yet I find myself unable to let this book go. There are so many good things about this book, so many funny moments that still makes me laugh. But there are also things that I want authors should have dealt better with.

Needless to say this was one of the most anticipated book of this year for me. I read 4-9 to get myself ready to read this big finale, one final battle to settle the score with Roland, hence I am teeny
Steven
OH NO. It's over. The series is over. *dies*

*remembers two more Hughs and potential same world books and kind of perks up a little tiny bit*

*throws temper tantrum*

Review to come on release date. And if you thought there was even a chance this would get less than five stars, you're delusional. ALL THE STARS.

NOTE: READING IRON AND MAGIC BEFORE READING MAGIC TRIUMPHS IS REQUIRED. DO IT. DON'T SKIP IT.
---
Thanks to Berkley and Netgalley for providing me with an advanced copy in exchange for an honest
Sophia Triad
“Behold, the Immortal One, the In-Shinar, the Blood Blade of Atlanta.”

*few spoilers*

It’s a bittersweet feeling every time you reach at the end of a journey. You feel satisfied because this trip has been fulfilling and full of memories, but at the same time you feel so sad because it is time that you need to move on with your life and you know that you will miss your fellow travellers, your companions.

Kate Daniels’s world has been an awesome journey for my: Mystical, mythical, magical,
carol.
The last book in a ten-book series. By all means, don't start here. However, I do recommendreading this series if you enjoy ass-kicking sword-fighters, unusual but accessible world-building, and well-rounded characters. The cast also includes vampires--with quite a different take--shapeshifters, and a wide variety of myths.

Still, I'm not sad the Kate Daniels series is ending. It's odd to me, in a way, that we look for overarching plots in our entertainment, as if the story needs to make sense
Evgeny
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Kate Daniels discovered that a very powerful human/being/creature with a big army wanted to destroy Atlanta. If this was not enough her father - another powerful magician - was hell-bent on killing her child (and you think you have some misunderstanding with your parents!)
Bad Parents
In other words, business as usual for Kate. In fact the way I described the plot it could be applied to about half the books of the series.

This one however is special. This is the final book of the series. How was it? As a
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
As always loved it, review and rating soon

Pre-review thoughts

It's Kate Daniels series - always worth a favorite read
We get to see just about every character of the series come together
Liked the working together of those against each other
Felt a little distant --- probably due to having to cover such a large scope
Sad losses
Liked the Hugh scenes
It's still as funny as usual
Ghastek gets more than one scene
Glad they went there with Christopher/Barabbas but the scene was so tiny and emotionless - my
Corina
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy

I’m not even pretending that this review is easy to write.

From the moment I found out that Magic Triumphs would be the last Kate Daniels novel, I had a hard time accepting it. I couldn’t imagine a life without this series. But now, after reading 10+ novels about Kate’s battles with gods, monsters and the different power plays in and around Atlanta, I can say with absolute certainty that Kate deserves this ending.

Battle after battle she gave it all. Always for the better of the people of
Emma
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So now concludes one of the best, if not THE best, urban fantasy series of all time. Kate Daniels got her ending. And worry not, fellow fans, her creators have done her proud.

Firstly, if you haven’t read the other 9, don’t bother finishing this review, just go get Magic Bites and enter the world so many of us have loved for over 10 years. That original book isn’t their best- I struggled to get into it initially and nearly put it aside. When I think about that, it gives me a little tremor inside
Adina
Done. I finished my first Urban Fantasy series. I started a few but Kate Daniels is the first one that I read from A to Z, if I don’t count the additional novellas. I guess it is also my favourite UF series, otherwise I wouldn’t have gotten so far.

It was an exciting, fun, adventurous, scary and sexy ride. I got to know some wonderful characters such as Kate, Curran, Derek, Hugh, Andrea, Aunt B etc. I got immersed in an exciting world full of terrible creatures and fascinating magic. I will miss
Geri Reads
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goodbyes are hard, and it's even harder when you're saying goodbye to a series that you've lived and breathed for the last year or so. I never expected how much this series would come to mean to me when I started reading Magic Bites last year. After 9 books, several novellas and one spin-off later, we finally get the final book in Ilona Andrews' wildly successful Kate Daniels series, and they delivered!
“You and me, Kate. We’re forever.”

Magic Triumphs delivered an ending I will not soon
1st read - July 2018
2nd read - August 2018
3rd read - October 2019

Anyone who knows me or who has been following my blog for any length of time should already be aware that I'm a proud member of the Ilona Andrews fan club and totally addicted to this writing duo's books. The Kate Daniels series has been one of my favourites for such a long time now and it's one I reread over and over again so it's fair to say I'm hugely invested in this world and these characters. It's really hard to write a
♥Rachel♥
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Re-read by audio book September September 28th 2018

4.5 Stars

Magic Triumphs!
Wow! I closed the book thinking wow, I can’t believe this is the last book! But after being disappointed by the ending of another favorite series (I’m looking at you Iron Druid!) I was soooo happy Magic Triumphs does not disappoint! So much to love here! Conlan! Too cute!!! Hugh, Julie, Derek, and of course, Curran!! That’s not to say that I’m not sad that the series is over, but I do have hopes of spin-offs with Hugh,
Bradley
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's over. Ish. At least, the Kate Daniels-Lennart cycle is DONE.

It's been one hell of a ride, with bigger and badder enemies, like dear papa wanting to be in her life to take and corrupt his perfect magical grandchild or elder gods/dragons from pocket universes wanting to use and share Kate's new godhood in ruling the whole world.

You know, the same little problems on the same scale as Curran and Kate's little jealous tiffs. Or the fear. You know, fear of godhood or motherhood, of a precocious
Jen Davis
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ilona Andrews probably could have written Kate Daniels books for another 10 years and made a fortune. They are wildly successful and even after 10 books, fans love them every bit as much as they did years ago... if not more. I know I do. But that makes it all the more impressive that they decided to end this series on top. They finished Kate’s story and they did it in spectacular fashion, giving me everything I wanted and needed from an epic conclusion. I can’t imagine the kind of pressure they ...more
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
I read that way too fast!

RTC.
Deborah Obida
The best defense is a good offense.

I can't believe it's over, after 10 whole books, I'm so going to miss this characters even though there's a spin-off.

This book is everything I thought it would be, it was amazing, it tied all loose ends, I was skeptical that it won't live up to the previous books but I was shocked I loved it, some authors ruin the final book in the series but not this duo.

Wait until I tell Raphael.”
“I wish you wouldn’t.”
“What? Why?”
“Because your husband gossips like a church
Holly
Well, that happened. It's the end of an era, or rather a book series. I'm not spoiling anything, but just know that there was pretty much no chance of me NOT giving this book five stars short of Andrews deciding to kill off every major character. I think that was a double negative, but whatever, I'm in mourning for the end of my favorite UF/PNR series ever, so cut me some slack. And yes, there are spin-offs of this series and Andrews also writes two other series that I adore, BUT IT'S NOT THE ...more
Gavin
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I felt this book was a great wrap up to the Kate Daniels series. This was one of those very rare series that actually managed to get better and more enjoyable with each new instalment. I felt like the first few books in this series were nothing special but now that I've wrapped up this 10th and final book I can honestly say I enjoyed this series a lot! It probably ranks in my top 2 or 3 UF series.

I was actually surprised by the way some of the things played out in this final instalment. I was
Kira
As happy as I am to have gotten to read this early, I'm also sad because I'll never get to read a new Kate Daniels book ever again. This series is amazing! I love the way it ended. It was better than anything I imagined.

It was funny. It was touching. I didn't want to put it down. I read the whole thing in one sitting while battling a migraine. It was that damn good. Some parts were really gruesome. So much was going on. All of my favorite side characters were there. Kate was great at balancing
Kat
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-3, favorites
Have you ever had a series that was everything you ever wanted and you both wanted to consume every book in a crazy-fast reading blur and savor them so they never ended? I am sad to see Kate and company end, but so delighted that I got to be along for the ride. Not sure how to talk about this one without it being one big spoiler-fest, so I’m going to put the whole thing in spoiler tags. (view spoiler) ...more
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Magic Triumphs [Sep 4, 2018] 92 154 Nov 01, 2018 05:29AM
SOS: Serious Over...: [Sept 2018] "Magic Triumphs" Discussion 24 88 Oct 07, 2018 12:21PM
Vampires, Weres a...: Magic Triumphs 60 40 Oct 02, 2018 04:00PM

• Curran POV Collection
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15)
  • Night and Silence (October Daye #12)
  • Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11)
  • Prequel to Magic Shifts (Curran POV #10)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1)
  • Dark Queen (Jane Yellowrock, #12)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • Wild Hunger (Heirs of Chicagoland, #1)
  • Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards, #1)
  • Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4)
  • Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better ...more

Kate Daniels (10 books)
  • Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
“Yes, bad. Look at Daddy ripping the bad man to pieces. Go Daddy!” 20 likes