Start by marking “Finding Ever After: four fairytale-ish novellas” as Want to Read:
Finding Ever After: four fairytale-ish novellas

Finding Ever After: four fairytale-ish novellas

(Finding Ever After)

Experience a touch of magic with these four fairytale-ish novellas that span over one hundred years. Linked by an illustrated book of fairytales, each novella is an enchanting combination of a beloved classic sprinkled with the author’s own brand of fairy dust.

Stairs and Stardust is set in 1913 Asheville, NC at the beautiful Biltmore Estate and includes a budding childre
Published February 14th 2019 (first published February 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Ever After

Start your review of Finding Ever After: four fairytale-ish novellas
Marquise
This collection of four novellas aims to retell four different fairy tales by the Grimms and Perrault united through the common theme of an illustrated book of fairy tales and its fate over a hundred years, from 1913 to our present day.

As is to be expected, the stories vary in the degree they achieve the desired end product, as not all do the job of retelling the originals as successfully.

BETWEEN STAIRS AND STARDUST by Pepper Basham
5 stars

A retelling of Cinderella with one of the most origina
Cara Putman
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! Loved each of these unique yet connected novellas.
Casey
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will admit: I'm not a huge fan of novellas. But every once in a while, a collection sneaks up on me that completely charms me. Finding Ever After was just such a collection and more. Who doesn't love a fairy tale or a story with quirky and lovely fairy tale elements? A collection that spans nearly 100 years, fans of historical and contemporary fiction alike will enjoy these 4 novellas. Each story claims their own fairy tale flavor with a common story book to bind them all together that is pass ...more
Phyllis
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review for Between Stairs and Stardust

Faith and fairy-tales

What???? A hero who can’t swim? Aren’t they supposed to be full of amazing powers to do anything, be anything and otherwise just be perfect? Fortunately for me, this author knows that characters with flaws touch our hearts more than those who are perfect. And while James was certainly lovable, he was imperfect enough to make him realistic and endearing.

With a rich palate of expertly blended words, Pepper Basham’s Between Stairs and Stard
Beth Erin
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review on FaithfullyBookish.com

These stories are everything we love about fairytales... sprinkled with just enough reality to make them genuinely tempting.

Between Stairs and Stardust achieves a depth and complexity not often found in a novella. Basham skillfully fits each intricacy of the plot into place at just the right time as if she's effortlessly painting the story in Bob Ross fashion, a soothing every anxiety as a happy accident.

McMillan is an intelligent and passionate storyteller a
Paula Shreckhise
Finding Ever After is a unique collection of four novellas by four great authors. The common thread is a beautifully illustrated book of fairytales with handwritten annotations.
Between Stairs and Stardust by Pepper Basham is a “charming” fairytale- like meeting of Stella and James at the Biltmore Mansion belonging to the Vanderbilts. Each chapter’s title is a charm from Stella’s bracelet depicting Cinderella.
Such a great story set in the Golden Age in a romantic setting in the Blue Ridge Mounta
Jaycee Weaver
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just LOVE this collection!

All four stories capture the imagination and pull at the heart. Connected through one beautifully illustrated fairy tale book, these novellas allude to their fairytale inspirations but tell wholly new stories in unique ways. Highly recommend!
Fiction Aficionado
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, novella
This was such a fun collection of novellas—all very different in setting and tone, yet complementing one another nicely. I loved that the authors didn’t try to retell fairytales, but instead drew on themes and elements of the plots and incorporated them in creative ways. And tying each of the novellas together is a book of fairytales titled, not surprisingly, “Finding Ever After.”

Between Stairs and Stardust
Stella Emory has come to Biltmore to try and keep a low profile while her benefactress gat
Winnie
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finding Ever After is a delightful collection of four different fairy-tale based novellas written by four authors. Each of the stories has a unique setting and flavor. The first, Between Stairs and Stardust, by Pepper Basham is set in 1913 at the Biltmore estate and has a Cinderella flavor. Basham’s signature charm and wit shine in this sparkly, fun story. Entanglements by Rachel McMillan is set in the 1920s in Boston and sports a Rapunzel theme. McMillan’s characters are captivating and romanti ...more
Ashley Johnson
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finding Ever After was a completely charming collection of fairy tale inspired stories! I loved novella collections featuring multiple authors because there is a little something for every reader! This collection includes two historical novellas and two modern day!  They were each unique, but were connected by a common thread and I really enjoyed the small connection between these stories!  Finding Ever After will undoubtedly leave you with all the warm and fuzzy feels!  I absolutely love happil ...more
Nancy
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stella is an artist. She has come to the Biltmore house to hideout. It’s near her Granny’s home also. She rescues a young girl from drowning and so the adventure begins. James is Alice’s older brother, yet Stella thinks he’s a gardener. She introduces herself as Faye, to keep her identity secret, because she is waiting for her name to be cleared from scandal. As the days and week pass, she meets with Alice and James reading fairy tales to Alice. She becomes drawn to James and he to her. But he’s ...more
Shona
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
C S Lewis once wrote, “Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
Today is that day and this is the book! Four romantic tales by well established Christian authors, all loosely based on one of four fairy tales. Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Rapunzel and Snow White are recreated in four clever and engaging stories. And given that they’re novellas they’re not short on length either.
I enjoyed all four and would highly recommend this for anyone who remembers enjoying the
Suzie Waltner
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this novella collection, four authors take aspects from fairy tales and sprinkle them into their stories to create new happily-ever-afters for their characters.

From the 1913 Blue Ridge Mountains and the Biltmore Estate to Boston in the 1920s to a modern-day pecan farm in Alabama and back to the North Carolina mountains—this time the Smoky Mountains, readers are treated to four romances to savor and cherish.

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or
Denise Hershberger
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this compilation of novellas. Ashley Clark was the only new to me author and I'm happy I got a chance to read her work.

I truly loved all four novellas and the fairy tale theme throughout was a neat combination. I especially loved thinking about the themes of the different fairy tales as I read.

These all had great couples. I loved the great romantic moments and the swoon-worthy kisses.

I received an advanced copy of this book from one of the authors. This is my honest review.
Kathy
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book: 4 stories loosely based on the fairy tales we all were raised on. In the first one, Stella is an artist and llustrator, and she’s working on a book of fairy tales for her benefactress to give to her goddaughter. And in each of the subsequent stories, taking place in the next 100 years, that same book plays a large part. The stories were by 4 different authors who did a beautiful job tying them all together.
Cheryl
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved these stories!

What fun and sweet stories! I truly enjoyed getting to know each of the "princess" characters and read about their happily ever afters.
My one complaint would be with the editing - definitely need a good editor to go through and fix all the mistakes. Other than that, the stories were magical!
Rosalyn
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Four short and sweet fairy tale romance stories
Each one of these tales is charming and delightful.
I normally prefer full-length stories, over novellas. Primarily because novellas are over way too soon!
In spite of that, I found this book to be a fun and easy read.
The heroines and heroes captivated my attention.
Debb Hackett
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Such a fun book. I loved the concept of one book uniting four love stories and seeing the parallels to traditional fairy stories. Each author had a clear, unique voice and characters that jumped off the page. Highly recommend for the beach or vacation read.
Mary Jill
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FairyTale thinking lives in my heart!

Because Jesus Christ lives in my heart I believe in the power of 💘love and my heart soars at His promises but the road,s frought with villains and heartache ~when we choose His ways and His Hand and then we can believe in happily ever after
R.j.
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very fun!

This was a lot of fun. It would be hard to choose a favorite. I loved reading these and loved the connection in all 4.
Brittany
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun collection! I enjoyed that there was a book in this collection titled "Finding Ever After", which made an appearance in each story. These were cute, fun twists on popular fairy tales!
Dawn
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Cute collection.
Deanna Stevens
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
Love a happily ever after!

Four stories of fairytales and happily ever afters. Different times yes but still so fun to see the way the fairytales showed up in the stories.
Becky Smith
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how the book “Finding Ever After” appears in all 4 of these stories. It's a great variety of ever afters!

1. Between Stairs and Stardust by Pepper Basham has all the charm & delight found in and old cherished & time-tested fairy tale. There is vividly-described scenery which draws the reader into the magical, fairy tale world the author has created. This fairy tale certainly ranks with some of the best!

The authors who become our favorites are those who write with a certain vibrancy and
Andrea
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed reading this collection more than once. The twists on fairy-tales are done so very well in each of the stories.
I particularly loved Pepper Basham's 'Between Stairs and Stardust'. The unique way Stella told the story of Cinderella to Alice was precious. I loved the “fairy” Godmother of the story. I loved the scenery surrounding The Biltmore and Granny in the mountains. Mostly, I loved Stella and James, the way they met and built a friendship first. I don't give spoilers, but ther
Rachel Scott
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While I've yet to read the other stories in this wonderful collection, I'd like to at least leave my thoughts for the first story in the collection - Between Stairs and Stardust

Whimsical. That is the word I would choose for the beautiful novella Between Stairs and Stardust by Pepper Basham. Of course there are a whole bunch of other adjectives that could work as well—fabulous, heart-refreshing, romance-y, and just plain fun.

First off, let’s have a round of applause for a fairytale-ish inspired
Ruth Jessen
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable!!

So many cute stories!!! The book of fairytales is the constant through time...and yet it happens quite naturally. I really loved all of these novellas and so will you...
Queenberly
Loved 3/4 stories:
1. Between Stairs and Stardust by Pepper Basham
2. Entanglements by Rachel McMillan
4. Once Bitten by Betsy St. Amant
Necee
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful combination of sweetness and happily ever afters! I loved the building up of the fairy tale into a new time period. Each author weaved amazing details into their own once upon a time novellas. If you love happily ever afters, you’ll love Finding Ever After.
Jacqui Eames
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun romance

These four novellas based very loosely on fairy tales are delightful and sweet. Each couple bring fun and joy to the story.

• Now and Then and Always (Maple Valley, #1)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • Royally Yours
  • Wooing Cadie McCaffrey
  • A Pursuit of Home (Haven Manor, #3)
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (The Saturday Night Supper Club, #2)
  • Twice Upon A Time
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • Serving Up Love: A Harvey House Brides Collection
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • Entanglements
  • Up from the Sea (Whose Waves These Are, #0.5)
  • Novelly Upon a Time (Book Nerds and Boyfriends Collection #3)
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • Just One Kiss (Harbor Pointe, #3)
  • The Painted Castle (Lost Castle, #3)
Pepper D Basham has been telling tales ever since she was a little girl. When her grandmother called her a “writer” at the age of ten, Pepper took it as gospel and has enjoyed various types of writing styles ever since. A native of the Blue Ridge Mountains, mom of five, speech-language pathologist, and lover of chocolate, Pepper enjoys sprinkling her native Appalachian culture into her fiction whe ...more

Finding Ever After (4 books)
  • Entanglements
  • Between Stairs and Stardust (Blue Ridge Fairytales #1)
  • Twice Upon A Time
  • Once Bitten

News & Interviews

“Love is a commanding force. It can make the most unassuming person as brave as any knight.” 0 likes
“the dragon slayers, world builders, warrior princesses, brave knights, and daring adventurers who live in my house. I am so proud to be your mom.” 0 likes