Start by marking “Toxic Love (RedLine Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Toxic Love (RedLine Book 1)

Toxic Love (RedLine Book 1)

Warning: this book contains hazardous material. Handle with extreme caution. Exposure to its contents can cause severe damage to one’s health.

When you’re forty-five, getting divorced, and disillusioned from years of soul-sucking work in corporate America, there isn’t much to look forward to. With his personal life just as deep in the dumps as his professional life, Mike
Published February 14th 2019 by Blood Bound Books

To ask other readers questions about Toxic Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toxic Love

Start your review of Toxic Love (RedLine Book 1)
Joseph Spuckler
First a disclaimer. I didn't finish the book. I managed to get two-thirds of the way through it before putting it down. That may seem like a bad thing to say about a book and writer, and actually, it is the opposite. Mike Ashbrook is your typical down on your luck, divorced, heavy drinking, without many employment opportunities, type guy. He was doing well until he was provoked into an altercation that ended his middle-class lifestyle. He's not a bad guy, but one that bad things happen to.

Mike
The Grim Reader
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love. It's a funny thing. It can make you, it can break you. It can also turn you into a sexual deviant, one who seeks to indulge in the pleasures of the flesh be they living or dead. Well, such is the case with Kristopher Triana's latest book, Toxic Love. Here is a deranged, perverted tale about death, necrophilia, love, sex and pretty much everything in between. The book is at times hilarious, the dialogue is superb, Mike is a great lead character. I had a lot of (twisted) fun reading this.

Bill
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
No guts, no glory hole.

This one is an extremely brutal and super inappropriately funny, blood and gore soaked fuckfest. There is so very much “wrong” with this one. I wonder what kind of a sicko I must be to have laughed at all the very disgusting and retch inducing action. I think I may be riding to hell in a blanket of undigested refried beans.

(view spoiler)
Autumn
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man o man, another crazy story that you just can't put down (but I forced myself not to read it in one day and enjoy). This is a crazy ass story about Mike, crime scene cleaner, meeting the woman who would change his life completely. Sage was rich but wanted the job for the sexual pleasure of it. Our friend Sage, you see, gets turned on by blood, guts and gore. At first I'm like, alright girl, I get it, a little blood and drama to get the juices flowing, but then she starts wanting to roll ...more
Jeremy Hanes
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don’t even know how to say anything about this book. My jaw was on the floor for most of it. A grisly, wild ride into the depths of several people you don’t want to know about but keep reading to find out. If you got an iron stomach read it and enjoy the ride excellent story and progression. Excellent characterization. Excellent descriptors that make you imagination go wild with disgust. Get it, read it. Discover the toxic love you never realized you needed.
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary | "Empathy" - Look it up.
Cthulhu on a cracker. This was some messed up sh*t.

Full review to come.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review consideration.
Brad Tierney
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Jawbone

That was an insane trip to go on, with Mr Triana delivering again when it comes to his unflinching splatter style. I didn’t put this book down, except once to pee, and finished it in one session. I’ve bought all of Mr Triana’s books, everything I’ve read by him has been an instant classic. 5/5 Skulls.
Rajeev Singh
For most of the book, I was spellbound by the realism that Kristopher Triana brought to a theme like necrophilia, riding on solid characterization, stunningly creative metaphors and a total lack of dull moments. I wonder what it says about me for savouring it all, reliving it with crime-scene cleaner Mike Ashbrook as he orchestrated such shocking acts of coitus as taking his beautiful associate on top of a still-warm and succulent dead body. To picture Sage as a blood-soaked seductress was a ...more
Travis Davis
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A slick, sick ride!

This is my first experience reading Kristopher Triana but it definitely won’t be my last! Mike Ashbrook was a very enjoyable character and it was fun watching him go from a regular guy into a pretty depraved individual and Sage is a wonderfully insane character who’s acts of perversion only got worse as the book speeds along at a fantastic pace.If you’re into extreme horror then you are in for a pretty great time. Highly recommended!
Patricia Ward
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extreme

This is one of the most depraved sexy books I have read. Great fast read. Couldn't put down. Great story with mobsters and orgies with body parts and sexual deviance, I loved it!
Donald Barker
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Toxic Love” by Kristopher Triana (bloodbound books)
Triana’s gone to town on this one. It’s not for the squeamish, that’s sure. To describe his content as gross would be to grossly insult it. To say it was grossly gross would still be putting it mildly. “Hark, the bells ring out for ever. The dead and the living dance together:” A quote from a long gone horror tale. Of course the dead cannot dance, at least in this world. But they or what is left of them can be danced on. They can be interfered
Elisa
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very, very disturbing book. Mike lost his family and his job and is trying to rebuild his life with a job that pays well and he's relatively good at: crime scene cleaner. Out of all the crappy jobs out there, that has to be the worst, but Mike is one of the few people who can stand it, so he's doing mostly OK. This all changes when a new employee joins his company. Sage is beautiful and sexy and has a deeply demented fetish that will turn Mike's life upside down. Readers with a weak ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Mike Ashbrook is a crime scene clean up tech, who is divorced and not working a corporate job. He doesn't work regular hours and enjoys what he does. Sage Jaworzyn is new to crime scene clean up yet holds a dark secret~she gets off on blood and violence. Sage and Mike become lovers overnight. The messier the crime scene the better. Can Mike keep up with his new lover? Can he still do his job? Find out in Toxic Love.
Josh Warfel
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great, grisly, and demented novella. First class extreme horror!
GaborH.
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mike is a middle-aged crime scene cleaner. His new co-worker is a beautiful young woman who finds blood erotically stimulating. Their joint work leads to increasingly perverted and dangerous situations.
The book has some serious necrophilia in it, so if you are sensitive to such things, then this novel is not for you.
The writing is very talented, the story is extreme and explicit.
Repetitive inner torment and a drawn-out ending mars somewhat this otherwise very enjoyable and hardcore read.
Justin Zimmerman

• Polish Extreme
  • Exquisite Corpse
  • The Big Book of Serial Killers
  • Bind, Torture, Kill: The Inside Story of the Serial Killer Next Door
Kristopher Triana is the author of Full Brutal, Shepherd of the Black Sheep, Body Art, The Ruin Season, Toxic Love and more.

His fiction has appeared in countless magazines and anthologies and has been translated into multiple languages, drawing praise from Publisher's Weekly, Cemetery Dance, Rue Morgue, Scream, The Ginger Nuts of Horror and others.

Full Brutal won the Splatterpunk Award for Best