Start by marking “In Any Light (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
In Any Light (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #6.5)

In Any Light

(The Rowan Harbor Cycle #6.5)

Isla MacKenzie is probably the strongest witch alive who can’t do magic. Her mentor died and left her with not one, but two jobs that would be difficult for any functional witch to fulfill, and she can’t manage so much as a simple cantrip to get started.

Add to that her growing feelings for Cassidy Simon, the town’s vampire bartender, and she feels like she’s on the precipi
Published February 7th 2019 by Sam Burns

To ask other readers questions about In Any Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Any Light

Start your review of In Any Light (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #6.5)
* A Reader Obsessed *
3 Stars

An extra glimpse into one of Rowan Harbor's residents!

This focuses on Isla, childhood friend of MCs Devon and Jesse, and she has her own important role to play in defeating the evil that has set its eyes on their supernatural community.

As always, this is peppered with the requisite self doubt and the event that turns said character on their head to reach further potential.

Isla is pushed to her limits, and this quick shorty also helps her solidify her love life as well!

Meags
3 Stars

In Any Light is a short that provides a brief glimpse into the lives of some of the secondary characters of the supernatural town of Rowan Harbor.

Set directly after the events in Adder and Willow, this story focuses on struggling witch Isla as she learns to unlock the true strength of her magic while realising her feelings for vampire friend Cassidy.

I liked this F/F addition to the series, though it should be noted that the story doesn’t necessarily need to be read to get the full affec
BWT
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
In Any Light is adjacent to the The Rowan Harbor Cycle series and does not feature any of the three main couples.

Isla MacKenzie is a lot of things...including, but certainly not limited to daughter, friend, witch, asexual, and champion at being hardest on herself. Because Isla hasn't been able to unlock her power, she's considered to be probably the strongest witch alive who can't actually do any magic, but after the events in Adder and Willow when her mentor died it's now fallen to Isla to take
Achim
Isla deserved her own story even if it is a bit short. Isla deserved her happy end even if the I-Love-You's felt a bit anticlimactic. Fortunately Cassidy is as undramatic as Isla and what's to be said against a confession between picking the post, telling your girlfriend that you nearly died and preparing a bath together. ...more
Cadiva
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely little snippet of Isla and Cassidy

I loved this little catch up with Isla finding out how to use her witch power and the way it was linked in to her feelings for Cassidy the vampire.

There's also a nice sneak peek with Isla's brother Lachlan and the siren Sallie finally getting their romance on track too.
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
A short little insight on into Isla and how she finds her magic
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing

When Sam Burns introduced the character Isla in the previous books I was very intrigued of her. She was always kind of fascinating which her way she's displayed and her attitude. Some might not like her, with her impatience and maybe inexperience but I could connect to her and wanted to see how she grows.

In In Any Light this is exactly shown and I was really happy to see Isla is realizing the importance of her role
Ekollon
Does this book...even count as a romance?

I feel weird saying that, but I was kind of pumped for an f/f romance, and (looking at the tags and other reviews), one with asexual representation.

But...the two characters who are supposed to be romantically involved spend basically no time on page together. The book still does other stuff that honestly I found interesting despite it being incredibly short (Isla does some neat things, both characterwise and adventure wise) but... romance? There kind of n
Judy Ferrell
Jan 16, 2022 rated it really liked it
Power

Isla has always felt like she didn't have control of her power. After Madam dies she is left with all her responsibility. Good to read.
Mishca
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short sweet interlude

This was just a quick story from Islas POV as she awakens to her powers after the events of the last book.

For those that would like to skip but want to know the main points keep reading:

**SPOILERS**
- Isla finds out she inherited Madame Corimiers position both on the town council but also in the Convocation
- Lachlan asks out Salli finally
- Isla having been there when Salli is told a strange siren is in town goes to confront the siren since Salli has disappeared with Lachl
Ami
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Isla -- finally finding her magic. But that's about it; I'm never really into Isla in the first place, so this is nice but not exactly memorable to me. Oh, except for the fact that Isla is asexual. So kudos for that. ...more
Angie
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Isla's FF Short

3 stars!

For fans of The Rowan Harbor Cycle Series this book is more like 6.5. Here we have Isla still struggling and a budding romance. The FF Romance is incredibly PG which is ok but I feel like it would have been ok to have more heat. What I was missing was more of an explanation of Isla's sexuality. I'm guessing the author was trying to describe her as asexual but I think being vague with it missed the mark.

Overall, this is an important part of the RHC journey. It is FF but in
Dolorianne
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
A cool short that allows us to see Isla discover her power. I think she's going to be a great addition to the council. Not only did she handle the immediate threat, but she was finally able to step back and see things more clearly. Cassidy is pretty cool too, so there was never any doubt that everything would work out on the romantic side of things. Glad to see Lachlan and Salli get their romance started too. ...more
CB
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku
An interesting series with 9 books - and I finally finished it when the last one released in December 2019. The MC's of each story get their HFN/HEA but there is an underlying threat to Rowan Harbor throughout the series that keeps bringing you back to them all and it does end in book 9.

This is the only f/f romance - it's short and no sex, just love and hints of...
Pamela Cunningham
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the seventh book in the flesh harbor series this time it's not only Isla's time to find love but also her brother and Sallie 's

I really like this series but this book wasn't as good or exciting as the previous books maybe because I'm not as invested in Isla as I am with the boys . Anyway an interesting little read that was far to short .
Jenn (not Lily)
Sep 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f, short
I think I've been wanting this story for a while. I understand why it had to come at this point, but I'm so very glad that Isla is a little more settled now (not to mention that other couple -- finally)!
Mnms
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Nice and sweet short story
Russell blain
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great short

Nice short that sheds light on the side players in the series. Liked how it grew as a story. Smooth build up.
ekaterin4luv
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
sweet but short
Kiki Z
Jul 15, 2021 rated it it was ok
Cute but could've used like 20 more pages. ...more
Sherry
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had to do a quick skim of the previous book to remind myself of who people were and what had happened. A nice read that shows Isla finding her magic.
kadairh
Apr 08, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: unlimited, kindle
Like another reader, helpful story but felt it was too truncated.
J
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, finally. Worth the wait. Although truncated.
Kay
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Isla has to figure out how to use her powers while also figure out her feelings for Cassidy the local vampire. Read Isla as an Ace character, a cute interlude to explain Isla gaining her powers.
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
A sweet look at Isla.

This is a little snippet of Isla, her struggles and her relationship with Cass.

Also, Lachlan finally gets the courage to make his choice!
Nix Buttons
It's always nice to have an asexual character, even if it's just a side-character :) ...more
WMD
May 03, 2019
Kristin
May 19, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Mage's Guide to Aussie Terrors (R'iyah Family Archives #2)
  • The Shackles That Hold Us (The Magi Accounts #2)
  • Spirited Situation (Ghostly Guardians #1)
  • A Mage's Guide to Human Familiars (R'iyah Family Archives #1)
  • Vortex Conundrum (Ghostly Guardians, #2)
  • Mack's Perfectly Ghastly Homecoming (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #2)
  • Ghost of Truth (Medium Trouble, #2)
  • The Sceptic (Arcana Books, #1)
  • How I Stole the Princess's White Knight and Turned Him to Villainy: Miracle 2 (Villainy, #2)
  • How I Stole the Princess's White Knight and Turned Him to Villainy: Miracle 3 (Villainy, #3)
  • Ruins (Wings 'N' Wands, #1)
  • How I Stole the Princess's White Knight and Turned Him to Villainy: Miracle 1 (Villainy, #1)
  • Mack's Rousing Ghoulish Highland Adventure (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations #3)
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #1)
  • The Tribulations of Ross Young, Supernat PA: Additional Incident LARPing
  • Blood (Scales 'N' Spells, #3)
  • The Scars That Bind Us (The Magi Accounts #1)
  • Ghost of Lies (Medium Trouble, #1)
See top shelves…

The Rowan Harbor Cycle (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Blackbird in the Reeds (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #1)
  • Wolf and the Holly (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #2)
  • Fox and Birch (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #3)
  • Hawk in the Rowan (The Rowan Harbor Cycle #4)
  • Stag and the Ash (The Rowan Harbor Cycle #5)
  • Adder and Willow (The Rowan Harbor Cycle #6)
  • Eagle in the Hawthorn (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #7)
  • Salmon and the Hazel (The Rowan Harbor Cycle #8)
  • Wren and Oak (The Rowan Harbor Cycle #9)
  • Rowan Harbor Trilogy One: Blackbird in the Reeds, Wolf and the Holly, Fox and Birch (Rowan Harbor Box Set #1)