Start by marking “Skater Boy (Patchwork House #1)” as Want to Read:
Skater Boy  (Patchwork House #1)

Skater Boy

(Patchwork House #1)

Rebels. Misfits. Bad boys who rule the streets. Everyone’s welcome at the worst kept secret in town, just as long as you don’t mind getting your reputation—and your heart—a little dirty.

Welcome to Patchwork House…

Patchwork House is a boy’s club—a mean boy’s club. They made an exception for Tweetie once, and they’re going to make another, because she’s coming home. After tw
Published April 25th 2019 by Unglued Books

To ask other readers questions about Skater Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skater Boy

Start your review of Skater Boy (Patchwork House #1)
Julia Wolf
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book mostly blind. I loved the cover and when the chance came to read an ARC, I jumped at it.

The story began somewhere in the middle, and it gave sort of a disorienting feel. I didn't know any of the players, or what Patchwork House was. It didn't turn me off though, I only wanted to keep reading to find out what in the world was going on.

Many answers were given early on, but a lot was slowly revealed at the story went on, making it pretty un-putdownable.

There were so many lines
Sonal
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One girl in the midst of rebels. The girl they all fiercely protected but he desperately loved from afar. Now he's done with staying away but being close to her means hurting her.

Because he is hiding secrets. Secrets that could destroy the love he's been pining for years.

I am not of this world anymore. How dare Mary do this to me?? Making me fall in love with Tweetie and the Rebel Gods within pages? Absolutely unfair!!

Y'all I'm a fool for these misfit boys with their tattoos and their broodin
Kris
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skater Boy combined so many of my favorite things beautifully into one unique novel. Strong and defiant, yet compassionate heroine. Obsessive alpha male. Angst. The down-to-the-bone, soul-crushing kind of love. The diversity in this book among its characters is one to thrive for.

Flip and Tweetie are the best example of soul mates I've read in a book lately. Soul mates at the wrong time, with their pasts fighting against them being united completely. Tweetie is a badass. Okay?! Bad. Ass. She's a
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Breath in, breath out.

I just literally finished this book and my head is still spinning from the amazing story I've read.
There are so many flashes from everything that happened in Tweetie and Flip's life that I'm not sure where to start this review.

First of all I NEED to YELL out loud how AMAZING this book is. The way it was written, the slow burn of a love so big, so intense that mark you without even touching it. Every page is a covered layer ready to be uncovered... it is absolutely FANTASTIC
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
'Skater boy': Is the first, full length New Adult book in new to me author Mary Catherine Gebhard's ‘Patchwork house’ series. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.' This is Tweetie's and Flips story. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS Image and video hosting by TinyPic Once upon a time, there was a land ruled by all-powerful and unyielding gods..

Patchwork House is one of the most notorious houses in Heaven Falls, housed by rebels, runaways and misfits. Housing Boys only.
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4.5 I didn't just fall for him, I slammed. STAR'S

“I would always, always find here. I would always, always be there. I would always, always save her. Even if it could only be as her shadow.”

My ♥Tweetie & Flip♥

“You're mine, I'm yours. Everyone else was just a distraction.”

“Ruin me. Ruin me over and over again, Tweetie. Because, goddam, it feels good.”

*Copy from Hidden Gems Books ARC Reviews - for honest review*

This is my very first read by Mary Catherine Gebhard so I really did
LianaReads blog
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m ashamed to admit that it is the first book that i’ve read by the author but I ’m so glad that I rectified that as Mary will have a reader for life.
Oh, Skater Boy, how many memories have you brought! Yes, I am the X generation kid that played all my spare time in the park with her friends and sometimes just staring and fangirling over a nice skater boy for ages.
I really like this book for so many reasons.
The author has created a world where a group of friends share the same house and live the
Katina Sprouse
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a follower of Mary Catherine Gebhard’s writing from the beginning of her career, I had high expectations for this book.

I was not disapointed.

Once again MCG has blown me away with the emotions, feelings, and overall fantastic story telling that she brings to each and every novel.

The story of Tweetie and Flip’s journey took me right back to being a teenager and falling in love. Everything in MCG’s latest novel is critically on point from the chapter titles, to the accurate descriptions of th
Jann
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was sent an ARC for a honest review. For the record I freaking love this book. The characters are well developed and the author draws you into their lives in a slow burn.
I’m not a huge fan of YA books,
this one rattled me in a good way.
It takes place in 1989 in the heyday
of skateboarding. I identified with the main character ‘Tweetie’ because I was her back in the day
running with my ‘boys’ while they surfed and drove muscle cars.
Mary Catherine Gebhard is a one click author for me and while di
My Own Bookshelves
Oh how the mighty of fallen.
For those who follow my reviews are going to take one look at the shelves and the rating. Yes, you are reading me eat my words.

This is proof that the characters can carry the story. We don't need sex to find ourselves immersed in a world but feel the tension of desire simmer between the two main characters. You can't help but root for Flip and Tweetie to get that HEA.

For those who love slow builds, development of the connection, this book is for you. For those who
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
** COMING SOON - FULL REVIEW **

4.25 PB and Banana Crowns

This was my first venture into the world of Mary Catherine Gebhard. From the moment I saw the cover and read the synopsis, I needed to read this book. The cover is original and captivating, and it’s about skate boarders, which is an untapped sport in the romance genre. Add to all that, a new group of rebel gods. It is all the things I love about NA romance wrapped up in a pretty bow.

I really enjoyed the diverse characters that grace the pa
Lindsay Hartman
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly, what a ride! Using flashbacks from several points in their lives to show the love story of Flip and Tweetie as it progressed over the course of 10 years, Mary Catherine Gephard created the ultimate slow burn and man was I into it. The way it jumped from the present (1989) to the past could get a little confusing if you weren’t paying attention to the chapter headers, but I really enjoyed the way it used the flashbacks to push the story forward. There were so many twists and turns that ...more
Sabrina
IT'S NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

This book was one big question mark for me. I started reading and right away I was confused and trying to figure out what exactly was going on. It starts off with the heroine, Tweetie's, POV in the present, which is actually 1989, but then has so many inner thoughts about events from the past that I wasn't honestly too sure if some things were happening in the actual present or if it was something that Tweetie was remembering. If I didn't know this was the firs
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
DNF @ 45%

This was a highly anticipated read for me. The premise of a skater girl in a male dominated world was so intriguing. Add in the fact that she was the lone girl in a group of of bad boys who protected her just had me all excited.

My main issue with this book was that I found it extremely difficult to follow this story. It was very confusing and I kept reading parts over and over to try and understand. There seemed to be holes in the plot. Either that or the writing just didn't flow well.
Mary Gebhard
Feb 04, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
SKATER BOY IS FINALLY LIVE!!!
BUY NOW: mybook.to/skaterboymcg
2.99 For a limited time or FREE on Kindle UNLIMITED!
"This is a huge 5 stars from me and I can see this series being one for the ages." Casey, Goodreads

Let's celebrate! YOU COULD WIN:
A signed copy of Player by Staci Hart
A signed copy of Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4 "Always Your Shadow" Stars ⭐️
Skater Boy was my first read my Mary Catherine Gedhard and I was really impressed by this first installment in the Patchwork House Series. The concept of the skating world was appealing and refreshing to me and had me really excited. It took me a few chapters to enter the story, but I was soon fascinated by its interesting characters. This romance is a very slow burn and kept me on my toes all read long, anticipating Tweetie and Flip’s feelings to finally gr
Alla
I think I was expecting some kind of a different story when I started it.
I didn´t love it, which I hoped I would when I started it. The synopsis was very interesting and I found the whole skatboard thing very appealing. The cover is amazing, I love it.
I did like the story, but there was something missing for me. I can´t put my finger on what it is. It´s just missing...something. It had good, likeable moments and I´m interesting to read more about the "Rebel Gods". Their stories look interesting
Shelly hammett
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s-2019
My inner Avril Lavigne slammed for this circa late eighties early nineties patchwork of a love story.Nate aka Flip was a very complex and interesting character and Tweetie had no idea what was to come to her

Stupid. Breathless. Brain not working. A shirtless poster was one thing; Flip in person was enough to fry my neurons.

She was spring. She was light. She was forbidden fruit
Snow
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read this a while ago...and never got to write a review :/

anyhow, I love Mary Catherine Gebhard's writing that's for sure...

everything else is a bonus.
Paula  Phillips
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Years ago, when the main female lead known as Tweetie was younger, she loved to skateboard with her dad despite her home upbringing, she loved her father. Then one day she is with some new friends, and her father is out looking for and crashes and is killed. Tweetie, after some perseverance on her part, goes to live with the motley crew that is known as the Patchwork boys. She stays for a while, and as she gets older, she is the one girl who is off limits to everyone. She is like their little si ...more
Na
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
"They were the Rebel Gods of Heaven Falls, and their religion was sin, debauchery, and corruption...and they were worshiped as they should be."

Skater Boy was my first book by Mary Catherine Gebhard and she wooed me right of my couch while I was reading this great story. At first I kept thinking "It totally feels like I have read this before" and tried to think of a book that might have had the same or similar story line. But I came up empty. Now I keep thinking that this book was made for me to
Trilina
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skater Boy was clever, well written-- a raw love story between broken characters that only found their whole hearts when they put the pieces together. Mary Catherine Gebhard created juicy, delicious characters that had me wanting more and smiling like a loon at the end! Skater Boy was refreshing, fun and made my heart do a couple of kickflips.
Casey
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will be the first to admit, this wasn’t a book I was expecting from MCG. While saying that, I wasn’t disappointed. I was actually pretty excited to see this side of her.

This book starts off present day, but you quickly get a glimpse of how it all starts. What you don’t get, just then, is how it all fell apart.

Throughout the book this author leads you on a journey of understanding. With each piece she gives you, you feel as though a puzzle is clicking into place.

In the beginning Tweetie is w
Anne Milne
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first book in a brand new series and what a fantastic way to kick it off. The story flies between timelines alot but I still found it easy to follow.

We start the journey with Tweetie returning to Patchwork House after an absence of two years. It takes time to understand the dynamics of the story and the players. A bunch of misfits have formed a family of their own. As the story progresses the reader realises the main objective has always been to protect Tweetie even at the cost of their own
✿Nancy✿
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Love was messy. Love was complicated. You took a leap and you hoped you didn't slam.”

This is the very first book that I have read by Mary Catherine Gabhard and I gotta say I really enjoyed it!!! All of the characters are very likable and I did NOT want to put it down. Skater Boy is absolutely a book I will be recommending to everybody! So, if you haven't read this wonderful story yet do yourself a favor and do so. Can't wait for the next book in this series!!!

Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
Young adults who live above the law, a world-famous skater and a sweet girl who lives under their protection. Welcome to the Patchwork House, where the skateboard is the means of transportation and the walls hide big secrets.

Skater Boy is a total slow-burn that shows the evolution of feelings between Tweetie and Flip, who met when the girl was still a child. A child who lost everything in one moment, but on the other hand gained a group of protectors who accepted her as the only girl to live in
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have been a fan of Mary Catherine Gebhard since reading her dark mafia duet, Beast and Beauty. In this story we meet Tweetie and Flip and the rest of the misfit Rebel Gods of Patchwork House, where the rebels and runaways reign supreme. I thought this story had a unique premise set in the late 80's where skateboarding was prevalent and popular. The characters were engaging and provided a good stage for a YA romance between Tweetie and Flip.

In this story we see the back and forth romance of Fli
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
I was intrigued from the start. The story sucked me in and I couldn’t stop reading until secrets were revealed.

This book is set in the past and follows Tweetie. She is a female skateboarder trying to make it pro in a male dominated world. She is also trying to find her true love who meets the requirements for her checklist.

Flip use to be the best in the world. That was until his world was turned upside down. Now he lives in the shadows making sure everyone is taken care of.

These two have a slo
Keri Loves Books
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Top Read for 2019!!! The story, the characters, the family they created delivered an absolutely unforgettable, utterly fantastic story!!! I cannot stop thinking about Tweetie and Flip!

A young girl left with nothing, found an uncoventional family. A bunch of social outcasts that cared for and made her a home. They made a life for her. They gave her a family. And ultimately they loved and protected her.

And then there was Flip. The skater boy that she never forgot. Their history is complicated.
Emily (Emily.Reads_)
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

I really enjoyed this story! Mary is a new to me author and I was really excited to read this book, and it was so good! The love story of Flip and Tweetie is most definitely a unique one at that!

There are several twists and turns throughout this book and you switch back and forth between the past and the present, and both Flip and Tweetie’s POVs. It was nice to know what was going on in both of their heads and especially their lives, for during the times they were apart.

I also really l
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Boys That Tease (Lords of Wildwood, #1)
  • The Rebel of Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels #1)
  • The Moth and the Flame (When Rivals Play, #2)
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)
  • The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1)
  • Bad Boy Blues
  • Bad For Me
  • Kiss and Break Up (Magnolia Cove, #1)
  • The Best Kind Of Mistake (Best Kind Novella, #1)
  • Drummer Girl
  • Here Lives a Corpse (Here Lies #1)
  • Dirty Girls
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • Rush: The Beginning (Black Hearts Still Beat, #1)
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Mason (Trinity Academy Book 2)
  • Chase the Butterflies
  • When Rivals Fall (Bayshore Rivals #1)
I'm in love with men who stop at nothing for their women, so I write them!

Join my newsletter to get freebies and a FIRST look at my upcoming books
CLICK ME

Join my reader group to chat with me and get exclusive content
CLICK ME

Follow me on Bookbub to be the first to find out on deals

Follow me on Book + Main for first looks & teasers
CLICK ME

Patchwork House (4 books)
  • RG (Patchwork House #2)
  • Untitled (Patchwork House #3)
  • Untitled (Patchwork House #4)