Start by marking “Lady Bits” as Want to Read:
Lady Bits

Lady Bits

A troubled mother commits an unspeakable act to banish the demon that lurks in her root cellar. Ghosts from the past won’t release their hold on a young woman. A girl in search of a new job as a nanny finds herself in charge of a mysterious package that requires much more care than any child.

Lady Bits collects sixteen tales from Bram Stoker and Shirley Jackson award nomina
Published March 2019 by Journalstone /Trepidatio

To ask other readers questions about Lady Bits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Bits

Start your review of Lady Bits
Eddie Generous
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unnerving Magazine Review

Listen to my interview with author here: Kate Jonez joins me to chat her collection Lady Bits, female rage, method writing, editing, and taking the next step in fiction writing.

Lady Bits is suspenseful, scary, riveting, and continuously surprising. Stories where things are happening in fantastically loud and oftentimes gruesome fashions, carved out with a literary edge. Full bodied characters in difficult situations taking the routes offered to them in a way that becomes
Ann O'Nymos
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, freda, hiddengem
This is a nice collection of little short stories of curiosities. There are some about the abyss of the human psyche, some supernatural horrors, some you don't know what you have just read. All stories are interesting, there are a few that have the theme of deranged mothers and their children in common, but mostly all are different, except for the fact that they´re featuring a female MC. But you never know, will she be the victim or the culprit?
I also liked the shortness of them. Each story abou
Nancy
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I love this Amazing collection of short stories!!! Each one took me to a dark place 🖤. I was unsettled and very disturbed. I love the fact that the main protagonist in each story is Female💪🏽. This was my first Kate Jonez book and will definitely not be my last. 👏🏽💪🏽🙌🏽 Highly recommend!
Marco Wolf
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An amazing collection! Each story floored me. I highly recommend it.
Rude Gurl
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not finished with this book yet but had to go ahead and say WOW. BUY THIS BOOK!!!!!!!
A.E. Santana
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gwen attempts to get her life on track and may have found the answer to success but at what cost? La-La watches the trains go by, saying farewell to the living and the dead. Delaine slides in and out of the past to perfect her murder and learns the sticky truth about time slipping away.

The 2019 Bram Stoker Award nominated short story collection Lady Bits by Kate Jonez contains sixteen stories of the strange, twisted, and gruesome. The stories in this collection center around women who find them
Danielle
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am not always a fan of the short story collection; however, this book of collected shorts by Kate Jonez is worth the price of admission. I didn't love all these stories, but the writing was fantastic in all of them, and there were several that really packed a punch to my psyche.
I think that most women would be able to relate to at least one of these women highlighted in these stories.
I highly recommend this collection.
Brian Mcclain
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Starting off with a couple doozy's of stories and not really letting up until the end this is a great collection. The stories all have their share of horror but there's more to them, often it felt like a distinct sadness that you can read between the lines. I found them very entertaining and finished reading this in two sittings. Definitely recommended.
Kristyn
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
I love this collection! There are some excellent standout stories in this. My favorites are All the Day You'll Have Good Luck, By the Book, and A Flicker of Light on Devil's Night. All of the stories had something I liked though. I recommend this for anyone who likes short stories centered around women.
Hannah
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
Overall, I really enjoyed this collection of short stories. Most of them were well timed with punchy endings and had just enough darkness to be eerie and unsettling. A couple of them I didn't really get or felt were too short to have the same impact as others, which is what kept me from giving it a full five stars.

I am voluntarily reviewing this after receiving a free copy
Jamie
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good horror collection, and I especially love ones that dip into southern gothic fiction. Lady Bits is a strong collection, full of stories about wandering tramps, devious children, eerie folklore, and dangerous women. The stories are dark, gritty, and incredibly atmospheric, every story was a surprise for me and I had a lot of fun reading each one. Despite falling under the category of horror, the stories lack scares but deliver grotesque people and never shies away from extreme topics ...more
Megan
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
The unexpected monster is the best monster. Hits and misses but written well.
Elizabeth
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Fitting stories for the Halloween season, but the edition I have is poorly edited.
Beatriz Gonzalez

• The Possession of Natalie Glasgow
  • Twelve Nights at Rotter House
  • The Ickabog
  • Hell House
  • Nightmare Magazine, Issue 86 (November 2019)
  • If It Bleeds
  • This Sublime Darkness: And Other Dark Stories (Things In The Well)
  • Giraffe & Flamingo
  • Dear Laura
  • Please Like Me [But Keep Away]
  • Kind of Hindu
  • To Be Devoured
  • The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories
  • The Gift (Hush collection)
  • Psycho (Psycho #1)
  • The Dead Zone
  • Prosper's Demon
Dark fantasy and horror author Kate Jonez has twice been nominated for the Bram Stoker Award ® and once for the Shirley Jackson.

She is also the chief editor at the Bram Stoker Award winning press Omnium Gatherum which is dedicated to publishing unique dark fantasy, weird fiction and horror.

Kate is a student of all things scary and when she isn’t writing she loves to collect objects for her cabin