Start by marking “Samsara: Wolf Howling” as Want to Read:
Samsara: Wolf Howling

Samsara: Wolf Howling

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  17 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A winding tale set in the heart of the French Quarter in New Orleans, Wolf Howling is the first of five books in the series Samsara. There is a puzzle to discover; a path among the brick alleyways and uneven streets.

Gather around, you travelers and malcontents. Come and sit a spell here with the gamblers, musicians and thieves. Yes, yes...right here. They wait for you, you
Paperback, First, 200 pages
Published October 31st 2018 by Light Rising Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Samsara, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Samsara

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·

Start your review of Samsara: Wolf Howling
Tony Parsons
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New Orleans, LA. French Quarter. Albert (12, narrator) knows trying to find Sinclair (19, writer/author, artist/painter) is like looking for a needle in the hay stack.
Lou (husband/father, alcoholic) abused Albert & gave him severe whippings.
wife/mom (nurse, Baton Rouge) thought Albert was Autistic or had OCD.
She took him to see a counselor but had no about the sharks he saw all the time.

Later the Dr. Robert Hawkins (Psychologist) at the Counseling & Psychological Services called Lou about Al
Lee
Mar 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
You get the feel of the streets of New Orleans from Van Brunt's novel, but other authors have done as well if not better. Please read "look inside" this book (as Amazon allows) before purchasing. You'll get a taste of Chapter 2, which I briefly discuss below.

The entire novel seems predicated on finding the largest bunch of weirdos possible and dropping them into scenes. The idiocy starts as early as Chapter 2 with a master headcase named Albert, who also has the filthiest mouth and the craziest
Southern Today Gone Tomorrow
Written by Brian Van Brunt, Wolf Howling was a somewhat interesting read, however the characters were difficult to follow.

Overall, I think this is a novel that is good if you like a lot of characters and an indirect method for describing how things happen.

For me, the writing style and characters made this story VERY difficult to get through, and if you are a stickler for a liner style of writing, this is definitely not for you.

I did receive a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Barbara Ranous
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review this book - appreciate it.

The descriptions of New Orleans and some of its inhabitants were interesting and well done. For me the premise of the story didn't resonate.
Nikki
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow start but picks up

This book starts off slow but picks up at the end. It’s a little confusing at times but was a good read overall.
Cristy
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I won this as a Good Reads give away and am very grateful for the opportunity to read this book. The description of New Orleans was very detailed, however the subject of the book was not for me.
Patrice Leonard
DNF at 15% with no rating.
I just couldn't follow this one. It was all over the place. It actually gave me a low-grade headache.
So I quit while I was ahead.
Rani
Nov 10, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Won in a goodreads giveaway. I felt the book was as convoluted as the synopsis. I couldn't get through it, which is very rare for me.
Ashley
Sep 13, 2019
Lynne Claybaugh
Mar 31, 2019
Heather Bane
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was different from my usual reads. Most of the book was slow and I was lost throughout the book but when it got to the part that picked up it was emotional and intense. It also has a lot of vulgar language. But it gave you an idea of what’s going through someone’s mind before they snap and a look at others day before things go way bad. But it had me really emotional at one point.
Melissa Cheresnick
rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2019
Heather Bennett
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wolf Howling is a great paranormal book with great characters. This book is well written and I hope to read more from this author.
Garrett
May 25, 2020
Katrina Bartelt
rated it did not like it
Mar 09, 2019
Brian Van Brunt
Jan 25, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
LeeEllen
Wendy King

• The Hunt for the Seventh
  • The Stone Child
  • Stolen Children
  • Deep and Dark and Dangerous (A Ghost Story)
  • Julie of the Wolves (Julie of the Wolves, #1)
  • Green Jasper (The de Granville Trilogy, #2)
  • Blood Red Horse (The de Granville Trilogy, #1)
  • The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #1)
  • Blaze of Silver (The de Granville Trilogy, #3)
  • A Short History of Drunkenness
  • The Unleashing (Call of Crows, #1)
  • The Unyielding (Call of Crows, #3)
  • The Undoing (Call of Crows, #2)
  • Talk to the Paw
  • Not Even Bones (Market of Monsters, #1)
  • Cupid's Match (Cupid's Match, #1)
  • Modern Mediterranean - Sun-drenched recipes from Mallorca and beyond
  • Meetings: Smart Skills
Brian Van Brunt has worked in the counseling field for more than 20 years, and specializes in educational counseling, behavioral intervention and support, and issues related to mental health and alcohol/substance abuse by students. He is also a prolific writer, having authored numerous books, book chapters, and articles. He has additionally produced various assessment instruments, video training m ...more