Start by marking “The Heat (Menage in Manhattan, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Heat (Menage in Manhattan, #2)

The Heat

(Playing for Love #3)

An alternative cover edition of ASIN B01CN19QHQ can be found here.

One uptight Southern chef. Two wickedly hot investors who want to teach her to sin a little. A steamy workplace ménage!

My restaurant is failing.

My parents are just waiting to say ‘I told you so.’

But I don’t want to give up. I’ll do anything to save my business. Anything.

Then restaurant investors Owen Lamb
Published January 2019 by Amazon Digital Services (first published May 19th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heat

Talltree
Apr 22, 2016 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid  ·  review of another edition
DNF...book was like an effing soap opera,too much crammed in it
Miranda Whore
If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Playing with Piper is a menage romance with M/F/M erotic scenes and relationship. Piper is in over her head with her restaurant. Her family sucks and is trying to sabotage her at every turn, but she's determined to make her own way and prove them wrong.

I love both Owen and Wyatt. They both have a well-developed past that helps you connect to them as a reader. They are both sexy and alpha. Fighting the temptation of Piper is nearly impossible
twelvejan [Alexandria]
I find their individual personal issues more exciting than their love story.
Mar 31, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Beyond bad

Very poorly written. Characters not well developed or described at all.
The situations were ridiculous and unrealistic. It was like a high school girl tried to write without any real experience. It was unrealistic and painful to read.
Saskia
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Piper's story. Loved the little quotes that start each chapter, they set the mood. I felt their was a real connection between the characters and they were dealing with a lot of stuff, but they handeled it well. And the book made me hungry
Debbie
Oct 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh! DNF 86%

There were so many times I thought to myself why am I reading this and then something interesting would happen. And then I come upon this line, "When Wyatt goes down on me, I feel one with him."

Are you fucking serious? That is the biggest load of bs I've seen/heard in a long time!

And then I was gonna read it just to see how the cooking contest turned out until a few pages later I realized I couldn't care less.

Overall this one was disturbingly stupid.
wiwi
i love the first book.. and really waited for piper for a beginning. but... meh
Nadine Bookaholic
Piper has been under a lot of pressure since she inherited her Aunt's restaurant, she has a waitress that is constantly chewing gum (so not professional at all) and a cook that is drunk most nights. There was a stipulation in the will that said she cannot fire the current employees unless she is able to pay them their yearly salary as a severance package, since she is struggling there is no way she can afford to fire them or even hire new employees. In walk Owen Lamb and Wyatt Lawless, friends o ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars from Renee & Brianna!

Tara Crescent is a brand new author for us and man are we glad we picked up this series. Having not read her before, we were excited and she did not let us down. We have a dirty little secret in the romance novels we read, we love m/m/f & m/f/m romances. The are so risque... taboo... naughty... but so delicious. And Tara? Knocked it out of the park.

The Playing For Love series is a three book series with standalone novels in each. We are introduced to three
Renee Entress
4.5 Stars from Renee & Brianna!

Jessica
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sexy and suspenseful

This was a ménage story that was more about the 3 characters lives and their relationship and not as much about sex. It’s more a new adult romance, than hardcore erotica.
Piper comes from a wealthy family but has always wanted to be a chef and run her own place. Her business is failing that she inherited from her aunt due to the severe constrictions the trust has placed on her. In walk Owen and Wyatt wanting to invest. They help her turn around the restaurant and they also f
Tami czenkus
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Playing for Piper has to be my favorite so far in the Playing for love series.
I am a huge fan of Ménage stories and Tara Crescent Nails it every single time!!
Piper, Wyatt and Owen all have their own demons they have to deal with when they all come out of the woodwork. The thing they don't realize is that they don't have to go at it alone anymore...
There are people throwing obstacles at them at every turn, They just have to realize that they are smarter as a triad than trying to battle them al
Melanie Marnell
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bumpy Road To Love

Three people becom business partners, face adversity together, overcome the odds together, confess and reconcile family conflicts together and fall in love with each other while doing so. Owen Lamb, Piper Jackson and Wyatt Lawless sizzle off the page as they deal with everything that's thrown at them. The road to love is not a smooth one and adding a měnage to the mix definitely creates a lot more bumps along the wat. Great characters, interesting storyline with just the right
Maria Almeida
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You did it again

Awesome amazing great love it can't get enough how many more I hope there is much more I have become addicted
Sherry Vitaniemi
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Down not out

I love how piper pushes back finally. When she needs her backbone she uses it. I does help to have her two guys in her corner. Just she is always in theirs. Lucky lady.
Angelia
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot.....

I give this book 5 stars. I whole heartedly recommend this book. I couldn't put it down. It was well written.
Julie
Twists and turns,

Truly enjoyed this one, there were plenty of storylines going on, each character had some kind of drama, but thankfully a very happy ending,
Nancy
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!
Ruth Marie Cox
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really like this story! This is an actual story instead of the bump and grind. I liked Wyatt,Owen and Piper. I will read more from this author.
Renee
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: want-to-read
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Piper Jackson has inherited her Aunts restaurant which is failing miserably due to the debt she inherited along with it. Owning a restaurant has always been Pipers dream much to her socialite parents dismay. They are willing to do anything to see Piper fail and have her move back to New Orleans to find a suitable husband. Piper has other plans and with the help of her two new hot partners, things are sure to heat up in and out of th
Adrianna Widick
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm completely in love with this serious! Playing with Piper had me on my toes and unable to put it down. Tara's work has always been realistic with characters that are well developed, and Playing with Piper is no exception. Tara has the ability to put Wyatt, Owen and Piper's points of view of everything that goes on into one cohesive piece that has her readers piqued right from the start. I enjoyed how all three characters have their individual conflicts that start out as their own, but as thei ...more
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
I am loving the Playing For Love series and Playing For Piper is fantastic addition to this series.

Piper is a strong willed Southern girl, but she's been dealt a hand that is harder than she first thought. Her dream was always to be chef, even if her parents hated the idea. She's left a restaurant upon her aunt's death, but the terms of will are very specific with what and how she runs it. She's barely treading water but refuses to give up just yet.

In walks two very sexy men with a proposition t
Jodi Cain
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series gets better and better. Piper, Owen and Wyatt are perfect together. They all have a sense of humor, they are all very driven and they don't like taking crap from anyone. It was refreshing when they all let go of their past and were free finally. Can't wait to read Wendy's story.
Barbara
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Piper has inherited a restaurant from her aunt. The restaurant is under the purview of lawyers and there are stipulations that she has to adhere to. Her bff Bailey's boyfriend, Celebrity Chef, Sebastian is looking for a new chef and has been checking out Piper's place not knowing that the chef is his girl's bff. He finds she doesn't want to leave her place and he sees she's going to lose it if things don't change. So he sends his friends Lawless and Lamb who own several well-known restaurants to ...more
Sophie Stern
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Piper is a sweetheart who works hard and doesn't complain. Life has dealt her a crappy hand with overbearing parents who are never satisfied, but she does her best to keep moving forward. When her aunt dies and leaves her a restaurant, it's a dream come true for Piper. Unfortunately, the terms of the will make it hard for her to do ANYTHING, much less save the restaurant.

Enter Owen and Wyatt.

DAMN.

These two restaurant gurus know what it takes to turn a restaurant around and while they start looki
Cally
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in Tara Crescent's playing series.

Piper Jackson inherited her aunt's restaurant but unfortunately she was left the debt of the restaurant. Her aunt also put it in the will that Piper must pay each member of staff a year's salary if she wants to get rid of them. Unfortunately due to the debt of the restaurant Piper is unavailable to do this nor can she afford to bring in any new staff.

Her straight laced parents are waiting in the wings to watch the restaurant fail miserably
Starla
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I decided to read Playing with Piper after reading Betting on Bailey (not that you need to read one before the other, I just wanted to read Piper's story). I really felt for Piper, she is killing herself trying to get her aunt's failing restaurant to be a success. When Wyatt and Owen decide to invest in Piper none of them know where things will lead. I love the balance between the three of them. Piper is perfect for both Wyatt and Owen and they are the absolute best thing for Piper. I was glued ...more
Kathy
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tara Crescent gives another Hot book

PIper inherited a restaurant from her Aunt who passed away. It was run down, the employees were paid too much for the lousy service they gave,but according to the terms of the will she couldn't let them go or loose the restaurant. For two weeks she notices these same two men sitting in the back, eating. When she finds out who they are, Owen and Wyatt. They are there to see if she was doing any illegal activities.
Soon as time passes, they share a half bottle
Wendy
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3rd novel in the Playing for Love series. They can be read alone, but the characters and stories will make more sense if you begin at the beginning :)

Piper's restaurant is failing and she thinks that she knows why. Enter two restaurant "fixers" to the rescue - and it doesn't hurt that they are really attractive too! While fighting to fix Piper's restaurant within some very tight parameters, they also are fighting the attraction they feel for each other.

It was interesting to find out the back s
Daria

Tara's Playing for Love series just has been a lot of fun. Playing with Piper is a standalone and makes a great add to an already great series.

All three Wyatt, Owen and Piper have serious issues they need to deal with in order to move on. The past, present and assuredly for their individual future as well as any hope for a future together.

Some danger, a stupid contract, not so awesome parents and old tragedies has shaped three peoples lives. They've moved in a direction to move on, but have th
  • Sinful Surrender (Psychic Menage, #1)
  • Acceptable Risk (Chattanooga Supernaturals, #3)
  • Sacrifices: Kingdom of Ara: Episode Four (New Haven #19)
  • The Naughty Angel and Her Three Very Wise Men (Naughty, #1)
  • Pursuing Paige (Mates of the Lycaon, #2)
  • Jenna's Submission (The ShadowDance Club, #2)
  • Invasion of Hearts (Soldiers of Pearl, #1)
  • Theirs to Punish (Theirs - Double Dom, #1)
  • Crafty Bastards (Suncoast Society, #12)
  • A Virgin for Two Brothers (The Virgin Auctions, #2)
  • Bound to be Taken (Emergence #1)
Hello, I’m Tara Crescent. I've always fantasized about being a mysterious spy, leading a secret double-life, and now, I find that that’s come true!

Sort of.

By day, I’m a mild-mannered corporate drone in Toronto, but by night, I’m limited only by my imagination; I sit, and I type, and I am a daring writer of BDSM, erotica and romance.

In my spare time, I write of course. I also read, garden, trave

Playing for Love (5 books)
  • Betting on Bailey (Playing For Love #1)
  • Gambling with Gabriella (Playing For Love #2)
  • Wagering On Wendy (Playing For Love, #4)
  • Messing with Miki (Playing For Love, #5)