Start by marking “The Psychopath” as Want to Read:
The Psychopath

The Psychopath

Suspenseful Romance

No two criminals are alike, and Quinn knows this more than most. After months of stress and pleading, his study has been approved. His participants all reside under one roof: Greenwood Prison.

The men sitting opposite him have done awful things, but Quinn’s not there to judge; he’s there to work through a psychopath checklist.

He needs psychopaths for
Published January 21st 2019 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Psychopath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Psychopath

Start your review of The Psychopath
Judith
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

The Psychologist and The Psychopath...

What would you do,if you found yourself attracted to a man convicted of a violent crime?

THE SETTING:

Greenwood prison,home to some of the most dangerous men.

THE CHARACTERS:

It's taken Quinn months of planning but he's finally got approval for a case study of seven men who have committed some of the worst crimes.

Zane has been in prison for seven years for a crime he claims he has no recollection of.

THE PLOT:

Right from the start it's obvious there's a lot more
Shin Mon Thway
While I really enjoyed reading this story, comparing with the glory of “The Freshman” by the same author, I would have to say that this is not as good as “The Freshman”. I kinda wish I read this one first instead of reading “The Freshman” because I would have way more enjoyed this one then.
P

I never really felt like Zane was a dangerous psychopath criminal in this book. And I loved the emotional manipulation but I just felt like Zane was a very clever guy, not a violent, psychopath criminal.
Nazanin
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2019
3.5 Trickster Stars

I don’t know what really bothered me more in this story; maybe it was the insta-love/lust if I could name it insta. It was like from the beginning we knew Zane wanted Quinn and it didn’t really work out for me. Another thing, I wanted to know what’s going on in Zane’s mind, I wanted to hear his thoughts, I wanted to know where his attraction toward Quinn came from. So if we could have had Zane’s POV it would be much better. But my main issue was the similarities between this
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Quinn and Zane

Sublime written story, sublime plot!!

Greenwood Prison... the place to be for Quinn to start his research for his study.
Seven psychopaths to interview and test.
All have commit heavy crimes, one even worse than the other.
Among them there is Zane.

Quinn is intrigued by the big, beautiful, impressive and imposing Zane and his heart does strange things. Zane is intrigued by Quinn and Zane is a master manipulator... throughout their sessions Zane takes control.
Zane is notorious, renown
Wynne Katherine
Jan 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: priority-books

YAAAAAS GURRRL

THIS BOOK SOUNDS LIKE IT'S GONNA BE HELLA SMOKIN HAWT, AND THIS BITCH IS HERE FOR ITTT

description

Blog : It's the Choo Choo train (pardon my ass for being weird)

Youtube : le youchube here

IG : and instagram where I post random shit
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
This was a cute short story. I liked the innocent Quinn taken in by Zane. I was expecting it to be more dark given the name but all in all an enjoyable story.
Ula'ndi Hart
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall book rating: 3.8
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3.5

Oh, I enjoyed this one!

For once, I started reading without checking it out first and I’m glad I did. I went into this blind and I really liked what I got in the end.

This isn’t Dark. But it sure was interesting.

Because I read it blind, I didn’t really know what to expect about Zane and really, that’s the best way to do this one.

It made me wonder how far the aspect of “mind-games” went in this story and there were moments I was seriously
Joyfully Jay
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: camille
A Joyfully Jay review.

Louise Collins does a bang up job painting Quinn as a rather green professional. We are introduced to Quinn as he makes his first visit to the prison to interview potential study subjects and the man is as nervous as can be—partly because he’s put himself in a position to require dangerous criminals as test subjects and partly because if this study goes tits up, he’ll have wasted the opportunity to get a jump start on his career as a professional. Throughout the
Nicole
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I could not put this down! Very interesting with a surprising ending!

Courtney Bassett
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Because who wouldn’t want to fall for a psychopath?

Though there are definitely similarities between this and the other I’ve read from this author, The Freshman, there are some major differences, not least of which how it resolves. I won’t give away spoilers, but I had my suspicions and was pleased with how it worked out.

The idea of being alone in a room with several different psychopaths/murderers on a weekly basis to conduct a study is so far beyond my comfort level it’s not even funny. I don’t
Lily
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it
*3.5 stars*
Donna
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, love-bytes
The blurb for this story intrigued me, but I’ll admit, I started reading not expecting to be wowed. A psychologist and a psychopath…how very Harley Quinn and the Joker, it just seemed too good to be true. But I thought the author did a great job with this story and I totally enjoyed it.

The majority of the book is set in Greenwood Prison, where MC Quinn has approval to study seven serial killers, psychopaths who can charm their victims into a false sense of security. But even knowing that, Quinn
Sabrina
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I actually enjoyed this very much???????????????

I am 100% sure Zane is the illegitimate child of Sherlock Holmes lmao

The ending? The plot twist? I loved this.

The title will send your mind in one direction and the story in another one. Brilliant.
♥️Victoria ♥️ ♥️love books♥️
3.8 stars very interesting plot
Makhda

(view spoiler)
Jenvile
It started off dark but it ended in a really light tone. I enjoyed it, even though some aspects might be unrealistic
RavenAngels
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked the book.
However the ending and conclusion seem a bit unrealistic/far fetched.
Rennie
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This didn’t end up being what I expected; I was thinking/hoping for a really dark read but this actually ended up being cute with the teeniest amount of creepy mixed in.
Smut Librarian
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With an interest in psychology and a penchant for true crime,The Psychopath by Louise Collins was a no brainer for me to pick up.

Zane Black is imprisoned for life after being convicted of murdering three people. He’s one of the “scary people” in prison, as he seems so nice and normal – but clearly, he harbours dark secrets to belong in such a place.

Quinn has invested a lot of time in preparing for his study, he needs to spend time interviewing and testing the worst types of murderers to prove
Ann
With book 2 we get almost as much UST goodness as book 1--including flirting, jealousy, sexy tantrums, manipulation--but the grit has been scaled back a notch, replaced with an honest to god Happily Ever Ending and a romantic epilogue.

I loved it. I thought book 1 needed a dash more romance, especially at the end. Maybe some will call the HEA a bit of a cop-out. Major spoiler: (view spoiler)
Libra
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was really good! I think I enjoyed this more than the author's other work "the Freshman", because I could see a genuine connection between Quinn and Zane. I liked their banter when theywere having their sessions. I can see some people not enjoying where the story is going towards the end if you wanted a genuinely dark story, but I quite liked it!
Kai Tyler
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Freaking Fantastic!
This author has got the whole slow-build/longing/suspense/forbidden romance thing down to an art form.

I thought The Freshman was great. She went a whole other level with The Psychopath.

Love love loved this. Every freaking word. Every freaking moment.

I couldn't stop reading it once I started. I had to take my phone everywhere until I finished.
Amanda
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bad-boys
I really enjoyed this. It did remind me of The Freshman but I found myself being drawn to Zane just as Quinn was. He was charming and very smart (which is a huge turn on).

I would have like a little more information at the end but without Zane’s point of view that would have been really hard to do. That dropped me down half a star.

4.5 enjoyable stars
Daniela
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book of the author and I'm deeply impressed. I don't understand why this book is flying under the radar when it is so good. I'm looking forward to reading more books from Louise.
M
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2019
*3.5 stars*
Was expecting so much for this one to surpass The Freshman but it didn't!! Still am glad the author is writing on prison theme and hope to read more.
Isabella
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
There's just something about Louise Collins!
I adore her dark, thrilling romances. This was a solid 4 stars & I will def continue reading anything she puts out.
Sharita Lira
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As much as I loved The Freshman, I believe this book had more of a satisfying ended. Didn't expect it to end the way it did.

Pallavi Dubey
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tionne
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I liked it but it wasn't dark at all which was disappointing.
Raneem
Addicting. Can't stop thinking about them. Loved it.

• Secrets & Lies
  • Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • I Saw You First
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • Once Upon a Time (Calluvia's Royalty, #3)
  • The Ghost of Ellwood (Ivy Grove, #1)
  • The Guy in the Window
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Worship (On My Knees Duet, #1)
  • Devil Next Door - Criminal Delights: Obsession
  • Wicked Lies Boys Tell
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1-7)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers #2)
  • The Boss
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Lost in a Moment (Trials of Fear #4)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
Writer of mm romance and erotica.

I write the stories I'd love to read, I hope you enjoy them too.
Lover of Romance but not without angst along the way.

Seduced by the dancing of a neanderthal and now a mother of two monsters.
Drinks tea with a passion, adores dogs, and their sea dwelling cousins.

Failed two chocolate eating challenges but will return for round three.