Start by marking “The Little Snowplow Wishes for Snow” as Want to Read:
The Little Snowplow Wishes for Snow

The Little Snowplow Wishes for Snow

The plucky little hero of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Little Snowplow returns in a story about wishing, waiting, and the magic of a first snowfall.

The little snowplow loves his job on the Mighty Mountain Road Crew, but the work he loves best is plowing snow. Throughout the year, he wishes for snow to come, but winter begins without a single flake in sight. As the
Published October 8th 2019 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about The Little Snowplow Wishes for Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Snowplow Wishes for Snow

Start your review of The Little Snowplow Wishes for Snow
Stephanie
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime
Story Time
Theme: Snow
Ages: Infant-3

I was surprised. It held the kids attention through the whole thing with no wiggles. It was like the kids were waiting for snow themselves!
Becky
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Waiting…and Hoping…..

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG: http://bookreadingtic.com/2019/11/01/... THANK YOU!

Ever want something so much, that you wait and wait hoping it will come—but after a long time, it doesn’t happen? That is the place the little snowplow is at. He’s happy and likes helping the other machines, but what he really loves is snow.

As the beginning of March approaches, his birthday, and still there is no snow, the little snowplow gives up on his dream, and glumly organizes his
Linda
All through the seasons, doing other work – "digging, pulling, lifting", but the most and best thing The Little Snowplow wished for was "snow"! Cold winds arrived in fall, no snow. Dark clouds gathered, no snow. The machines gathered together and even performed a "snowkey-pokey" on ice, no snow. The Little Snowplow heard it said that it was the warmest winter ever! He was sad and decided to think only about his birthday at the beginning of March. Invitations sent, he woke that birthday morning ...more
Julliet Abali
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read with my child. Such a fun children’s book. This hardcover book is about the little snowplow who goes through winter waiting and waiting for snow, but there’s no snow in sight. Now it’s March and still no snow. On the day of his birthday, he is surprised by an unexpected gift - SNOW!
The illustrations are beautiful and fun. My child loves machines so it was fun to see them enjoy the book.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Little Snowplow wants to work. But there is no snow. So he waits. And waits.

Winter comes and spring is coming soon. It's almost Little Snowplow's birthday.

At last he gets his wish; it snows. So much snow falls that he almost can't keep up. But he does. And then it's time for his party.

You'll never guess what Little Snowplow wishes for when he blows out his candles.

A Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel for 2019.
Becky
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure how to say it any other way - I LOVED EVERYTHING about this book! (It MIGHT be because I love snow - but you know, that's minor!) This is such a fun children's book - about a little snowplow who goes through winter and wishes for snow but gets NONE...until.....
his birthday! And the party that ensues makes me smile! I often donate my books to our library but I'm keeping this one! I love it THAT much!
Barbra
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
The little snowplow waits and wait for snow but none is in the forecast. His friends even try to make an icy rink but it just leads to a few crashes. Finally on his birthday in March he gets his wish. When he gets more than he bargained for his trucker friends all give him a hand. A cute and colourful story for young readers who love all sorts of trucks.
Jana
This cute picture book is great for all of the young fans of big trucks and other vehicles. The Little Snowplow in the story does all sorts of road work, but his favorite thing to do is plow snow. He wishes for snowy winters every year. One winter, however, it starts to look like it might not ever snow. Young readers who long for snowy weather will be able to relate to this story.
Mallory Hargett
Great book that could be used to demonstrate to students that it is great to help others.
Britt Margit
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I dig it.

I never before thought I'd want to be best friends with a snowplow. This tale is undeniably adorable, witty, funny, and sweet. A testament to friendship, wishes, and perseverance, and a perfect (holiday) gift.
Lacey Hall
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
This is a great book that teaches the importance of helping one another.
Patti
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute and funny! Perfect for your truck and snow lovers. Great addition to a construction storytime, welcome winter storytime or snow storytime. Recommended for Pre-k-21st grade.
Kelly
The title of the book pretty much summarizes what the book is about. But add fun illustrations and it's a good little story.
Miss Sarah
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
The little snowplow wants to try out all his moves in a snow storm but there hasn't been any snow all winter. Preschool and up
Tifany
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my best Story Hour reads in ages! The kids absolutely loved this book, with one little boy asking by the third page if he could check it out after Story Hour. ...more
Mary
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This was cute but a bit long. I love snow but hate waiting for it so I felt for little snowplow.
PWRL
Jan 06, 2020 marked it as to-read
SM
Erin
Very cute, if your kids are fans of Little Snowplow and his friends, they'll enjoy this one. I really like that this is a winter story that doesn't mention Christmas.
Heidi
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The little snowplow enjoys his work on the road crew but he misses plowing snow. He eagerly awaits the arrival of snow but it seems like it will never come. As he prepares for his birthday, he sadly tries not to think about a winter with no snow. Little snowplow is an adorable character that I couldn't help rooting for as he continued to work hard at all of his jobs despite his repeated disappointments. The illustrations are enjoyable and do a great job of highlighting the characters and their ...more
Katie Fitzgerald
This is a fun wintry read for kids who live in places where yearly snowstorms are possible but not guaranteed. The little snowplow spends all summer, spring, and fall wishing for snow, only to watch December, January, and February pass by without a storm. When his birthday arrives at the beginning of March, he's just about to give up hope when his wish finally comes true - just in time to interfere with his birthday plans.

I'm not a fan of snow, so I can't say that I related to this book, but I
Heather

• Anxious Charlie to the Rescue
  • Beware!
  • Just in Case You Want to Fly
  • Amy Wu and the Perfect Bao
  • The Cool Bean (The Bad Seed, #3)
  • Kevin the Unicorn: It's Not All Rainbows
  • Good Night, Little Blue Truck
  • Who Wet My Pants?
  • Stretchy McHandsome
  • This Is Not That Kind of Book
  • Just Because

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Lora Koehler is an author and children’s librarian. She lives near the mountains, in Salt Lake City, Utah, where snowplows of all sizes come in handy.