Start by marking “Case One: The Deceit” as Want to Read:
Case One: The Deceit

Case One: The Deceit

(Trudy Hicks Ghost Hunter #1)

My job? I hunt ghosts. Not to prove they existbecause I already know they dobut to figure out why theyre still here.

My first big case leads me to a mansion on the Chicago Gold Coast, the previous home of a wealthy socialite who lived there until she accidentally fell to her death in 1927.

Ive never been this determinedand excitedto solve a case like this one before. Pity I
Published February 13th 2019 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Case One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Case One

Start your review of Case One: The Deceit
Coco.V
May 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/24/2019)! 🎁
Teresa
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trudy Hicks Ghost Hunter Case 1 The Deceit is the first book in the Trudy Hicks Ghost Hunter Series by Lori Zaremba. If you like ghosts, romance, and drama this book is for you. The book is filled with action, adventure, and even has a few tear jerking moments. I would rate the book MA, there is a little bit of sex but not erotic and a few colorful words but not many.

I honestly could not put the book down. I read all night. I cannot wait for more books in this series. I am anxious to see where
Melliane
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I love ghost novels, so when I saw this novel pass by and even though I didnt know anything about it, I couldnt help but be intrigued. How could I not be? Its always fascinating to engage in an investigation involving characters from another time.

Gertrude is an ex-cop, she left six months ago to devote herself fully with her psychic friend Dana in search of ghosts. She wants to understand the presence of ghosts and help them leave. Her first big case will
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

This is a 5 star paranormal story. It has ghosts, murder and deceit. Whats not to like? The characters have great backstories and work well together. To me, this story is totally credible. I would love to be exploring this old mansion with or without the ghosts.

Gertrude Hicks is an ex detective from the Pittsburgh police department. She has seen ghosts. She also was shot in the line of duty. She is a divorced Mom to a teenager, she starts her own paranormal business. She enlists
Samantha
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Have you ever watched a scary movie alone at night? or even watched the investigation discovery channel when they are playing episodes on haunted houses? The feeling of suspense and terror that you know something terrible is about to happen Yeah, that doesnt really happen in this book. While this book is a story about ghosts, I never felt scared.. It read more like an episode of a dramedy sitcom. Thats how I imagined this story would play out. Despite it not being what I expected, I enjoyed ...more
Krystyna
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love or hate. Are they the same?

A good read but I must admit that i have read several variations of this plot although it did have some new twists to it. The characters are full, colourful and give the read extra depth. Frankly I was most moved by the findings regarding Chelsea and the way everyone forgot about her. The plot itself is about a couple of independent women who form a ghost agency. An agency to help anyone with haunting in their home or other places. Truly had joined after a brush
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Mystery, suspense, romance and ghosts! I dont think it can get any better. Case One: Deceit is a gripping story that keeps you on your toes every second! There was not a single moment where I wasnt completely glued to the pages desperate to know what would happen next. From unraveling a mysterious past to the budding romance between Trudy and Jason its a non stop ride that youll never want to end!
Trudy is a perfect combination of being tough, brave, smart and loving. This former cop turned ghost
Lynn Williams
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Ghost Story, without being horror

What i loved about this story was, it pulled me in right away. That the characters all have histories far beyond the story that unfolds along with the mystery of why this particular place is haunted is so great.

I just loved the characters and can't wait to read the next in the series.
Mercedes Salvador-McClellan
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love beyond the grave

I love it! It has mystery, death, ghosts, lost, deception, love. The paranormal investigation mixed with police procedures, gathering physical evidence and information obtained from the far beyond. The last and the present together in search of the truth that will bring peace to those tormented souls. Beautifully done
Allisyn
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was really drawn to this book!! I loved the stories and the way they were told!! I needed to know what happened!! I really recommend it!! Jason is an excellent member of my harem!!
Garrett Lakits
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not exactly my preferred genre but...

I am a horror enthusiast so I knew going into this book that it was not one of my typical reads. I must say that eventhough it is not horror, it was a really well put together paranormal mystery! It is a fantastically written novel with beautiful flow. I highly recommend giving the novel a read. I know you will enjoy it just as much as I did.
Shannie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-obsession
Awesome start to a new series! Cant wait for the next book!! ...more
Loren Zetter
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow. I really liked this. Couldn't put it down. There is so much more here than at first blush. The ghosts have a sweet sad story of their own and Trudy and Jason, I can't wait to see what happens next.
Becky Baldridge
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Case One pulls you in from page one and doesn't let go. It's full of mystery, a budding romance, and terrific characters, including the ghosts. There's not a dull moment to be found in this one between the witty dialogue, ghost sightings, and personal stories of these characters. Trudy is force to be reckoned with, but she also such a relatable character. And Jason, it's impossible not to love Jason with all his cynicism. I can't wait to see what's next for these characters.
gp12309
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tremendous Ghost Story

A story has to do more than promise it is good, it has to deliver and the one surely does! Ms. Zaremba, weaves her story artfully from present to pAy again and never missed a beat. . Well done.
Beauty And The Books
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absoutely love all things Ghost related and this book was so good! Before I get start i'm not going to post any spoilers I don't want to ruin the book for anyone because everyone should get to enjoy this book for the amazing story that it is! This story was brilliant and the author wrote the story so well that a times I would forget I was reading a book and I actually thought I was watching a movie! Loved this story and the author cant wait for the next book.
Portiana Larkin
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Usually, Paranormal books make my eyes roll. But the book came so highly recommended at book club < i had to read...
I love a good adventure and from the beginning, the author wove an interesting tale between the past and present. I found the characters to be likable, believable and engaging. I just loved the chemistry between Trudy and Jason. I have to admit to laughing out loud over a few of the events. Not wanting to be a spoiler, let's just say I will never look at quinoa the same way
Carolyn Evans
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well done

This is both a haunted house story and a mystery, Both of which are given equal attention. The plotting is well done, the characters are fleshed.out with room for development in the future, and the ghostly activity is not overdone.
Sandra
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, own-it
Would I read more -yes. Will I buy them - probably not.
Mary Holly
Mar 14, 2019
Berenis Chavez
Dec 18, 2019
Lori Zaremba
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kristi
Oct 14, 2019
Tina
Nov 26, 2019

• Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar, #1)
  • Cozy Mystery Starter Set - Six Books
  • Shadow Weaver (The Nightwatch Academy #2)
  • Untamed Magic (Academy of the Elites, #1)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • A Spell for Death (Rosewilde Academy of Magical Arts, #1)
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • Amber (Jewels Cafe, #1)
  • Blood & Lies (A Twisted Duet, #1)
  • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
  • Bred in the Bone (Widow's Island #4)
  • Stone Cold (Gods & Monsters, #1)
  • The Protector: Mac (Cover Six Security, #1)
  • See You Soon
  • Decker and Joy (North Pole Unlimited, #1)
  • Found and Forged (The Lost Sentinel, #4)
  • Hairless Harassment (Pet Whisperer P.I. #3)
Lori Zaremba is a full-time Internet Sales Manager at an auto dealership in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Lori has published short ghost stories on Your Ghost Stories, as the Haunted_Cleaner and on her website www.lorizaremba.com
On her website, Zaremba refers to herself as the ghost magnet and briefly describes her humorous encounters with departing spirits.
Lori began writing her fiction story as

Trudy Hicks Ghost Hunter (3 books)
  • Case Two: The Kept (Trudy Hicks Ghost Hunter Book 2)
  • Case Three: The Hex

News & Interviews

Well, here we all are, sheltering in place, buying canned beans, and generally trying to figure out how to stay inside and keep our minds busy....