Start by marking “Cherokee Summer” as Want to Read:
Cherokee Summer

Cherokee Summer

When Ace leaves home to spend the summer in Cherokee, North Carolina the last thing she expects to find is a boyfriend--until she meets Cherokee Tribe member John Spears. As Ace and John's friendship blossoms, they find their life experiences mirror each other and they fall in love. Despite hurdles thrown by well-meaning family members and jealous frenemies, the star-cross ...more
Published January 21st 2019 by Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Cherokee Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherokee Summer

InD'tale Magazine
Rating: 4.5/5.0

This new adult romance warms the heart with sweet, first love nostalgic feelings while keeping readers glued to the pages with all the obstacles that are thrown in the way of these strong, captivating characters.

Read full review in the 2019 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Mandi1082
I want to start of by thanking Netgalley for providing me a copy of Cherokee Summer for an honest review.

Cherokee Summer is about two teens who come from two different worlds and fall in love. Ace and John might come from different backgrounds but both face similar experiences. Both teen face a mother who is an alcoholic and a father who isn't around much or not at all. I found the story to be a fun read with some laugh out loud moments. I found some of the experiences the characters
T.H. Hernandez
4.5 Stars. Soul mates and impossible love collide in CHEROKEE SUMMER. Ace and her family spend the summer in Cherokee, North Carolina where John and his family, native Cherokees, live. After a chance meeting that initially gets off on the wrong foot, these two find each other inexplicably drawn to one another, despite cultural differences that threaten to keep them apart. Ace’s family is in shambles. She lives with her alcoholic mother, autistic younger brother, and cheating father. Her father’s ...more
N.N. Light
Ace wishes with all her might she didn’t have to spend the summer away from her friends but she doesn’t have a choice. Little does she know her life’s about to change forever. Once in Cherokee, North Carolina she meets handsome John Spears and they become fast friends. Young love soon blossoms between them. Both families try to keep them apart but for these young lovers, they belong together. When John disappears, Ace must follow her heart or else disastrous consequences will tear them apart. ...more
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the YA Bound Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Can Ace and John make their relationship work?
Cherokee Summer by Susan Antony is an excellent book about falling in love and trying to build a bridge between two families that have nothing in common. Well besides lots of drama things, and the will of two teens.
Ace McAllister
Ace McAllister is the first point-of-view character that we met, and she is str
Jewel Hart
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cherokee Summer by Susan Antony is a, must read, endearing of story of two young people that meet, become best friends, and fall deeply in love. These two sweet love birds are faced with obstacles, as they struggle within themselves, families, community and unexpected circumstances that stand to keep them from being together.

Spending the summer in Cherokee, NC with her family, Ace never thinks she’d meet someone special and fall in love. But fate steps in and she meets, John, a Chero
Emma Kiely
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to thank Netgalley for providing me with this book in exchange for my honest review.

This book was so good! I was honestly addicted from the first chapter.
Ace and John are the cutest couple I have ever read about.
I loved everything about this book the plot was amazing the writing flowed perfectly and I found myself smiling
The whole time reading this.
I did not expect what happened at the end and I was pleasantly shocked by the twist it was perfectly done.
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Katie Smith
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Oh, this is some cute shit. ♥ Great summer read! ...more
Darlene Fredette
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet young adult romance. In the beginning I didn’t know this was a young adult story or the age of the main characters, however, the author draws you in with a skilled craft of scene visualization. A well-written descriptive voice places the reader in every emotional scene. Ace and John are strong leading characters. They both have a huge amount of family drama, but they still maintain bonded to their families. There is also an interesting cast of secondary characters. The author taps into t ...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Ace and her family spend the summer in Cherokee, North Carolina. Ace’s father works at the casino. Things between Ace and her family are not good with all the secrets. Each of her parents have secrets they are hiding from each other but Ace knows both of their secrets. Ace is torn between the two but loves both of her parents and doesn’t want to hurt either one of them so she keeps quiet not knowing what else to do.

Ace meets a nice young man John who lives on the reservation with his
Donna Vanstone
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cherokee Summer by Susan Anthony reached me on several levels. The reader is taken into the lives of Ace and John. From different worlds these two young adults are brought together during one summer in North Carolina.

Ace is a rich girl from New Jersey and John an American Indian who lives on a reservation in Cherokee, NC. Like West Side Story they need to deal with prejudices from both sides in addition to parents with addiction issues.

The depths of Ace and John’s hopes a
KL Cassanello
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ace's family comes to Cherokee, NC for the summer. She's not thrilled about it, but makes the best of the situation. She meets John, and they form a wonderful friendship/romance. Although they come from very different backgrounds, there are some similarities in their family situations. Their families are not thrilled about their relationship, though. When Ace disappears, all fingers point to John. This was a touching story - I really enjoyed every minute reading it, and loved seeing their relati ...more
Heather Wamboldt
This is a beautiful story of young love and the trials and tribulations that come with it. The author describes the Cherokee culture and traditions beautifully and has obviously done a lot of research. The characters are wonderfully written and the storyline is unique. There is danger, drama, family issues, and emotional scenes throughout this story. I highly recommend this book.

This was my first book by Susan Antony. I would definitely like to read more by this author.

I
Kimberly
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a good teen and young adult romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good.

Barbara
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written story by an Author I have not read before a book I enjoyed reading.
Julia Cox
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the book! A great fast read for the summer!
Kate Church
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly enjoyed this book. It is very well written and the characters are described well. It was a enjoyable read. I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.
Kate Church
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book.
Peta Benjamin
Review to come
Amanda Yates
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So it actually took me a few chapters to get into this book. However I am glad I gave it a chance. It was a very good book when I got into it. So if it starts slow for you give it a chance.
Sam Glasbrenner
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Netgalley for providing me a digital ARC of this in exchange for an honest review.

I was really excited to read this because I have always been fascinated by Native American culture. I greatly enjoyed that aspect of the book and wish even more of it had been included. I also enjoyed the different points of view in the book and Ace's love for her autistic little brother.

I struggled with the insta-love between Ace and John and Ace's mother constantly forcing her
Kookie9200
Jun 20, 2019
Susan Antony
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Rust
Saf Claire
Jul 05, 2019
Crazy for Young A...: Giveaway here on Goodreads 1 5 Sep 19, 2019 09:38AM
Susan Antony is an IT by day, hip-shaker and
writer by night, artist whenever possible, and an
internet addict. She lives in the sunny south with her
teenage son and two Cairn Terriers.