Start by marking “Dory Fantasmagory: Tiny Tough” as Want to Read:
Dory Fantasmagory: Tiny Tough

Dory Fantasmagory: Tiny Tough

(Dory Fantasmagory #5)

The fifth adventure in the enormously popular Dory Fantasmagory series takes on the tried-and-true theme of childhood friendships, and turns it on its head, Dory-style.

When her big sister Violet has friend trouble at school, Dory tries to come to her rescue. But Dory's active imagination takes over, and she is sure that Violet's lost treasure (a friendship bracelet) has
Published October 8th 2019 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about Dory Fantasmagory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dory Fantasmagory

Start your review of Dory Fantasmagory: Tiny Tough
Athena_Ζ
I adore Dory and so does my nine year old son. She is funny, crazy and unpredictable. She continues to be the same even in this fifth book.

I love the way the book talks about the problems of friendship and the feeling of jealousy. What is important is that the book does so without being didactical.

The author teaches kids by making Dory to have the same problems and to feel the same feelings as her bigger sister. It doesn't propose what is "good" or "bad".

What a great achievement! I totally
Rachel
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, intermediate
Dory Fantasmagory is my favorite early chapter book series. It is so funny, and it "gets" kids so well. I highly recommend any book in the series- it works as a read-aloud or as an independent read. Bonus points to Tiny Tough for having a hilarious scene set in a public library.
Panda Incognito
This was a GREAT time. The Dory books are always hilarious, but I howled with laughter so much during this one that I started to feel a little bit out of control. Abby Hanlon understands imaginative kids amazingly well, and this book is full of creative leaps, classic kid assumptions, and utterly convincing silliness. I could read this over and over again and not get tired of it.
Erin Downing
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series somehow gets better (and funnier) with each new book. I LOVE Dory!!!
Susan
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always laugh out loud at least a few times in every short and charmingly illustrated Dory Fantasmagory book. The whole series is worth reading-- but start with number 1. You won't regret spending time with Dory, Mary, Mrs. Gobble Gracker and Mr. Nuggy!
Pam Jones-Nill
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Author Abby Hanlon has written and illustrated a quick-paced early chapter book that is full of imagination and creativity. The dialogue is quick and right out of real life in a family with three young kids all needing attention at the same time. DORY, the younger sibling creates mischief but not because she is a bad kid, not at all. She is a fierce little human full of curiosity and determination. A pied piper of sorts stirring up younger children in a library, This is a must-read for young ...more
Dory's imagination just gets wider and larger in this 5th book of the series!

Mom thinks it is time for Dory to come up with some new games to play and leave her imaginary friends (and enemies) behind. Dory, who is on a real pirate kick, is fine with that if she can have the, long discontinued, toy Tubtown. She spends her bath imagining she is on a Pirate ship when her old enemy Mrs. Gobble Gracker shows up to kidnap her. This time Dory joins forces with her old foe. Meanwhile, her imaginary
Lenoire
When Dory's big sister, Violet is having friend trouble at school, Dory tries to help. However, Dory's vivid imagination takes over and Dory believes that Violet's problem involves pirates. And Violet's lost friendship bracelet is a hidden treasure that Dory needs to find. When Dory tries to help Violet locate her missing bracelet, she starts having her own friend troubles when her imaginary friend Mary, decides to go on vacation with another friend.

The novel was a quick and fun read. It has
Patrea Beard
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So entertaining

Another fabulous addition to the Dory series. My son's (7&10 now) love these. We heard about the series on Kids Place Love when Abby Hamlin did an interview in 2017 and bought the ones available. We haven't been disappointed.

Highly as stories. It usually takes us around 40\60Minutes to read them out loud. The word butt is used.

Anita
My tutoring students are inspired to read because of Dory and her wild imagination.

This is a stand-out series that captures family dynamics, school life, and the glorious imagination of the irrepressible, Dory, aka Rascal.

Please, Ms. Hanlon, write faster!
Diane
Dory is back for another rip-roaring adventure that include pirates ... fighting with Mary when she "makes" a new friend ... making friends with Mrs. Gobble Gracker, what?? and her very first sleepover. There's never a dull moment when Dory gets her imagination fired up.
Aurora
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of creativity and adventure.
Mrs. Krajewski
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
We still love Dory and her active imagination.
Taylor Kundel-Gower
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one is my favorite since the first, but GOSH, I love them all!
Brenda
Oct 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I've got a group in my class that are loving Dory this year. She is a mentor text for some of their writing. Just fun.
Nick
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In many ways, this is the best Dory Fantasmagory book yet.
Meghan

• The Line Tender
  • Beverly, Right Here
  • Sulwe
  • Queen of the Sea
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Stargazing
  • Unicorns 101
  • Saturday
  • Look Both Ways
  • Just Because
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Riddle of Ages (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #4)
  • Strange Birds: A Field Guide to Ruffling Feathers
When I was a kid, I liked to talk to myself and make up stories. I played imaginatively long past the age considered normal. Slowly and reluctantly, I grew up. As an adult, I discovered that becoming a teacher was a perfect way to re-enter the world of childhood.

As a teacher, I was amazed by my six-year-old students’ natural ability to use words and pictures to tell a story, and I wanted to do it

Dory Fantasmagory (5 books)
  • Dory Fantasmagory