Start by marking “Sleepless Nights: 168 Thriller, Horror, Suspense, and Mystery Short Stories” as Want to Read:
Sleepless Nights: 168 Thriller, Horror, Suspense, and Mystery Short Stories

Sleepless Nights: 168 Thriller, Horror, Suspense, and Mystery Short Stories

What's the worst that can happen?

Let's find out.

I love my new sex doll.

Her silicone is as soft and pliable as real human skin. It even heats up to the right temperature with a pulse and everything. A dial on the back of her head gives twelve personality options, including “family friendly”, “intellectual”, “shy”, and “sexual”.

She’s so realistic it’s scary, and would be

Published February 1st 2019 by Haunted House Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Sleepless Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleepless Nights

Start your review of Sleepless Nights: 168 Thriller, Horror, Suspense, and Mystery Short Stories
Niko Robinson
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a fan if horror in general, I was pleased by the wide range of stories in the book. I'm not often spooked by what I read, but these stories definitely had a presence that lingered and wormed their way back into my thoughts. Definitely a book I'll be able to pick up again and again with stories to match every mood.

JenniferJ
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This short story collection was just the thing I needed after reading some more lengthy type books. I enjoyed most all of the stories. A lot of them were quite funny but a few did send shivers down my spine which is just how I like horror...sometimes comedic and sometimes chilling or a mixture of both which is just what this cool collection was.
Susan Angela Wallace
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sleepless nights by Tobias Wade.
A good read bit slow.
A big collection of horror stories. I had my favourites. Some I didn't like. Some were slow. 4*.
Bruce Blanchard
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I ran across Tobias Wade with 51 Sleepless Nights. He dealt with the art of the short short story. The short story itself is an art to master where you introduce character, situation, plot and a scorpion with a tail to sting you. Good stuff! Following this: 52 Sleepless Nights and getting further impressed wondering if the man has vivid nightmares. Son of a gun...wow! Get this! Each story is very different with characters dealing with the impossible and coming out of it mentally disturbed or ...more
Jennifer Winters
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's happened to me before: I get a collection from an author whose work I really enjoy, and then about halfway through the book, I realize that the stories follow just a few repeated patterns, whether they be in plot, theme, or character. Not so with this collection. The plots and characters are fully developed and vary wildly. There are kinds of horror, both supernatural and the kind that could actually happen. There are also some tales that I would designate as straight dramatic fiction, and ...more
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2019
This was a brilliant collection of short horror, mystery and thriller stories. Some are only 2 or three pages other slightly more, but each one packs a punch that will leave you shuddering. There were tons I loved in this collection, a few I didn't really like and by a few I think maybe three out of 168 stories, which isn't too shabby.

All too often short stories can't convey enough in such a short amount of pages, and its not very often that I get freaked out with short horror ones but this
Oralee
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome read. A great collection of quick short horror and suspense stories from a talented author. This massive collection includes stories which may make you wonder what if? The stories in this collection are well written, they grab your attention and they will keep you flipping pages well into the night if you dare sleep afterward. While some of the stories border on the fantastical or mystical, many of the stories are only a step away from reality. I literally had 2 sleepless ...more
Joy Mccarron
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whenever I see the name of Tobias Wade I know that I am in for a treat. This book lives up to the high expectations that I have come to expect from Tobias Wade. An amazing 168 separate, short stories, some terrifying, some creepy and some thought provoking with an unexpected twist at the end. So many authors coming up with such clever ideas makes sure that you will never be bored, but you may have to check under the bed and in the wardrobe in case something is lurking there!
By the way, check
Todd Hilton
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of reading Sleepless Nights, and I would happily recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading short stories of thrills and chills, mystery with a bit of horror thrown into the mix. I like Tobias Wade’s writing style. He makes you connect with the protagonist in every story, and does a great job of painting the environment for you. ThoUgh these stories are all pretty short, you’ll find that there’s a lot to read here. It’s a large collection, and I was entertained with each story. ...more
Erin
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have not read a SINGLE short story, novella, novel, whatever, by Tobias that I didnt absolutely positively LOVE. Tobias is a rare author that seems to take horror and the freakish to a whole different level. I adore all of his writing. And when he recommends a fellow author that he says is kick ass, he nails it. Tobias Wade is without a doubt my favorite horror guy right now and will probably be for many, many years to come. I look forward to all his words and messages. Thank you Mr. Wade for ...more
Qari Olandesca
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Tobias's writing style is truly amazing! The assortment of stories leaves you in awe of the twist and turns as you read from page to page, story to story, and ultimately come face to face with the authors wildest imagination. Every peice has it's own characters point of view, from variation of age to political views, and it sucks you in with the unique ideas and plot. Often times it makes me wonder about the crazy, heartwarming and usually macabre endings. The best ones are the mixture of ...more
Shannon Bruce
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading Tobias Wades work for about 2 years now. He is a very exceptional author and his compilation of all of his short stories is a very worthwhile way to introduce yourself to him if you havent been fortunate enough to know his work already. It is very difficult to find truly talented writers of this genre, so once I was lucky enough to discover this imaginative and intriguing talent, I have stayed hooked ever since. I encourage anyone who's a fan of horror to add this book to ...more
Melanie Mazurides
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love to read short stories before bed. In fact I can barely sleep without it. A book about sleepless nights is not the first thing that comes to mind for a good night story. But I can barely fall asleep without it now. The stories are very diverse and magnificent, there will be something for everybody in this book. The stories are horrifying, suspenseful and fantastic. I loved it, and I love this author.

Magda Ramírez Martínez
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The way everything is written and described just sucks you in and really makes you live out the stories. I love the variety of topics, even if they're all horror, each has it's own unique style and scares you in unique ways. No 2 stories are the same and all makes you want to read them over and over! Some of these would make excellent films even! I just love them all!

Laurie C.
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sleepless Nights 168 Well Worth Reading Crazy Creepy Stories!!

Every story is a great read! I can't believe 168 out of 168 were well written and I wanted too keep reading this book and was thinking the closer I got towards 100%, I need to find something else written from this author asap after I've finished these 168 stories! Some had my mouth just stuck open in a fly catching position! Lol
*the best horror variety book I've read ever!
 Nyarlathotep Twelfth Month The Haunted Reading Room
I think that many consecutive nights without sleep would lead to psychosis. Nevertheless, you can enjoy scaring yourself with these tales, which collect 4 of the author's already published collections:
53 SLEEPLESS NIGHTS
52 SLEEPLESS NIGHTS
51 SLEEPLESS NIGHTS
BRUTAL BEDTIME STORIES (12 stories).
Running the gamut of horror, author Tobias Wade provides stories to chill every fan of the genre. Settle in, make sure all the lights in your house are on, and enjoy.
Michelle
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
51 Sleepless Nights was the first book I read by Tobias Wade that got me hooked on his work and the anthologies he puts together with other authors. If you’re into short horror stories, you’ll love this set of all three of his Sleepless Nights books. It’s a huge collection of samples of works from many different authors and gives a great variety. No matter what your favorite types of horror are, you’re sure to find some in this collection.
Heather Bane
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This box set is awesome!!! There is such a huge assortment of different stories in this set. You have from horror stories that will keep you up at night to mysteries. Tobias Wade did such an awesome job on these stories and they are all so different. I will definitely be reading this more than once and definitely recommend reading Sleepless Nights!!!

Jeanne Richardson
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st books I've read written by Tobias Wade; he has done an great job at writing a good collection of books; I will definitely be reading more of his books.

The story lines caught my attention at the very beginning and kept me interested throughout the entire book.

I loved the characters.

I received a free copy of this box set via booksprout and I’m voluntarily leaving a review.
Liz Purdy
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are a wide variety of short stories included in this book - some demons, beyond the gave encounters, good old fashioned twisted human beings. Each story brings something unique and thrilling, and I love the writing styles. I couldn't put it down! Personal favorites include 'A Cracked Life,' 'Suicide Watch Party,' and 'The Most Terrifying Drawing.' Do yourself a favor and get this book!

Jenn
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Packed to the brim with an eclectic mix of horror stories, Sleepless Nights is an excellent way to enjoy those cold and dark winter nights. Cozy up under a blanket, turn off all the lights and prepare for a good time.

Read first: Fright Club 1-3, Heaven Takes a Prisoner, The Girl on a Leash, The Most Terrifying Drawing, The Power of a Small City and Hell is Heaven to Demons,

GlitterGhost
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is really an incredible collection with a lot to devour. The fact that it was all written by one of the best authors from NoSleep just adds to the greatness. The variety of stories makes it a must for just about any fan of short story horror. My one criticism is that there are quite a few typos and grammatical errors - extra editing would bring this great book closer to perfection.

Jane Williams
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these books. To have this amount of short stories in one book and all of them completely different is a rare, wonderful find.
The stories are cleverly written with twists, turns and surprises, all of them are horrific not necessarily horror in the traditional sense (you will know what I mean when you read them). In my opinion the simplicity of the writing makes this book and what an imagination Mr Wade has.
M.Y. David
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This collection is BIG!

It contains a vast number of short stories, with a little something for everyone.

As always, the quality of the pieces in here are always high - highly recommended if you want to dip in and out!

Obsidian Vixen
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fine collection of bite sized stories thar are great for quick reads 8b the go. I have always liked the anthologies done by Tobias Wade and this one is no different. Though I do wish done stores could have been extended for you can't help but be more curious to read more.

Natalie Swinburne
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed reading this...had read 1/2 previously in a set I had bought prior.

Stories are the perfect size to quickly grab your interest And hook you in, and then end without feeling like you gave missed out on anything.

Def a must buy!

Jacqueline Ellison
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read anything by Tobias Wade but this gives you a wide variety of of short stories that will keep you reading them over again. These horror stories have twists and turns that were well written. This set of books is definitely a must read for everyone.

Sharon
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is something for everyone in this collection of shirt stories! Each story is unique, well thought out and very well written. Loved this book, it is definitely worth the time to read all the different stories. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Pat Eroh
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing 168 short stories that kept me reading every single one and on to the next! They are pretty much self-contained stories and each story is odd, strange, engaging, horrifying, mysterious and/or suspenseful! I absolutely loved this book.

Claudia
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By now, I know that a book by the author Tobias Wade is a guaranteed good read, and this one wasn't an exception.

Here we have a wildly different array of short stories: some of them are disquieting, other ones are creepy; some are perturbing and others downright terrifying. But all of them are very well written and engaging.

An excellent collection, worth every minute of your time.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tavistock Galleria: Short Horror Stories From America’s Retail Wasteland
  • Dark Places, Evil Faces Volume II
  • The Horror Collection: Purple Edition: THC Book 3
  • The Horror Collection: Gold Edition
  • Terror in the Shadows Volume 3: Scary Ghosts, Paranormal & Supernatural Horror Short Stories Anthology
  • Under The Safe House & Other Stories
  • Carnival of Horror
  • Ten Chimes to Midnight: A Collection of Ghost Stories
  • The Horror Collection: Black Edition (THC Book 2)
  • Carnival Of Strange Things (Creepiest Show On Earth Book 3)
Former neuroscience researcher, born again horror writer. During my studies, it struck me as odd that I could learn so much about why humans behave without understanding the intricacies of human nature. It occurred to me that I learned more about the depths of human experience from reading Dostoyevsky than I ever had from my text books, and I was inspired to write.

Download my horror collection for