Start by marking “Kissing Magic (Portals to Whyland #2)” as Want to Read:
Kissing Magic (Portals to Whyland #2)

Kissing Magic

(Portals to Whyland #2)

Kiss him. Don't fall in love.
Break a spell with a kiss. Karina has heard and seen enough weird stuff for this request to sound legit.

Published February 22nd 2019 by Sparkly Wave

To ask other readers questions about Kissing Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissing Magic

Start your review of Kissing Magic (Portals to Whyland #2)
Jenny Balsamo
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An enchanting tale and quest that put trust, love, and friendship into a test, Kissing Magic by Day Leitao will take readers to once again cross the enigmatic world of Whyland.

The tale picks up after one year and a half after Karina left Whyland. Now, Karina was back to her mundane world where her only problems were passing her exams and dating boys. However, she could not help herself but think about the adventures she had back when she was in Whyland. That's why when Cayla and Darian, who were
Lejla
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is amazing!!!!
I'm still trying to understand what had happened....

Don't read if you don't want to read spoilers!!!

Cayla and Darian as always my babes and loved ones... That fight had my heart broken and that posion. I think you want my end Day XD

Sian, what? what just happened? Oh no... this isn't so good

Karina, hey what is she doing, I'm afraid what she will do to get back to Sian. She is so ... I don't know....

I can't wait what will happen next. I hope next book comes faster than this
Michelle VanDaley
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
My review is based on the audiobook. This is the first book I have read in this series and I feel that I was able to understand everything not having read book 1 - That being said, it was a decent enough story that I am intrigued enough to go back and read book 1 now. I enjoyed the easy pacing and descriptive writing. The narrator did a good job bringing the story and characters to life. I look forward to more from this author
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
Mar 02, 2019 marked it as read-for-review
This story is probably one of those hit-or-miss for most people, but I couldn't resist the blurb and am so glad I read this one! It reminds me of other books that I enjoyed with similar themes of trust, friendship, betrayal, danger, and love. The characters were interesting and I loved the concept and story-line. The middle did slow a bit, but overall I loved reading this and look forward to reading more in this world.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving
Alyssa Call
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
First and foremost, I truly enjoyed listening to this book. Winona Owen did an amazing job narrating Kissing Magic. She did a great job portraying the emotions of the characters. I definitely felt their highs and lows. It was also very easy to distinguish which character was which from the tone of voice she used. I can’t remember ever getting bored or distracted, aside from my kids wanting food. I will definitely listen to more books narrated by Winona.

I have been obsessed with audiobooks since
Christine Marie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
*disclaimer I did not read the first book*
4.5 Stars. I received this ARC ebook from the author as a willing reader test if this could be a stand alone novel more then a sequel. For the most part I was never lost on information from the previous novel(which I will be reading soon )
Brilliantly written, creative details and some plot twists I hadn’t expected.
The story overall was fast paced very little lulls in the story line where I got bored. I kept wanting to read the next chapter to find out h
Jackie
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly written. Unexpected plot that you never expect. This keeps you intrigued. Helping someone by a kiss is definitely magic. Don’t miss out once it’s released.
Day Leitao
Feb 08, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written
This was a fun book to write, even if it was challenging at times.

I wanted to make it accessible for new readers in the series, and I think it can be a good starting point for new readers.

One funny thing is that I find this title a bit cheesy, though. The reason I kept the title is that Kissing Magic conveys both the inciting incident of the novel and a secondary theme about coming in contact with magic. In this sense, kissing means touching, coming in contact with, because there are character
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
I enjoyed this but I got a bit bored in the middle as I felt it lost its way a bit. I like the characters but thought some of the plot was a bit convoluted, I absolutely loved Sian which is why the gets 3 not 2, I liked Karina at the start but she began to annoy me. The pacing was a bit all over the place. I did enjoy it and think it could be better with some work on pacing.
Trevor T. O'Brien
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting premise. Fun to read
Michaela Tayir Tetteh
Seeing Karina and Sian in a different light after everything that happened in book 1 was surprising.
Rosie Rizk
Portal fantasy & YA romance. There's a bunch of awkward YA first romance moments. A lot of eyeroll worthy miscommunication errors to enhance the plot and romantic conflict. Aside from that, which is sadly not unexpected for YA, I enjoyed the book.

There's an interesting magical world that mixes magic with technology almost on par with our own. The MC has a lot of magical power, but barely any idea of how to use it. Mostly. I liked the characters. They were complex and interesting and well fleshe
Miss Jenny
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it
The full review is on: Miss Jenny's Classroom

I was keen visit Whyland again. While I had not been a fan of Darian and Cayla, I did like the leading protagonist, Karina, and Darian's brother, Sian - who had a small role in the first.

Sian is still a standout character, although I felt he'd moved somewhat away from his characterisation in first book I was mindful when reading that about 18 months had transpired. Sian is hell-bent on becoming the ruler and concocts a rather complicated plan in order
Jan farnworth
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again we are hurtling across the world of Whyland. This time will a request for a kiss to save a friend Sian who been turned to stone. This second book is more action packed, compelling, and the plot of is so multi layered that your left guessing at every twist and turn. The world building for this second book is more solid then in book one and we learn a lot more about the magic system. This book is appropriate for the teenage crowd though as the title suggests their a lot of kissing in th ...more
Shay
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, 2019
To be fair, I got a free audio copy and had no idea it was a second book in a series. I was informed it was a standalone. Perhaps I may have liked it better had I known more about the story.

That being said I found myself very confused. I tried following the story but kept thinking there was clearly a lot of unwritten history between the characters. Based on the information from this book, the relationships didn't make sense to me. The world was incomprehensible and I just wasn't into anything t
Scarolet Ellis
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kissing Magic by Day Leitao is a wonderful start to a brand new series I started read and fell in love with . This is book number one in this wonderful series I loved reading it cause it has magic in it and I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about magic you will not be disappointed.

MoonGarden
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good one

I like Day Leitao's stories and this is another good one. Everyone knows kisses are magic, right? This is a really fun take on the mythos of magical kisses!

Zaneta Warren
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would loved to have read this book as the description and cover looked and sounded so wonderful. But alas, this book was archived before I got a chance to read it. Hopefully my local library will but the book or I can buy it on a different site because I am very interested in reading it.
Jennifer  Gardner
I loved this series, and this book. I hope you do another to follow it with lumina in better conditions, both Sian and Karina further along with their abilities and training. I'd like to see where they lead to with their relationship. actually married. Darian and Cayla too!
Evelyn
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book

I loved the way the book was written and how the characters were described. I liked how they got everything right at the end and found out they both loved each other.
Bibliophile
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story.

Interesting story and surprising plot twists. The romance was overly cheesy but considering they’re all roughly 16–it makes sense. The audio annoyed me however. The narrator paused at awkward moments that ruined the sentences. She also pronounced characters names, both side and main characters, differently throughout the story which burned my soul.
Heather Bane
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It has adventure, fantasy and magic and even some romance. The characters are well written and my favorite being Karina. The author did a great job on the story. Im definetly addicted to the Portals to Whyland series. If you love fantasy, magic, romance and adventure then you will absolutly love this book and I highly recommend reading!! (I received this as an ARC copy and am leaving a voluntary honest review)
Emmy
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook
•audiobook•
2.25 Stars because - I don’t think I’m the target audience and others found it entertaining....
Winona Owen was a stunning voice actress. There were a few patches where I could tell who was speaking by a possible mix up with tones, but she clearly kept me engaged to listen to the end!

I liked this alternate world. I liked how the bones were, well, it formed the skeleton. But it lacked heart and meat. Let me explain. But before I do, let me start by saying when I was growing up, books
SA Krishnan
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely tale of trust, friendship and love is Whyland. Very engaging read
Jake Murray
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was a fun book I was just missing some info as the other books are not on here but I enjoyed it well enough that when they are I will give them a try as well
Raya Whitehouse
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Karina is the only female that Sian had shown any interest in, at least that was known of. Sian wasn't the best person to get along with, even with his brother. Karina doesn't really know Sian so when she is asked to come kiss him to break him out of his spell she is hesitant. To kiss a statue and break a spell, it would be meaningless right? She wants to go to the other dimension (called Whyland) and this was as good of an excuse as any.

This book was quite interesting to read/listen to. The aut
Lunnaris
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
For a full review please visit http://www.awindowtomysoul.com/kissin...

I loved this book. I’ve liked a lot the first one but was clearly for younger people. This one has a much more complete story with much better characters, or more than that, better presented ones. The evolution of the characters, mainly Karina and Sian, is really nice. You can truly see they are growing up and learning instead of getting stuck.
Something interesting are the occasional explanations of how technology works in Wh
Sarah Foil
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
At 16, Karina has a shot at adventure—and an odd first kiss—when she's called to Whyland, a kingdom in another dimension, to save a guy she barely knows. Why her? No clue, but she's happy to help, and kissing Sian isn't torture, even if he isn't to be trusted. Karina's smart enough not to fall in love—or at least to tell herself not to. Once in Whyland, she realizes that risking a broken heart is the smallest of her problems. Chased by dark magic creatures, she joins Sian and heads to a mysterio ...more
Laura Martinez
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book picks up a year and a half or so after the the first book. Karina is now 16. Karina is living a mundane life, the days pass her by and she finds herself missing Whyland. Lucky for Karina, her friends from another world come and take her away on another adventure to save Sia. We also get too see some of our favorites, Darian and Cayla.
The plot at times can be a bit convoluted. It goes back and forth with two different plots. It overwhelms the story for me. But for the most part I enjoy
Deborah
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing

• Magnetic Messaging - 3 Texts to Fast Track Attraction: Message Using Texts
  • EZ Battery Reconditioning - How To Recondition Batteries At Home "Bring your batteries back to life"
  • The Hypothyroidism Revolution:  Revolutionary and Natural Therapy To Stop Hypothyroidism at the Source
  • Kingdom of Sand and Wishes
  • His Secret Obsession: Relationship Advice.
  • Critical bench
  • CELLULITE: The Truth About Cellulite: How to Get Rid of Cellulite Quickly, Naturally & Forever (Eat Your Way Lean & Healthy)
  • Text The Romance Back
  • Dragons and Mages: A Limited Edition Anthology
  • Dissension (Chronicles of the Uprising, #1)
  • Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)
  • Rising (The Avant Champion #1)
  • Peyton 313 (Cyborgs: Mankind Redefined, #1)
  • First of Their Kind
  • Queen of Mermaids  (Kingdom of Fairytales: Little Mermaid #1)
  • Bloodshed Academy: Year One (Bloodshed Academy, #1)
  • Tamed (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #1)
  • A Hiss-tory of Magic (A Wonder Cats Mystery, #1)

I'm originally from Brazil but I've been living in Montreal, Canada for over 15 years. I've always loved to write stories, and I like to always include romance, action, magic and humor in my writing. I think stories can touch us deeply.

My upcoming book is The Cup and the Prince. If you sign up for my newsletter, you can get its prequel, The Shadows and the Childre

Portals to Whyland (3 books)
  • Step into Magic (Portals to Whyland #1)
  • Within Magic (Portals to Whyland #3)