Start by marking “Kissing Magic” as Want to Read:
Kissing Magic

Kissing Magic

(Portals to Whyland #2)

Kiss him. Don't fall in love.
Break a spell with a kiss. Karina has heard and seen enough weird stuff for this request to sound legit.

At 16, Karina has a shot at adventure—and an odd first kiss—when she's called to Whyland, a kingdom in another dimension, to save a guy she barely knows. Why her? No clue, but she's happy to help, and kissing Sian isn't torture, even if he is
Published February 22nd 2019 by Sparkly Wave

To ask other readers questions about Kissing Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissing Magic

Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
This story is probably one of those hit-or-miss for most people, but I couldn't resist the blurb and am so glad I read this one! It reminds me of other books that I enjoyed with similar themes of trust, friendship, betrayal, danger, and love. The characters were interesting and I loved the concept and story-line. The middle did slow a bit, but overall I loved reading this and look forward to reading more in this world.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving
Jenny
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An enchanting tale and quest that put trust, love, and friendship into a test, Kissing Magic by Day Leitao will take readers to once again cross the enigmatic world of Whyland.

The tale picks up after one year and a half after Karina left Whyland. Now, Karina was back to her mundane world where her only problems were passing her exams and dating boys. However, she could not help herself but think about the adventures she had back when she was in Whyland. That's why when Cayla and Darian, who were
Tara
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this but I got a bit bored in the middle as I felt it lost its way a bit. I like the characters but thought some of the plot was a bit convoluted, I absolutely loved Sian which is why the gets 3 not 2, I liked Karina at the start but she began to annoy me. The pacing was a bit all over the place. I did enjoy it and think it could be better with some work on pacing.
Lejla
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is amazing!!!!
I'm still trying to understand what had happened....

Don't read if you don't want to read spoilers!!!

Cayla and Darian as always my babes and loved ones... That fight had my heart broken and that posion. I think you want my end Day XD

Sian, what? what just happened? Oh no... this isn't so good

Karina, hey what is she doing, I'm afraid what she will do to get back to Sian. She is so ... I don't know....

I can't wait what will happen next. I hope next book comes faster than this
Christine Marie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
*disclaimer I did not read the first book*
4.5 Stars. I received this ARC ebook from the author as a willing reader test if this could be a stand alone novel more then a sequel. For the most part I was never lost on information from the previous novel(which I will be reading soon )
Brilliantly written, creative details and some plot twists I hadn’t expected.
The story overall was fast paced very little lulls in the story line where I got bored. I kept wanting to read the next chapter to find out h
Jackie
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly written. Unexpected plot that you never expect. This keeps you intrigued. Helping someone by a kiss is definitely magic. Don’t miss out once it’s released.
Rosie Rizk
Portal fantasy & YA romance. There's a bunch of awkward YA first romance moments. A lot of eyeroll worthy miscommunication errors to enhance the plot and romantic conflict. Aside from that, which is sadly not unexpected for YA, I enjoyed the book.

There's an interesting magical world that mixes magic with technology almost on par with our own. The MC has a lot of magical power, but barely any idea of how to use it. Mostly. I liked the characters. They were complex and interesting and well fl
Scarolet Ellis
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kissing Magic by Day Leitao is a wonderful start to a brand new series I started read and fell in love with . This is book number one in this wonderful series I loved reading it cause it has magic in it and I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about magic you will not be disappointed.

Zaneta Warren
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would loved to have read this book as the description and cover looked and sounded so wonderful. But alas, this book was archived before I got a chance to read it. Hopefully my local library will but the book or I can buy it on a different site because I am very interested in reading it.
MoonGarden
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good one

I like Day Leitao's stories and this is another good one. Everyone knows kisses are magic, right? This is a really fun take on the mythos of magical kisses!

Day Leitao
Feb 08, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written
This was a fun book to write, even if it was challenging at times.

I wanted to make it accessible for new readers in the series, and I think it can be a good starting point for new readers.

One funny thing is that I find this title a bit cheesy, though. The reason I kept the title is that Kissing Magic conveys both the inciting incident of the novel and a secondary theme about coming in contact with magic. In this sense, kissing means touching, coming in contact with, because there are character
Heather Bane
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It has adventure, fantasy and magic and even some romance. The characters are well written and my favorite being Karina. The author did a great job on the story. Im definetly addicted to the Portals to Whyland series. If you love fantasy, magic, romance and adventure then you will absolutly love this book and I highly recommend reading!! (I received this as an ARC copy and am leaving a voluntary honest review)
Trevor T. O'Brien
Jenna P
Rachel Griesmer
Danny
Feb 19, 2019
I was actually born in Brazil, but Goodreads doesn't let me write where I live...

I love creating worlds and giving life to characters that pop up in my head.

Portals to Whyland (2 books)
  • Step into Magic