Start by marking “The King and the Kindergarten Teacher (The Rebel Royals Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The King and the Kindergarten Teacher (The Rebel Royals Series, #1)

The King and the Kindergarten Teacher

(The Rebel Royals #1)

He’s the king of his domain. She’s the queen of nap time. Can they learn to rule with their hearts?

Published February 19th 2019 by Those Johnson Girls

To ask other readers questions about The King and the Kindergarten Teacher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King and the Kindergarten Teacher

Start your review of The King and the Kindergarten Teacher (The Rebel Royals Series, #1)
Gladys
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet romance. Esme and Leo were great characters and their romance provides that romantic fantasy that we are all supposed to grow out of but if most of us are honest, at least some piece always remains in our hearts. Esme, I thought was a lovely character. She was so genuine and relatable. It was so easy to imagine she was a friend or even yourself. Leo may be a modern royal but the rules, traditions and responsibillities of being a King seem to be a timeless burden. His struggle ...more
Samantha Grubey (ABookHaven)
May 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, 2019
I have mixed feelings about this story...

Okay I work with 5-year-olds and none of them this smart. They shouldn’t be talking like they are it doesn’t seem realistic. They just seem way too smart and it's really kind of annoying and stupid?

Oh Leo and Esme are so adorable cute!!

I love Penelope she is the cutest ever!! I could read a whole book about her so cute.

Holy shut he ordering a plane to land!! That’s so bloody cute.

I feel like I don’t know them tho? It was cute but I'm none the wiser a
Gale
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable!

The King and the Kindergarten Teacher certainly has me believing in dragons and fairytales. A quick, fun, sweet read with the most adorable little girl to boot.
Kiana
May 25, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. While this a fun quick read, there were moments where things were so unbelievable that it took me right out of the story.
Adrianne Adams
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book will have you wanting to believe in fairy tales again. The way that they both fight the feelings for each other is great. You could tell that they were meant to be from the first moment that they met. Esme wanted to believe that Leo was the one, once they spent the weekend together, but at the same time couldn't believe that she would be the one as Leo is the King. Leo being a King didn't think that he could have Esme because of tradition and responsibility to his country. ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me, and the first in a new series, and I will certainly be looking out for more of her work in the future. This is a sweet and light-hearted modern fairytale about the King and the kindergarten teacher. I was intrigued and hooked throughout, and recommend this talented authors’ work for all.

Ramona
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very sigh-worthy read - giving to us Leo/King Leonidas of Cordobas and Esme Picket a Kindergarten Teacher In New York. There meeting was by chance but Leo doesn't believe in fairytales and Esme wants her fairytale to come true.
Completely enjoyable read.
Sandra Webb
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Loved this book!!! A wonderful modern day fairytale that you can’t put down. Worth at least 500 Gold Stars!!! I’ve already preordered the next 2 books!!! More please!!!
Carol Van
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book.

I loved this love story. It is fun to read a love story and all the adventures along the way.
Cheryl  Collins
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
1st of another cute royalty series
Donna Weaver
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WHAT IT'S ABOUT
Esmeralda Pickett reigns over the subjects in her kindergarten class. She’s probably the last adult who still believes in fairy tales because all the stories do for her young charges is put the kids to sleep. Esme dreams of being swept off her feet by a charming prince, so when she’s saved from the dangers of texting while walking by a real live king, she’s certain her storybook romance is set to begin. Though sparks fly between the king and the kindergarten teacher, the pages get
Sara Boline
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Leo and Esme

This is a sweet story about a kindergarten teacher from New York who runs into a king and doesn’t know he’s a king. She thinks Leo works for the king. They have an instant attraction. But he has to go back to his duties and she has to go back to work. While at work she meets Penelope Leo’s daughter and his brother Alex. Pen invites her back to their place for dinner . While at dinner Leo is supposed to be meeting his new wife but his heart isn’t because he keeps thinking is the beaut
Krisz
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Esme and Leo's book was a sweet fairy tale like royal romance.
Esme was a fun loving lively kindergarten teacher with her head in the clouds, or rather, in a romantic fairy tale. She wanted the kids to use their imagination and simply be kids. Yeah, it does sometimes feel like a foreign concept nowadays.
Leo was duty-bound to reign as king. His whole life was always about duty, to keep in mind his obligations towards his people. He was the complete opposite of romantic, but pragmatic and dull.
Aft
Joyffree
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
This was a clean sweet romance that definitely hits all the right notes.
Esme is a dreamer.
Leo is a realist
He is a king - Country and Duty come first, over everything
She, well she still believes in 'happily ever after', what more is there?

You can't help but share in the magic that is Esme and Leo. I really enjoyed the characters - Esme was a dreamer. Leo was trapped between duty and his own heart. 'Omg' and the prince - I really, really hope he gets his own book. We even had a slightly evil vil
Shelley
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The King and the Kindergarten Teacher is a stand-alone book.

This was a wonderfully fun modern fairy tale. You have Esme, a kindergarten teacher who believes in happily ever after, using your imagination and happy endings. Then you have practical King Leo. His first marriage was arranged and loveless, but he is now a widower. He wishes to marry for love, but duty to his country and love of his people means he should marry for money and political benefit. A chance meeting between the two makes the
Tina
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Very cute idea, but sadly the book is stolen almost verbatim from two Hallmark type movies. The author probably dreamed the story while she slept, but that would have been right after watching Danika McKellar being swept off her feet by the handsome king who she met in NYC after she bumped into him. He happens to be a widower with a cute young daughter. The h even teaches the daughter about fractions by making cookies. Sound familiar? Even including a nasty advisor. The author loses two stars fo ...more
Teresa Bertolio
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Fairy Tale Romance

Esme is a Kindergarten teacher for a fancy private school. Leo is the king of Cordova. He's been a widower too long. His country wants him to remarry. Normally royals marry for the good of the kingdom, but what about love? Coincidentally he rescues Esme from a mean truck. Could this be the start of something? His daughter, Penelope, visits Esme's class and invites her over for dessert. Baking cookies and doing math? Penelope's favorite past time. Come along for an enchant
Sarajane Garten
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you. Yes. Really!

Esme and Leo somehow find each other. Their story is a fairy tale fill of joy and laughter. Full of heart and cookies. This sweet romance made a believer out of this cynical reader.

Oh please, dear consumer of books, take the ride. Take a chance. The author has crater a miracle of a story. Pies, spices, a five year old, magic kisses and a happy ending.
Lisa
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Good story

The King and the Kindergarten Teacher is a good book with great characters. I love the fairy tale, happy ever after, rom-com aspect. This is a good, entertaining, clean romance and it should have had a higher rating. However if the author is going to constantly reference the British Royal family she needs to get her facts right.
Michaela
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A modern day fairy tale. Our heroine lives her life with her head in the clouds of fairytales, but can fairy tales be reality? Wonderful characters and a good storyline. Somethings are a little pert - namely Esme’s insistence on believing life to follow the fairytale guidelines - but it was a good book.

I was gifted a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Didi Ps
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Esma is a kindergarten teacher who ends up meeting a king by accident. She ends up giving his daughter a math lesson on fractions using baking, & then she & her friend are invited to a big festival to the king’s country.

This story is already a bit like a fairy tale, but having Esme compare almost everything that happens to a fairy tale makes it seem a bit more like a story for teenagers...
Karen
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars
This book had some odd word choices and wonky dialogue. The main character is too out of touch with reality to empathize with and I ended up skimming chunks. The premise wasn't terrible. With editing and expansion, it could be a good story.
Deborah Joy
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stunning

A terrific fairy tale story with wonderful characters that have you from the very beginning. Same and the King, Leo, were the perfect mix. Add Penelope and you have perfection.

Heidi
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The King gets schooled on love!

This was a sweet romance, but with a storyline that keeps you reading. I really enjoyed the well written characters, and the Happily Ever After... as is proper for a fairy tale!
Shanna Larson
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked it and was surprised the book had so few
reviews. Cute like a Hallmark movie, and I loved quirky, sweet, accident prone Esme. She gave me a few out loud chuckles. Leo was stern and no nonsense and steamy and loves his daughter. Even though the book was 27 chapters, it was a quick read.
Courtney
Shelves: 2019
Excellent

Love, love, love!! ❤
Wow, and I do mean wow! This novel was excellent and thorough without becoming explicit! I love romantic novels and this one had a wonderful storyline to keep me entertained! Fabulous!
Maria Wagner
I loved it!

This book was absolutely beautiful. A story with a fairytale ending. How the heart conquers all. The storyline was spot on. It was an excellent read you won't be disappointed.
Sheila Schwartz
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
True love or duty reigns!

Adoringly sweet! A romance that showcases the beauty of falling in love and learning who that right person is! Don't miss this wonderful love story and their intriguing connection.
S Knoll
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
There wasn’t much substance to this story. It moves incredibly quickly and it’s an I stand falling in love type of story. You don’t really get to know the characters that well. It’s a cheesy romance with a HEA. If that’s your think, give it a go.
Julia
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet story. I enjoyed it so much and the characters from this book were the story in the 2nd book, so I bought both of them. This was by the same author who wrote the stories of the Purple Heart Ranch, with equally enjoyable characters.

• The Snow Maid (Snowbound #1)
  • Trusting the Billionaire
  • A Royal Engagement (The Young Royals #1)
  • All For You (Pine Valley #8)
  • Built to Last
  • A Soldier's Promise (Crystal Lake #2)
  • A Brit on the Side (Castle Calder, #1)
  • A Cowboy's Best Friend (A Sweet And Clean Cowboy Romance Book 1)
  • Dance with Deception (Scandalous Secrets, #1)
  • The Dragon's Reluctant Sacrifice (Last Dragons, #1)
  • Cinderella (Courageous Heroine Fairy Tales #1)
  • The Lord who Captured Her Innocent Heart
  • Baby Inheritance
  • The Letter (A Hidden Beauty Novel #11)
  • Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)
  • Royally Schooled
  • The Surprise Wedding (Veils and Vows #1)
  • Colton (Kentucky Green, #1)
Shanae Johnson was raised by Saturday Morning cartoons and Afterschool Specials. She still doesn’t understand why there isn’t a life lesson that ties the issues of the day together just before bedtime. While she’s still waiting for the meaning of it all, she writes stories to try and figure it all out.

And by the way, the E elongates the A. So it’s pronounced Shan-aaaaaaaa. Perfect for a hero to ca

The Rebel Royals (3 books)
  • The Prince and the Pie Maker: a Sweet Royal Romance (The Rebel Royals Series Book 2)
  • The Duke and the DJ: a Sweet Royal Romance (The Rebel Royals Series Book 3)