Start by marking “Love Me Like You Won't Let Go” as Want to Read:
Love Me Like You Won't Let Go

Love Me Like You Won't Let Go

You never get over your first love. It’s something I’ve heard countless times. Like someone has to point out that your pain will never go away. That your shattered heart will never mend.

Because that’s exactly what my heart did the day I watched Asher Evans board that train- it shattered, splintering into a million tiny fragments that I didn’t think I’d ever be able to piec
Published February 22nd 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Love Me Like You Won't Let Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Me Like You Won't Let Go

Start your review of Love Me Like You Won't Let Go
Eve (Between The Bookends)

description
Second chance romances used to be my favorite trope until they all started to follow the same sad outline. Hero moves on to screw 5000 other women and has a decent life, while the poor left behind heroine stays broken and pining. Now this book has some of that (broken & pining), but I appreciated the fact that the author had the heroine move on with another man (Tyler), and she seemed genuinely happy. As for the hero, I have NO clue what he was up to since there is never a single mention of him
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5-4 ⭐'s

“You’re the most beautiful mess I’ve ever seen.”

~Sigh~ I went into this book looking for some angst and drama only for it to be short sighted and predictable at best.

Asher and Blakely grew up together, became best friends and then lovers. Everything was amazing until his father passed away when Asher was eighteen.

Asher decides he needs to get away, figuring it would only be a few months. Blakely doesn't like it but she tries to be understanding, that is, until Asher is gone for SIX ye
Natasha Niezgoda
3.5 stars of precious, second-chance love!

description

Synopsis: Asher and Blakely have known each other their whole lives. They're each other's first best friend, kiss, partner, and lover. But then Asher's father passes away and his world crumbles. His only remedy is to leave town in hopes of restoring balance back into his life. But that leaves Blakely crushed, and now her world is wrecked. Six years later, Asher reappears. Blakely is engaged to be married, and Asher has a confession - he still loves her.

T
Maree Repa
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Amazing Stars

Devastated

I was absolutely thrilled to read this next most wonderful and most brilliant book written by most favourite authors, Melissa Toppen. I just love and enjoy all her most magnificent and wonderful book so far. This surely will be one of my favourites too!!

Blakely Harris now feels devastated. Seeing Asher, the her love of her life leaving her now. How could he just leave me like this? Feeling so lost and along now. He has always been here with me. We have so many memori
Michelle
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Nova B
Feb 22, 2019 added it
Crap 💩 again I clicked and didn’t realize it’s a second chance and good guy involved that gets the shitty end of the stick. Ugh I think I need to retire Romance. Lol
Rebecca
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, thank you to author Melissa Toppen for the ebook as I won this in a Goodreads giveaway. This review is left voluntarily and opinions expressed are my own.

This was a cute read, quite predictable but enjoyable nonetheless. Asher leaves Blakely as he follows his late fathers bucket list and travels across the globe. Not realizing Asher will be gone for six years Blakely slowly mends her broken heart and becomes engaged to Tyler - who she is happy & in love with.

When Asher shows back up after
Sara Gross
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmmm. I am not sure how to review this one. Overall I liked the story. What I did not like... Asher was gone for six years. Six years and no contact with Blakely. No contact with any of his friends. Nothing. I find it hard to believe that he spent his life traveling the world, thinking about her every day, and not wanting her to join him or keep in touch and really thinking that after six years had passed she would be there ready to have him back in her life. I also wanted to know if he had othe ...more
Roxs Reads
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love Me Like You Won’t Let Go is a beautiful story of true love withstanding the test of time and distance and coming to life again in a second chance. Melissa has added her signature touches to this young pair and succeeded in making me adore a man I questioned from the beginning.

The story of Blakely and Asher brought out many different feelings for me. I went back and forth in my decision about what Blakely should do. I didn’t love her as a character. She was not a strong heroine who struggled
Anne OK
A huge bag of mixed feelings -- beginning with a triangle between Blakely, Asher and Tyler. I'm not a fan of cheaters and in my opinion there is definitely cheating in this book -- and just because there wasn't sex involved didn't make it any less so. Making excuses and keeping it secret doesn't make it any less hurtful or honest. I wasn't onboard. Blakely made me furious. Yeah, she was hurt -- got it. In spades even -- and I can totally understand to a certain extent. Her whining and blah, blah ...more
Paula White
3 probably me *

I wasn’t routing for who you were supposed to in this one. It could have been a bit different rather than the usual if it had played out differently. This is what I love about reading everyone gets a different experience reading the same book. I like this author and will read more but this one left me wishing it had ended completely differently.
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blakely is left heartbroken when Asher leaves, and now six years later he is back in town. This is a well written second chance romance, which is an emotional roller coaster throughout. I was hooked throughout this heart-warming story, and look forward to reading more from this talented author, whose work I highly recommend for all.
*~Alicia~*
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love Me Like You Won’t Let Go is a stand-alone second chance romance. It is the story of Blakely and Asher. Blakely is left with a broken heart when Asher leaves and she hears nothing from him at all for six years! I was at first hesitant, thinking how in the world is Ms. Toppen going to pull this one off? I mean, for me, six years seems like a long time to go and hear nothing from him. After reading the story all I will say is that I’m left satisfied and happy!
Shasta Hope
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Voluntarily Reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book!!!
I absolutely love Melissa Toppens and her writing. While this was not a favorite read of mine it was still heartwarming and loveable. I just don't think any book can top "The Road to You". Maybe I am bias but that novel had me shedding tears left and right and reading until my eyes couldn't stay open.

This book was a second chance love story that proves that even with time, the heart wants and needs what the heart wants. Asher took a
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When her first love, the man who broke her heart into a thousand pieces, comes back home after 6 years, will Blakely give him a second chance like he's come back for? Or has she moved on?

Sigh...I am of two minds about this story. On one hand, the writing itself is good (nice pacing, well-detailed, etc.), on the other hand, I absolutely could not stand either Blakely or Asher. She because she basically cheated on her fiancé, who was really the only likable character in the entire story, and (view
Sarah Scholz
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second chance romances are one of my favorite types of stories.💜 This book is a great example of that. This story grabbed my attention right from the start.😊 I really enjoyed learning about Asher & Blakely. I loved the fact that they were childhood friends first. I also enjoyed learning about their long history. My heart broke for Asher & all that he went through. It also broke for Blakely, who was left to navigate in a world without him. She had to make sense of his departure & placed her hopes ...more
Tania's Book Blog
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve read emotional love stories but omg this one is now in the top 5. It was sad, it was happy with a little bit of anger, heartbreaks all wrapped in one. My heart was about to explode reading about Asher and Blakely. I didn’t know what to think at times and oh my heart.

Asher and Blakely childhood sweethearts until poor Asher loss his dad and set out to fulfill his dad dream of exploring the world. Of course this meant leaving heartbroken Blakely behind. Fast forward 6 years and he returns thi
Jenny B
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Childhood sweethearts and he goes away. This story is great love story about a tried and true love that people dream of and life happens and then will they be able to get their story back. Asher is a perfectly written character describing the loss he feels internally after losing both his mother and father and his struggles to find himself again. Blakely is his love who is left behind while he is trying to find his place again. The emotions in this book were perfectly written and very accurate w ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Second-chance romance is one of my favorite tropes. But not when it comes at the expense of an innocent party, like this triangle with Asher/Blakely/Tyler. I genuinely liked Tyler — maybe even more than Asher. And that was kinda problematic because I was rooting for the OM, not the hero of the story.

Blakely just came off as being really selfish in my opinion, spending all this time, literally weeks before her wedding , with her teenage love after he went AWOL for SIX YEARS with zero contact! The
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Asher and Blakely's story completely consumed me. This second chance romance is the first book in a long time that made me want to jump to the end to see if they find their way back to each other. This was a well crafted love triangle and you could feel the pain and heartbreak that the characters were living through. Ms. Toppen has quickly become one of my favorite authors. I know that I will always love the story and the characters and that it will make me feel. It has been really hard to find ...more
Mary S.
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's difficult to read a book where you just know there might be so much angsty but for some reason this story was so well writing that I just fell in love with this characters with their difficult journey they had to take and what they all went through. It was just at the same time heartbreaking and sweet as well. Asher and Blakely they had to go through so much so they can have that love the kind of love that you never take for granted and you never let go.
Mona williams
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was kind of a heart breaking story! they were together than he had to leave for a little while. she waited for years for him. she moved on with her life. than he decides to come back. will it be to late? read to find out.
Lindsey Kramer
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has to be the best Melissa Toppen book to date even though I haven’t read them all yet. I laughed. I cried. I couldn’t put it down until the very last page. This book was fantastic. It’s absolutely brilliant and I can’t wait for Melissa’s next book!
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Second chance romance are my thing....so when I saw this was available I jumped on it.

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed with the story/characters. They just seemed a tad immature for me. I may have not liked the story, but the writing was good and worthy of the 3 stars.

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Milena
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super emotional!
Whenever I read one of Melissa’s books I bring tissues. This one was no different. The story was beautifully heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time. Blakey and Asher will give you all the feels. Definite must read.
Allisyn
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! The characters were flawed and heartfelt. Blakely and Asher really kept me glued to the pages!! Asher makes a great member of my harem!!
mybookcraze
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-2019, feb-2019
*Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Just same storyline boy leaves girl and sleeps with different woman every night. Then realizes he made a mistake and tries to win her back.
Cherie Maggi
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this story for an honest review and loved it. I connected with the characters immediately and it's one of those books you can't put down.
Andrea
Asher left for 6 years and Blakely moved on with her life. She was set to marry another man when Asher walked back into her life. You can imagine how much angst she feels between her first love and her current love.

I loved the plot and the overall feel of the book. What I didn’t care was being “told” things rather than shown...if that makes any sort of sense. I wanted to feel emotionally attached and I couldn’t seem to attach myself completely.

I struggle with how much I loved the story line an
Maria
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
** Review contains spoilers **

I wanted to like this book so much more than I did, but from the beginning I just couldn't get behind Blakely and Asher. Asher left for six years with no contact. Not one letter, one phone call, one text; absolute radio silence for six years. That's a lifetime, especially in your late teens/ early twenties. You go through so many changes during that time as you try to figure out what it means to be an adult. I know I wasn't the same person at 18 that I ended up bein
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Malicious
  • Bred
  • Tell Me To Stay
  • Shattered Stars
  • Treacherous
  • Stay with Me
  • Kiss and Break Up (Magnolia Cove, #1)
  • Over You: A Rockstar Romance
  • Think Twice
  • For Lila, Forever
  • Yesterday Is Ours (Yesterday #3)
  • 5,331 Miles (The La Jolla Series, #1)
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)
  • For Emery (For You, #4)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
Melissa Toppen is a USA Today Bestselling Author who specializes in New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.
Melissa resides in Cincinnati Ohio with her husband and two children, where she writes full time.

Connect