Start by marking “doyenne.” as Want to Read:
doyenne.

doyenne.

I don't know what it's like to feel.
To hurt.

The ability was stolen from me in my youth.
I consider that theft a gift.

Feelings got in the way when you were building an empire.
Amassing power.

I had the empire.
I had the power.

One moment in an alley changed everything.

What took over a decade to amass was snatched away in a second.

He killed for me.

But he didn't save me.
Published June 25th 2019 (first published June 10th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about doyenne., please sign up.
Anne Malcom It hasn't released yet, it's out on June 25th :)

-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Wowsa! This one is not for the faint of heart. This gets one of my 6 star reads for 2019.

I was lucky enough to beta read this one for Anne and it's stayed on my mind since I finished a few days ago. I needed a minute to put my thoughts together. Charlotte is not your average romance heroine. Not in any way. But personally, that's okay and I actually think that's why I loved her so much. She's fierce. She's damaged and I girl crush her in a big big way.

Jacob, well let's just say he is right up t
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unique, Unputdownable, Unquestionably an easy 5 +++++ read..The Ice Queen and Wolf Eyes. The plot, the characters, the flow were all on point..

This exceeded all my expectations, the cover and synopsis don’t give anything away, so your pretty much walking into the unknown. The first chapter got its hooks into me and from there onwards I didn’t put it down!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I absolutely loved how strong our heroine, thirty two year old Charlotte was, a CEO of a multimillion dollar empire shed built from the gro
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
✩★ The Blog Tour ★✩

Charlotte clutches control like a miser. She's learned that the hard way that loss of control leads to destruction. So she's worked her way to the top, living out her lofty dreams behind the walls of her ivory tower, reigning over her empire with the cunning and calculation most men wish to possess. She's the envy of everyone. The billionairess no one wants to displease. She's cold... she's brutal... but can she be lethal? Someone's out to kill her and they're not giving up. A
Dri ✰
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
2.5 STARS

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

I think this is a good book, just not for me. Although the main characters are interesting and the story intriguing, I could not connect with anything. In fact, I struggled to overcome boredom. The story dragged on too much and at certain points was very repetitive for my taste. I tried a lot to like it but unfortunately it didn’t work for me.
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Type: Standalone
POV: Shifting (Mostly first person, female)
Rating:

Charlotte Crofton craved control like it’s her next breath. As a self-made millionaire, she effortlessly clutched power in her flawlessly manicured hands. However, being at the top meant she had much more to lose. When Jacob Lucas walked into her life, she knew he was dangerous, but took a gamble as he brought out anew craving in her and risked losing the one thing she held dear.

The moment I started th
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
GAH!!! THIS STORY!! I have no words to describe how magnificent Doyenne. was. I got lost in the story countless times and the stark reality of who Charlotte was and how the dangerous and unpredictable man at her side not only complemented her but accepted her for who she was, who she wasn't and loved her because of it. Doyenne. was such a fantastic story with an impressive message that happy endings do not always have to be hearts and rainbows but filled with love, pain, heartbreak and never ...more
CC
4.5 Stars

Charlotte Crofton is a highly successful entrepreneur and extremely dedicated to her career. Driven and precisely controlled, Charlotte has her reasons for being detached, but as she becomes a target, her vulnerabilities are exposed.

“She wasn’t beyond redemption. But she was broken. And beautiful. A fucking enigma.”

Jacob Lucas is an extremely guarded man who comes into Charlotte’s life at a turning point. He offers protection and what she needs even though it is destructive to both of
Shirley
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book about two hours ago and I still can't wrap my mind around the words that will do it justice.
Charlotte is Doyenne. No question, no doubt, much to the chagrin of others in her field. She doesn't play it safe, she plays to win. Period. There is a reason she's where she is, she catapulted herself there by taking chances and risking it all. But when you're at the top, it puts a target on your back, and everyone takes aim.
Jacob, the man is an island. His own isolated, island. He
Jessica Gadziala
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Review to come closer to release date. But TBR this bad boy.
BLuvsBooks
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“You don’t need a lifetime for someone to change you. You only need a moment.”
I am in awe of all the words written by this new to me author. (hello 60 highlights. 🤪)

This Story is unique and unexpected.
It is dark, suspenseful,raw and gritty.
It is also about heartbreak, strength, protection and love.
Every character is complex and purposeful.
They are strong but broken, beautiful but damaged.
It will leave you emotionally raw.
One click now.

Wolf eyes, Boots, Rambo.

Let’s chat books
Katerina
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW...JUST WOW!!!!More than 5 Boots and Wolf Eyes stars!!!I thought Isla from Fatal Harmony was a crazy badass bitch...she's nothing in front of Charlotte....and then there's my damaged Jacob.Their relationship is not all hearts and flowers...they both so broken.More after the release..Just read it!!!
Tongan Book Lover
Have you ever come across a book that changed your perspective on almost everything? A book that you didn't expect, that you didn't think you'd even like until one moment changed your entire perspective?

doyenne. by Anne Malcom is such a book. It's a standalone novel that has transcended the standards of dark romance. It's gritty, dark, raw and so real. It's confronting in all the best ways. It is completely unlike anything this author has written in the past and I have honestly loved every mome
Tara The Obsessive Book Reader!
Charlotte and Jacob story is perfectly imperfect. Don’t be expecting hearts and flowers because in this story you won’t find that.

Anne has killed me with this story story. This is probably my favourite book to date of hers. The emotion,the rawness, the grit, the suspense and the pain anne delivers is what makes this book one beautiful story.

I absolutely loved Charlotte, how bad ass and complex she is. When Charlotte comes into a situation, we meet her mystery man.

Jacob.

Jacob is a guy your go
Dani
Wow! Speechless. I have no idea how to even review this masterpiece.

This is Anne's best work to date.

Malcolm went all out with her words, dragged me into the world she'd created, and I'm still there. I don't want to leave Char and Jacob. This was an emotional, raw, gritty, suspenseful, at times painful, but utterly beautiful story.

This has left me with a book hangover that I'm not sure I'll come back from any time soon. Go in with your eyes closed, fall in love with Charlotte, because you can
Obsessive Book Whore
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Beta read* and HOLY WOW! This book was raw beauty.

Nothing about this book is a typical romance. It’s gritty, dark and full of cold characters. Characters that learn love isn’t always warm, nor is it a choice we make. Charlotte was a hard character to like, let alone love. She was cold, ruthless business woman. Well respected, yes, but not well liked. She is emotionally detached and as this shrewd business woman soon finds out, she said no to the wrong person.

Jacob is a shell of the man he used
Debbie Eichler
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My words in no way could not do this book justice. This is one you need to read to get the full effect of how mind blowing phenomenal this story is. If you want a darker story with a strong ruthless female lead who does not bow down to anyone than I suggest you one click as soon as you can, you will not be disappointed!!! My top read if 2019!!
Kahea
***5 Stars***

This book was an experience

That is honestly the only way I can sum up what this book put me through and yet it still doesn’t totally do this book justice.

I’m not sure there is a word that can. But saying that it is an ‘experience’ does, at least in my mind, give it the credit it is due because doyenne hooked me from the start and had me falling into adoration with the two of the most perfectly imperfect characters I have ever met and wishing i could spend a fuckton more time with th
B.B. Lynn
doyenne: a prominent woman, respected in her field.

“It’s you. The painting is you. You’re Doyenne.”

This story is tragic, broken, and beautiful. You are going to want a happy ever after for the heroine, but you won’t get it. Because that’s not what this story is about. What you will get is a beautifully painted book about love, redemption, and pain. And how to get back up again.

“That was the trick. Even when the pain was so deep you thought it might cripple and scar you for life, you never let o
Nicola
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow. What can I say but Wow. This is one dark story. I’m not normally a fan of stories this dark but Anne managed to Wow me.
Just Wow.
You want to read a dark story about a kick arse woman in a male-dominated world then this is for you.
Wow.
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
Whew. This book is such an intense, slow-burn kind of read. It is both emotionless and emotional at the same time. I love the heroine! Charlotte is such a badass bitch. Strong heroines are my jam and Anne always does them well. And then there is Jacob... the strong, silent, and broken type. Gahhh. I just love the way they kinda/sorta complete each other.
If you’re looking for something different than the typical, feel-good romance, this is definitely a book for you. It’s gritty and wrong, and oh
Erin Scorpio
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This one was tough, not in a bad way, but in the way that you keep expecting one of the characters to do something, feel something, and they just don't. I kept thinking that nobody could be this robotic like,yet still be human.

Charlotte is just that, human, but cold. She is a ruthless business woman, who always ends up on top. She runs 4 successful companies, but when she passes on another she finds herself in trouble, which brings a wolf to her. A wolf in the shape of a sexy man just as c
Deb Cechak
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“And what is it you need?” the words came out as little more than a whisper. As somewhat of a plead, betraying my desire to know more of him, to find his loose threads and unravel them until he was in pieces in front of me, until I could dissect him like he was doing to me.

Doyenne, Anne Malcom’s latest masterpiece, breaks us down as she builds us into the world of Charlotte. Charlotte, who is a masterpiece character. One who we have never met the likes of before. One who cannot be described in
Sandra
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overwhelmed was what I felt after reading this book a few days ago. I had to take some time to let is all sink in and to gather my thoughts. Honestly I really should not have been too surprised, Anne Malcom has a way of writing that makes you feel so much, from one extreme emotion to the other. This book is definitely one that does all that.

I am not going to go into too much of the story, but all the people in this book will seriously trigger intense emotions. Right from the first sentence on th
Kelly Williams
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie Osborne
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Doyenne is an out-of-the-box original from Anne Malcom! The only thing this story has in common with any other is Anne’s ability to write female lead roles. Strong, independent, brilliant, tough...just a few characteristics they all have.

Charlotte is also broken, but not defeated. A trait she shares with Jacob. Together their bond could save them both. But forever doesn’t always mean happily ever after.
 B.E.Love
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not at all what I expected, and I loved every minute of it. Review to come.
*thank you Anne Malcom for this Beta copy.
Rebecca
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A business woman that has done what no one else in her community, man or woman, has done before. A man that is more animal than human. He won't save her, and she's surely not his salvation either, but he will make sure no one continues the wrecking of her soul.

He has his work cut out for him, because whoever is coming for Charlotte is determined. Charlotte is more determined, and more badass than any heroine I've read this year.

What no one could have predicted, but knowing the author of Birds o
Cali Gals
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I had to sleep on this before writing a review. I actually dreamt about this story. Have you ever thought, I can feel the mind numbing pain of a character? This story was that for me. It is dark yes but it is more. You experience the beauty and pain of mental illness. Yes I believe there is beauty in the understanding as well as the makings/happenings of our mind. I always go first to the emotions a book solicits from me. This one was intense from the beginning. It almost was more than angsty ...more
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Fell asleep trying to read this.
The first thing she did when she meets hero seconds after she was close to being murdered was about him wearing old boots and that they were “last season” and he needed to get himself new ones. The lady was almost murdered and those were her thoughts. She also kept mentioning designer labels.
Shelley
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Speechless.....😶

I have literally just finished this story and needless to say I’m speechless but also feel as though I’ve been ripped apart piece by piece and now I’m left feeling naked and raw on the inside! This story was so much more than I expected it to be but dark, passionate and filled with emotion or like Charlotte emotionless on the surface!

A brief synopsis so I don’t ruin it for others....Charlotte has worked her way to the top of her ivory tower. She is one of the most successful wom
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Anne Malcom has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth, then as she grew up her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males an ...more