Start by marking “Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)

Deadly Little Scandals

(Debutantes #2)

"Think of the White Gloves like the Junior League-by way of Skull and Bones?"

Reluctant debutante Sawyer Taft joined Southern high society for one reason and one reason alone: to identify and locate her biological father. But the answers Sawyer found during her debutante year only left her with more questions and one potentially life-ruining secret. When her cousin Lily
Published November 5th 2019 by Freeform

Start your review of Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)
mith
This book was fucking insane and I’m so confused. Y’all know that gif, the one where a dudes got red yarn all over a board, trying to solve a conspiracy? That’s this book. That’s me trying to understand this book.
Hollis
If I thought the first book in this series was wild, I didn't know anything. What a wild ride this truly was.

That said, things do veer towards the unreal and unbelievable but honestly it was still a really fun time. And also as long you read book one, and I don't know why you'd skip it, you'll be prepared for the kind of unreal and unbelievable things. But definitely not how far things will go or the surprises that are in store.

The hijinks are a little less light hearted and yet the way things
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I adore pretty much all of Jennifer Lynn Barnes stories and when Deadly Little Secrets came out last year I was completely in love with it and couldn't wait to get my hands on Deadly Little Scandals.

It completely lived up to all of my expectations. With twists and turns galore and so many things that I simply just did not see coming, it kept me on my toes and completely, once again, immersed in the world of debutantes, the filthy rich, scandals, secrets, and where almost anything goes with those
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
“Think of the White Gloves like the Junior League - by way of Skull and Bones.”
Deadly Little Scandals returns us to the world of Southern High Society as Sawyer and her family navigate the Summer Lake Season with new secrets, revelations, and as always - scandals.

Things I Liked
This series has so much campy dramatic goodness. It’s addicting to read about this over-the-top world and the rigid social rules that they’re determined to break.

There is such a strong focus on family that
Stacee
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had really enjoyed the previous book in this series and there was no way I was going to skip this one.

I love Sawyer and her girls. They’re snarky and loyal and sarcastic and I’m living for it. There seemed to be more characters this time around, but I could be making that up. I loved John David and would happily read a million more scene with him and William Faulkner.

Plot wise, it was a bit confusing. There are several time lines and the e-arc formatting was horrible. The build up was
Madison
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Little Scandals is the sequel to Little White Lies, and, if possible it is even better than its predecessor. More intrigue, more plots, bodies to uncover, secrets to tell, and twist after twist that you never see coming, because, seriously who else but Jennifer Lynn Barnes could conceive of such an idea and actually make it work. Deadly Little Scandals will thrill fans of the first book and keep readers on the edge of their seat.

When Sawyer accepted her grandmother’s terms last summer,
Samantha
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars.

Secret identical sisters who switch places! Illegitimate children! Black market babies! Several dozen other murky parentage plot lines!

National Enquirer headlines, or plot points from this book?

***

I’ll say this for Deadly Little Scandals: It certainly keeps you compulsively turning those pages. Unfortunately, it’s also a convoluted, difficult to follow mess, and fraught with all sorts of absurd soap opera elements that are too ridiculous to be believed and irritating to slog through.
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Now that Sawyer knows the identity of her father, she and her debutante buddies have a few other mysteries to solve.

The first half of DEADLY LITTLE SCANDALS was every bit as entertaining as book one, with Sawyer’s whip-smart narration and moxie. Somewhere towards the middle Jennifer Lynn Barnes’ latest book jumps the shark to ridiculous proportions. While I still enjoyed the ending, it was unnecessarily confusing and preposterous.

DEADLY LITTLE SCANDALS is definitely worth reading, especially if
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
Maybe I'm dense, but I didn't see that twist coming.

RTC
Bickering Book Reviews
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
For a more in-depth review watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lewpl...

This was a fun follow up to "Little White Lies". It was fun to revisit the characters and their world. However, the mystery felt a little weak and the ending didn't quite work with the rest of the story. Fans of the first book will enjoy this but need readers may give up without finishing it.
Anna Bright
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
w.o.w.
i have never read twists like this. i was gasping OUT LOUD. in public. it's amazing.
selina ☾
Oh my lord. I have been bamboozled.

Not necessarily because this was the epitome of A Good Book, though it is good (to me anyway). I am bamboozled because just like when I mistakenly read the first book of this duology (I thought it was Big Little Lies, don't judge me), I have been blown over by the RIDICULOUS CLUSTERFUCK OF SCANDALS. And I effing love it?

I suppose this is just the part of my reading personality that really likes a good YA mystery that's both glamorous and funny, filled with
Liralen
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, ya, reviewed, fiction
"Just remember," she cautioned, "what we're about to tell you doesn't change who you are. It's just like musical chairs, but with parents." (263)

Oh goodness. If you need the soapiest YA novel that ever did make suds, HERE YOU GO. In the hypothetical TV version of this series (please can this happen? I don't even watch television, but I would watch the hell out of this), Sawyer would have to have a family tree up on the wall (à la Alice's relationship web in The L Word), and she'd have to update
Lisa Mandina
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really was looking forward to this one after reading the first book, and was a bit disappointed to not get a physical ARC, but once again, losing my contact at Disney has kept me from a few newer books. Of course, the covers wouldn't have matched so I guess it's better this way. I did get it on Netgalley, so I got the chance to keep up with the story. And boy am I glad that I did! This book had even more twists and turns than the first one! In fact, there was even one part at the end when ...more
Stacia | stacialovestoread
After reading Little White Lies, I didn’t think Barnes had anymore bombshells to drop but there’s always room for more with these Debutantes.

Sawyer is still at Grandma Lillian’s house soaking up the last bit of summer when a mysterious invitation to join an even more mysterious secret society lands at her front door. She, Campbell, Lily, and Sadie-Grace all band together to try and secure membership in this secret club. And things are going well...until a night of cliff jumping washes up a
Darcy
Man...this one. So many secrets, it seemed like each time the girls would find one secret it lead them to another, to another, to another. By the end of the book it seems like we know all the secrets and all the kids have had their worlds rocked, nothing is what it seemed with the adults all lying to them. But now that things are out in the open they seem oddly at peace, ready to find their own place in the world and there is no doubt they will do just that.
Susan
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Another delightful Jennifer Lynn Barnes book! I think my head was spinning near the end though. Very difficult to keep up with what was going on.

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
The Kawaii Slartibartfast
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, this was really a great sequel with a great twist!

I really loved Sawyer's relationships and how they developed and just the character development in general.
SarahO
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness! To everyone who reads this book bless your heart, and good luck!
Kerri
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, even better than the 1st book. I am a fan of this new brand of crazy and the friends that stand in face of it all.
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, physical-2019

Barnes did it again! She knocked it out of the park with this one. I love the secrets, the insults, the sarcasm, the wit, the complex mysteries. Brilliant.
Khue
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Confusing as heck. LITERALLY NO ONE IS WHO THEY SEEM TO BE.
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Mystery
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Deadly Little Scandals is the final installment in author Jennifer Lynn Barnes Debutantes duology. Sawyer Taft moved into her Grandmother's home after she was offered a pretty amazing deal. In return, Sawyer was introduced to the world of the Debutantes and all the scandals that have been uncovered. This time around, the author does something a bit different. She actually goes back in time 25 years to the year of her own
Nikki S
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whoaaaa ...more
Rebekah
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this sequel. It made me laugh and kept me on the edge of my seat. I had no idea where it was going and that was a great thing!
Louisa
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, man, this was an incredible book! So many secrets and twists and it was just so freaking great! Really enjoyed spending more time with these characters!
T.K.
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy twists and turns! And I only guessed one of them. :) This is a fun wrap up to the series even if it didn't turn out quite like I wanted.
Amber
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun whirlwind of an adventure that just is plausible enough.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• 10 Blind Dates
  • I Know You Remember
  • In the Hall with the Knife (Clue Mystery, #1)
  • Michigan vs. the Boys
  • Our Wayward Fate
  • Don't Say a Word
  • Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #1)
  • Heart of the Moors: An Original Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Novel
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • Now Entering Addamsville
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • The Arrival of Someday
  • Tweet Cute
  • One Night Gone
  • Maybe This Time
  • The Deceivers (Vale Hall, #1)
  • The Lady Rogue
  • The Last True Poets of the Sea
Jennifer Lynn Barnes (who mostly goes by Jen) was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She has been, in turn, a competitive cheerleader, a volleyball player, a dancer, a debutante, a primate cognition researcher, a teen model, a comic book geek, and a lemur aficionado. She's been writing for as long as she can remember, finished her first full book (which she now refers to as a "practice book" and which none ...more

Debutantes (2 books)
  • Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1)