Start by marking “Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)

Deadly Little Scandals

(Debutantes #2)

"Think of the White Gloves like the Junior League-by way of Skull and Bones?"

Reluctant debutante Sawyer Taft joined Southern high society for one reason and one reason alone: to identify and locate her biological father. But the answers Sawyer found during her debutante year only left her with more questions and one potentially life-ruining secret. When her cousin Lily r
Published November 5th 2019 by Freeform

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Little Scandals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Little Scandals

Start your review of Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)
mith
This book was fucking insane and I’m so confused. Y’all know that gif, the one where a dudes got red yarn all over a board, trying to solve a conspiracy? That’s this book. That’s me trying to understand this book.
Hollis
If I thought the first book in this series was wild, I didn't know anything. What a wild ride this truly was.

That said, things do veer towards the unreal and unbelievable but honestly it was still a really fun time. And also as long you read book one, and I don't know why you'd skip it, you'll be prepared for the kind of unreal and unbelievable things. But definitely not how far things will go or the surprises that are in store.

The hijinks are a little less light hearted
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I adore pretty much all of Jennifer Lynn Barnes stories and when Deadly Little Secrets came out last year I was completely in love with it and couldn't wait to get my hands on Deadly Little Scandals.

It completely lived up to all of my expectations. With twists and turns galore and so many things that I simply just did not see coming, it kept me on my toes and completely, once again, immersed in the world of debutantes, the filthy rich, scandals, secrets, and where almost anything goe
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
“Think of the White Gloves like the Junior League - by way of Skull and Bones.”
Deadly Little Scandals returns us to the world of Southern High Society as Sawyer and her family navigate the Summer Lake Season with new secrets, revelations, and as always - scandals.

Things I Liked
This series has so much campy dramatic goodness. It’s addicting to read about this over-the-top world and the rigid social rules that they’re determined to break.

There is such a strong focus on family that I always love. We see the deep complexistars
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
Maybe I'm dense, but I didn't see that twist coming.

RTC
Anna Bright
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
w.o.w.
i have never read twists like this. i was gasping OUT LOUD. in public. it's amazing.
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Now that Sawyer knows the identity of her father, she and her debutante buddies have a few other mysteries to solve.

The first half of DEADLY LITTLE SCANDALS was every bit as entertaining as book one, with Sawyer’s whip-smart narration and moxie. Somewhere towards the middle Jennifer Lynn Barnes’ latest book jumps the shark to ridiculous proportions. While I still enjoyed the ending, it was unnecessarily confusing and preposterous.

DEADLY LITTLE SCANDALS is definitely worth reading, e
Stacia | stacialovestoread
After reading Little White Lies, I didn’t think Barnes had anymore bombshells to drop but there’s always room for more with these Debutantes.

Sawyer is still at Grandma Lillian’s house soaking up the last bit of summer when a mysterious invitation to join an even more mysterious secret society lands at her front door. She, Campbell, Lily, and Sadie-Grace all band together to try and secure membership in this secret club. And things are going well...until a night of cliff jumping washes up a skul
Darcy
Man...this one. So many secrets, it seemed like each time the girls would find one secret it lead them to another, to another, to another. By the end of the book it seems like we know all the secrets and all the kids have had their worlds rocked, nothing is what it seemed with the adults all lying to them. But now that things are out in the open they seem oddly at peace, ready to find their own place in the world and there is no doubt they will do just that.
Susan
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Another delightful Jennifer Lynn Barnes book! I think my head was spinning near the end though. Very difficult to keep up with what was going on.

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Kerri
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, even better than the 1st book. I am a fan of this new brand of crazy and the friends that stand in face of it all.
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, physical-2019

Barnes did it again! She knocked it out of the park with this one. I love the secrets, the insults, the sarcasm, the wit, the complex mysteries. Brilliant.
The Kawaii Slartibartfast
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, this was really a great sequel with a great twist!

I really loved Sawyer's relationships and how they developed and just the character development in general.
Louisa
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, man, this was an incredible book! So many secrets and twists and it was just so freaking great! Really enjoyed spending more time with these characters!
Lesley Peck
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought the first book was good....well this book knocked me for a loop. Simply amazing. I was totally enthralled. I loved every twist and turn. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. It was everything you'd want wrapped up in pretty dresses and southern living.
Kathy Martin
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The sequel the LITTLE WHITE LIES is even more twisty than the first book. Sawyer Taft took her grandmother's offer for college tuition in exchange for doing the debutante thing in order to find out who impregnated her teenage mother. It seems like every piece of information she finds only adds to the mystery and the confusion.

In this book the girls are pledging a mystery and elite secret society called the White Gloves. They have a number of tasks to perform and trials to overcome. During one t
Carrie G
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
***I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.***

Jennifer Lynn Barnes never fails to please with her mysteries, and she has done it again with “Deadly Little Scandals”! While I was reluctant before reading “Little White Lies,” I had no such reservations about this book.

In terms of plot, I felt lik
Lauren R.
This was certainly a wild ride. I feel very confused still? I was super addicted once I got going, just like in the first book, and I really love JLB’s writing SO much. She’s the ultimate auto-buy author for me (and I actually still have the NATURALS series left to read!). But yeah... there were soooo many people to keep track of and different timelines too, so that was challenging, but then there were so many twists involving ALL of those people across generations. Just very complicated haha.
Dawn Ferencz
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As with all Jennifer Lynn Barnes books, all I can say is that I loved this and I did not see the plot twists coming.
Jordan (The Heart of a Book Blogger)
This review and more can be found at The Heart of a Book Blogger.

I was so excited to read Deadly Little Scandals early as Jennifer Lynn Barnes is one of my favorite authors and I absolutely loved Little White Lies last year. Since Deadly Little Scandals is the sequel to Little White Lies, beware of spoilers. I will try to keep this review as spoiler free as I possibly can.

Deadly Little Scandals takes place at the start of the summer after Little White Lies. The girls have graduated
Jodi
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Lynn Barnes has done it again. In the second book in the Debutantes series, we are reunited with Sawyer, Sadie-Grace, Lily, and Campbell for more hijinks and adventures.

In Little White Lies, the first book in the series, Barnes introduces us to Sawyer, who has been bribed by her grandmother Lillian to do a Debutante season in exchange for college tuition. It is while living with Lillian that Sawyer embarks on a detective journey to discover who her father is.

At the beginnin
Joy Novel Thoughts
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YAASSSSSS!!! Deadly Little Scandals was EXACTLY the book I needed in my life! I swear it breathed life back into me. The plot twists in Deadly Little Scandals were jaw dropping and I literally NEVER saw them coming.

Reading Deadly Little Scandals is akin to reading three different stories at one time, that all culminate into one a explosive ending. We are told the story in pieces starting with the current bind Sawyer finds herself in, her aunt and friend's portion of the story from years ago alo
Amy
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with a DRC of this title to review. All opinions are my own.

In this follow up to Barnes' hit Little White Lies the murders and mysteries keep coming. Sawyer is still on the hunt for who else could be the product of the teenage pregnancy pact that resulted in her conception and she is determined to find out what happened to Ana, the other girl with her mother in the pact. Because finding Ana means finding someone else who might underst
Jaymie
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
[I received an electronic review copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.]

4.5 stars. WOW! The plot twists in this are dizzying! I had dreams about the ending, and I couldn't stop thinking through it for a good 24 hours or more after finishing. It was almost like a different book by the end because so many things happened.

As with the first book (also terrific) this starts with snippets from a current situation (in book 1 t
Michelle
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
When Sawyer’s grandmother talked her into becoming a debutante last summer, Sawyer had no idea the crazy ways it would change her life. Emphasis on crazy.
In the first book, Sawyer learned that her existence was the result of a teenage pregnancy pact. Her mom slept with her sister Olivia’s husband and became pregnant with Sawyer on purpose.

Sawyer still hasn’t told her cousin Lily that they are actually half sisters.

In this book, Sawyer becomes obsessed with finding o
Elizabeth
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy of this book through NetGalley and the publisher for a fair and honest review. Thank you for allowing me to read the conclusion to this series early. If you have not read the 1st book in the series, you would need to in order for any of it to make sense.

Sawyer's story resumes in the beginning of summer following Deb season. The family is traveling to the lake for weekends. So begins a new mission, and a new mystery. There is an all girls secret society and a contest
Samantha Fondriest
Deadly Little Scandals takes the debutante drama from the first book and runs with it. This delightful sequel is chock-full of reveals, murder, affairs, a secret society, and every kind of scandal imaginable. This is a wild ride of a book - it really turns up the mystery and sleuthing elements that I found just a little lacking in the first novel. Readers will find their head spinning as reveal after reveal shows the skeletons - literal and figurative - in these seemingly perfect families' closets. Whil ...more
Mrs. Kenyon
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sawyer Taft has survived her debutante year and secured enough money to pay for college. It is now summer and time for fun and relaxation. That is until she is offered the chance to pledge with a very private, secret society called the White Gloves. During the first pledge “dare” the ladies discover a secret that has been hidden for over 20 years. Sawyer is now trying to unravel another family secret while also walking the fine line of high society. What else will Sawyer uncover along the way? ...more
Elizabeth
Jennifer Lynn Barnes really knows how to write a suspenseful novel that's equal parts mystery to drama to relationship dynamics. It had been a while since I read the first book, but I was able to jump back into this world quickly. Also, I was reminded of just how cool and tough Sawyer is. She has her problems—Nick to name a big one—but I love her little quips and comebacks.

But can we talk about the twist at the end? It was WILD. I did not see any of it coming, which is another tradem
Brittney
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
*Thank you Disney Book Group for providing me with this eARC through Netgalley.

3.25 / 5 stars

Deadly Little Secrets follows Sawyer Taft and her small group of gal pals as they are recruited to be in secret society. Sawyer and the gang are back in this sequel to undercover more secrets and scandals in this small town.

I thought that this second book was a very interesting sequel. I think that the mystery reveal was far-fetched and unbelievable, but ultimately ent
« previous 1 3 next »
Jennifer Lynn Barnes (who mostly goes by Jen) was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She has been, in turn, a competitive cheerleader, a volleyball player, a dancer, a debutante, a primate cognition researcher, a teen model, a comic book geek, and a lemur aficionado. She's been writing for as long as she can remember, finished her first full book (which she now refers to as a "practice book" and which none ...more

Debutantes (2 books)
  • Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1)