Start by marking “Brazen” as Want to Read:
Brazen

Brazen

(Brazen Duet #1)

Wham, bam, thank you ma’am? That’s my motto.

There’s no room in my life for anything more complicated than a one-night stand. I’m a bodyguard. It’s easier to put my life on the line when there’s no one worrying if I’ll make it home for dinner.

But then the one woman who made me want more waltzes back into my life needing my protection.

Despite our explosive chemistry, we can’
ebook
Published January 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Brazen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brazen

Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
It’s Oksar’s turn!

I had no idea when I started the Blake Security Team series just how interesting Oskar would turn out to be. He’s sarcastic, witty, and full of jokes. He’s also loyal and protective. So I was highly entertained by his love interest, Hailey! She’s almost his opposite. She’s sort of OCD in a bossy but really sweet kind of way. It was her controlling tendencies that had me sitting in anticipation of the fireworks to come between them and I wasn’t disappointed!

Oskar and Hailey’s
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Brazen by M. Malone & Nana Malone is book 1 in the Brazen Duet. This is the story of Hailey and Oskar . Oskar was once a bad guy but now works for Blake Security and is moving forward with his life. But he doesn't plan on settling down...and the only time he thought he wanted more was when he and Hailey had their hot encounter years ago. But he sneaked out the next morning knowing that his life was to dangerous for her. Now in the present day, her father has hired Blake Security to protect H ...more
Isha Coleman
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
The Malones turn a handful of sinful into a Brazen experience. Hailey and Oskar are something to talk about. She's as feisty as he is fearless and despite the risk, he lightens up the danger with a wicked sense of humor. Brazen takes a walk on the wild side with a few blasts from the past. Malone squared sprinkles in a few familiar faces and more than a little danger. Brazen caught me hook, line and sinker.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When I started reading the Blake Security series, starting with Shameless, the first book in the Shameless Trilogy, which is Noah and Lucia's story, I fell in love with all the men of Blake Security, and the women they love. And Oskar caught my interest from the first time he was introduced. Here in the beginning part of his own story, he shines. He's funny and sharp as a tack, and so in love with Hailey, a woman with whom he shares a complicated past.

Hailey is an interesting heroine. She has an
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This is the first book I have read by these authors and I tell you it will not be the last. I loved every moment of this book and I loved Oskar and Hailey. They are an incredible together and watching their story unfold was amazing! I love a good sexy arse alpha who knows what he wants and is not afraid to go after it and I love a good geeky girl who knows what she wants and is willing to sacrifice that to get what she needs.

I have to say that Oskar and Hailey are complete opposites but they mak
Cindy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-books-2019
Brazen by Nana and M Malone was one HELL of a second-chance at love romance that captivated me from page 1. So many twists and unexpected turns in this story!! From the characters to the storyline I LOVED this story!

I have been a HUGE fan of Oskar since we first met him. I always find him so funny, and just so damn hot and sexy! And we definitely see a different side of him in Brazen. We see his soft, protective side. I ADORE this man!!

Hailey was different then what I expected. But her charact
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Brazen strikes a cord with all those of us that have followed the ins and outs and intricate tales for the characters built by these Malone's. We get reads that take us on an adventure. This time was no exception. We go on an exceptional ride with Oskar and Hailey. There was one heck of a Vegas tale wrapped around these two individuals. Watching it all unfold was just the beginning. Getting a deeper look at these two apart and together was what made this all so Brazen. Cliffhanger yes, but what ...more
Sara Oxton
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brazen by Nana Malone and M Malone a five-star read that will protect you. This is the first part of the Brazen duet and I cannot wait for the second part!! What to say without getting spoilers, this is a compelling story and the chemistry is like liquid napalm, I was surprised my eyes didn’t melt it was so hot in places. There is action and drama a plenty, things happen, and you really don’t know who dunnit until you do, and your heart will be in your mouth at times, throw in a weekend in Vegas ...more
Karin
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t believe I finally got more of Oskar and I loved every single second of it!! Oskar and Hailey had a weekend neither of them could forget in Vegas and walked away feeling like something was off for years until Hailey needs someone to protect and lookey loo it’s Oskar!!!!! I literally could not put this book down the second I started it and am already on pins and needles waiting for the continuation of this story!!

I voluntarily reviewed a advanced readers copy of this book
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson

I have to say that Oskar and Hailey are complete opposites but they mak
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Another great story by the Malone sisters! This series (in duet sets) from the men of Blake Security is just excellent. Every one of them is unique and fun with just enough mystery and intensity to keep you guessing.

I have enjoyed my time reading these books and can't wait to read the next one for this duet.
Within The Pages Book Blog
Intriguing Reunion. If you are looking for action and excitement while finding the unexpected, you will not be disappointed. Hailey is a strong and determined woman. She doesn’t want to hear about needing protection. Can she let go of the past in order to see another day? Will the team be able to take on the task at hand and leave feelings aside? I like how the author brings in the past with the present in order to see how they may need to save each other.
Ash P Reads
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yikes! Oskar is such a huge teddy bear. Such a romantic at heart. Having recently getting acquainted with Blake Security, Oskar and Matthais in the Royals Universe I was looking forward to this book. And I’m definitely going back to read all the other books related to Blake Security. My curiosity is piqued with that cliffhanger. What’s the truth behind Hailey’s birth and what the heck is her brother up to?

Advanced Review Copy provided for voluntary review consideration.
KFForever
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
kfforever

4.5 Stars ~ Reviewed by Emma-Louise on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

The heir apparent to one of the world’s largest perfume companies, Hailey is driven to prove to the world that she has what it takes. Having locked herself and her heart away since one amazing weekend in Vegas years earlier; she has no time for frivolous activities or time wasting. If only whoever is trying to kill her could get the memo, Hailey would be super happy.

‘All kinds of a man. He’d been the only marker I
Paulette
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful, mysterious, and sexy. These are just some of the adjectives I would use to describe the book Brazen. In my opinion, I think there’s a lot more hidden meaning to the title of this book than what we read now. Its a cliff hanger. I can’t wait for the second book to come out to figure out how this all plays out. I had my suspicions about who was providing all the drama. I think I’m right but one never knows for sure. That’s what intrigue and drama is all about. It’s meant to keep you gu ...more
Marnie
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oskar is hot, and Hailey is one cool customer!

I’m still reasonably new to books by Nana Malone, and I’ve enjoyed absolutely everything that I’ve read from her, but this is the first time I’ve read anything from Malone Squared, and even though I’ve come in way past the beginning of the series, it didn’t stop me appreciating the banter between these guys with a dark past, and their bad-ar$ed women. And I can tell you now, that I have already one-clicked and will be checking out the earlier books i
TheHauteBookworm
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful contemporary romance! Part one of a duet. Warning, this one ends on a cliff hanger. Can’t wait for part two!
An accomplished perfume heiress and business woman about to launch the fragrance creation of her lifetime. Everything she’s worked for is about to be showcased to the world. But, someone is working against her. Doing everything they can to stop her crowning achievement. Even if it means her death.
Blake Security is hired to provide Hailey protection and find the threat. Her new se
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
I loved reading the beginning of Hailey and Oskar's story. A possible second chance at love and forgiveness. Hired by Hailey's father to protect her. Oskar does this as he tries to find out who is trying to hurt her. While reading, I also enjoyed the supporting characters as well. I look forward to reading book 2. ~Dawn

"I love these Blake Security guys and thier stories and I so enjoyed watching Oskar go down the path of love. He has given so much grief to the other Blake Security guys over the
Nicole  Henderson
And now the moment we have all been waiting for...the truth behind the Viking of Blake Security, Oskar. This man has always managed to draw my attention in previous stories in the series and I absolutely could not wait to peek under his sheets and get a better look at this sexy Viking. He's the funny guy of the crew, always ready with a quip or bit of sarcasm to break up a tense moment. In walks a new client, Ms. Hailey Livingston. The heir to Livingston Perfumes with a golden nose. Someone is m ...more
Christine C
Hailey's family has a prestigious perfume company and she is the nose behind the brand. She has been working on a new scent tribute to her mother, and all the promotion and events that go around a new product launch. After a couple incidents, her father insists on hiring private security for her.

Oskar and his friends have a security company. All are former military and are good at their jobs. At the initial client meeting, Oskar is shocked to see that the client he is assigned to protect 24/7 is
NK
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**** Advanced Readers Copy provided by the Authors. NO SPOILERS****

The Malone's have done it again.
This was a fantastically written book. There was comedy that made you laugh out loud ( not good in public places lol), suspense, action, drama and supercharged sexual chemistry with off the walls sex that got you all hot and bothered.

Oskar and Hailey are both strong characters trying to prove themselves better as hiding their true selves behind a mask. But when they meet each other these barriers
Tara Peters
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. I wasn't able to put it down and read it in one day. Oskar and Hailey had one weekend together in Vegas and when she woke up the last morning, he was gone. Without saying goodbye she believed she did something wrong, so she moved on without him. Three years later, they meet again when she needs security. She fights it because she is stubborn and doesn't believe there is a real threat to her. When she learns that he works for the security company and will be her main guard ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I found The Malones when I read the Shameless series and was first introduce to the men of Blake security and with every new duet within this world they write, I fall more and more for them and the women that bring them to their knees! In Brazen, the first book in the new The Brazen Duet, we finally get Oskar’s story.

Oskar is strong, determined and though he is a player with a past he would rather forget, he is a good man, even if he does not always believe it in himself. He enjoys what he does
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 stars

Despite being super annoyed about a cliffy ending I didn't see coming (this story "ends" at 93% with a excerpt for a separate book taking up the last 7% of the book), I thoroughly enjoyed Brazen.

Viper Spaulding
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally, Oskar gets his HEA!

I've been in love with Oskar almost from the start. He's adorably arrogant, hilariously alpha, full of Viking swagger with a deep-seated need to be treasured for who he is, not what he does. Finding out that he's got his heart on the line with Hailey - and that it's been that way for years - was simply priceless. This is a beautiful story, one that I never would've guessed but it works perfectly for him.

Hailey wasn't exactly nursing a broken heart after her Vegas trip
Dimple
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Oskar is a ridiculously hot and super funny bodyguard with the task of protecting his most distracting client yet...his former flame, Hailey. After a magical weekend together years ago, he did the only thing he could to protect her - he left. He never expected to see her again but he can't escape the de
Cheri
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Viking finally meets his match. Oskar meets his new client. The one woman he has never been able to forget.

Hailey can't believe the bodyguard she didn't want is the one man she wished she could forget. She'd had a couple of close calls with muggings or were they attempted kidnapping? Whatever her father decided she needed a guard while she worked on her once-in-a-lifetime project meant to prove her worth.

So begins the reuniting of what began as a very steamy one-night-stand years ago. He kn
Andrea Thompson
This is the first of a duet, so if you don't like cliffhangers, wait a bit for the second half!
We get a fantastic partnership here with M. and Nana Malone at the helm. All the flavor we have come to expect from Nana's Blake Security series' is here, and that no-nonsense high-intensity (but also true love) romance is irresistible. There's something quite compelling about this universe.. It's expansive, the characters diverse and very realistic, and yet you know what you're going to get with you f
Marcia
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5!!!! HOLY SMOKES!! It is finally Oskar's turn!!! WOOHOO!!! I have been waiting for Oskar's story since I was first introduced to him in the very first book of the Blake Security series. Oskar Mueller, the woman-loving, crazy, funny, jokester of the group, aka The German, The Viking, The Big Guy, The guy who knocks all the woman over when he smiles!!

In Brazen, Oskar is assigned to protect Hailey, the heir apparent to her family's perfume empire, who also is intent on making everyone realize t
Cindy Fong
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these Blake Security guys and thier stories and I so enjoyed watching Oskar go down the path of love. He has given so much grief to the other Blake Security guys over the years that this story was epic.

One crazy one-weekend stand in Vegas and Hilary's world tilted on it's axis. Now three years later, she comes face to face with the man that rocked her world and walked away, Oskar. Low and behold, Oskar is now assigned to protect her and with their attraction at an all time high, things a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY Bestselling author M. Malone lives in the Washington, DC metro area with her three favorite guys, her husband and their two sons. She likes dramatic opera music, staid old men wearing suspenders, claw-foot bathtubs and unexpected surprises.

The thing she likes best is getting to make up stuff for a living.

-JOIN MY MAILING LIST HERE - http://www.mmalonebooks.com/newsle

Brazen Duet (2 books)
  • Still Brazen (Brazen Duet)