Start by marking “Prometo não Te Seduzir (Girl Meets Duke, #2)” as Want to Read:
Prometo não Te Seduzir (Girl Meets Duke, #2)

Prometo não Te Seduzir

(Girl Meets Duke #2)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  8,928 ratings  ·  1,448 reviews
A autora romântica bestseller que conquistou as leitoras portuguesas

«Uma história repleta de sensualidade, com personagens habilmente construídas e diálogos espirituosos.» - Library Journal

Ele tem sido um grande libertino…

Depois de perder o seu sustento, Alexandra Mountbatten assume um cargo impossível: transformar duas órfãs rebeldes em damas autênticas. No entanto, não é
Published February 4th 2019 by TOPSELLER (first published August 28th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Prometo não Te Seduzir, please sign up.
JenniK I don't think we're going to get his book. I love when authors create great side characters. I hate when authors tempt you with great side characters…moreI don't think we're going to get his book. I love when authors create great side characters. I hate when authors tempt you with great side characters but don't let you really get to know them.(less)

·  8,928 ratings  ·  1,448 reviews

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
You are the worst example of false advertising. I was led to believe I was hiring a prim scold. Then I learn you’re remarkable and bold and interesting.”

ALL OF THE STARS!!!
All.
Of.
Them.

I absolutely LOVED The Duchess Deal, but I was so unprepared for just how phenomenal this book would be. I kept thinking nothing can top the first book for me, but this one managed to blow it right out of the water! The banter, the romance, the characters, I adored absolutely everything about it. This just may
Anne
Ehhhhhh.

description

I love Tessa Dare. Love her books! I stalked this one for a while and was really looking forward to it, but... I don't know. It was a bit weak somehow, especially towards the end.
Now, Tessa Dare is like Lisa Kleypas when it comes to romance novels, in my opinion.
And what I mean by that is that even one of her lesser works is still pretty darn satisfying.
Because...talent.

description

Anyway, this is a cute story about a girl who set clocks (Clocksetterperson?) who ends up governess to 2 loveable odd
Geri Reads

Tessa Dare writes my kind of romance. Her latest book proved that once again. The Governess Game is filled with relatable characters, playful banter, and a swoon-worthy romance.
"First he was merely the Bookshop Rake, but as the weeks wore on, he made a rapid ascent up the rungs of the peerage. Sir Read. Lord Literature. The Duke of Hatchard's."

When Alex Mountbatten ran (literally) into Chase Reynaud at Hatchard's book shop, she had no idea that in a few months time she would be working as
Warda
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn’t expecting anything other than pure enjoyment and to be swept away by this story and that’s exactly what I got.
I can’t help but helplessly fall in love with the stories Tessa Dare writes. Granted, the characters are interchangeable and they more or less follow the same plot line making it feel slightly regurgitated, but I am hooked on it every single time. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I’d happily read them all over again. These books are my happy place.

All you need to know ab
Hollis
Five stars for every single one of Millicent's funerals.

"Can you tell me about their interests, or their schooling? Anything at all?"
"They've had little proper schooling, but are somehow far too clever despite it. Their interests are mischief, disease, petty thievery, and plotting crimes against the house staff."

As for the rest of this story.. meh?

Embroidery wasn't her favourite hobby, but Alex planned to stitch those words on a sampler and hang it over her bed : Seducing you would never even c
Lisa
Tessa Dare's latest is one of my anticipated titles this year and it didn't disappoint!

Um...............except for the tiny part of me that expected more kinkiness ever since I read the blurb line. "He’s been a bad, bad rake—and it takes a governess to teach him a lesson"??? I mean, c'mon! There was a scene where Alexandra played pirates with her charges and then the kids tied her and Chase up and ran off, and there might be an inner monologue from one of them about tying the other up in bed AND
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Hello my name is Chelsea and I am trash for Tessa dare 😅 this was SO MUCH FUN. I didn’t love it quite as much as the first book, but it was still a super solid read and I ADORED the parts that featured the characters from the previous book. My heart!
Aisling Zena

Review now posted 5/9/18

What an utterly delightful and effortless read! I completely adored the first book and when I saw that there was a second one and it was available to request on NetGalley I rushed to do so. Nearly broke some fingers in haste. And I was right to want it so badly. It always thrills me when I find good books and even more so when my expectations and hopes for them become reality. And for a person that hardly ever highlights, I feel like I highlighted half the book
Princess under cover
It's been a dry spell in term of gobbling up books, so perhaps my expectations have become too high in the meantime, but... whatever the reason, this was not a great book for me. It helped to pass some time before bed, but I certainly didn't want to finish it in one sitting - it took several sittings and a lot of skipping to finish it. Here's why:

It started out well. I was so pleased with the Prologue. I was ready to hunker down into a witty, humorous story with extremely likable characters.

The
Holly
The best part of this book was honestly all the ways Millicent died and was eulogized. You'll understand once you read this haha. This had some of Tessa Dare's humor, which I enjoyed, but I've never been a fan of the 'I can't date/marry because of (*stupid*) reasons' trope, which this book unfortunately has. Maybe it's just been a while, but I don't really remember the other two quirky female friends from the first book? However I do look forward to them, especially the crazy animal lover one wi ...more
Choko
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Completely charming and very enjoyable! The characters were likable and the story was fast and easy to read. Perfect for a restful weekend 😊. The kids and the very troubled hepples doll steal the show from beginning to end 🤗!
Bookphenomena (Micky)

This is a delightfully fun story, extremely light-hearted but perhaps missing a bit of seriousness and depth for me. I adored The Duchess Deal and THE GOVERNESS GAME connects well with some of the characters from that story, providing connection but also allowing it to be read as a standalone.

Alexandra (Alex) is a very unassuming heroine, I liked her but I didn’t love her. She finds herself governess for Chase’s (heir apparent to a Dukedom) two female wards. Chase reminded me a little o
Ginger
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
The Governess Game only gets 3 stars from me. I wish I could have liked Chase Reynaud more as a character.

The two little girls that Chase was put in charge of were wonderful! Rosamund and Daisy made this book for me. I loved those girls!! The funerals for the doll, Millicent really made me laugh.

I really liked Alex Mountbatten as well. I loved her grit, intelligence, practical nature and her love of astronomy!

The problem with The Governess Game has to do with Chase. I wish I could have liked him
Melanie A.
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
3.5 STARS
"No one is a lost cause."
I don't know what to say here . . . maybe this:

I really wish I could round up because there were a few moments that gave me the warm fuzzies.

But I just can't do it.

Yes, there were a few warm fuzzies going on, but the characters and the plot were just too superficial for me. Except for Millicent and her many maladies, everything felt like it was being presented in black and white instead of Tessa Dare's usual technicolor.

But I guess it's true what they sa
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
So good!

I loved Alex and Chase together. They get along so well! Also loved Daisy and Rosamund. They made me laugh with their antics.

I had a great time reading this book. This series is pure gold!
Bubu
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, read-2018, hr
3.5 stars, and read this review with a pinch of salt

I’ll admit that the The Governess Game is the only romance I’ve read in the past few months, besides the one or two other re-reads. But hey, this is Tessa Dare…my go-to feel-good author. So, I decided to pick up a newly released romance book.

If one expects a historically accurate in terms of social norms, time appropriate romance, The Governess Game is the one to avoid. But that’s not really shocking news when it comes to Tessa Dare. And befor
Desi
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really need to stop looking forward to book releases. This was… ok. I admittedly did laugh an above average amount so the humour is still there. But the dialogue was in no way up to par, in intelligence or snark.

Honestly, this was an odd plot from start to finish. I can’t quite put my finger on what historical setting it was meant to be (I think it claimed 1817) but it definitely was not set in any previously existing earth era.

The hero spoke very oddly, included a large number of modernisms
Nicola
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Tessa Dare has rapidly become my go to when I fancy a historical romance and The Governess Game hits all the high notes.

description It’s not every day a man collides with a woman who prefers sky smudges to fairy stories.”

We met Alexandra and Chase in The Duchess Deal and, although several months have passed, Alex hasn’t forgotten the man she and her friends have christened the Bookish Rake. Lucky for her, and very much us, their paths are to cross again.

description London is rife with women who’ll happily submit t
chan ☆
A man rose to his feet for a lady, his queen, or a divine being, and she was at least one of those- if not all three

swoon, muthafuggin SWOON! what a fantastic way to kick off smutathon. i fell too hard for this book.

so what had happened was, chase is a duke and he begrudgingly cares for 2 orphans who are probably in some way related to him. 10 and 7 year old girls. after a series of strange circumstances, clock winder and aspiring astronomer alex becomes the girls' governess.

both chase and the g
Claire Robinson
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-b, shit-hot-series
5 - "So long as you're with me..." Stars!

Having discovered the awesomeness that is Tessa Dare, with the first book in the Girl Meets Duke series; The Duchess Deal and absolutely adoring it, I was eager to get started on The Governess Game, and once again the author did not disappoint.

"I don’t care if you’re gently bred, roughly bred, or a loaf of brown bread with butter… You’re educated, you understand propriety, and… you’re breathing."

We met Duke-in-waiting Chase Renaud briefly in book one, as
Pamela
This was one of those books that renewed my love for this genre. It's superbly written with some of the most witty dialogue and beautifully crafted yet breezy, easily readable prose you'll come across. It takes tropes that normally make me cringe - the party boy "rake", the employer/governess relationship and its inherent imbalance of power, precocious kids - and somehow makes me love the book not just despite those things but even BECAUSE of them because Tessa Dare's characterizations and handl ...more
Paige
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-needed
4 “In the Stars” Stars

Full review to come.

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book. A is for Alpha B is for Books.
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a fun read! I think any book would've had a hard time following the first book in the series, The Duchess Deal, because it was just that good! I still enjoyed these two's dialogue and banter, and I really enjoyed the children side characters and their quirks. I think I was just feeling a little disappointed by the end though. While I understood the H's hang-ups, it became a little frustrating when he kept on going back to them. I also wanted so much more in the
Robin (Bridge Four)
There are some audiobooks that I wonder if the narrator saves it for me. I say this because the hero Chase is a scandalous Rake and I wonder if I read this I would have found him unredeemable. But the narrator made him come to life and I had so much fun listening to some of the utterly charming things he said wondering if I was reading it if I would have found it charming at all.

Alexandre and Chase literally bumped into each other in a bookshop. Since then she has had some fantasies galore about
Mei
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
After You Only Love Twice, this is just what I needed!

It's a light, funny romance! Do not start reading it expecting something meaningful - you'll not find it here!

The story is simple: a low-born girl and a future duke fall in love. But it's the funny parts that made it worthwhile!

I loved Alex (and her friends too!)! She's level-headed and self-conscious. But when the means to maintain herself are lost, she just knows that a change of profession is inevitable. That it is placed in the most famo
Jaime Arkin
This might just be my very favorite Tessa Dare book to date.

If you are new to historical romance, start here and you’ll definitely understand why so many people adore Tessa Dare!

You will absolutely find yourself cheering for Alexandra from the start. She’s smart and bookish and she loves astronomy and despite a rough childhood, she’s determined to make something of herself. With all her job prospects gone, she accepts the position of Governess to the infamous rake, Chase Reynaud’s mischievous
♥Rachel♥
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
4.5 Stars

Alexandra Mountbatten can’t get the Bookshop Rake out of her mind after he plowed into her knocking a mountain of books out of her hands and shining his devilish grin at her. Six months later Alex runs into him again when she’s out servicing clocks. She hasn’t set out to become a governess but a mix up throws her into the position looking after Chase’s two orphaned wards.

Chase is a rake, seducing women left and right, trying to forget his deficiencies, and the fact he feels unworthy of
Emma
This was enjoyable but not as good as the first in series. I wasn’t persuaded by the low self esteem and self loathing of Chase. I also felt the two characters fell in together too easily. That said, the story was a charming one. I particularly enjoyed Millicent’s funerals and thought Alex and Chase made a good couple.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

I may have just begun reading historical romance, but I've already found myself an auto-buy author! This is another winner in what has become my Tessa Dare obsession.

She gives me heroines to root for, and Alexandra Mountbatten is no exception! And Chase's adorably endearing frustration with her was hilarious!

"You are the worst example of false advertising. I was led to believe I was hiring a prim scold. Then I learn you're remarkable and bold and interesting."

And Chase. Oh Chase
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Bookshop Rake' Stars!

I think everyone that loved The Duchess Deal has been waiting very much impatiently for this book. Since I freaking adored the first installment in this series, it becoming one of my all-time favorite’s historical romances, I had crazy high expectations for book number two. Especially since I had the weirdly adorable first meeting between this couple fresh in my mind. Was The Governess Game what I hoped it would be? Oh yes!

So, this novel is the second installment in Te

• For the Duke's Eyes Only (School for Dukes, #2)
  • Her Every Wish (The Worth Saga #1.5)
  • A Duke in the Night (The Devils of Dover #1)
  • It's Hard Out Here for a Duke (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #4)
  • Duke of Pleasure (Maiden Lane, #11)
  • When a Duke Loves a Woman (Sins for All Seasons, #2)
  • Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1)
  • Born to Be Wilde (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #3)
  • A Duke in Shining Armor (Difficult Dukes, #1)
  • This Earl is on Fire (Season's Original #2)
  • Unmasked by the Marquess (Regency Imposters, #1)
  • Marry in Scandal (Marriage of Convenience, #2)
  • Forever Your Earl (The Wicked Quills of London, #1)
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen

Girl Meets Duke (4 books)
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • The Bride Bet (Girl Meets Duke, #4)
“You don't need to pity me. I'm here. And I'm alive. So there's your answer, Chase. When am I giving up? I'm not. I did not give up on myself then. I am not giving up on you now." She smoothed her apron. "Now I'm going to tidy myself up, take the girls for ices, eat two of them myself, and not bring you any. When we return, I'll send Rosamund and Daisy in to visit you, and you will behave. Treat me as you like. But you will not belittle those girls for loving you. I won't allow it. And do not ever waste your breath again with more of that 'lost cause' nonsense. Consider yourself found.” 5 likes
“I don’t care if you’re gently bred, roughly bred, or a loaf of brown bread with butter. You’re educated, you understand propriety, and you’re . . . breathing.” 5 likes