Start by marking “Ravished” as Want to Read:

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  736 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
All her life, flame-haired Alexandra Sheffield has been expected to marry the wealthy Lord Christopher Hatton --- a man whose title and inheritance make Alex the envy of all London. But desperate for a life filled with adventure and passion, she is in no hurry to marry the spoiled aristocrat. Instead, she is consumed with longing for another man --- Lord Hatton's devastati ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 409 pages
Published November 5th 2002 by Signet (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Ravished, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ravished

jenjn79
Mar 27, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to jenjn79 by: random buy
I tried to read this book. Really tried, but I just can't finish it. It's so utterly ridiculous.

It's set in the early 1800's (1813-1814) and the heroine, Alex, is 17 years old...yet she runs around doing whatever she pleases with no consequences. She wonders London on her own, not getting into trouble, goes off with men all by herself and there's no fallout. She swears like a modern day woman. She dresses up like a man and sneaks in places. She sneaks looks at naked me, tries to seduce the hero
Plum-crazy
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I thought at first it might irritate me as I could feel my blood boiling over the way Kit treated his twin Nick & the injustices Nick suffered but surprisingly I found I quite enjoyed it.

One criticism I must make is about Nick, I felt he seemed so much older than his 21 years, if his age hadn't been mentioned, then by his actions & manners, I would have put him around 30.
But that didn't make any difference to my enjoyment of the story... a romantic romp all the way with a feisty young h
Elis Madison
Mar 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: martyr-complex
Alexandra Sheffield has known identical twin brothers Christopher and Nicholas Hatton all her life. Indeed, her grandmother and their father have had an understanding that she and Kit (the heir) will one day marry. Alex likes them both, but it’s Nick who makes her pulse race.

Kit, as it happens, lives by one single rule:

Not that this is his fault—he’s never had to face the consequences of his actions, since Nick is the one who always takes the blame. So when he “accidentally” kills their nasty
Grace Elliot
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ravished is a story of deception and switched identities. The prologue starts with the death in childbirth, of the mother of Kit and Nicholas. This leads to their father lavishing affection on the eldest born twin, Kit, whilst holding the younger responsible for his beloved wife's death.
However Nick is the stronger of the two, and grows up shouldering the blame for his elder brother's mischief, in the knowledge that Kit is too weak to cope.
As adults, enter the heroine - who was betrothed as a c
Amarilli Settantatre
da www.sognipensieriparole.com

Pur essendo un romance d’annata, questo “Ravished” si legge sempre con piacere.
Sarà perché io amo particolarmente gli intrecci con complotti e scambi di persona, ma qui gli ingredienti sono comunque ben dosati: da un lato, due gemelli identici, capelli scuri, mascella volitiva e carattere impetuoso, Kit e Nick, il Danno e il Rischio, uno destinato a divenire Lord Hatton e l’altro (il figlio nato per secondo e maledetto) costretto a doversi arrangiare da solo; dall’
Michelle
Virgina Henley
Historical Romance
397 pages
copy right: 2002
isbn: 0-451-20737-8

All her life, Alexandra Sheffield has longed for passion and adventure—anything but marriage to the wealthy Lord Christopher Hatton. Instead, her body is weak with desire for another man—Lord Hatton's devastatingly dangerous twin brother, Nicholas.

All his life, Nick Hatton has had his pick of beautiful women, but he's never risked his heart—until his brother plans to refill his pockets by marrying the spirited yo
Lea
The book is written in a typical Virginia Henley style: lots of details, developed background, very young heroine, irresponsible relatives and it lasts at least one year.
However, two, yet important, circumstances made me rate this book so poorly. The book has 400 pages, but the first 200 pages are more or less the introduction, only then the story becomes more fast-paced. So if you lack patience, this book is not for you.
The second drawback is the characterization of the ton norms in Regency era
Mayu
Este es el único libro para adultos que he intentado leer de una autora clásica como es Virginia. No me gustó nada como escribía y no pude encontrarle sentido a la historia, así que no dudé en abandonar la novela. Aquí volvemos a encontrarnos con una sinopsis engañosa. ¿De donde se sacan que esta es una novela romantica? No existe tal historia de amor. A no ser que el amor se cueza lentamente a base de distancia y prostitutas. No hay escenas de los 'protagonistas' juntos y nunca existió tal amor ...more
Manuela
Mar 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cvl, storico
Una mezza delusione, ma non tutto è da buttare. I protagonisti sono entrambe ben disegnati e, tutto sommato, riusciti: lui sexy quanto basta, lei simpatica, e poi come coppia fanno sicuramente scintille. E' la struttura che lascia a desiderare. Passaggi importanti troppo affrettati e poco approfonditi per larghi tratti, e poi viene utilizzato il solito, inflazionatissimo, espediente dei continui scambi di persona tra gemelli, che rende tutto un po' scontato e già visto, ed addirittura diventa l' ...more
Anya Zub
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I love Henley - I think she does a good job with this although it's not my preferred point in history for her style and the abundance of dream sequences was too much.
Alex
Mar 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015-books
The most confusing book I've ever read. This was a hot mess

Alex's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
May 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I had some serious issues with the writing style. There are some words in particular which should NEVER be used in a ROMANCE novel, and the author used a couple of them freely. I often judge romances by how often I have to close the book and roll my eyes for a second before I continue reading, and that happened so many times in with this one, I can't count. So, overall, it was OK.
Jillian
May 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It is not often that I read historical romance books but this is one that I have read at least four times. Ms. Henley's characters are so fleshed out that you feel as if you know them. The good / cowardly twin dynamic is intriguing. The love scenes are breathtaking and you will end up indignant at Kit by the end.
Courtney
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A confusing plot featuring twin brothers who each pretend to be the other when it suits them. I found it hard to believe that the heroine and her brother, who were neighbors and close friends of the twins, failed to recognize them correctly on multiple occasions. Virginia Henley missed the mark with this novel.
Liz
Jul 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Eliza Lloyd
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes hot historicals
One of my favorite Henley novels. Love 'twin' stories. The herione was naughty and willing to try anything once. I've got to reread this again. Very sexy. Loved some of the heroines disguies.
Linda
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novel by Virginia Henly. From beginning to end . I was adventurous and fun
Pam
Jun 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book had me on the edge of my seat.....very good!
Kashii
Jul 30, 2013 rated it liked it
idk but this story kinda dragged on after a while ... but I did enjoy it
Katie Kuykendall
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
LOVE LOVE LOVE! I expected the ending to be a bit surprising but what I got kept me glued to the pages until the wee hours of the morning!
Nate
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really good...pulled me right into the book.
Flitterkit
Feb 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Enjoyed this quite a bit. A small cut above the others I have been reading recently.
Dianne Salzwedel
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Twin Lords - promised one vs. bad one
Dawn Wells
Apr 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
What is romantic about this book? I must have missed it in the dream. Do all of her books have dreams? Seems I recall the same in another book. Well, it's not working.
Jamie
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Alex and Nick are sexy couple and I adored this book. You love the story, you love the brother, and it's happily ever after!!!
Adeline Jenkins
Jan 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This was more than ravishing...her writing from 2000 + started really steaming up.
Wendy Lehr
Jacqueline Steer
Nov 13, 2015
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • Beloved
  • Gypsy Lord (Garrick, #1)
  • Brazen (Braddock-Black, #4)
  • Sun God
  • Lady Killer/Secret Admirer
  • The Sword & the Sheath (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #5)
  • Tiger's Eye
Virginia Syddall was born on December 5, 1935 in England, where her father, Thomas Syddall, taught her to love history. She obtained a degree in History in the University. In 1956, Virginia married Arthur Henley. They moved to America, and now they live most of the year in St. Petersburg, Florida, and they spend the hot summers in Ontario, Canada, where they have their two adult children and three ...more
More about Virginia Henley...