Start by marking “Fractured (Will Trent, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fractured (Will Trent, #2)

Fractured

(Will Trent #2)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  40,488 ratings  ·  1,915 reviews
With its gracious homes and tree-lined streets, Ansley Park is one of Atlanta’s most desirable neighborhoods. But in one gleaming mansion, in a teenager’s lavish bedroom, a girl has been savagely murdered. And in the hallway, her horrified mother stands amid shattered glass, having killed her daughter’s attacker with her bare hands.

Detective Will Trent of the Georgia
Audio CD
Published July 29th 2008 by Brilliance Audio

·  40,488 ratings  ·  1,915 reviews

Start your review of Fractured (Will Trent, #2)
PirateSteve
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Start a book, call it Fractured
Murder, mayhem, someone's captured
Pressure builds, Trashcan battered
2 of series, questions answered
Writing, plot, clearly mastered
Valued reading, Karin Slaughtered
*TANYA*
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will Trent!!! I LOVE THIS GUY!!! My heart goes out to him, I want to hug him, comfort him, heck I want to adopt him!!! Oh yeah, and the book was very good as well. I'm hooked on Will and this series!!
♥Sharon♥
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I really need to write my reviews before starting my next book. I get distracted and I forget to come back. At the moment I am distracted with book #3 in this series and I love it so far!!

Fractured was another fantastic read. I found the plot to be just as engaging as I did in book #1 and the characters continue to intrigue me. Karin Slaughter writes her characters in such a way that she gives you slivers of their personalities, bits and pieces of their pasts and how each character connects to
Beverly
A wonderful, fast-paced follow-up to Triptych. Will Trent for president!

Another too notch thriller by Karen Slaughter, Fractured is the second in the Will Trent series and a reread for me. I wanted to go back and read all the Grant County series and then do the Will Trent series in order, because I read that Will and Sara Linton meet and with together in the third book. So, I read 8 books to get to Undone, which I'm starting tonight.Yay!
Mo
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite
Another good read. Will is an enigma. Not sure what to make of him. He is dyslexic, socially inept, awkward, lives with a chihuahua and lives with Angie ... do not like her. But they have a history ... we shall see what the next story brings.

“Talk about sloppy seconds.
Was there such a thing as sloppy thousandths?”

Teenagers, sex, murder, the heat of Atlanta ... good storyline.

In the book she is blonde but it is MY review.

We are introduced to Faith Mitchell, a Detective with the Georgia Police
Julie
Fractured by Karin Slaughter is a 2008 publication.

This second book in the Will Trent series, is a complicated case involving the death of an unpopular girl, and the kidnapping of her affluent friend, Emma.

Will finds himself feeling a little off his game when it comes to light that he and Emma’s father have a shared history and Will must work on this case with a partner, Faith Williams, a woman who holds a grudge against him.

This crime story is complicated, sordid, and pretty lurid. The
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Book 1 : Triptych
Book 3 : Genesis/Undone

3.5 stars. Fractured is the scene of an investigation more classic than Triptych, and I enjoyed this second book slightly less than the first one. However, it remains a very well-written and compelling read still, and I love how Karin Slaughter slowly adds layers to her characters, first of all Will Trent. There's just something so endearing and special in him that contrasts with all the investigators I read about in the past, whether it is his struggle
Carolyn
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After Detective Will Trent from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation walks into a crime scene in a wealthy Atlanta home with two teenagers dead and one missing, it was always going to be a complicated case to solve. Especially since he has to work with a detective from the Atlanta PD who still hate him for catching some of their cops taking bribes to cover up drug dealing. Will has his own problems with his dyslexia and neglected childhood that make him socially awkward, but this all makes for a ...more
Jonetta
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Quick summary
Abigail Campano comes home and interrupts what appears to be an intruder who's apparently murdered her daughter. What transpires next is shocking and extraordinary. The Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) and Agent Will Trent are ultimately called in when the case extends beyond the reach of the Atlanta Police Department (APD). He's paired with APD Detective Faith Mitchell to coordinate the efforts of the two law enforcement groups and for the
Susanne  Strong
3.5 Stars

Will Trent is intriguing, highly intelligent, soft spoken and a tad vulnerable. He’s fair haired, trim and wears suits to work as a member of Atlanta’s Georgia Bureau of Investigations. In case it’s not obvious, he basically sticks out like a sore thumb.

Now he is called in to investigate a crime that happens in an upscale community where a teenage girl was murdered and her assailant was murdered by the teenager’s mother when she happened upon the crime. It seems cut and dry yet Will
♥Rachel♥
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm rooting for Will to gain some confidence, and recognize he has some special talents. I hope he stops viewing himself as less because he's dyslexic. I can't help but love him.

Even though Amanda (his boss) can be ruthless, I like her. I know she snatched Will up because she knew it would benefit the GBI, but I think she is looking out for him, too. Partnering him up with Faith was a smart move, and I think it'll help Will in many ways. (view spoiler)
Debra
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in the Will Trent series. In this one, Will Trent is called in to investigate the murder of a teenager girl. Upon finding her daughter dead, her Mother attacks who she believes to be her daughter's killer. It is also discovered that the missing girls father, knew Trent growing up.

Not everything is as it seems and we learn that one girl is dead while another is missing. Will and his new partner, Faith are working against the clock to find the missing teen.

I liked the character
Karen
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

Just getting started in this series and already I find myself getting sucked in fast! Will Trent is such and intriguing man He is a broken man. An awkward, eccentric personality. Yet he's also decent and kind. He is dysfunctional. He is brilliant. He is sexy as fuck, but in a shy and guarded sort of way. But more than anything... he is lonely. And yet he avoids close connections, they bring on too many questions. He has dreams, just like everyone else. But he buries them so deep that
Stephanie Nicholas
This was the second in the Will Trent mystery series by Karin Slaughter. I am hard pressed to find anything to complain about because, as I've said before, she's just such a fine writer.

The story this time focused much more around family than the others I have read, and in a few places I seriously cried. It had a major creative twist at the beginning that I never could have seen coming. Taughtly written with precision and grace, Fractured was a slam dunk.
Rick
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I've given "Fractured" 5 stars. NOT because it's the best book I've ever read, or because it's 'deep and meaningful literature.'
I gave it five stars because it grabbed me, and kept me inside reading all weekend. And isn't THAT what a good mystery should do? There wasn't ever a good place to stop!

But there's many more positive things about "Fractured" that should be said:
The main character is Will Trent, a member of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. He's complex, has a deep and troubled
Jaime
Apr 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, mystery, series
I really loved Triptych when I read it, but it took me some time to warm up to Fractured. Will Trent is a very unconventional main character — after all, he’s a GBI investigator that can’t read. He’s awkward, socially inept, and at times, easily flustered. I tend to waffle back and forth in my belief of the scenario but by the time I get to the end, I have to admit that I feel for him. Slaughter takes his illiteracy and really makes it matter, as his dyslexia leads to him discovering some key ...more
Hollis
FRACTURED had an ending that really satisfied but I'll admit I wasn't particularly enamoured by this mystery or the characters we interacted with along the way. I have a love/hate relationship with Will's differences at this point; the struggles he faces and his coping mechanisms and the errors that slip through the cracks during the investigations are both interesting and frustrating but I'm hoping his new partner will balance that out. It's not yet a deal breaker for me. As for his personal ...more
Andrea
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from Karin slaughter,she's one of my favourite authors.Looking forward to her next book got a few to read.this is a kidnapping story and murder great writing love will Trent fantastic character.liked this one.
Amanda
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
So I read Fractured by Karin Slaughter in a day. You know those times when you get some popcorn and watch a scary movie alone at night and you are just stuffing the popcorn in your face, not blinking at the TV screen. Yeah, that is how I am when I read any Karin Slaughter book. This time, instead of popcorn it is a red velvet bundt cake.

This is the second book in the Will Trent Series. In true Karin Slaughter fashion, it starts off with the brutal murder of a teen girl. Will Trent and his boss
Hafsa Sabira
Because I haven't read the first book,probably that's why it was a bit hard for me to understand the relationship between the characters and their background. But still...

The story revolves around a murder and an abduction. 2 best friends,looking so similar that even the mother becomes confused -_- . Everyone thinks the victim is Emma Campano,the daughter of an unbelievably rich couple. Only the father is able to recognize that it is indeed NOT his daughter,but her best friend. So weird. How
JudiAnne
This second book is a continuation of the Will Trent Series. This time Will, of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, meets his new partner Faith and together they set out to investigate the missing girl who's best friend is dead. I love the way Karen Slaughter creates flawed but lovable three dimensional characters who take you along with them with every exciting step.

Will's dyslexia comes to light and little by little the author explains some of the mysteries this of this language-based
Vaso
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book!! That's all I will say! I totally enjoyed this one!,
✨Susan✨
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in the Will Trent series and in this installment Will is directed to work with Faith, his future partner, for the first time. They are assigned to a murder, kidnapping case where Will has a tumultuous personal history with one of the victims Fathers, which he chooses to keep to himself. A good thriller that has everyone stumped in the beginning with virtually no leads. Will and Faith are forced to come together and start building some bonds quickly in order to save one of the ...more
Sonja Arlow
Karin Slaughter books are always a sure thing.

For me the goal of this book was less about solving the crime and more about getting to know Will better. Will has a new partner who has every reason to exploit his weaknesses. In an effort to hide his dyslexia he inevitably makes mistakes that may jeopardise the whole investigation.

And the clock is ticking….

An affluent young teenager has been abducted, leaving in her wake a dead best friend and unknown young man. The crime scene gets compromised
Alan Cotterell
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Easy 5 stars

This is the second time I have read this and like the first time an excellent story, well written, great characters, more revealed about the backgrounds with each book.
Not sure how long ago I had read it before, but fortunately enough to forget what had happened, until I read that part again.
Diana
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another solid book from Karin Slaughter.
Esther
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Yes! I'm totally into another series by Karin Slaughter. She left me devastated at the end of the Grant County series, but I forgave Karin and now I'm hooked, AGAIN! Will Trent is so mysterious and I can't wait to read more books about him. A great book full of action and suspense.

A longer review can be found at Bite Into Books

Miss Karin Queen of Crime Slaughter does it again. She has me hooked in yet another of her series and this will be very bad for my wallet indeed. The third book in this
Nadine
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fractured is the second book in the Will Trent series. The previous novel, Triptych, introduced readers to Will Trent, an agent working for the GBI with a broken past and scars to prove it. Fractured, now, introduces readers to Faith Mitchell as Will teams up with her to solve a murder after the victim’s mother killed the attacker.

Fractured is much better than its predecessor in that it is faster paced and the writing of the mystery itself is tight. What makes Fractured faster paced is that it
Kate
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I definitely enjoyed this more than the first one in the "Will Trent" series. I think the problem I am having with these is that I just am not enjoying them as much as I enjoyed Grant County (rumor has it Sara Linton makes her return in the third book though so maybe my feelings will change). I was completely consumed with Grant County and could not put them down and I just am not having the same connection with this series. That being said, Karin Slaughter's writing has nothing to do with ...more
Björn Lindström
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: will-trent
Just finished this book, couldn't stop reading it.
Will Trent is the kind of guy that is silent and does not share much, and for each book, you read you know more of his history and you understand why.
Karin, the author, really got me in this book. Introducing a new main character to the story was good, and I was glad that less of the focus was on Angie, Will's wife. She is that kind of person I would never surround myself with in real life.

This book starts out strong and gives you a confusing
clarification anyone? 2 80 Sep 17, 2015 08:19PM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Page number is wrong 5 28 May 21, 2014 01:46PM
Thousand Oaks Rea...: "Fractured" by Karin SLaughter 2 22 Dec 12, 2012 03:40PM

• Lips of a Mastodon
  • Say Goodbye (Quincy & Rainie, #6)
  • Heartsick (Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell, #1)
  • Live to Tell (Detective D.D. Warren, #4)
  • The Family Upstairs
  • Alone (Detective D.D. Warren, #1)
  • The Night Fire (Harry Bosch #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
  • The Turn of the Key
  • Hide (Detective D.D. Warren, #2)
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)
  • The Whisper Man
  • Lock Every Door
  • The Neighbor (Detective D.D. Warren, #3)
  • Love You More (Tessa Leoni, #1; Detective D.D. Warren, #5)
  • Someone We Know
  • Never Tell (Detective D.D. Warren #10)
Karin Slaughter is one of the world’s most popular and acclaimed storytellers. Published in 120 countries with more than 35 million copies sold across the globe, her nineteen novels include the Grant County and Will Trent books, as well as the Edgar-nominated COP TOWN and the instant NEW YORK TIMES bestselling novels PRETTY GIRLS, THE GOOD DAUGHTER, and PIECES OF HER. Her most recent book, THE ...more

Will Trent (10 books)
  • Triptych (Will Trent, #1)
  • Undone (Will Trent, #3)
  • Broken (Will Trent, #4)
  • Fallen (Will Trent, #5)
  • Criminal (Will Trent, #6)
  • Unseen (Will Trent, #7)
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8)
  • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
  • The Silent Wife (Will Trent, #10)
“Everyone had a reason for everything they did, even if that reason was sometimes stupidity.” 28 likes
“You can only make decisions with the information you have at the time” 15 likes