Start by marking “A Dream Within a Dream” as Want to Read:
A Dream Within a Dream

A Dream Within a Dream

(Dreamworld Duology #2)

Invisible to the man she loves, Reeve Lennox fights to reclaim him from a dark world.

Published March 26th 2019 by Uncommon Universes Press

To ask other readers questions about A Dream Within a Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dream Within a Dream

Start your review of A Dream Within a Dream
Nicki Chapelway
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm just going to start off by making googly eyes at that cover.

This book broke me. Not because of anything too offensively horrible to the characters. But the romance broke me. Not because it was an absolutely awful romance, or a tragic one. But because it had two romances, each equally good. And it was a love triangle. And my shipper mind didn't know what to do.

I think I'm team Bran???? I mean, he is really sweet and loyal. I still shook my head at many things he did, but he's still lovable ev
Sarah White
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-in-2019
A beautiful, lyrical, deeply satisfying conclusion to the Dreamworld Duology! Reeve grew so much as a character, and I loved seeing her come into her own. I can't recommend this duology highly enough!

Also, Team Arden forever. That is all. ;-)
Laura Grace
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh My. This book was SO good!!

It had everything I wanted and then some. I didn't expect for my views to change of Arden, but they did. And I am so happy that they did! He is such a phenomenal character and has sooooo many layers that he is not just the smooth dragon we were introduced to in the beginning.

Bran. Be still my heart. He already captured my heart in All That We See or Seem, but he *stole* it in the first chapter of this story. He is such a fantastic hero and absolutely adore him to p
R.F. Gammon
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
*chokes in love triangle*

ARDEN IS MY BOI AND HE DESERVED SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS. Oh my word. I don't buy for one instant any of his little "oh it was just dusting myself off" comments. LIES. HE WAS HEAD OVER HEELS AND YOU CANNOT TELL ME OTHERWISE.

Other than the infuriatingness of the love triangle and Bran as a character (uggghhhh) and also the fact that there was a shocking amount of language, I loved this book. It was fast-paced and smooth enough to pull me in and keep me there, and the way
Jes Drew
This book was a fantastic sequel and conclusion to a fantastic fantasy duology! Everything kept escalating, and I was at the edge of my seat even as Reeve made her choice which guy she wanted to spend the rest of her life with (whether the better choice or not, I can't say- but at least she wasn't wishy-washy). I really loved the world in this story, and its magic rules.

Note that there was a considerable amount of language in this one, but it was otherwise fairly clean.

I received a copy of this
J.M. Hackman
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, I must say nobody should endure a many-month wait when it comes to a cliffhanger like the one in All That We See Or Seem. Nobody.
Ahem. Now that I’ve got that off my chest, I can gush about A Dream Within A Dream. I finished it in one day (and I only had to stay up until 1:30 AM to do it. Because I wasn’t going to bed with it unfinished. Just. Wasn’t. ) ADWAD was just as lyrical, romantic, and evocative as its predecessor. My heart broke all through the book until I got to the end. I wan
Tess
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Heather Hayden
Warning: I'm not a romance reader usually, so this review should be considered in that light.

I read All That We See or Seem last year and ended up not reviewing it because the ending felt too much like a cliffhanger to me, something I'm personally not fond of in series. However, because this was a duology, and because I was interested in the characters, I decided to give the sequel a chance.

At first, I had trouble sliding back into the story. It was clearly written for a reader who remembered mo
Grace T
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After the cliffhanger at the end of book 1, I had to get my hands on book 2.

And it did not disappoint.

Well, the dreamer in me wanted a happier ending for everyone involved in the triangle, not just the two of them, but the ending was realistic, even if I do want to hug and take care of the third person. Seriously, this is one of the best love triangles ever and just yes.

There were definitely a couple of awesome twists along the way, and I like how Reeve does manage to eventually talk about stuff
Laurie Lucking
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading All That We See or Seem, I absolutely couldn't wait for this book to come out, and it didn't disappoint! So many happy sighs... :) But it's hard to know what to say without spoilers! I enjoyed all the shifting dynamics between Reeve, Bran, and Arden, and the resolution of the love triangle was handled really well. I loved that Siber's character took on so much importance, and it was interesting to learn more about the magic at play and the "wall" between the kingdoms. The ending fe ...more
Janeen Ippolito
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional story! I love seeing Reeve's growth and the strength of her convictions. I'm still #TeamArden, but not with Reeve...I'm just #TeamArden because Arden exists and that deserves a team. ;-) The perfect ending to All That We See Or Seem. ...more
Elizabeth Mathis

As her wedding day nears in Acarsaid, her betrothed Arden offers only his wayward soul and saucy tongue. At night she desperately tries to reach Bran, the young soldier of nightmarish Tenebris who holds her heart. However, her king insists that the realms of Tenebris and Acarsaid must remain separate, lest the evil wizard Rancore brutally conquer all.

But the dark magic of Tenebris defies mere distance. A war is
Claire Banschbach
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Loved getting to come back to the lush, vivid setting of this world, and the lyrical, beautiful words that Kristina Mahr puts together into a moving, epic story.

I died a little last year after the cliffhanger that was book 1, and was so excited to read this one! It was perfectly epic, and I loved Arden even more and this guy breaks my heart with all the different faces he shows and how he and Reeve actually became friends. I'd take a story about him after the events of this duology, because his
C.O. Bonham
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Dream within a Dream by Kristina Mahr is the sequel to the YA romance All that we See or Seem.

Picking up on the heels of the first book's cliffhanger this novel continues the story of Reeve the girl who lives one life by day and another by night.

I enjoyed this book even more than the first one. Mostly due to the fact that it contained much more action. It moved at a faster pace and the stakes were raised much higher than just having to marry a man she didn't love.

This is still a love story t
Rachael
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to receive an ARC copy of this book! I loved the first book and couldn't wait to see what the second one would bring. I was not disappointed!

This book picks up right where the last one left off. Reeve grows up a lot in this book and makes some difficult choices. It is nice to see her progress. I find her likable even when she makes bad decisions which is a mark of great writing. Arden is a very likable bad boy and I'm glad to see some character growth in him as well, although I
Kat
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Which leads me into the second review, and I picked this one up right away (again that ending..). Just as the first book was well-written, the beautiful prose continues in the sequel.

ADWAD Quote-for-Kit 3We are swooped away with the characters back into the dark, heartbreaking world. The love triangle continues where it left off in Book 1, but there’s a bit of a twist going into this one (No spoilers, you will just have to read it for yourself).

This book wraps the world up nicely, and I feel lik
Esther Haddie's Haven
THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD. Extremely happy with how everything turned out. The first book left me with some questions, but I got my answers while reading through this one. I'm simply amazed by Kristina Mahr's writing style. I mentioned in my review for the previous book that her style is almost poetic. It's amazing. I'll probably be raving about this book for another week.

Disclaimer: I received an advance reader's copy of this book via YA Bound Book Tours. This is my honest, voluntary review.
BELLE || of the || BOOKSHELVES
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 ~ can't-return-to-reality amazing

"Arden’s heart was on a shelf, gathering dust, and he took it down just for me. He dusted it off just for me. And for his troubles, I dented it."

The perfect conclusion to this beautiful duology! I love Reeve, I love Bran, I love Arden! Seriously, the only love triangle that I've been heartbroken over; I'm still crying for Arden 😭 I stayed up until 2am just to finish this story... the last book that had me this enthralled was Queen of Shadows!

One of the best
Laurin
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How do I put into words just how much I loved this book (and the first book in the duology, All That We See Or Seem), without sounding like a complete dork? I have no idea. But I do know that I absolutely devoured this book, and I had no desire to ever leave the co-worlds of Acarsaid and Tenebris — giant, flesh-eating falcons notwithstanding.
I don’t know how she did it, but Kristina Mahr made me a fan from the first page. Maybe it was her lyrical prose which leant a beautiful rhythm to her words
Suzanna
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun series. Hard to put down. I like the whole dream world thing and how it worked. Interesting characters and nice prose.

The love story is very... idealistic? Paints a very fairy-tale picture of romance which I don’t really subscribe to and wasn’t entirely convincing to me. Then again it’s about falling in love in a dream world so what was I expecting? But also bran was possibly the least interesting or likable character so that didn’t help.
Sara
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
A Dream Within A Dream is a slightly below average book. I wasn’t a big fan of the writing style, finding it a little distracting at points. Some parts of the plot weren’t given enough attention or depth while others dragged on a bit too much. Overall, my disappointment stems from the fact that it’s miscategorized in my opinion. It’s categorized as fantasy and the blurb makes it seem like a fantasy novel with some romance thrown in, but it’s actually a romance with some bits of fantasy thrown in ...more
Amy Lynn
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Moving, action packed, heartbreaking, courageous, and ultimately lovely in the midst of struggle. A consistent voice that grows with the telling of the tale from naivety to maturity.

A fantastic ending to a fantastic duology! I waited (impatiently) for this book to come out after reading book one and the moment it was on my Kindle promptly read it though to the end... even when that end took me until 3am 😉 I highly recommend you enter this unique world. You will not be sorry!
Lizbeth Balazic
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this! It was nice to see Reeve's progression from the first book and to learn more about Arden, he's a character that you learn to love. The last half of the book is fast-paced and suspenseful and I just couldn't put the book down. I definitely recommend it! ...more
Hauntedbybooks
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was an amazing fantasy read! The writing is just so beautiful! I loved how suspenseful this book was, I didn't want to stop reading! The characters are all well written. Also, there were plenty of plot twists and the ending had me starting the second book immediately! ...more
Jenna Monaco
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
Beautiful end to a beautifully written duology. Mahr proves once again her mastery with words and story telling. Highly recommend this duology to anyone looking for a good romance.
Jaz
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book, this world. Loved. It
TY4AU Yates
Feb 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read and satisfying sequel. Not as good as first book, but still good!
Tiana Marie
THIS BOOK STRESSED ME OUT. (In a good way)

I was SO INVESTED!

I finished the first book at 2am this morning, slept, and then woke up with Bran, Arden, and Reeve on my mind... mostly Bran, though 🥰

I NEVER read E-Books but I knew I couldn’t wait a whole week for the next book to be sent to me so I bought my first E-Book and read Dream within a Dream in one day!

So so good!

I want more.... 😭😭
« previous 1 3 next »

• Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • Date Me Like You Mean It
  • A Vow So Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers, #3)
  • Brimstone (The Metals Trilogy #1)
  • Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville, #1)
  • Met By Midnight
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • My Dark Vanessa
  • Among the Beasts & Briars
  • The Home Edit Life: The Complete Guide to Organizing Absolutely Everything at Work, at Home, and on the Go
  • Dogs: Hellbound: Book One
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom, #2)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Beyond the Levee and Other Ghostly Tales
  • An Affair of Poisons
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • The Dugout (The Brentwood Boys, #2)
Kristina Mahr devotes her days to numbers and her nights to words. She works full-time as an accountant in the suburbs of Chicago, but her true passion is writing. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and small herd of rescue animals, as well as waking up at the crack of dawn every weekend to watch the Premier League.

Dreamworld Duology (2 books)
  • All That We See or Seem