Start by marking “Welcome to Spicetown” as Want to Read:
Welcome to Spicetown

Welcome to Spicetown

(Spicetown Mysteries #1)

When a crime stopper senior citizen starts to act oddly, a new business sells fake products and the New Year’s Eve fireworks display disappears, Mayor Cora Mae Bingham and the Spicetown Police Chief Conrad Harris have to get involved.

Cora keeps an eye on her quaint small town nestled in the southern hills of Ohio. Although Spicetown is sprinkled with culinary street names,
Published February 12th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to Spicetown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to Spicetown

Start your review of Welcome to Spicetown
Jackie
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story that has you gripped. There’s mystery and seniors to make this one outstanding book. The narrator definitely adds to the story.
Carol
The quaint town of Spicetown can be
located in Ohio’s southern hills. The
street names are culinary, spices fill
the stores and most residents are live
long abiding citizens.
A new store has opened called Ivy’s
Oils & Organics. It is an interesting shop
selling all types of oils for different
ailments such as marjoram mixed with
either wintergreen or peppermint to
relax muscles for joint pain, cypress is
used to help clear and calm the mind
while chamomile and vetiver to promote
sleep.
Come along and mee
Sheri Richey
Oct 10, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
First time ever! ~ Welcome to Spicetown (Spicetown Mysteries, #1) by Sheri Richey Welcome to Spicetown

The Kindle ebook version of Welcome to Spicetown, Book 1 in the Spicetown Mystery series, is FREE this weekend only, and Book 2, A Bell in the Garden, is reduced to $.99 for a limited time.

If you don't have a copy, grab a free one this weekend, and tell all of your friends!!

🥰📚 Happy Reading!

Amanda
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review-2019
Spicetown Mysteries is a new amateur sleuth series by Sheri Richey. I have heard this style of mystery referred to as cozy mystery or cozy crime, meaning the usual sex and violence associated with other sub-genres in crime is missing. I tend to prefer that dark grittiness with my crime. It feels more real for me. But there do come those times when it's nice to get caught up in and enjoy a more innocent atmosphere. That's what happened with Welcome to Spicetown, the first book of the series.

Spice
Tricia
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice, clean, cute little cozy.
Shanell Meek
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I excited to read the rest of the series.

This was the perfect afternoon read today! I really just sat down to relax for half an hour or so with a good book and ended up completely immersed in solving the Spicetown mystery instead! Spicetown is a cute little town nestled in the southern hills of Ohio. With street names like paprika and thyme and everybody knows everybody, one doesn’t expect a string of crimes to start bringing the citizens of Spicetown down! But when things start getting a littl
Karyn H
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it

This is the first book that I have read by American author Sheri Richey. Cora Mae Bingham, mayor of Spicetown and Conrad Harris, Chief of Police force are main characters. Conrad had memories spent with George Bingham, Cora Mae’s late husband. Conrad was introduced to all citizens in town and Bing had supported his decisions regarding the police force and later they became friends. Cora also a queen of note-taking used to record her thoughts on town planning. Everything seemed perfect until a fi
Ferne
Oct 28, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a delightful beginning to a new series and my first introduction to writing by Sheri Richey!
"People coming through Spicetown and seeing all the street names and businesses left thinking that Spicetown grew spices when that was not the case at all."
When I started reading the cozy I thought the main business in town might be a manufacturing plant that produced all kinds of spices. It was fun to learn the origin of the town name and that one of the mayor's plans for the new year include
Angela (Kentuckybooklover) Brocato-Skaggs
I am ashamed at how long this book sat in my kindle unread. I am enamored with Cora (love because that was my Granny’s name) and Chief Conrad. Plus Bryan and Amanda are just adorable.

This was a different cozy mystery as there was no murder just a mystery to solve. I never guessed the mastermind behind the whole thing. I’m still shocked.

It is a very quick read due to you just want to know what happens next. No foul language in true cozy fashion.

Chief Conrad is my guy on how he feels about coff
Jan
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Small town southern Ohio is a lot like small town anywhere but with more nice folks than some. Everybody knows everyone else and gossip is a given, but here there is very little that's malicious. This is a comfortable story about some interesting mysteries but no murder of people or their character, and the characters you get to know are the kind of people you'd want for friends.
The audio is narrated by Nicole KandeLind who is well suited to the task.
I won a free audio copy in a giveaway.
Bluepits73
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I listened to the audiobook version of this book.

The story was easy to follow and had solid plot and cute idea for the town. I didn't connect with the characters as well as I usually would like to, and I felt like the writing jumped around too much. Would be a decent & clean afternoon listen. Surprisingly, for a cozy mystery, it does not include a murder.

I thought the narrator gave a great performance that matched the book well.
Diana Rieck
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pleasantly Surprised!

When I began reading this book, I wasn’t sure if I liked it but as it progressed I began to really enjoy it. I love the interaction between the Mayor & the Chief and the budding romance between Amanda & Bryan. Can’t wait for the next chapter of Spicetown.
Donna Morgan
Oct 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a warm and fuzzy cozy mystery with a little spice

A warm and fuzzy cozy mystery with a little spice, Mayor Cora and Police chief Connie have a conundrum of who is guilty in a theft and perhaps more illicit events.
Georgene Doyle
Oct 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Certainly a Different Cozy

I was bit frightened in the beginnin
g because characters were introduced so rapidly I thought I would never keep them straight, but, their each personality was so well developed that the key players were easy to remember.
It was a bit different than most of the many cozies I've read but a well developed mystery.
JO GIBBS
Dec 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strange Action in Small Town

This is an interesting story about a lively town and mayor and active police chief working hard to solve a mystery going on. They have pride in their town and are angry when someone is messing it up. Can their determination stop it?
Sharon Draffin
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice little cozy

Quick easy read with an enjoyable plot. I enjoyed the budding romance between Amanda and Bryan and hope to see there relationship develop. The date in the snowplow was also a nice little twist for the couple.
Beverly Owens
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful read

Well, I am so glad to have found Spicetown! A great mystery in an interesting small town. Mayor Cora and Chief Conrad are a fun sleuthing team and the other characters completed the story so nicely. Will definitely read book two in the series!
Sally906
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m sorry to say but I just didn’t get into this one.

The first in the Spicetown mystery series I am fairly certain I won’t be reading any more.

None of the characters came alive for me and I certainly didn’t care what happened to anyone.

#readforkimberly

Connie Mahoney
Feb 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great mystery!

It was SO nice to read a book about a nice town with great people that had a mystery, but not a murder! Too many cozy mysteries have murder after murder after murder in a small town. Such a pleasant read with a good mystery without a murder. A town I want to visit again.
Rebecca Wilson
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best little who dun it

Societies comes alive with vivid scene settings. The character development is cunning and smooth. This was the perfect plane ride read.
Clemmie Jackson
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good mystery with a twist
Mairi Krausse
Oct 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Small town life

This book is interesting in a very good way. Involving several small businesses and small town mayor, police chief and sheriff. Good read!
Betty
Cute little read!
Ida Lukasik
Oct 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A town with a bit of trouble

A mayor,police chief, A store owner and towns people.
I liked Bryan and Amanda, I can see things working out for them after a rough start. Amanda has good ideas to help him build his business. The chief figured things out about what was going on in town. You must read to find out.
Faye Sexton
Oct 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful read.

This was a light and enjoyable read. I love reading cozy mysteries, and this book was full of optimism with a spot of mystery. If you're looking for something to read that is relaxing, but still in the mystery genre, I think you'll enjoy it!
Kathy
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Ok now I have another author to read getting the next book now if you love a great cozy with characters you will love then this one by Sheri Richey is a must read
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Good start

I actually enjoyed this small town cozy. I liked Saucy and his complaining ways, the Mayor who tries to be the bad cop, and their very own cop that others in the town don't trust since he's new to the town but when a crime happens and the Mayor and cop get together to try and find the bad guys, the fun begins.
Sharon
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A hit
Genevieve Bomes
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have had this book on my tbr list for ages and never quite got around to reading it. I am sorry that I haven't read it sooner. This is a fast read with some great characters. There are a couple of story lines going on at the same time but they are easy to follow and I want to see the Mayor and Sheriff or was he the chief get together. I found the small town charming to visit and am looking forward to another visit there. ...more
Mary A.
Nov 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

When I started to read this book I had no idea where it was going. Was it a mystery, crime story or horror? But I really got involved with the characters and the author did a great job of hooking me in.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Meltdown in Christmas River (Christmas River Cozy #10)
  • Vanilla Vengeance (Cupcake Crimes, #1)
  • Sweet Revenge (Cocoa Narel Chocolate Shop #1)
  • Travel Can Be Murder Cozy Mysteries: Books 1-3
  • Death at the Summit (Target Practice Mysteries #2)
  • Peppermint Peril (Cupcake Crimes, #5)
  • Birthdays Can Be Deadly / Money Can Be Deadly / Trust Can Be Deadly / Ties Can Be Deadly (Sage Gardens Mystery #1-4)
  • The Body in the Park (A Razzy Cat Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • The Great Catsby (A NOLA Tail Mystery Book 1)
  • Annabelle Archer's Holiday Collection (Annabelle Archer Wedding Planner Mystery Collections Book 2)
  • A Pepper Brooks Mystery Collection: A Cozy Box Set Books 1-3
  • An Aero Island Christmas Mystery (The Homeswappers, #3)
  • October Fest (Mira James RomCom Mystery, #6)
  • Psychic Sugar Rush (Psychic Sugar Rush Cozy Mystery #1)
  • A Fresh Beginning & Murder
  • A Stoneybrook Mystery Collection: A Cozy Mystery Box Set Books 4-6
  • Living On A Spare (Glock Grannies #4)
  • Movie Club Mysteries: Books 1-3
See top shelves…

Spicetown Mysteries (9 books)
  • A Bell in the Garden (Spicetown Mystery, #2)
  • Spilling the Spice (A Spicetown Mystery, #3)
  • Blue Collar Bluff (A Spicetown Mystery, #4)
  • A Tough Nut to Crack (A Spicetown Mystery, #5)
  • Chicory is Trickery (Spicetown Mystery, #6)
  • The No Dill Zone (A Spicetown Mystery, #7)
  • Cons & Quinces (A Spicetown Mystery, #8)
  • Silent Night Dynamite (Spicetown Mysteries, #9)

News & Interviews

Judging by early reviews and general pop-culture impact, Emily St. John Mandel (Station Eleven) has hit a home run with her latest novel, Sea...