Start by marking “The Reactionary (The Rogues, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Reactionary (The Rogues, #3)

The Reactionary

(The Rogues #3)

Three friends. One broken world. One chance to make it right.

Gath survived the satellite explosions, only to encounter one of Felix’s plague initiatives. Somehow, he must recover, re-unify what’s left of their leadership team—and help them find a reason to hope.

Luther devises a diplomatic distraction to buy Portia time for her international mission and him an opportunity t
Published February 19th 2019 by Write Integrity Press

To ask other readers questions about The Reactionary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reactionary

Start your review of The Reactionary (The Rogues, #3)
Emily Golus
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hogrefe brings the Rogues series to a satisfying close with The Reactionary. The book begins several months after The Revolutionary ends, with the second American Revolution well underway. The narrative takes us to new, unexpected places, including overseas to visit an unlikely international ally.

The book retains the fast pace and futuristic technology of the first two books, and I believe fans will be satisfied with not only the intrigue and politics, but with the maturing relationships between
Suzette
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After finishing "The Revolutionary" last year, I was anticipating the publishing of "The Reactionary". It was worth the wait. It was one of those books where I was constantly looking for another chance to steal away to read just a little bit more. When the book ended, I felt that the story had been completed although the Rogues have quite a bit of work ahead of them and relationships now had room to blossom and grow without prying eyes, but I was also sad that I was saying good-bye to this group ...more
Phyllis
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An exciting conclusion to this trilogy

My rating is 4.5 stars

The cryptic warning read “Orbit to Sage: Pharaoh provoked ten plagues. We’ll defeat you with two. Find a Red Sea or brace yourself for Firstborn.”

I’ve been excited to read the conclusion to The Rogues trilogy. This dystopian adventure has been quite the ride!

Portia is quite the heroine. Thrust into terrifying situations, she holds tightly to her mission and perseveres. I love her loyalty to her friends and family, especially after she d
Randy Tramp
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Portia determines to restore her broken family and her nation's freedoms. Could be impossible but she risks everything to accomplish it.

There's action from the first scene to the surprising ending. Crazy futuristic technology intends to control a fallen world.

I have enjoyed this series starting with the Revisionary, next the Revolutionary and now the Reactionary. The setting, post-United States, was dark, and hopefully, this story stays in the realm of fiction. Yet, Reactionary so close to reali
Maria Constantine
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book skillfully takes readers on a rollercoaster of emotions. Hogrefe makes every step of Portia’s sensational journey equally gripping and relatable. In this final book of the trilogy, Portia and the entire band of rebels are forced to dance between self-discovery and self-sacrifice for the sake of the community. The story kept me at the edge of my seat and the ending moved me to tears.
Jordan
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you're ready to get lost in a great story with the perfect balance of adventure, action, and suspense with a little romance in the mix for good measure, do yourself a favor and check out Kristen's Rogues Trilogy!
Charles
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Rogue series by Kristen Hogrefe, but it doesn’t read like it. I never got a sense that this book’s purpose was to tie up loose ends and bring closure. It’s an action-packed novel of its own.

We see the heroine Portia as vulnerable. The characters face crises, work through attempts to break free from them, fail, try again. When help arrives, it is natural, not contrived or super-human, like I’ve read from some authors.

If you read this book without the others, you wo
Glenn Haggerty
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 3 of The Rogues Series continues the story of Portia and the struggle of a newly liberated land to form a stable government and fight off tyrannical counterattack. The heroine continues to develop, this time more romantically and relationally with nicely nuanced spirituality. The strong supporting cast of male characters, both friend and enemies add color, and the imaginative plot features nice tension throughout. Although not quite as intense as the first two books, the dramatic action and ...more
Meagan
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ahh...a fitting finale to a thrilling trilogy. I loved the incorporation of several European cities as well; this lent scope and impact to the plot I didn’t even know it needed, and it worked brilliantly.

This book changed things up a bit in that no longer was the story just told from Portia’s point of view, but also Gath’s and Luther’s. I enjoyed so much reading from their perspectives, it was just a little jarring at first since the first two were solely Portia’s POV.

So good!! A great and neede
Susan Moody
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the final story

I am sad to leave these characters I've grown to love. But I loved this trilogy. I couldn't put the books down. Highly recommend.
Dena Hobbs
Amanda
Aug 19, 2019
Ruth
Feb 02, 2019 added it
Book 3 had some surprises in store along with satisfying developments to wrap up the trilogy nicely. I was a bit thrown by the viewpoint shifts, honestly, but that doesn't mar my enjoyment in the trilogy as a whole.
Jennifer Jungling
Mar 31, 2020
Hannah Corner
Feb 24, 2020
Kristen Parnell
Feb 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Becky Van Daniker
Lonnie Somogyi
Sep 14, 2019
Stephen Bennett
Dec 06, 2019

• Happily Ever After (Deep Haven, #1)
  • Tying the Knot (Deep Haven, #2)
  • The Perfect Match (Deep Haven, #3)
  • My Foolish Heart (Deep Haven, #4)
  • You Don't Know Me (Deep Haven, #6)
  • The Shadow of Your Smile (Deep Haven, #5)
  • Tempting Tait (Marriages of Conviction Book 2)
  • I Really Do Miss Your Smile (Christiansen Family, #0.5)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Christiansen Family, #1)
  • Blessing Bentley (Marriages of Conviction Book 1)
  • It Had to Be You (Christiansen Family, #2)
  • When I Fall in Love (Christiansen Family, #3)
  • Always on My Mind (Christiansen Family, #4)
  • You're the One that I Want (Christiansen Family, #6)
  • Evergreen (Christiansen Family, #3.5)
  • The Wonder of You (Christiansen Family, #5)
  • What Love Washed Up (Finding Faith Book 1)
  • Banana Split Personalities (Crime à la Mode #4)
Kristen Hogrefe Parnell writes suspenseful fiction from a faith perspective. She's an award-winning author and life-long learner who enjoys starting her day with Jesus and coffee. She and her husband live in Florida, the perfect setting for their many outdoor adventures. You can find her blogging at kristenhogrefeparnell.com where she challenges young adults and the young at heart to find faith in ...more

The Rogues (4 books)
  • A Cord of Three Strands (The Rogues, #0.5)
  • The Revisionary (The Rogues, #1)
  • The Revolutionary (The Rogues, #2)

News & Interviews