Start by marking “Let's Go on Safari” as Want to Read:
Let's Go on Safari

Let's Go on Safari

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  5 reviews
What happens when Kate, an 8-year-old girl from Austin, Texas, meets Michelle, a professional wildlife guide, while on safari in South Africa? The two new friends turn their adventures into a photodocumentary book encouraging kids everywhere to advocate for wild animals!
Published May 17th 2019 by Crickhollow Books

To ask other readers questions about Let's Go on Safari, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Go on Safari

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Jonathan Esterman
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There's more that meets the cover with this book. First off, when individuals purchase the book, the proceeds go toward activism efforts such as the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, the Jane Goodall Institute, and the Global Wildlife Conservation, all with the aim of helping save endangered animals. It's an appropriate action, too, given that this book is aimed to help turn readers toward advocacy.

The story follows an eight-year-old girl who mets a professional guide. Their series of emails are
Nora St Laurent
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful astounding pictures gives readers an up-close personal tour of Kate Gilman Williams’s Safari adventure. Eight-year-old Kate goes with her parents on a Safari that changed her life. The safari took place in South Africa where Kate met Michelle Campbell, game driver, instructor and woman passionate about keeping these amazing wild animals safe from poachers and other dangers created by humans.

I enjoyed Kate’s honesty about being nervous about going in a small plane to meet these wild ani
Linda
OUT May 6th! I've never had the exciting experience of going on safari, but one that I have had is to work for one week in my state, SW Colorado, learning about and helping with a bird count of Sandhill Cranes, one experience that still inspires me to help in the area of the plight of cranes on earth, especially those Sandhill Cranes. Thanks to PR by The Book for the copy of this brand new book!
I connected with this young girl, Kate, an 8-year-old from Austin, Texas, who has written a book with
Jessica Bronder
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kate Gilman had the pleasure of going on safari in Southern Africa when she was 8 years. While on safari she made a new friend, Michelle Campbell the wildlife guide. This experience inspired Kate to write a book with Michelle about the safari and encourage others to protect the wildlife. This book is a wonderful collection of photographs that were taken and is filled with so much information that Kate learned along the way.

I would love to go on safari at some point in my life. The pictures in th
Sara Thompson
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so amazing. The pictures are real and beautiful. It is gritty but not grotesque. This is real life.
I'm so impressed that the author is only 8 years old and thought to write this book. It's a powerful, inspirational call to do something to protect the wildlife of Africa.