Start by marking “Next to Nothing (The Chosen One #3)” as Want to Read:
Next to Nothing (The Chosen One #3)

Next to Nothing

(The Chosen One #3)

A Gay Paranormal Harem Romance

What do you get when you mix a dragon, a vampire, a griffin, a mage, and a human? Sawyer Smith’s life sounds like a punchline, but the mates he’s come to love are no joke. They’re fierce and wonderful, protecting him from the outside forces trying to destroy him. Add in a reluctant hippocamp and an egotistical fae prince, and Sawyer has his h
Published January 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Next to Nothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Next to Nothing

Barbara➰
OMG! This series is getting better and better! All the twists and turns...secrets revealed. Crazy! Bloody brilliant! ❤❤❤

I loved this one. All the mates are coming together and finding themselves. Sweet Saeward finally has a place to belong and people who love him. And now Loch! I was so happy with that outcome. And of course Sawyer is coming into his own. I love seeing him mature and grow. And I love how each mate is different and brings something special to the group.

Like I said, bloody brilli
Mindy
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better.

description

If you like supernatural M/M book. Then you should definitely read this. Macy Blake has made amazing word. I loved this book so much, I ended up reading it all in one day.

The only annoying thing is that they are all cliffhangers. The first book wasn't as much. But the second one and third one are very much cliffhangers. Now I need book four.

Highly Recommend ~FIVE STARS~
Zuzu
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
4.5 stars - Can’t decide if I’m going to round up.

This series is SO good! Looks like we’re finally getting some answers even if it was at the very end of this book. Now on to Hell to Pay. I’m almost caught up!
Amanda Viecelli
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goddess! All the stars!

This series somehow gets better and better all the time. The Chosen universe that Macy Blake has created is fascinating and gets more complex with each installment. Sawyer and his guardians and mates are all characters with such depth and unique stories and pasts, and are so varied even down to their most basic cellular makeups.. and yet they all fit so beautifully together I can't imagine them NOT being mates. However their harmonious household is suddenly thrown in
Stephanie
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! This is by far the best book in have read in a while!!! I couldn't put this down for how amazing this book is. So many twist and turns that I just couldn't even contain myself how amazing this book. And that ending!! I can't wait for the next one!
Jaimed
Freakin' A!

Okay. Well, that just happened. I need the next book NOW!

This is not a stand alone. I highly suggest that you stop now and make sure that you have read all the other books in this series, the first book of the Hellhound series and Mickey's novella. This series builds upon each previous book and the Hellhounds 1 and the novella will be spoiled by feeding this first.

I enjoyed this book, there is some mystery and intrigue going on in the land of the Fae. While Sawyer waits for his newest
Relly
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

4.75 ⭐

This is by far the best of the series as it kept me entertained the whole way through.
I love Sawyer and his protectors.
Sex is used heavily in these books to cement the bond between the chosen one (Sawyer) and his protectors, although in this one it wasn’t featured as heavily as previous books. It makes sense because you will fight to death to protect the ones you love. What I enjoy is that even though they are marked as protectors, that doesn’t mean they have to have a relationship wit
Anna
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, please can I have some more? Fabulous!!!
Viz
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Did not like it as much as the rest of the series. The mystery just stretches till the end... so was a bit disappointed with the pace.
Badh
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I've been waiting for this book from the very second I finished reading the last one, and I had to reread all the other books in this world at least once to tide me over because I seriously didn't know if I would make it. I did, and it was worth every single second's wait.

It was really nice checking in on all our guys again and see how they are adjusting to all the changes that have been happening. I mean, not only are they dealing with the magical stuff, they are also dealing with the add
JenMcJ
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good next step in the saga. It has a good mystery within the larger mystery that is resolved and then ends with a new mystery within the larger mystery to tackle in the next book.

I liked that this book seems to get back to Sawyer and Draco a little even if there is a log of focus on the newer members of the group. The Prince and his guard, Loch. I adore Draco and his way of romancing his men but, and I can't believe I'm saying this, the mates didn't get enough bonding time really. Not sex,
Kaila
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this series gets better and better.. i enjoy the dynamics of sawyer and his guys. and the paranormal aspects is even better.. i love the different types of supernaturals.. not just the normal types.. i love their banter and it makes me happy to read. different characters and likable characters.. it is all together just afun series and i really enjoyed it.
Jennie
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great continuation of the series..
Seaward is growing closer and becoming more comfortable with the others. Their connection begins to strengthen.
Each man is doing their best but feeling the strain of keeping the Chosen One safe with unknown dangers lurking close.
The world building in this series is fantastic!! The author does a great job of bringing you into a world of magic and mystical creatures and making you believe..
I'm loving how the story of the Chosen One is evolving & I look forwa
Kathryn Manzella
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!
That...was...awesome!
We have the Chosen One and the guardians back and the danger is knocking heavily at their door. And to make matters more challenging, Sawyer is trying to find ways to bring the two new guardians Into the fold. But oh what fun awaits you when you choose to read this book.

Our eyes are opened to a few new bits of information, we get clues into a few well kept secrets and discover that there might be a reason why a certain guardian isnt fitting in as easily as all the oth
Sabella
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What just happened? Huh, how..when..wait...

Yes, those are just a few things that you will find yourself saying as you read this book. We get to see familiar characters and meet new ones along the way. The heat is off the charts but so are the emotions that are portrayed on the screen. Just no words can describe how much this book will pull you in.

READ THIS BOOK! That's all I can say. You will be in for a treat and a half with a side of yummy.
Sarah Jones
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Next to Nothing is the third book in Macy Blake’s Chosen One Universe, and the author has definitely hit her stride and left me wanting more! I loved Sawyer and his guys and how they all work together. I enjoyed reading their interactions between each other and the LOL funny moments. I loved this story and how in depth the author goes to create this universe. And OMG that ending and the plot twists throughout! More please!

This book is a continuation of the search for the guardians and cannot be
Angie
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

Holy cannoli! Macy Blake has done it again! I'm so thrilled with this book! I was luck enough to get an ARC copy but this book releases on January 29! Mark your calendars because you are going to want to read this one!

I would recommend reading all the books and novellas set in the chosen one universe before reading this one for maximum enjoyment of this book but the chosen one book 1 and book 2 are absolutely necessary.

It was such a good telling of this part of the story. Action packed f
Ajà
This is definitely a guilty pleasure series that I can't stop reading for some reason.
Side note : despite having all these guardians from all around the world (and other dimensions) the author has yet to include any racially diverse characters. Here's hoping for book 4.
Joscelyn Smith
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is...OMFG!!!

This was so freaking good! Danger and mind blowing revelations abound. I'm not gonna lie, my jaw literally dropped. I don't want give any spoilers so I'll just say that I have no doubt that any reader will just as desperate for book four as I am. Macy Blake has out done herself with this one, it's just...words fail me. Read it, you will not be disappointed.
Donna
description

YEAH, I didn't see that coming...

Sitting here trying to pick my jaw up off the floor...

So many twists and turns...

T
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series has turned me into an obsessive nut! I have been waiting anxiously for Next To Nothing to the point of constantly stalking all sites for this book to release! When I got a copy I read it from start to finish without a break! IT. IS. WONDERFUL!!!
My expectations were super high and I was still blown away! Seriously, after the last page I just sat there with my jaw on the floor because I couldn't believe what was revealed! The world this author has built is so absolutely entertaining th
Katherine
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A series hitting its stride

This series is really hitting all the right notes! With an excellent balance in this book between the steamy scenes with the boys, the emotional work of the relationships, the political goings on, and the ongoing mystery of the Chosen One, it was an amazing read!

This book there is some discordance between the mates. Ward remains hesitant to join after his less than ideal introduction to the group. Meanwhile Kavalan continues to keep himself haughty and princely, abusin
Christine
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
Sawyer and the guys get ever crazier....

Sawyer's mission as the Chosen One is put in peril as a Dark Menace continues to threaten him and his Guardians.

...speaking of Guardians....Kavalan, Prince of the Fae, is the newest addition to Sawyer's retinue. But..there's just something about him.....Sawyer doesn't crave him like he does the others, and there's the unaccountable attraction that Sawyer does have for Loch, Kavalan's BFF. Even though everyone's hiding out in the Land of the Fae, danger st
Claudia Lezár
PLEASE READ FIRST MY RATING SYSTEM!!!

To my ratings (thanks to amazon I had to change it again and 'upgrade' it a little bit.):

5* - very very good and rare (it would be a Blow-
Away-book like 'Liberty' from Seth King,
'Save the at he kids' series from EM Leya or
'Jesse's Smile' from Angelique Jurd), it's like
an A+

4* - very good and will be often reread and is a
WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises
(like most of Andrew Grey books) it's like an A

3,5* - a really good book, which will be
Pamela Cunningham
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a young man who is charged with fixing the supernatural world along with his eight guardians

Okay not gonna lie what a twist like wow I would have never guessed who Sawyer really was holy hell bravo author but still we don't know what went down . Okay so the Prince I kinda knew something was up with that Sawyer and he just couldn't connect but when the went to the Fae world and he became attracted too the captain of the prince's guard I was like hmmmm . I was still stuck on st
R
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sawyer is mated to five men, Draco a dragon, Henry a mage, Eduardo a griffin, Andvari a vampire and Ward a hippocamp. He has added another man, Kavalan a Fae prince to the mix but it’s not going to well. His latest mate is arrogant and not very likable. But Sawyer knew that his role of the Chosen wasn’t going to be an easy one. He adores his men and they would do anything to protect their mate, even attempt to warm up to the latest Guardian. All the men (except the prince) are settling into thei ...more
Terri
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't get enough of this series (and its spin-offs), because this world and its characters are just fantastic. I love Sawyer and his mates, and each time I think things can't get better and/or crazier, they do! This one had a couple of surprises, including one that still has me reeling. Everything I thought I knew about The Chosen One will have to be reconsidered. I freaking love it! I read a lot. Really, a LOT. I actually get excited when an author surprises me. Well, Ms. Blake, you've done i ...more
Kendra T
OH! MY! GOODNESS!!!!! I really think this series is getting better by the book. I loved the beginning of the series, but now I am completely sucked in. I need more NOW! Sawyer and his mates (Draco, Eduard, Andvari, and Henry) are solid as ever. We met Ward last book, but he was keeping his distance. There is finally some connection with him, and he is brought into the fold pretty seamlessly. The end of last book had us meet the Prince, and I was quite dreading him. I wasn’t a fan. I thought the ...more
Beth
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Slow moving in parts but that ending?! Holy crap!

This continuation of The Chosen One series has the Guardians getting to know each other better and trying to adapt to the arrival of the newest guardian. Like the last book, an attack sends the whole group to the realm of the newest guardian.

Sawyer’s brother and his mates finally show up (a spin off book which was the first one I read and I’d been waiting for them.) I am hopeful they will continue on as part of the story. Meshaq also makes a came
Nanna Sander
Major cliffhanger alert!

This is a pretty mellow book sprinkled with drama that creates new mellow situation. I don't mean that as a bad thing. Just that the action is of a different kind than the action packed kind.

There is the whole deal with figuring out the fae-guardian situation as well as exploring the fae world. There is some real action here, but that is not the main thing I take with me from the story.

And then that ending! At first I was super confused, I thought I had missed a bunch of
  • Burn the Sky (Wytch Kings, #1)
  • Tainted Soul (Tainted, #2)
  • Making Dragon Stew
  • Mine Forever (Brac Pack Next Gen #5)
  • Awakenings
  • On Wings of Thunder
  • Human Omega: Trapped in the Alien Jungle (Pykh #2)
  • Mayhem: Episode Nine (The Demon Gate #9)
  • The Coquette and the Thane
  • Awaken a Wolf (Wiccan-Were-Bear #9)
  • Three Parts Fey (An Obscure Magic, #3)
  • Elemental Magick (The Donovan Coven #1)
  • Striker (The Valespian Pact #2)
  • Just One Bite: Volume Six (Just One Bite, #6)
  • Lord of Ravens (Inheritance, #3)
  • Not a Line of Bull (A Loving Nip #6)
  • Riding the Storm (The Gods Made Me Do It #4)
  • Planet Glecerus (Alien Lovers #1)

The Chosen One (3 books)
  • All or Nothing (The Chosen One #1)
  • Nothing Ventured (The Chosen One, #2)