Start by marking “The Ippos King (Wraith Kings, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Ippos King (Wraith Kings, #3)

The Ippos King

(Wraith Kings #3)

The WRAITH KINGS saga continues.

The demonic horde that threatened to devour the world has been defeated, but at great cost.

Plagued by guilt and nightmares, Serovek Pangion sets out to deliver the soulless body of the monk Megiddo to the heretical Jeden Order for safekeeping. Accompanying him is sha-Anhuset, the Kai woman he admires and desires most--a woman barely tolerant
Published October 6th 2020

Start your review of The Ippos King (Wraith Kings, #3)
Amber
Soooo.... any news on a release date?

Related image
Monique V
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I hate you grace draven!! This is too romantic for my heart to take!

I will admit that after waiting so long for this book I did not expect it to like it this much. But This couple just made my heart flutter so many times I can't even express how much I love them!!! And the next book will probably be just as good and i am going to have to wait 3 years for it. I am kidding About hating you Mrs Draven. Thanks for a satisfying book
Renégade ♥
Aug 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
UPDATE (09/18/20)

Whats The Status Whats The Update GIF - WhatsTheStatus Status WhatsTheUpdate - Discover & Share GIFs

For those who are interested, the author posted on her blog (on 09/09/20) that the release date for The Ippos King was changed from September 15, 2020 to October 6, 2020.

For further details from Grace Draven, see the link below:

***

spoken-word shows – TOpoet

For those who've been waiting and/or interested, here is the latest update (April 3, 2020) from GD:

Really Gave It To Me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

**SERIALIZED CHAPTERS NO LONGER AVAILABLE**

And here are the links to the
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 stars

Teaser for The Ippos King on Grace Draven's Facebook Page.

(view spoiler)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)

“We live for those we love,” she told him in bast-Kai. “We die for those we love. This is a privilege, Serovek, not a sacrifice.”

Embarking on this story was like having all my birthdays and Christmas rolled into one I was that excited to get started.

This takes place in the aftermath of book 2.
With a land clawing itself back from the devastation of a ruined and decimated kingdom.
Also, a people that has been leached of its very magic and its ability to capture the departed Kai’s mortem lights.

A L
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Spent half the day gobbling this one up... SWOOOOOONNNNNNN!!!

description

Whoever said this isn't a romance, I beg to differ! Based on that comment I dreaded what I'd find coming in, but it IS a romance! It's ABSOLUTELY a romance! (just with not a lot of sex. Literally 1 pivotal scene and a cursory quickie described in 2 sentences toward the end. But it was enough. I could have used more, but it was not too little that I felt deprived)

Anywho... I created a new shelf with this one - favorite heroine. I'll hav
Kimmier
I love Grace Draven's Books especially the Wraith Kings Series. I was excited to read this on Grace Draven Facebook page:
Ippos King-WK #3-Serovek and Anuset
The Nomas King-WK #4-Gaeres and Emerence
The Parias King-WK# 5-Andras and Zigana
The Anastas King -WK #6-Megiddo and Acseh

Keep on Writing Grace Draven!!!
Shanna Matheo
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 17-in-2017, aw-20-21
November 2020: I've waited... What is it 2? 3? years for this book. At one point I doubted we were never going to get it. And even if we did, how could it live up to expectations?

The short answer: It did.

The long answer: I don't have one yet. I need some time to let my thoughts settle. So, full review to come... maybe?

October 2020: It's... It's here? OMG it's here! Well Grace, you just slid that one in there didn't ya?

September 2019: Oh my Gods this cover!!! Anushet looks so bad-ass! I love i
Snow
Oct 03, 2016 marked it as to-read

So, now the date is October 6th?

Damn, and it's just around the corner....*gasps in expectation*

I FREAKING CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS, any longer....

What does it mean...expected publication 2017?

It s a way to torture, isn't it?

Dammit, dammit...i knew it!!!
Cathy
Aug 26, 2018 marked it as did-not-finish
From her blog:
Serialization of THE IPPOS KING (Wraith Kings #3)
I’m serializing the rough draft of THE IPPOS KING (Wraith Kings #3) via my newsletter, so if you’d like to follow along, please scroll down to the bottom of my home page and you’ll see the box on the right for subscribing. A couple of things about this serialization:

So, I read Chapter 1 and 2, when they were sent per newsletter. There hasn‘t been an update since the end of October. I am putting
Bibi
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
Clearly, something went awry in the intervening years since Eidolon because this was unexpectedly sophomoric.

The strength of Radiance and Eidolon was in the crescendoing chemistry between Brishen and Ildiko but also the escalation of conflicts. Whereas, The Ippos King, IMO, relied more on conflicts to spur a romance that was cringey and uninspired.
Sha-Anhuset was not a heroine I could support even if she had the beauty of 10 fair maidens or the strength of 20 stallions. Everything about her wa
Princess under cover
Great read. Thanks to Starr for rec'ing it. I love a real man, and Serovek is a man's man. I love a strong woman. And Anhuset is a strong freaking warrior woman.

The 2 of them combined - ride him, cowgirl! The Beladine Stallion. Neeeehhhhheeeee.... (that's meant to be a horse sound).

Great stuff.
Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
10/13/20 Update!
OMGOMGOMG!!! ITS OUT!!!
description

But... Im broke until payday and this is not at the library yet. Ive waited 3 years for this to come out. I think I can wait another week. LOL!
********************
11/19/17 Update!
I want this noooowwww!
Jeffe Kennedy
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another gorgeously written Wraith Kings installment from the stellar Grace Draven - and one of her best books yet! While I've been a steadfast lover of Master of Crows as my longtime Grace favorite, this book has possibly changed that. We've been waiting a long time for Anhuset and Serovek's story and the story is totally worth the wait. An epic fantasy ride full of mystery, magic, and a slow-burn romance of opposites that is both moving and passionate. Even more so than in Radiance and Eidolon, ...more
ShanShan ✨
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart! I couldn’t love Serovek and Anhuset more and I couldn’t be happier with the ending. It was everything. This book gave me all the feels. Thank you Grace Draven! I was really hoping the whole Megiddo fiasco would be solved but hopefully it will in the next book. I would love for Brishen and Serovek to stop suffering from their nightmares. I’m definitely giving this 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Bookphenomena (Micky)
I'm a sad bunny posting this rating but it is what it is. Anyone who knows me, knows that I recommend Grace Draven and this series left, right and centre but sadly THE IPPOS KING was disappointing to me. This wasn't a bad book, but I found it inconsistent in terms of pacing and spark.

I will continue to champion Grace and her other books and I'll still look forward to book four in this series. I won't eagerly recommending this installment however.

Full review to come for the blog.
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
Update: THE IPPOS KING – September 2020 (after Sept. 10th)

This books not ready yet, but it will be. 😉

I'll be waiting 😉
Anali
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anhuset's eyes narrowed. She had never been, and would never be, a prey animal.

Dragana
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Anhuset and Serovek didn't disappoint. An entertaining tale. I can not wait for the sequel The Nomas King. ...more
Jemailyn
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing

You learn from your enemy; your enemy learns from you.

The Ippos King continued where Eidolon ended, however in different povs this time. The MCs in this book are Anhuset, a Kai woman and the head of military in Sagara, and Serovek, a human man and the lord of High Salure. The Eidolon has remnants to Brishen and Serovek, who are both plague with guilt and nightmares about the fifth Wraith King and Nazim Monk Meggido's lost soul in the galla horde. When the Jeden Order requested for Meggido's
G.
Oct 18, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5

It pains me to say this, but I found the first 30-35% somewhat of a slog to read. The rest of the book almost made up for it. And yes, I'm kind of bummed I didn't love it. That said, I'm still excited for the rest of the Wraith Kings books, whenever they might come.
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'“I’m not sure I’d know what to do with a hair ribbon,” Anhuset finally said, addressing the stars above them.” “Probably strangle someone with it.” She choked on the wine she’d just sipped, and Serovek thumped her on the back until she quieted. Then she laughed, and he was lost.'

The WRAITH KINGS saga continues with a tale of loyalty and acceptance.
The tale of Serovek and Anhuset.

And because I loved Ildiko and Brishen so much I was not sure the story of these two would appeal to me the sam
Paula
Oct 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I feel like it took me forever to get through this one. I was so looking forward to their story, but I ended up pretty bored throughout.
TJ
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5/5.0

Finally, FINALLY!! I’ve been waiting for this book for YEARS! And, that wait is rewarded!!

This story takes off right after the events in “Eidolon” (The second book in this series) and focuses on two of the strong secondary characters from the previous books, Anhuset and Serovek. Because of the four year time gap since that last book was published, however, I did have a hard time remembering names and relationships and had to go back and quickly review the last story. If one has the time,
♛ Garima ♛
Oct 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
This is out, people!
Zeek
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this author's work. She remains an autobuy for me.

In this her third entry in the Wraith King series,characters introduced in previous novels finally come together. The heroine Anhuset, (pronounced either Ann-oo-set or Ann-hoo-set depending on your dialect according to the author), is of a race of magical beings who live with humans. They look different than us with sharp teeth and yellow eyes, but the play on what defines beauty really is something I find refreshing.

Anhuset is a "sha"- a
Book Addict
I was eagerly looking forward to this book but unfortunately I didn't enjoy it.
I had to force myself to read the book and it felt like it was going on forever.
The story and the characters lost that something special which was there in the first two books.
Though I loved both these characters in the first two book, in this book I couldn't connect with them and didn't enjoy their story.
Ane Vass
It's action, adventure and the slowest of slow burns.
I loved it.

Both H and h are badasses, but heroine proudly holds the first spot.

This journey of a human man and a Kai woman was a joy to read. Grace Draven writes beautifully.

Note: If you want to read this one, you would need to finish the first two books in the series, which I gladly recommend.

Cannot wait for the next installment.
Patricia Huynh
Nov 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
Yesss. Yesss give this to me!
Kay
Nov 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
awwww come on ! I'm checking for updates everyday. Respectfully - Ms Draven pick up the pace. Peace ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
New cover for Ippos King and a January 2019 (hopefully release date!) 1 26 Dec 28, 2018 08:42PM
Early rating? Why? 5 47 Jul 31, 2018 10:30PM

• Under a Winter Sky: A Midwinter Holiday Anthology
  • Tropical Temptation (An Arathian Universe Novella Book 2)
  • The Sea of Tranquility
  • A Lady Awakened (Blackshear Family, #1)
  • Wish You Were Here  (Freaks MC England #3)
  • Sacrifice
  • The Queen's Triumph (Rogue Queen, #3)
  • Legacy (The Sharing Knife, #2)
  • Passage (The Sharing Knife, #3)
  • The Wicked and the Dead (Faery Bargains, #1)
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • The Princess Knight (The Scarred Earth Saga, #2)
  • Threshold of Annihilation (The Firebird Chronicles, #3)
  • Horizon (The Sharing Knife, #4)
  • Sin & Salvation (Demigods of San Francisco, #3)
  • The Consolation Prize (Brides of Karadok, #3)
  • Archangel's Sun (Guild Hunter, #13)
  • Plan B (Best Laid Plans, #2)
I'm an author and Louisiana native living in Texas with my husband, three smalls and a big doofus dog. I have lived in Spain, hiked the Teton Mountains, honeymooned in Scotland, ridden in competition rodeo and am the great great granddaughter of a Nicaraguan president. I also hate doing laundry and refuse to iron anything.

I've loved storytelling since forever. I published my first short story with

Wraith Kings (4 books)
  • Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1)
  • Eidolon (Wraith Kings, #2)
  • The Nomas King (Wraith Kings; #4)