Start by marking “Born Under a Good Sign: Make the Most of Your Astrological Sign” as Want to Read:
Born Under a Good Sign: Make the Most of Your Astrological Sign

Born Under a Good Sign: Make the Most of Your Astrological Sign

Your Essential Guide to Quick and Easy Astrology

Set yourself up for better relationships and a bright future with Born Under a Good Sign, the uncomplicated guide to astrological sun signs. This book strips away the woo-woo and technical charts, leaving only the most useful and clear information on each sun sign's traits and tendencies.

With sensible explanations and playful
Published November 8th 2019 by Llewellyn Publications

To ask other readers questions about Born Under a Good Sign, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born Under a Good Sign

Start your review of Born Under a Good Sign: Make the Most of Your Astrological Sign
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I love books on astrology, but I've never found one I loved this much. Robinett knows her stuff, and knows how to put it across in a relatable and easy-to-understand manner. While this might be a bit of an information overload if you tried to read it cover-to-cover in a day, it would make an absolutely amazing reference book to keep on your shelves (or e-reader, whichever).

When reading books about astrology, one fun thing I like to do is to look up myself and each of my immediate family members
amanda
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First things first, I’m a Libra before anybody asks. Yes, I know it was probably obvious since all Libras are divine gifts from above.

Secondly, I love this book. I want it for my own honestly. I have always been interested in astrology and horoscopes but also always felt a little lost because what in the hell is a 5th moon rising on Saturn?

This book is simple and comprehensive and breaks down all of the signs perfectly. It’s more of a guide than anything and I’m happy I was given the chance to
Tapasya
Love these books.
Though I have read it all before I can never get bored.

Thank you for the Arc.
ABCme
Aug 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read explaining the sun signs. Very basic and often completely wrong descriptions of the zodiac signs. As every astrology student knows, who you are depends at the very least on your sun, moon and rising sign. Nothing about that gets mentioned in this little book. The pretence that all you need is your zodiac sign and that's who you are is an insult to the amazing wealth of knowledge astrology has to offer. The list of explanatory words at the end of the book will be abracadabra for anyone ...more
Kate
3.5-ish stars.

I'm going to preface this by saying that I"m a woman of science -- in a year I'll have my PhD in health sciences, and I like evidence before making any decision or pretty much forming an opinion about anything. And yet, I find this kind of stuff fascinating (though do I believe it? Not really. Maybe. I dunno.). I've never really bought into it because I really dislike my sign (Pisces) and feel like it's the exact opposite of most of my personality/attitudes/dispositions. I recently
Sg
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Separates the signs by months and decans!
Ever read the horoscope section for you and said, "That's not me at all?" Or peak for your mom, friends, etc and think it's all half truths? Are all Leo's really the center of attention? I have known some very quiet introverted ones.

"Born Under a Good Sign" is beyond your glossed over generalized star sign synopsis. Each sign takes place in two months, and it's true, the August Virgo IS different from the September one- ever read that before? To go
Samantha
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

What I found different about this zodiac book is how each sign was divided up into three deacons each with their own traits and personalities. Also how each sign was also divided up by the two months in which they took place. I never came across another astrology book with these aspects mentioned and I thought it was quite interesting.

There is quite a
Ri
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Give me a book about Astrology and I will likely lose my mind. That is how much I love it. It fascinates me. That was surely the case here because this was one of the best Astrology books out there. I have so many of them but often time there are parts that I don't like or that do not ring true. That is not the case with this book.

It is definitely not a book that I found myself reading as a typical book but more one that I went to the signs that meant something. In my case, Virgo and also for my
Sherri
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! This is one of the easiest-to-understand astrology books I have come across. I love that Robinett uses astrology as a tool, but also relies heavily on intuition when making decisions, even if it "goes against" what her chart says. After this helpful introduction, she provides a chapter for each sign that includes basic information, a breakdown of each sign into tertiary segments, strengths, weaknesses, relationships, parenting children of that sign, work, etc.

This book was
Diah R
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
(I received a digital ARC via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

As someone who actively pursuing astrological subject, I was disappointed with the book.
It wasn't for me at all.

However, I would recommend it to anyone who are new to the subject and need a comprehensive know-yourself starter kit.
This book contains 12 signs and their traits (positive-negative) as well as short explanations should one pursue the subject further.
It makes for an interesting read and I can see it
Athena Mae Rupas
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this astrology book by Kristy Robinett. I think the way she laid out the book and signs was unique and was not something I have seen in any other astrology books. She thoroughly covers each sign and covers relationships, communications, family relationships and working alongside the sign. If you're into astrology, I think that this is a good book for you because it goes into incredible detail. A definite winner in my book!

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this
Cherry
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. I found it a little hard to read on kindle, as it's one I would flip through to find what I need, so a paperback version would more suit that purpose for use as a reference book. I found the author's writing style to be easy to understand and very approachable. I received a free kindle copy on NetGalley but will consider purchasing a paperback version for my own library.
Lindsay
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! I love that each sign is it’s own chapter and how in-depth it goes. I especially loved the parenting advice in regards to the signs. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for info on the signs. Their strengths and weaknesses. I very much enjoyed this book. Great read for beginners and those well versed.
Annarella
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good book interesting for anyone who's starting to study astrology or those who want to refresh their knowledge.
I loved the style of writing and how the book is organised.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Alexandra
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really nice and sort of informal introduction to each sign. Each sign gets there own chapter. Each having a similar set up to give reader information. Good for those who want this kind of introduction.
Stephanie
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Thank you NetGalley and Llewellyn Publications for an advanced reader's copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have always found astrology fascinating, and particularly enjoy reading about the characteristics, challenges, and strengths of my star sign. Born Under a Good Sign was an easy and interesting read on this subject, and I quickly breezed through the material, completely engrossed. Besides thoroughly covering each sign, the author presents information on communication,
Tomas
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Net Galley. What follows is an honest review.
I really like this book because it goes past fire signs and water signs. Beyond the fact that I’m a Leo and have the heart of a lion (which is true but I don’t have the personality to rock the fire sign). It actually goes into the planets and how they help to determine what your sign is up to at the moment.
It took me a little longer to get through the first part of the book because I thought “
Kristy Robinett
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michelle Doan
Nov 08, 2019

• The Language of Tarot: A Proven System for Reading the Cards
  • Unicorn Magic: Awaken to Mystical Energy & Embrace Your Personal Power
  • The Ritual Yearbook
  • The Mindful Place of Calm: Find Your Way Into the Space Between Thoughts & Actions
  • Morbid Magic: Death Spirituality and Culture from Around the World
  • Pathworking the Tarot: Spiritual Guidance & Practical Advice from the Cards
  • The Accidental Life Swap
  • Magpie
  • The Dead Girls Club
  • Rewilding: Meditations, Practices, and Skills for Awakening in Nature
  • The Poison Garden
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • Aphrodite Made Me Do It
  • Nothing Hidden Ever Stays
  • The Mermaid's Call
  • Pretty Guilty Women
  • Grimworld: Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock
  • The Woman in the Veil (Victorian Mystery #4)
Kristy Robinett (Livonia, MI) is a psychic medium and author who began seeing spirits at the age of three. When she was eight, the spirit of her deceased grandfather helped her escape from a would-be kidnapper, and it was then that Robinett realized the Other Side wasn't so far away. As an adult, she was often called upon by the local police department to examine cold cases in a new light and from ...more