Start by marking “Beyond the Last Page” as Want to Read:

Beyond the Last Page...
...because the end is the beginning of forever.

“Beyond the Rain”
by R.B. O’Brien
Young love is like the first time one sees a shooting star; it’s bright and magical. But not all stars can be seen through the rain. When Julietta and Max fall in love one romantic and lustful summer, etching their forever promises into the big oak under a night sky, n
Published January 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Last Page, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Last Page

Cailin Briste
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy-romance
The tag line for this collection of short stories, ...because the end is the beginning of forever, is a hint that at least some of these tales will bring tears to your eyes. This happened with the first story by R.B. O’Brien, “Beyond the Rain,” which also had one of the two most sensual scenes in the book. The cover promised sensual short stories. O’Brien writes lyrical prose although halfway through her story I skipped some description to find out if my fears were true.

The majority of these sto
George Hancocks
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in new and different romance.
Recommended to George Hancocks by: Following the authors.
Beyond the Last Page, Nu Romantics.
As a rule, I don't read short stories, preferring novels or novellas. That said, I decided to read Beyond the Last Page anthology of six writers who belong to the Nu Romantics. That's because I have become fascinated by this group's attempt to give new meaning to the genre of Romance, and also because I have come to enjoy the work of several of its members in novel form.

Let me say right off that I will have to revise my opinion about short stories. The six offe
Ann
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
By Various authors
Main Characters:
I voluntarily and honestly reviewed this book without bias or persuasion from the authors.
4 1/2 out of 5 stars total for this book with the caveat that two of the stories were not what I would normally read. (Historical & fantasy) 6 short stories for the price of one.
Beyond the Rain by R.B. O’Brien
5 out of 5 stars
Julietta and Max
Absolutely loved this story! Shocking ending.
Beyond Forever by Sebastian Nox
5 out of 5 stars
Adam and Abigail
An
Rachel Vine
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Beyond the Last Page is an anthology like none I have read before. Each of the six stories was unique, but had a sensual romantic thread running through them all.
One is an exceptional love story that gave me goose bumps at one point – so dramatic and well-hidden was an unexpected outcome. It’s romantic and will pull at your emotions.
Another with a futuristic theme, makes you wonder if the story is describing a dream, or a strange reality, but is captivating in its description of the struggle to
Sharlie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The long wait is finally here to read "Beyond the Last Page". Just by gazing at the cover, I knew that I was in for a reading treat. Included in this anthology book are six short stories written by members of The Nu Romantics group. As there are six authors I, of course, found six different writing styles. Two of the authors I have been familiar with their published work. The other four, I have read their works in the group. As I can't pick my favorite child, I can't pick my favorite story. Each ...more
Ian D.
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella-length anthology has six short stories from different authors,. There isn’t an explicit overall theme, but all involve romance and/or love, and I think it’s fair to say that four are rather dark, and two of these have great last-minute twists. I enjoyed all the stories, and wished one in particular was longer.

The thing I enjoy about anthologies is the variety of writing styles from the contributors, and this collection is a prime example, ranging from almost-literary to the more con
Lena
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There were a lot of warmth in the stories. A few of them surprised me and I’m not easily surprised. All in a good way, even if it was a little sad.
Six short stories in one book. Some of the authors I already knew and some were new to me.
The characters were all well described and I felt as part of the stories.
The quality of the stories were high.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

Deb
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute anthology by new or new to me authors. Beyond Mercy by Summer Layne isn't my usual genre but was well written. I feel like there's a bigger story begging to be written! I don't really lean towards historical but I really enjoyed Beyond The Call Of Duty by Rachel de Vine. Beautiful story. One that I'll think back on again and again!
Jill
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heart's Desire

This is a collection of well written stories. That draw you into them . Each so different from the previous one. Some will bring you to tears, others will make you smile. But each will warn your heart.
Renee Atkins
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my

These are the sweetest stories, if not traditional. From one story to the next, I never knew what to expect! The only thing you can expect is great love, and great imagination from these wonderful authors. I will be following these fills through their careers.
margaret parris
Feb 21, 2019
Warda
Jan 25, 2019
Mark (UK)
Jan 31, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
R.B. O'Brien
Feb 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
YaniM
carolyn moreno
Apr 09, 2019
McPhaul M.
Apr 10, 2019
Ashlee Shades is a Contemporary Romance author who enjoys writing sensual and hot romance stories featuring alpha bad boys, independent heroines, and sometimes, she sneaks in sweet moments between the leading characters.

Ashlee enjoys spending her days either reading when she's not writing...or hanging out on social media (as much as her husband and two teenage boys will allow). What an addiction,