Start by marking “The Burns Fire: The Fire Salamander Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Burns Fire: The Fire Salamander Chronicles

The Burns Fire: The Fire Salamander Chronicles

(Fire Salamander #1)

When you’re a supernatural weapon of mass destruction, it can be hard to walk in the world of humans, especially when you work for the FBI…

Zane Burns—a.k.a. Gunz—is a Fire Salamander who works for a secret paranormal division of the FBI. When he gets a call in the middle of the night to get involved in a multiple homicide investigation, he soon finds himself embroiled in
Published January 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Burns Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Burns Fire

Start your review of The Burns Fire: The Fire Salamander Chronicles
Jacob Rundle
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a FANTASTIC story! N.M. Thorn has created something special that the literary world needed. This goes to show that Indie Authors have just as much talent or even more than traditionally published writers. First off, I LOVED the characters. Zane, a.k.a the fire salamander, is such a dynamic character. His movements. His speech. His thoughts. All of them are realistic, and I enjoyed them. Second off, I really like a story that has folklore and mythology in its bones. It really does help to bu ...more
Raj
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zane Burns,a conflicted being of immense power is the fire lizard of myth.A loss of control will burn down entire cities and so he keeps the fire banked within until gods and various dark entities ignite his rage into a seething inferno.This book is a start of what should be an intoxicating series.It deserves six burning stars.
Melanie
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book, I normally go for FMCs and I didn't know what a fire salamander was. Now I completely adore N.M. Thorns creation: a small man with a huge heart and a quick wit that had me giggling throughout. Meet Gunz.

This book was action packed and full of twists until the very last scene. N.M. Thorn makes every single character jump off the page and come to life, complete with witty lines and some hilarious scenes that had me laughing out lou
Gcostanza
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thrilling tale full of engrossing plots and compelling characters. I was especially impressed with the originality of the main character as well as the choice to delve into the less-often used Slavic pantheon. However, while I thoroughly enjoyed the book, there were a number of grammatical quirks which occasionally took me out of the story when they (though at times technically correct) didn't ring true with modern speech (if N.M. Thorn reads this the use of "neither" - both without "nor" and to ...more
Kara Weaver
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book took me on a ride from the moment I opened the book and started reading. There's no long introduction; the action starts almost straight away, and continues until the last page. The start of the book is an amazing retelling of Irish folklore, beautifully interwoven with Slavic Folklore, magic, fairytales, paramilitary and killer martial arts. N.M. Thorn's storytelling is so compelling it leaves you wanting for more at the end of the book.
Mikki Noble
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed all the characters in this book and the concept of a fire salamander was different and pretty darn cool. Thorn had me guessing a lot-so much so, that I just had to finish the story in one day. She weaves a fiery, magical tale that was interested until the last page. Can't wait for book two!

Definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys action, well-developed characters and the supernatural.
Katherine
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Burns Fire, the Fire Salamander chronicles, follows Gunz, aka Zane Burns, through his journey in modern day South Florida. An action packed urban fantasy adventure, this book takes the reader through both ancient and modern times. Thank you, N.M. Thorn, I couldn't put down the book until the last page.
N.P. Martin
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast-paced, interesting and compelling read. It's filled with folklore and mythology which greatly helps to give it some depth, and being Irish myself, I obviously appreciated the Irish folklore and retelling of Celtic myths. The characters are also real and believable, the dialogue well done. Overall, a grand start to a great new series.
Kimberly Williams
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book.

Great start for a series. Looking forward to the next book.
Like the snarky comments throughout the story. Keeps things I teresting.
Robert Berg
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great new series

Quite enjoyable read, very interesting and unusual plot. Great characters. I’m Glad that there will be a sequel soon hopefully.
Mike
Shay Hayden
Sep 04, 2019
Cathy Arrowsmith
Sep 06, 2019
N.M. Thorn currently lives in South Florida with her husband and son. Owner of a digital marketing agency by day and a writer by night, she loves spending her times creating new worlds, paranormal planes of existence and anything that could be described as supernatural.

When she is not busy working with everything digital or exploring fantasy worlds, she enjoys spending time with her family, readi

Fire Salamander (3 books)
  • The Burns War: The Fire Salamander Chronicles Book Two